• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Marth vs Pit doesn't seem terrible to me at all. Pit forces him to approach and can kill Marth at reasonable percentages. Plus Marth has a bad recovery.

Pit vs MK tho, I'm undecided. I don't know alot about the matchup but from where I stand it doesn't look good. Thats why I go Diddy lol :embarrass:

@Kuro.....I think people buy something called a Dazzle? I've never used it before but I know people use it to record brawl vids. I think you can get it at Bestbuy/Futureshop etc. Anybody know anything about this?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I had a ton of fun playing Metas at SiiS, and my looping game works because I don't JUST loop arrows, I do what Yass does, only with less flare. I also just shoot arrows straight while I'm looping arrows (like he does against Ness I think on one part of the combo video, except he used arrow rain)

Arrow rain is like a more complicated way to pressure people and it's better to put more time into other tactics like... WoI refresh off stage and **** them offstage.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Well, you didn't achieve anything with your planking either. Yass' way of Arrow looping is viable in tourney, and he's like the only one who can do it this good. I've seen him play in France against great players, like Kaak etc. He did all his arrow tricks, they all worked. It would be punishable if he did it like a noob-pit and hold sheild while arrowlooping wich makes him roll or something like that. Yass does it while playing, and I don't know any Pit who can do it as good as him. How can they avoid something as an unexpected arrow coming out of the air, controlled by someone who actually knows how and where to place it to actually hit. Weird.

Anyway, Yass won't win a European national, true. But blame our bad character, not his unique way of playing.
Dude, don't talk if you don't even know my offline results and stuff. For instance I 2-0'd and 2stocked Crysis who placed 17.th at BBI (and he even forfeited), I kicked S!C out of bracket, went 1-2 against istudy.. etc. Also maybe you didn't notice it but this is not about me or yass, it's about if arrow loops are effective or not. Therefore your biased comment is just out of place.

Besides I know how Yass loops arrows since he tries it way too often. And still in most cases it's extremly easy to punish with a decent character and will put him in a bad situation. especially if you're opponent is used to it and there's no "surprising effect" anymore. You make it look like the arrow will loop by itself and he's 100% accurate, which is not going to happen. Ever. In most cases you can punish him before he can even setup his arrowloop stuff because it always creates an opening even if you move around while doing it (which is not even that hard like you say, I can do it by myself and many other Pit Mains as well).

"How can they avoid something as an unexpected arrow coming out of the air, controlled by someone who actually knows how and where to place it to actually hit. Weird."

I lol'd at that part. Seriously, Oh no an arrow coming from above! What should MK do now? Oh right he just has to mash B since the arrow won't go through it anyway.

Arrow Loops does have their uses, if rarely and extremly carefully used. But most time it puts you in a more disadvantaged situation then it actually have uses. And therefore it's nothing else then a gimmick, which is not even worth the effort. I M O

Oh and your last part, is just false.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I lol'd at that part. Seriously, Oh no an arrow coming from above! What should MK do now? Oh right he just has to mash B since the arrow won't go through it anyway.

Arrow Loops does have their uses, if rarely and extremly carefully used. But most time it puts you in a more disadvantaged situation then it actually have uses. And therefore it's nothing else then a gimmick, which is not even worth the effort. I M O

I laugh laugh laugh at you sir. Arrow will hit MK from above even if he mashes B. In fact, arrows from in front cancel his tornado often times when he first starts it up.

No one that I've seen play with arrows besides Yass uses them effectively. Ever. In tournament.

Except me <3

Arrow looping is worth noting and using if it fits your strategy, but don't get caught up in it like Yass does. I don't care if the dude has results or not, he's pretty damn legit, but jesus he loops so fancy like. 31 percent after like 3-4 arrows and a grab on mario told me LOL that's too much work for damage.. But either way I condone the use of arrow looping AND being smart, it leads to slow steady percentage and kill setups.

Anyone who says you can't do both consistently and accurately should quit talking about the legitimacy of the technique IMO. Practice makes perfect, and arrows make for a perfect metagame (or at least as good as Pit's is gunna get)

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Dude, don't talk if you don't even know my offline results and stuff. For instance I 2-0'd and 2stocked Crysis who placed 17.th at BBI (and he even forfeited), I kicked S!C out of bracket, went 1-2 against istudy.. etc. Also maybe you didn't notice it but this is not about me or yass, it's about if arrow loops are effective or not. Therefore your biased comment is just out of place.

Besides I know how Yass loops arrows since he tries it way too often. And still in most cases it's extremly easy to punish with a decent character and will put him in a bad situation. especially if you're opponent is used to it and there's no "surprising effect" anymore. You make it look like the arrow will loop by itself and he's 100% accurate, which is not going to happen. Ever. In most cases you can punish him before he can even setup his arrowloop stuff because it always creates an opening even if you move around while doing it (which is not even that hard like you say, I can do it by myself and many other Pit Mains as well).

"How can they avoid something as an unexpected arrow coming out of the air, controlled by someone who actually knows how and where to place it to actually hit. Weird."

I'm sorry, I didn't feel like replying on everything.

But uh... right. x)

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Man, I'm so sick of losing on wifi. It's sickening! It seems on aib everyone is impressed with my Pit. They keep saying wow, amazing Pit, but my record this ladder is the worst it's ever been... It's so discouraging. I'm just ready to know if I'm good or not by going to a real tourny. Ugh, maybe next year when I'm in college :p.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
props to you sir (^^Sharkz) for even being able to play wifi successfully at all especially with pit! i tried wifi once. froze my wii. never did it again. but wifi was to weird feeling for me to play with all the lag that was goin down

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Man, I'm so sick of losing on wifi. It's sickening! It seems on aib everyone is impressed with my Pit. They keep saying wow, amazing Pit, but my record this ladder is the worst it's ever been... It's so discouraging. I'm just ready to know if I'm good or not by going to a real tourny. Ugh, maybe next year when I'm in college :p.
Pit on wifi sux bro dont feel bad. Ill be in college this fall :)

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
@Maharba
Yeah well I don't have much of a choice. I enjoy the smash series too much to stop, I want to play real people, but I have no chance of going to an offline tourny atm, so I guess wifi is the only way to get better. I still enjoy though. (Especially doubles, I could play doubles all day)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
On joke ladder i was top 3 then i let decay happened i was 8th. Pit/Mk/Ike. I don't try on ladders anymore.. lol Like I had the urge to ladder during the joke season.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
The ladder isn't serious, really. I think I'm like 15th or something right now with Pit and sometimes Pika, but I'm not really impressed with that at all. Just do it to play people.

And wifi pit is actually pretty good, kuro lol. Multi hit moves, fast dodgerolls, and un-PSable arrows.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
I laugh laugh laugh at you sir. Arrow will hit MK from above even if he mashes B. In fact, arrows from in front cancel his tornado often times when he first starts it up.

Arrow looping is worth noting and using if it fits your strategy, but don't get caught up in it like Yass does. I don't care if the dude has results or not, he's pretty damn legit, but jesus he loops so fancy like. 31 percent after like 3-4 arrows and a grab on mario told me LOL that's too much work for damage.. But either way I condone the use of arrow looping AND being smart, it leads to slow steady percentage and kill setups.

No one that I've seen play with arrows besides Yass uses them effectively. Ever. In tournament.

Anyone who says you can't do both consistently and accurately should quit talking about the legitimacy of the technique IMO. Practice makes perfect, and arrows make for a perfect metagame (or at least as good as Pit's is gunna get)
oh my god, facepalm. You Sir and also Ayoub, obviously don't know that the arrow needs to hit one of the "holes" where MK is vulnerable in order to kick him out of the Nado. Which is not going to happen, like nearly all time not matter what you say. Most time it will just hit the side and fail. Or it won't even come back at the MK because the MK will probably already be in your face and nad'ing you, oh yeah he can even move with the nado!

Arrow loops will never be 100% accurate. Ever. That might be a wish from you. And I've been looping with Pit since release.

The fact that you base everything you've just said on a Combo Video is just.... Ehhh not worth that I even reply to you anymore.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
welp...outside of dubz I might go all Pit in this NC tourney I'm going too...(cept for MK...**** that...and maybe some D3s)

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Cool Fox video, but trigasm...?

Well what is your general score?

Pit isn't really a wifi character, but you can always abuse small things like arrows and angel ring. I know how you feel though, I played ladders with ROB and Diddy before and winning with them was so much easier lol. Pit to me feels like he requires a greater degree of skill since you can't sit back and spam bananas and lazers. You have to think.

I got to like 1300 after a few games on ladder with Pit, but I don't really play brawl anymore since I'm at uni.

However if you actually want to improve fast, just start going to tourneys. Tournament play will definitely make you better.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Well I usually averaged about 1200-1300 or around that. But this ladder I'm at around 3-10. It's just embarrassing.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
oh my god, facepalm. You Sir and also Ayoub, obviously don't know that the arrow needs to hit one of the "holes" where MK is vulnerable in order to kick him out of the Nado. Which is not going to happen, like nearly all time not matter what you say. Most time it will just hit the side and fail. Or it won't even come back at the MK because the MK will probably already be in your face and nad'ing you, oh yeah he can even move with the nado!

Arrow loops will never be 100% accurate. Ever. That might be a wish from you. And I've been looping with Pit since release.

The fact that you base everything you've just said on a Combo Video is just.... Ehhh not worth that I even reply to you anymore.

You really have an angst against people who have opinion differing from your own, so I'm not going to reply to you anymore either :)

Fair enough?

O wait

and btw I do know that the arrow has to hit a certain hole in his tornado, and it appears most often on the top of him. If he's torandoing, there's nothing stopping you from just shielding it and/or rolling away while looping. I've been able to loop without rolling as well. We also have mirror shield to push them away while STILL looping.

All of this done while being practically 50 percent accurate, not 100 percent.

And I never said you can be 100 percent accurate. No one is perfect lol. but I digress on the saying of "practice makes perfect", such a silly statement, when we are all trying to perfect things, we're simply getting closer and closer to what we consider perfection.

I consider a "perfect" Pit someone who uses arrow looping and his other stuff. Not one or the other. Certain MUs call for it, others do not. And for MK, we're in a losing race anyways, so why not attempt to practice this?

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Don't take Snopy too serious guys.
He just thinks that, if he isn't able to loop profitable, others ain't too.

Oh, and nice Trigasm x)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's alright. I'm pretty used to it by now.

Oh and I missed that I made the point that arrows can cancel his torando nearly every time if you shoot it right when he begins the tornado. It usually does cancel it. :)

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I know I don't post very much but....

Woot new Avi!!!!

Also I can't wait till June when I'll start to play competetively. I'll be in MD/VA region. In the meantime I'll just be content with being the president of Smash Club at College haha.

Where are we Pit mains at anyway?

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Im Md/Va Oh God now we have 5 Pit mains in md/va xD
You say that like it's a bad thing :p.

Plus I won't be adding much at first. I havent played any real pros in ages (and only admiral pit and Ravyn online) and I wasn't ever a high quality player. Sure I'm better then a casual player but... how much? Hard to say.

I just need to start brawling against the people who know there stuff. Beingt he best player at College means nothing, even if the community here is large.

I'm king of the pond, minnow of the sea.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Where In Md/VA do you live. Well I mean there's so many Pit's in our area it ********. Like All of us Are good. I need to go to more things though I live in the bad part of the region aka Southern VA.

Luckay is pretty decent.
Tko's Pit is unique
Heyit'sYo's Is a Good Aggro Pit.
Me Im just Casual Campy Pit.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Where In Md/VA do you live. Well I mean there's so many Pit's in our area it ********. Like All of us Are good. I need to go to more things though I live in the bad part of the region aka Southern VA.

Luckay is pretty decent.
Tko's Pit is unique
Heyit'sYo's Is a Good Aggro Pit.
Me Im just Casual Campy Pit.
Woodbridge VA. NoVa.

Woot, another addition to palutena's army.
I've been around, more like rejoining officially :p

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pit makes me so mad, but I still want to be good w/ him, lol. I recently meet this guy @ my college, and idk why I'm envious of his playstyle w/ Pit, but he uses the basics so well w/ him and he knows about this site, and knows more of the depths of this game than I do. I hope I can learn from him, but he won't play Pit vs me cause I wrecked him w/ mine >_<

Top Bottom