• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
but why not just leave it as 50 globally is what im saying. pit is NOT OP with only 50 ledge grabs. now if we had like 65 we would a top 5 character but we don't so we aren't.

also going to a tourney at a local college. time to make some free money

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I timed out MJG with exactly 35 ledge grabs.

It's possible to play a matchup out aggro-like (especially in a matchup like :toonlink: )and still be gay and stay under the limit.

Though it is a stupid rule now without MK.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
kuro you never updated the video thread that night :urg:
:( i did a matchup summary though! D:
so some reliable sources in the URC leaked to me that they are probably going to give pit and g&w and maybe one or two more characters special lgl's. i think that it's bull**** that now that MK is gone they are gonna try and keep this character down still wbu guys?
Eh as long as it's not some dumb **** like 20-25. Anything 40 or higher i'd be happy with. And game and watches better be lower than ours.
but why not just leave it as 50 globally is what im saying. pit is NOT OP with only 50 ledge grabs. now if we had like 65 we would a top 5 character but we don't so we aren't.

also going to a tourney at a local college. time to make some free money
I agree.

And u better win.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I timed out MJG with exactly 35 ledge grabs.

It's possible to play a matchup out aggro-like (especially in a matchup like :toonlink: )and still be gay and stay under the limit.

Though it is a stupid rule now without MK.
Yeah it is stupid considering planking is very punishable other than mk. My friend has ledge mind games with link, tink, zss, and shiek's 1 frame ledge grabs. Certain cases, it becomes an extension of the stage, rather then just planking when it comes to higher skill.

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Also, I didnt grab the ledge a lot because I was planking most of the match, I grabbed it due to camping with arrows on SV's floating platform and doing my special fall off trick with the arrow reversed so that I can shoot while falling and be safe and mix it up all at once.

U-air planking is unsafe on Pit's end. Limit characters like GW and to a lesser extent, DK. -_-

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Also, I didnt grab the ledge a lot because I was planking most of the match, I grabbed it due to camping with arrows on SV's floating platform and doing my special fall off trick with the arrow reversed so that I can shoot while falling and be safe and mix it up all at once.

U-air planking is unsafe on Pit's end. Limit characters like GW and to a lesser extent, DK. -_-
Got hit by dat dk d-smash I presume. It can be safe if you space it correctly.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
and this is what happened~

I posted.

Post successful.

Page got back-spaced back once somehow.

(looks later)..

what. I didnt post it? alright fine. (posts again)

(leaves for an hour)

WTF!?

o_o

Anyways planking's not perfectly safe because a lot of characters can stop it is what I'm saying. Whereas DK's planking is like 1 frame vulnerability and GW's is none.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, when I do Pit dittos on Halberd/Delfino sometimes, I seem to deliver a carefully-timed D-smash after shielding U-air to knock them back, provided the Pit is high enough. I'm kinda worried bout doing the U-air stuff myself, but It's one of Pit's helpful stuff I guess. At this point, idk what to say... yet.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Remind me how to kill gay old Snake. I'm being taken to Frigate since I've been banning Halberd. And for those to know, it's against that stupid Mikeray, and I'm furious more than usual because of his trolling, cowardice, that and I'm annoyed that the stupid Side-B of his is actually effective against me. Side-B, of all things Snake...

I'm starting to have that dark depressive mind again, and that's affecting me greatly. It's causing me to damage my body or bash myself for being a failure. I get tired of having to fight those annoying top tier addicts as well. In fact, I hate top tiers, period, and Oli and G&W, for the obvious reasons.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I changed my mind. I want Snake banned, too! It aint helping me against the particular Snake's stupid Missile thing. If only I could win on SV first, then he can CP Frigate all he wants (me ban Halberd); and I can seal the deal on Delfino (He bans FD). Unfortunately tilt spam close range, projectiles all day far range, and the random Nikita use is making me angry.
It's the different styles that get to me, and that guy's ego. I may regret it next time.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Remind me how to kill gay old Snake. I'm being taken to Frigate since I've been banning Halberd. And for those to know, it's against that stupid Mikeray, and I'm furious more than usual because of his trolling, cowardice, that and I'm annoyed that the stupid Side-B of his is actually effective against me. Side-B, of all things Snake...

I'm starting to have that dark depressive mind again, and that's affecting me greatly. It's causing me to damage my body or bash myself for being a failure. I get tired of having to fight those annoying top tier addicts as well. In fact, I hate top tiers, period, and Oli and G&W, for the obvious reasons.
I changed my mind. I want Snake banned, too! It aint helping me against the particular Snake's stupid Missile thing. If only I could win on SV first, then he can CP Frigate all he wants (me ban Halberd); and I can seal the deal on Delfino (He bans FD). Unfortunately tilt spam close range, projectiles all day far range, and the random Nikita use is making me angry.
It's the different styles that get to me, and that guy's ego. I may regret it next time.
Chill bro plz :cool:

I can teach you G&W matchup. Olimar on the other hand...

Snake vs Pit--45:55, Pit can definitely win this one. Watch a lot of Pit vs Snake vids, there's tons... watch this Earth vs Shu, but watch the whole set! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5VWlIKZpnc

Katana-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn9PBDmNlPs
Yass-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMONJPj9wNg&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL669A7EBA745EBDE9
Earth-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3sCQ2pJojA

There, now you have 3 different styles to go from!

Definitely pay attention to Earth though, he knows how to handle Snake VERY well.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's even Gad. Not a losing matchup (being anything but). Just takes concentration. Which, in this case, it looks like AP is losing it.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
What are you doing complaining about Snake, it's not even that hard of a matchup, we out-camp him. He definitely isn't qualified to be banned like mk is. Nikita missle can be a good edgeguarding technique, but if you're getting hit by it randomly then that's just the wifi. Mikeray isn't that good a Snake and you shouldn't ban halberd either because it's worse to go to Frigate since you can't see his projectiles as easily and there is less room to camp.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
son the day we lose the snake MU is the day i go to a brawl tourney to **** my pants throw them at someone and leave bare *** naked.

now let me tell you something about the snake adimiral.

early on if you can the DACG, take him to ledge and mess around between pummel releasing him and air releasing him, if you play your cards right you can get like 80% on him off the first grab. after that point if you grab him just uthrow and do stuff that pit does under people.

camp him hard, throw and reflect nades (if you are on the ledge WOI his grenades). if he dthrows you mix up your get up with things like buffer utilt and WOI.

our jab works wonders on him when used properly, learn how to properly jab him.

killing snake is as simple as:

chasing with WOI refresh and hitting with bair (he doesn't have to be offstage for this to work, punishing laggy moves and landings is good use as well as platform sharking). it also a great way to punish his recovery if you get the chance. also stage spiking with it rocks.

reading rolls and get ups with fsmash

WOI catching him when he C4s himself.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well excuse me for the old CP/ban list saying "Bans: Halberd" and I know that good-for-nothing egotistical Mikeray isn't even good, but I can't get the job done. If you told me what stages to use (in recent times) I probably wouldn't be in this mess. I just want to hopefully hurt his ego by beating him, and I know that last part. The hard part is actually getting Snake that low so he'd actually do that.
He probably can't win without top tiers anyways. Then again, they're so desperate, that they have to rely on said characters. And I can't aggressively attack and close in to do heavy damage or get a quick kill with that 'nade spam around; that's what's keeping me from using many attacks.

I still say I need the stage info, why to pick/ban them... You know it's what I need. Maybe if I can actually win on SV, I can seal the deal on r3 with my CP. However, I need to hope that he doesn't cower away and deny my (3rd) challenge.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Well excuse me for the old CP/ban list saying "Bans: Halberd" and I know that good-for-nothing egotistical Mikeray isn't even good, but I can't get the job done. If you told me what stages to use (in recent times) I probably wouldn't be in this mess. I just want to hopefully hurt his ego by beating him, and I know that last part. The hard part is actually getting Snake that low so he'd actually do that.
He probably can't win without top tiers anyways. Then again, they're so desperate, that they have to rely on said characters. And I can't aggressively attack and close in to do heavy damage or get a quick kill with that 'nade spam around; that's what's keeping me from using many attacks.

I still say I need the stage info, why to pick/ban them... You know it's what I need. Maybe if I can actually win on SV, I can seal the deal on r3 with my CP. However, I need to hope that he doesn't cower away and deny my (3rd) challenge.
Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

You just need to be more patient when you're playing bro, and not get frustrated. Frustration is what seems to kill you. I wouldn't claim that he can't beat you w/out top tier, that doesn't really cut it.

Philippians 2:14-15
14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[a] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well Picto's banned, well, so is Brinstar, RC, and Japes. I probably would have used Japes if it wasn't banned, but then again, idk if he has a Falco. And I've 2-0 him with Defino the last 2 sets I had with that coward. If the old list says to use/ban the stage, I will do that to see what fits (and the only "Ban" I see for Snake is Halberd). I'm saying now would be the time for an updated CP/Ban discussion, or I use random instincts.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Krys, I wanna get some Pit work in. You up for wifi?

At best, I might be able to relax and play late tonight Juu. Depends on if I'm free after my Dad picks me up from Purdue. Add me on Skype (Krystedez) or msn (spectralprisms@yahoo.com), I'll PM you when I'm on and available to play or if I can't.

@ AP:

When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:

Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Now that I think of it, Picto is bad in some cases if you really want to be able to stay safe and scrooge. So I'd pick Delfino over that, and if you had to pick anyting else besides Brinstar, I'd choose Rainbow Cruise, but I know you hate that stage. Finally, you can also try Frigate, one of my favorites.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
stages to take snake to if you are aiming to win without timeout

delphino
halberd (im telling you if you learn this stage it's better for pit than it is for snake not to mention we can beat literally any character bar MK who doesn't matter so just learn the stage)
frigate

if you wanna time him out

RC
BF
Delphino

also dude, losing a few brawl matches isn't the end of the world and shouldn't be treated as such.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Ah, dang. I won't be able to play tonight and my computer is still out of commish for the time being, but I'll keep those in mind for future reference.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
alright sometime this weekend then juu. I'll be home for break until Wednesday morn', so later bro.

@ Maharba, it's AP's passion, leave it to the Pit who got top 8 (dont dare bring lights up bro lolololol)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Again, Picto, RC, Brinstar, and Japes are banned. Delfino is my only choice unless said otherwise. Since he bans FD when I actually don't like FD (He probably banned it because of my severe camping), it's the perfect bait, but again... To be CP'd on Frigate or Halberd, when it says ban Halberd... Who am I to believe?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Again, Picto, RC, Brinstar, and Japes are banned. Delfino is my only choice unless said otherwise. Since he bans FD when I actually don't like FD (He probably banned it because of my severe camping), it's the perfect bait, but again... To be CP'd on Frigate or Halberd, when it says ban Halberd... Who am I to believe?
Rules state otherwise. Are you talking ladder, or tournament, or personal friendly?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The ladder of course... However, I wouldn't mind getting a full set of stage ideas, and I can pick from there although I'd love to hear reasoning behind why it's good/bad.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Like I said, ladder rules state you can use all of the ones I showed above. I also stated which ones for this matchup in particular.

Calmly approach your situation and think about it for yourself, you're smart AP.

If you really want me to tell you, Frigate is good because it puts Snake in a bad position every time the stage flips. Scrooging is massively helped on this stage. Camping is really good from any position except middle on the symmetrical transformation.

Far Delfino, that's just planking/sharking galore and lots of room to work with. But don't fall in the water often.

Picto I like because it's like a zany FD.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
They're using Apex rules for the ladder this time. Otherwise, I'd have MKs take me to RC/Brin, and I'd be using my Brins again.
I can't find the thing or spark I need to give me a Limit Break to help me improve even further. I felt that I've broken 2 of my limits in my (Online) career, but I want to make it 3. What am I missing is the question, and why have I've been surrounded by dark aura often? And I know it's more than just losing and being a failure.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
They're using Apex rules for the ladder this time. Otherwise, I'd have MKs take me to RC/Brin, and I'd be using my Brins again.
I can't find the thing or spark I need to give me a Limit Break to help me improve even further. I felt that I've broken 2 of my limits in my (Online) career, but I want to make it 3. What am I missing is the question, and why have I've been surrounded by dark aura often? And I know it's more than just losing and being a failure.
First of off, you're NOT a failure, but you have to believe it for yourself. We can tell you all day you're not a failure, but it won't matter if you don't believe it for yourself. If you want to break your Limit, then you need a BETTER & more POSITIVE attitude! It truly works, and read some of these: http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_00002d.htm
http://www.successconsciousness.com/how-to-be-positive.htm

Maybe that will help, I dunno--let me know!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Me no touch! D: I just want to beat others and show my potential, but losing hurts the morale D:

MVD

Smash Master
Lol its true tho! I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for losing to ESAM Seibrik and Riddle as much as I have, and I get better cause I still lose to them lol

Top Bottom