• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Just going to say another straight arrow won't get you the kill unless their off stage at the blast line, Luck.

I'm not grouping arrows into any category of projectiles, I'm just saying that it's better to learn Pit before learning arrow looping.

And as far as "approaching" because they know I have some confi-...What are you talking about?! Arrow loops can be done and your motions can be delayed and you fight just like normal while it loops, that's what I keep telling you. You buffer in moves and jumps while looping to space, and you have more options then you think you would have by pushing the stick in a "360" motion. Have you ever tried gliding while looping? How about WoI spacing in the air to stop your momentum or theirs? You don't know all the options you have while arrow looping, you think it's all just one linear variable set, and it's not.

Pro players I've fought in bracket, mm's, and friendlies have all succumbed to ALing in some form or another. When they learn, I start to mix it up. When they learn again, it becomes a guessing game; will he loop? Will he not? If you're not hitting people with ALing that well, you're either using it on the wrong character or you're doing it wrong. Simple as that.

That's all I got to say right now, if this is the mindset people have with ALing, then no wonder no one here bothers with it except for Yass, myself, and few others.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I know some ppl prefer me to go and try offline, but sometimes, I feel I shouldn't, but I said why already. I just had the mindset of disliking many of the higher tiers, while I wanted to see rep from some of the underused and underrated chars, and that's where Pit comes in for the most part. I just care bout variety a lot to the point where I do have that type of mindset, as if temper isn't enough.

Alas, not everyone can go offline anyways, and I'm one of em. So again, you can't force me to go offline, because I can't go anywhere, even if I wanted to. Can we move on to something else?
AP you live in Socal its not all metas and super high tiers. you could maybe make it on the PR I made it on, I got 8th on there. also it will be good to meet people, not all people in the world are a holes they wont be douche bags to you in real life. because you play wifi you have a bad impression on offline scene. Its so much different than wifi, so much more fun, so much more to do.

Pros and cons of Offline play (derived towards the socal scene just for you AP)
Pro- More friends, More people to hang out with, More and better training!!! you have an opportunity of the best kind of training, Socal is one of the best regions for brawl. Also it is so much fun! you can also play friendlies as well and the competition is still very fierce in friendlies. A day of play time as well every two weeks! there is a tourney every two weeks. Many smash fests are also held. so in a seasons worth of time you would be much better than you are now, would have gained a lot of friends and even people that would want to come to your house to play with you.

Cons- in a better region its easier to lose, so you feel like poop more often (but that gets countered because the training you get is tremendous, better than most state scenes), in peoples minds subconsciously you wont get respected or noticed until you get good or beat someone good. (but thats also countered because you already have rep for your self, many people already know you, also your good so you will eventually beat someone good, and even if you didnt beat someone good at first you will get there due to the amazing training you will get by just being there and playing.

Personal Pros (if you were to come)- You and I could meet! we could do doubles and have a good time. your pit will improve faster than it is now, and trust me there is hope for getting pit much better ive been there for only two seasons already, I am #8 on the socal PR and heading straight up!! If I can beat all the way to 8th and get Richbrown and Havok to last hit. Beat Tear Bear and beat Mike's Marth and become great buddies with Tryant (lol tyrant that ones for you if you name search) then you can too. getting pit repped is acctually easy. just keep playing when you come to tournies.

Personal Cons (if you didnt come) You would let down all your fans. Not get better at this game in the best possible way, be stuck in the same thing you have been doing for the past however long. we would never be able to meet, there would be many things would never be able to experience. trust me you will never know what something is really like until you do it. you dont know what great things will come to you and im telling you its good. Be optimistic about it, thats the only way for you to reach your goals.being negative will keep you in one spot preventing you from advanceing. to not go to these tournies is just about the same as walking up a stair case (I know one of your goals is to rep pit hard) and then stopping in the middle. only two options from that point 1. keep going or two go back. Theres always bumps in the road. Make your decision stick to it my son and make your goal a reality. Its hard but your not alone. we will be cheering you on all the way, we are here for you! everything is possible! keep going towards the finish line and make your mark in the smash world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if you dont go, **** your ****** ******* you ****** piece of *******

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
SS tier
masashi

S tier
earth koolaid yass snopy kiraflax

A tier
cyve luckay

B tier
ptzr maharba fyre kuro

brain freeze on who else posts in here to finish out tier list

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Might as well put me for "Pitiful" tier should you get the reference </3

I still gotta find possibly good partners that can adapt to my environment and playstyle, who use the right characters I'm looking for. I still feel weak in dubs. In other recent updates, I'm losing my hair after all the stress Falco gives me. tbh, I hate competing with others when it comes to camping.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Might as well put me for "Pitiful" tier should you get the reference </3

I still gotta find possibly good partners that can adapt to my environment and playstyle, who use the right characters I'm looking for. I still feel weak in dubs. In other recent updates, I'm losing my hair after all the stress Falco gives me. tbh, I hate competing with others when it comes to camping.
Admiral! dude, you should go to a tournament!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It really grinds my gears when I hear that every time. It's as if I'm being forced to do something I despise and/or can't even do, not to mention I said over a hundred times that I can't/won't, and I already said the reasons to that a lot, too. Nothing against you guys, but what I said is what I said.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
No one can force you, AP, but it would mean a lot to us fans of you and Pit players in general if you would play in tournaments :) But we'll see you on the battlefield either way, wifi or not... it just sucks that you can't/won't

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As much as I don't wanna let my fans down, not everyone can have what they want, like when I wanted a shot at offline nearly 2 years ago, or me finding a very good partner that I can work with, that of which also has potential team combos depending on the partner's character and all. At the same time, I wanted to get rid of my short-temper, but I don't see it happening, not soon. Wifi's all I got, and I have to deal with it. It's for the better considering my anger issues, to me.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Got 1st at the doubs tourney. Sorry guys I tried going Pit in dubs... but the GF was vs a Sonic and G&W and I wasn't risking my partner's sake of dying at 32% due to my arrows getting bucketed for whatever reason.
however I did Play pit in a set, vs an Mk and Zelda. On Yoshi's. Guess who's back to smash again :3

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
SS tier
masashi

S tier
earth koolaid yass snopy kiraflax

A tier
cyve luckay

B tier
ptzr maharba fyre kuro

brain freeze on who else posts in here to finish out tier list
After hearing some commentated matches, I feel like I understand the game a little bit better. This game does have MANY situations to READ opponents. I didn't know there were so many, I think Kira told me this before, but I'm pretty sure there are 100+ situations to favor/advance your situation. It's very evident in these Pit dittos--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hub9PvjQB0s&feature=related

Even after a year, those vids of Masashi & Earth are still rich w/ reads and information to use. It seems like I really need to start slowing my game down so I can learn these reads. Anyways, I noticed some major style characteristics of these players.

Earth is insanely good at reading spotdodges--he even walks up and read's Masashi's spotdodge. He's done it in matches vs Coney, X, Anuar, and pretty much everyone. It's like he FORCES his opponents to spotdodge, idk how he does it. He's also a beast at sniping opponents offstage--something we definitely should take note of.

Masashi LOVES upthrow, and he almost always tries to go for a read instead of an up arrow game. This is something else we should take into consideration. It seems like the Pit vids of you guys that I watch---almost everyone ALWAYS upthrows-arrows, but no it's not the case for Masashi 90% of the time. He also does some weird slow-run dashes it seems? Has anyone ever tried that? It seems like he can control whether Pit runs full speed or half-speed. How do you perform that?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
He also does some weird slow-run dashes it seems? Has anyone ever tried that? It seems like he can control whether Pit runs full speed or half-speed. How do you perform that?
Everyone in the Cast can do it. Basically you know how to do a walking dtilt? Its the same concept except running. Now, if you run like that to the ledge you will be running still without falling off the ledge.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Everyone in the Cast can do it. Basically you know how to do a walking dtilt? Its the same concept except running. Now, if you run like that to the ledge you will be running still without falling off the ledge.
You mean just walk and d-tilt? How do you do the half speed run? What are the inputs?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Esca
KiraFlax

These two players NEED to get their butt in gear to help with the Pit discussion for the match up chart, or I am simply going to be without any sort of back up to this. Pressure them to help, they are important to our matchup spread.

Kuro, Luckay, Ptzr, Gadiel.
How comfortable would you be with staying active over the next few days? I need reinforcement. Badly.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Alriiight. Two players that I expected. PTZR, you were originally one of my first picks, but Yass and Snopy were pretty much shoe ins from all your guys' discussion.

Unfortunately I've only gotten a bit of activity out of Snopy, and the other BBR members are really busy. I will PM You shortly.

Luckay and Gad, feel free to PM me if you are free too.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
After I finish this mid tier dubs tourney thing with an Ike as a partner, I may be up to taking your offer. And I'd help a bit, but I'm apparently useless -_-

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
PM me the biz, I'll lurk and maybe post a few things in my free time this week. What's the gameplan? And Admiral Pit is FAR from useless, lol--that Pit group on AiB is truly amazing my dude & you already wrote over half of Pit's matchups, lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
After I finish this mid tier dubs tourney thing with an Ike as a partner, I may be up to taking your offer. And I'd help a bit, but I'm apparently useless -_-
Aight man. Just lemme know.

PM me the biz, I'll lurk and maybe post a few things in my free time this week. What's the gameplan? And Admiral Pit is FAR from useless, lol--that Pit group on AiB is truly amazing my dude & you already wrote over half of Pit's matchups, lol.
link?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I stopped with the group months ago, since I couldn't keep up, and all. It's still there somewhere with old outdated info that I have back when I tried to push for Pit MU discussions. Consider it somewhat of old and ancient research still there.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
AP, feel free to give me your opinions on some of the more pressing match ups, this isn't like, shush shush or anything, the more you guys discuss on your own the more I "uumph" I can put to match up decisions made for this chart.

If you want, feel free to PM me or discuss here about the more pressing ones to you personally from the list.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I freaking lost to a stupid dubs Kirby team AGAIN! How can I kill that stupid ugly annoying puffball? I tried everything when I enter these random AIB tourneys, even almost limiting myself to playing Mid-tier ones, but no, Kirby screws me over yet again. Someone please find me a way to kill that hideous thing...

And I'm ready to fight, but I won't be playing regularly in terms of style...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I freaking lost to a stupid dubs Kirby team AGAIN! How can I kill that stupid ugly annoying puffball? I tried everything when I enter these random AIB tourneys, even almost limiting myself to playing Mid-tier ones, but no, Kirby screws me over yet again. Someone please find me a way to kill that hideous thing...

And I'm ready to fight, but I won't be playing regularly in terms of style...
What do u mean?@the last comment.

Top Bottom