• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Saying Puff is better than Link is saying Yoshi still deserves to be in Low tier. smh. Link can live longer. Has better match up's. Jigglypuff has no kill moves outside of rest and fair. (what if they get them off stage) Omg okay so she can somewhat wall of pain, it aint melee still where you dead if she hits you with one bair. Stop comparing link to jiggs like you would do link vs jiggs. Comparing is one thing but when you say Jiggs beats link and the match up and that's why she should be higher is dumb.
No kill moves besides rest and fair? Dash attack and gimps do fine, not to mention outside of Link's Dair, he is pretty lackluster at killing as well. Against a careful player, they will both be killing upwards of 150. Both characters have some crippling weaknesses, but I'd say puff has a much better chance of gaying out a win in Brawl.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Jigglypuff still has the weight problem Link's Recovery is only a crippling factor if he Di's wrongly.

Dash attack doesn't essentially worked as it did in melee. Gimping she has but, it's not 100% guaranteed like it was in melee

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Oh hai.

Puff has a ****load of kill moves.

Utilt
Usmash
Fsmash
Rest
Fair
Gimp
Dash Attack.
Even pound kills.

Our gimps for low tiers are easy
SS fair kills offstage reliably at 60-70%.
Rest kills all low tiers <75%
We can kill link by getting him offstage.
Our aerials beat his. We gimp him EASILY.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Oh my bad.

Whats with the > things. Everyones doin' that.

Overall, Jigglypuff is better than Cap'n Falcon and Link.
Without a doubt. We do better in low tiers. And against those characters.
We shouldn't have gone down.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
The fact that your character may do good in low tiers doesn't mean she's better in general some low tier characters are pretty good vs the high tiers. I mean Jiggs don't place high, and well Link has KirinBlaze atm.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
The fact that your character may do good in low tiers doesn't mean she's better in general some low tier characters are pretty good vs the high tiers. I mean Jiggs don't place high, and well Link has KirinBlaze atm.
We have little representation. Which is the main reason we don't have results. If we had more, it would be better.
We have dapuffster. And me. I live in a really hard region. But i did take a game off big lou. And i didn't do bad OOS.
Puff has more viability than link and cap'n falcon for sure. We just have no representation.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
We have little representation. Which is the main reason we don't have results. If we had more, it would be better.
We have dapuffster. And me. I live in a really hard region. But i did take a game off big lou. And i didn't do bad OOS.
Puff has more viability than link and cap'n falcon for sure. We just have no representation.
Yeah but the tier list isn't based on potential its just based on tournaments results as of recently. I mean A lot of characters where underrated on previous ones Like fox and wolf and look at them now. Just give it while once your get more representation on your character she'll be higher. Also, remember many people have different opinions on what character should be placed.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nothing is 100% guaranteed like it was in melee. Gimps aren't a guarantee, and niether are smashes, aerials, tilts, or grabs. Link isn't guaranteed to get gimped, but Puff isn't guaranteed to get hit by Snake's uptilt at 80% either. You can tell yourself that Link won't die until 200% because he will DI up and never get grabbed in the wrong spot, or hit with a dtilt or anything, but thats just as likely as a skilled puff spacing and evading well enough to avoid her opponent's earliest killers. Just like Link would hop around throwing bombs and avoiding using most of his punishable moveset (to avoid getting grabbed, dtilted, locked then gimped), Puff has options to avoid getting hit by smashes, Uairs etc.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That guy wasn't important anyway. I think he got mad because I proved Puff is better than Link.

Esca

Smash Champion
Oh hai.

Puff has a ****load of kill moves.

Utilt
Usmash
Fsmash
Rest
Fair
Gimp
Dash Attack.
Even pound kills.

Our gimps for low tiers are easy
SS fair kills offstage reliably at 60-70%.
Rest kills all low tiers <75%
We can kill link by getting him offstage.
Our aerials beat his. We gimp him EASILY.
This is a man trying to justify that Jiggs is anywhere near viable.

LOL @ U

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

I'm actually pretty good with jiggz.

Just because you play a character where you run away and shoot arrows the entire match doesn't make her less viable against other characters.

And i'm not just some scrub.
I have results.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
mink, jiggz isn't viable. you however are viable, thus when you use jiggz, it makes her neither viable nor inviable.

also, i found that aggro pit kinda wrecks shop on wolf if you read their moves properly, seriously, aggro pit is actually better than campy pit in certain MUs. just need to keep getting better is all. don't worry guys, i feel a new wind coming from my pit wings, gonna keep getting better until i own at a tourney here in texas, thus causing a ripple in the view on pit.

seriously though, if we can all place top 10 at the next few tournies we all attend (especially you esca at genesis assuming you go pit) then we may actually start to gain. the only problem is:

i have gnes, razer, trela, sync, infinity, dphat, esca, kprime, yoshi mains, and nike to deal with
luckay has seagull, logic, noid, and other bad *****
fyre just move to florida, a very powerful region with esam and riddle and seibrick and them,

and the other pit's don't go to tournies often. i mean koolaid is still our shining light currently but that's like, one pit. we need to step it up a generation guys.

(i was obviously in the mood for a pit rant if yall didn't notice)

but hey, i honestly have faith that we will get to levels that can effectively compete with them

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I also have Seagull, Noid, Logic, Lie, EE, and GIMR, with a little bit of Meep if he ever decides to come back.. -lives in md/va-

Making me feel useless
:(

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Nice little lessons w/ the yugioh cards, lol.

Katana's Pit is so beautiful! And yes I said beautiful! That's not a common adjective to describe a male, but the way he was playing in training mode showing me all this new stuff with Pit; it was like a fireworks show! He can arrow loop perfectly, his wingdashes are on point, and I didn't know that you can cancel it with dair, nair, and upair(can instant uptilt afterwards). He also showed me this very quick side-step jab, but you have to have quick fingers and flick the control stick away then back. And he also showed me the slow run where you can run all to the ledge and not fall off. I still can't do those last two yet >_<.

He also knows frame data like crazy--short hop is 40 frames, and fast fall shorthop is 30 frames. Most of Pit's attack end before 40 frames, so that's why we can do all of them in a sh. We can also autocancel fastfall bair, but it takes practice. Also upthrow and downthrow are very underated and we need to use upthrow A LOT more.

Cloudfox has been getting 4th in AZ tournaments these past two times, and Earth & Masashi still get top 5(these don't really count--just saying) :/

KiraFlax, Krystedez, Esca, Earth(maybe) and who else for Genesis??? Yall better get it in!!

Top Bottom