• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I liked the pivot stuff as well but i'm not really interested in learning aggressive tactics as much as i am as learning to reset situations, escape, and be safe etc etc.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
guys, the tourney is tomorrow and i can't get a hold of esca so i may be the only pit rep. hype me and give me MK advice, snake advice (looks at kuro), and diddy advice please. like i can play them hardcore defensive off stage and ledge game but idk what to do sometimes against gnes and razer and MK. any player's below their level i got a good chance on but MK is a problem since sync and dojo rock hard with MK. hype me up, get me pumped, and give me some solid advice on this please. i plan on taking home money and circuit points and i can't do this without yall's imput.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
guys, the tourney is tomorrow and i can't get a hold of esca so i may be the only pit rep. hype me and give me MK advice, snake advice (looks at kuro), and diddy advice please. like i can play them hardcore defensive off stage and ledge game but idk what to do sometimes against gnes and razer and MK. any player's below their level i got a good chance on but MK is a problem since sync and dojo rock hard with MK. hype me up, get me pumped, and give me some solid advice on this please. i plan on taking home money and circuit points and i can't do this without yall's imput.
:snake: also watch some koolaid vs fatal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXGXgL4Qf0Q

:metaknight: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlwaysthePitmains#p/a/u/3/WkXFX2F4oRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YErkqHpEs8Q

:diddy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIloHLAkFbo Diddy match is @ 4:53 a pretty good match to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhAGn9VTqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIkFioiUVUE

I got some nice diddy tricks stuff. I'll post actual word info on here later

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Time out Diddy, just dair camp platforms. He can capitalize too well on your mistakes with one banana peel.

Snake just cg him off the stage and **** his cypher like an mk and don't forget the woi spike his c4 recovery.

MK stay away at all times serious lol. Don't be too eager for the fthrow to ss fsmash, shield nado and then grab them (they always spot dodge after a nado if you approach them, wait for a sec then grab) Best advice is to win game 1 and then reset yourself thinking about your cp for game 3. If you play calm enough game 2 you should have the confidence to win game 3 on a stage of your preference or the fact that you're so calm and now the mk is down a game could even get you to 2-0 them.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i hang around the link boards these days, saw ryos and asked him why he doesnt post around here anymore.

From past experiences, the Pit boards aren't that interesting. Besides I feel like i have a really good understanding of Pit and don't really need to work on it.. Link on the other hand takes a lot of work. Watching other Link matches and talking strat is helpful.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Don't try to get too fancy with Diddy's bananas. Chances are he knows how to use them better than you. Just don't get distracted by them. Glide tossing toward Diddy is usually a bad idea. Glide tossing away, better. If he does get two bananas out, stay on platforms or camp. I think you can SDI his fsmash, go up and towards him and the second hit will miss. At least I know that works with Jigglypuff. :awesome:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Don't try to get too fancy with Diddy's bananas. Chances are he knows how to use them better than you. Just don't get distracted by them. Glide tossing toward Diddy is usually a bad idea. Glide tossing away, better. If he does get two bananas out, stay on platforms or camp. I think you can SDI his fsmash, go up and towards him and the second hit will miss. At least I know that works with Jigglypuff. :awesome:
Idk i disagree. Banana's can be used as added pressure which can come in handy and they add another OoS option. Glide tossing forward can be safe and lead to nice setups but i agree that MOST of the time it's not the best. Also, if he hits you with a banana just start to SDI up and towards him right away cuz even if dsmashes that's the correct way to DI so your safe and it's pretty easy to do consistently. If he gets too banana's out you can platform camp but pit's aerials have a ridiculous ability to grab bananas from amazing ranges especially his dair. When diddy is gonna glide toss (agressively rather than OoS or to punish you) it's pretty telegraphed so you can safely dair and grab the naner that way.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
If you have a banana hold on to it and pressure with arrows you took out probably 42% of his metagame by getting rid of one banana. Dont try fancy combo's but remember this you can glide toss buffer a reverse dash attack or grab him. If you shield his f-smash shield di in and grab before the second one whiffs.

Zulo

Smash Ace
True, they can be useful, if you know how to use them. Careful if you miss though, because you've just given him his banana back and left yourself open to be hit with his banana if he's holding one. I usually end up getting too aggressive when I have a banana too..

And yes, dair is great in this matchup. Including out of wingdash/wingland to pick up the bananas. ;D

(@Kuro)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
True, they can be useful, if you know how to use them. Careful if you miss though, because you've just given him his banana back and left yourself open to be hit with his banana if he's holding one. I usually end up getting too aggressive when I have a banana too..

And yes, dair is great in this matchup. Including out of wingdash/wingland to pick up the bananas. ;D

(@Kuro)
You can throw a banana right out of a wingdash which is pretty neat. When u hit the c-stick it throws the naner instead. Pretty useful sometimes ;)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So Pit Boards, I have an announcement. Since 10 people on Fb liked my status I have to dye my hair blonde and wear orange contacts, with a trench coat and sunglasses for a whole week.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So Pit Boards, I have an announcement. Since 10 people on Fb liked my status I have to dye my hair blonde and wear orange contacts, with a trench coat and sunglasses for a whole week.
What are you trying to imitate? Or is it just a random look o.o sounds interesting though haha. I dont want to dye my hair though :p haven't yet. And i hate contacts...so much hassle for such a little difference :p

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE2AFWVQeD8&feature=feedu i really like what he does with the falco matchup. Although, it seemed like pelca was being fearful throughout the match. Still, the tactics koolaid used are some ima take note of.

ALSO, i did this project for english and i'd like your guys opinions on it ^_^!!!!! SO here it is ---->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MYc3I6nP9k

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
NOOOOOOOOOO MAHA HOW COULD YOU LOSE TO IKE ;-; :(

On a side note...i just spent like 2 hours reading through general topics page after page...and i'm somehow satisfied with how i spent my saturday night :laugh: felt like laziness this weekend anyways~

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yes kuro, i lost to an ike. it was the first time i've ever even played the match up (outside of non-tourney scrubs who sucked). but hey this ike, bored, everyone their was worried about playing him except the A rank players (gnes, razer, etc...) and is a top 5 ike (he is fourth with a longer name) so ya. but tbh im really ****ing salty that i lost to an ike no matter how good he is, but ill never make the mistakes again. but abel is right, that jab is bull ****, and his range is bull ****, and ike can punish our planking with eruption on read.

but please don't get at me for losing to an ike, im salty enough about that as it is. it honestly made me too depressed to play at my best in friendlies for the rest of the day. got a lot of videos today though (mostly tourney :)), i officially need to learn the olimar, ike, and pikachu MUs. besides that everyone of the pros is impressed with my overall progress as a player, i got my first win on illmatic today, and i will continue to get better.

god soooooo much salt about ike though.... like seriously im still salty about it.

on the bright side i found out today that pit/shiek is actually a really good team. idc what you guys say to refute me, me and killik are going static because of how much fun and how overall efficient the team actually was. he's gotta learn zelda more for when their is a pika on the other team and i need to learn more about dealing with MK on the when im on the ledge.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
yes kuro, i lost to an ike. it was the first time i've ever even played the match up (outside of non-tourney scrubs who sucked). but hey this ike, bored, everyone their was worried about playing him except the A rank players (gnes, razer, etc...) and is a top 5 ike (he is fourth with a longer name) so ya. but tbh im really ****ing salty that i lost to an ike no matter how good he is, but ill never make the mistakes again. but abel is right, that jab is bull ****, and his range is bull ****, and ike can punish our planking with eruption on read.

but please don't get at me for losing to an ike, im salty enough about that as it is. it honestly made me too depressed to play at my best in friendlies for the rest of the day. got a lot of videos today though (mostly tourney :)), i officially need to learn the olimar, ike, and pikachu MUs. besides that everyone of the pros is impressed with my overall progress as a player, i got my first win on illmatic today, and i will continue to get better.

god soooooo much salt about ike though.... like seriously im still salty about it.

on the bright side i found out today that pit/shiek is actually a really good team. idc what you guys say to refute me, me and killik are going static because of how much fun and how overall efficient the team actually was. he's gotta learn zelda more for when their is a pika on the other team and i need to learn more about dealing with MK on the when im on the ledge.
Haha i was just bustin your balls. First time i played an ike in a (legit) tourney was against Ryo the #2 ike. Needless to say, i got merked hard. But once you understand it really isnt that bad.

Maayun gaiz, mi warrrrioooo iz progrezzin suuuu fazt!!! Je mit sorpaz mi snak!!! :)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ike is legit guys. I've played against San and Ryos. They made a believer outta me.
Ik i use to have a sick ike. He is hella legit character. But pit shouldn't lose to him in general. Like it's not terrible 55:45 pit but i still think pit has some tools that work real well vs him.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Dawg unless you have that Doom DI that Jab is hella gay. I lost to san too. <_< I only lose to legit ikes. Since I have an understanding on how to play vs him since I use to main him

Top Bottom