• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
What dezzy said. You can't even download a character cuz there are so many varying circumstances,processes,tricks,habits etc etc. They just downloaded koolaids and i don't even see any evidence of that whatsoever. Koolaid namesearch this. Plus he is one of many and was only one example. Im just hoping he comes in here out of pure curiosity. There are so many other pit examples for this mu that it won't really matter. Also,
Lmfao ITS METAKNIGHT. Thats a general rule of thumb for the most part lmao. And snakes WORST MU.

Koolaid
Koolaid
Koolaid
Koolaid
Koolaid
Koolaid
Koolaid
Koolaid
Koolaid
Koolaid
Koolaid
Actually Olimar is Snake's worst match-up. Most people think its 60:40 to 65:35

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
IT'S NOT FRIDAY ANYMORE !!! d;

And um... I still think that Snake is even with Pit no matter what. I've already lost interest in this subject since debating it heavily for the matchup chart. Most if not all Pits think it's even. Only a handful of Snakes I believe think they have the upper hand. And like... one Pit thinks it's Snake's favor I think and he's European (Yass?)... I have never heard Kool say that it is Snake's favor and in fact he was a contributer to the MU ratio. Just cuz he goes MK now against players he plays all the time doesn't mean squat.

As far as you go Esca, you have every right to your own opinion, but what else do you have to back it up?

(and when I said one Pit I mean the high level ones which there aren't that many so... Yeah.)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
IT'S NOT FRIDAY ANYMORE !!! d;

And um... I still think that Snake is even with Pit no matter what. I've already lost interest in this subject since debating it heavily for the matchup chart. Most if not all Pits think it's even. Only a handful of Snakes I believe think they have the upper hand. And like... one Pit thinks it's Snake's favor I think and he's European (Yass?)... I have never heard Kool say that it is Snake's favor and in fact he was a contributer to the MU ratio. Just cuz he goes MK now against players he plays all the time doesn't mean squat.

As far as you go Esca, you have every right to your own opinion, but what else do you have to back it up?

(and when I said one Pit I mean the high level ones which there aren't that many so... Yeah.)
Damn this argument just got SMASHED. :laugh:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
More like finely tenderi-

TENDERIZER~!! (bambambambambambambambambambambambam)

I'm going to a tournament sometime after school ends I hope, since there's one around my b-day. I might go all Pit for sure.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
screw it, every pit has their own opinions of all match ups but only those who have played both sides at the highest level can really say something. i say we (and by we i mean kuro lol) get that lucario discussion going. i can't contribut much, but i need to learn it and esca knows this MU inside and out because of trela so it is definately a match up discussion we will learn from.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
its not friday anymore :(

its saturday, and sunday comes afterwaaaurrrds

that ***** knows her days of the week

to any mvc3 players
haggar/spencer/deadpool get at me

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
screw it, every pit has their own opinions of all match ups but only those who have played both sides at the highest level can really say something. i say we (and by we i mean kuro lol) get that lucario discussion going. i can't contribut much, but i need to learn it and esca knows this MU inside and out because of trela so it is definately a match up discussion we will learn from.
Mhm~ getting on that d3 write-up ;) the florida storms all week really **** on my plans for the mu thread cuz we literally had no power every day then got it back at like midnight then lost it by morning cuz of da storms so that was out of my control.
Btw what do you guys say we do wario after lucario? He's the only one i feel hasnt been truly tapped out mu wise in the A tier area.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
um... pikachu ***** my soul in the butt man. or we could do ice climbers. or kirby. or we could do the top characters we haven't done (snake wario and mk). btw when i said pit can do good against wario i still feel it will always be around +1 through +2 however as i learn it more i feel it to be +1 (wario's advantage)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
its not friday anymore :(

its saturday, and sunday comes afterwaaaurrrds

that ***** knows her days of the week

to any mvc3 players
haggar/spencer/deadpool get at me
Word Zero/Sentinel/Dante

Wesker/Thor/Morrigan

TENDERIZER, HE LOVES ME INFERNOOOOOOOO!

Bad news is I'm sorry to say this Pit boards. I have dropped Pit completely now. Sorry guys. I just dont see me being a Pit main anymore. I've been busy playing other games I come back into brawl and my Pit cant even Buffer moves anymore. I feel like My Pit is trying to L cancel. Weird thing is I haven't played melee in over 3-4 months. That habit is just popping up of all of sudden. For the time being Im a Marth main. Sorry.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
that's cool man, just promise you'll keep postin here :) your a member of the pit community, whether you "main" him or not. and don't worry, you'll get used to pit again as you play marth tbh. i went through a similar phase once. in the end you'll be like, "oh i remember how to play as pit! now i don't have to deal with a meh recovery and no 'jectile!"

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'll be back. Just gotta get back into brawl. Mvc3 is just so fun.

True that.

I have Xbox 360 version but I play the Ps3 version when Im at college. Dont get online much. Which one do you guys have?

My team(s):

Amaterasu/Viewtiful Joe/Arthur - Team "Cloverdale"

Amaterasu/Chris/X-23 - Team "I See in Black and White"

I used to main the second team but I'm mixing it up a little. :) Team Cloverdale toogud at dodging **** because of being all midgits!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
*looks sadly and pathetically downwards* i haven't played it yet... i've watched matches and stuff but i don't even know/get what x-factor is when they talk about it on livestream or irl at sync's house

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
X-factor is just some silly super mode that you active on will. If you press all face buttons at once, you'll get a certain boost in speed and power, and none of your moves deteriorate. Chip damage is huge as well. Your x-factor's effects on your power and speed increase exponentially with each character you lose.

So activate it at the start of the match, it's not too good, and only lasts less than 5~10 seconds... Activate it with one character gone, you're good to go for a couple of loops and infinites and chip damage, and it lasts a little while longer. Activate it with only one character... Say hello BROKEN!

Certain characters benefit more from it than others. Wolverine with Berserker Charge and X-factor level 2 can infinite you with Beserker Slash.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol i barely have time to keep up with brawl with my life...let alone other games. I have so many games i want to play and beat but have other responsibilities. Once the fall comes i should be more apt to do so just cuz ill have more free time since i should have a full ride. P.S. im a metaknight main now :troll:

Well, IC's,wario,pikachu are all viable. Wario will be much more in depth than pikachu/lucario cuz those are gonna be quickies as its pretty straight forward. ICs was so well covered in the past that i might just do a *review* thread. Sorry i just see no need to go back and do mu done so well already. I'll probably legitimately do snake again but i don't see why. If all of you pit mains really want snake redone...*sigh* ill do it. Only cuz i love yall.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
so then if you're last character is dark phoenix and you use x-factor does your console explode?
No you have to activate x factor level 4, in order to do so you need to be a stick player. it can only be activated when you're on your last character. You must throw you stick out of the window. By doing so all of your characters are revived till the end of the match and if you land a hit on your opponent they die in two hits.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I don't like this thread when we're not talking about something super awesome.
Let's talk about something cool.

Like...
music and friendship.

PS wish me luck tomorrow guys. Maybe i'll do a match with pit.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm going to Next Level Lan.
It's a tourney in Orlando, FL (where i live)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298871

Look for me in the winners bracket.

Goal: top 8.

FL competition is so hard. We have the best ZSS, Pikachu, top 3 meta, some of the best snakes. that being, Esam, Nick Riddle, Red Halberd, Mampam, Seibrik, MVD, Ryo, Masky, Gallax.
It's so annoying playing with such good people, but i know i get good fast.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm going to Next Level Lan.
It's a tourney in Orlando, FL (where i live)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298871

Look for me in the winners bracket.

Goal: top 8.

FL competition is so hard. We have the best ZSS, Pikachu, top 3 meta, some of the best snakes. that being, Esam, Nick Riddle, Red Halberd, Mampam, Seibrik, MVD, Ryo, Masky, Gallax.
It's so annoying playing with such good people, but i know i get good fast.
Lol ya. I love the high level competition. It makes the the matches that much more hyped when you come close to/beat them :awesome:

I wonder when ESAM is gonna lose his winning streak.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Lol ya. I love the high level competition. It makes the the matches that much more hyped when you come close to/beat them :awesome:

I wonder when ESAM is gonna lose his winning streak.
Esam doesn't lose. Other players get lucky breaks.

Damn, thats what my 1500th post went to.
He better read this.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I have a tourney today. Not too big, just a local thing but wish me luck anyways

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Apparently I cant wim in a grand finals set because the first set exhausts me to the point where I nearly fall asleep while playing.
Ya you have to learn to maintain that focus without it affecting you mentally/physically. It's a big part of competitive anything really. Including smash.

Top Bottom