• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOTC Presents: RESURRECTION - MELEE! - North NJ - Mar 21, 2009! SSBM SF4 and MORE!

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
mmm, nvm, i'm def not coming to this

We are a gaming organization that embraces different games different cultures and many different types of people in a large way.

There will be HALO3, Gears Of War 2, Madden 09, Street Fighter IV, Call Of Duty Modern Warfare and Smash Melee. If you large crowds and intense game play bother you, it may be good for you to find an alternative.

Take a look at or gallery to get a sneak peek at what to expect.

http://www.njmaddenballers.com/gallery.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXcR_CzfLsU

skyheart

Smash Lord
We are a gaming organization that embraces different games different cultures and many different types of people in a large way.

There will be HALO3, Gears Of War 2, Madden 09, Street Fighter IV, Call Of Duty Modern Warfare and Smash Melee. If you large crowds and intense game play bother you, it may be good for you to find an alternative.

Take a look at or gallery to get a sneak peek at what to expect.

http://www.njmaddenballers.com/gallery.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXcR_CzfLsU
it's cool i understand what you guys are all about, but for me, i'd rather be in a convention where there's like at least 12 to 20 setups of melee, not just a few of this and a few of that

Havoc Zephyr

Smash Cadet
Eggm - i'm not sure how to get to this.

anyone know how to get there via NY public trans?

well you could try headin to NY-Penn >> Path to Hoboken Terminal . >> Pascack Valley Line to Essex St. then its a bit of a walk about 5-6 blocks south. id double check with a map to be certain where your goin heh

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
it's cool i understand what you guys are all about, but for me, i'd rather be in a convention where there's like at least 12 to 20 setups of melee, not just a few of this and a few of that
Good luck, perhaps you can come out in the future. We plan to have about 6-10 Smash setups depending on what individuals wish to bring. We will have 6 from the start and work from there.

We hope to see you in the future.

Take Care

N.OW

Smash Journeyman
This looks pretty cool. I will probably come. Can I play in melee singles and sf4 singles or is that not allowed/possible

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
A slightly edited cross post, since I only just discovered this topic which is much more active than the one in Atlantic North.

Hah. I'm in an interesting position with the whole parental consent forms since I'm 18, but have no ID proving it. I really need to get a regular state ID since I'm sure as heck not bringing a birth certificate... Guess I'll bring a parental consent form just in case, heh.

Now a few questions, since I've never been to an event that had tournies other than smash brothers:

1. Are all these events going to take place in the same room/area? Just wondering if it's possible people are gonna be playing Gears of War next to a smash brothers game. I doubt I'd mind, it'd just be different.

2. There will be time for friendlies during the tournament, right? Of course with the exception we'll get kicked off if a tournament match must be completed. From the posts here, it seems like all the smash setups will be open the entire day, but from your website I get the impression that the focus of the venue changes after each session. (On the site it's got smash in session 2 from 11:45 AM to 1:00 PM. At least that's how I interpret it). Some clarification on that would be cool. That's all stuff I really need to know since this is new ground, and it's a long trip. If I'll be in a car longer than I'm playing smash, (4ish hours total) I can't make it.

Actually, one last thing to be safe:
3. What time do you think you'll clear out the venue? 9PM? Later? Earlier?

Sorry for all the questions, but I gotta justify the trip out here by being confident I'll be able to play lots of smash.

Thanks in advance.

I wonder how many non-smashboards people will get in on the melee tourney. :)

Cia

das kwl
well you could try headin to NY-Penn >> Path to Hoboken Terminal . >> Pascack Valley Line to Essex St. then its a bit of a walk about 5-6 blocks south. id double check with a map to be certain where your goin heh
thanks!!

but just to be safe.. can anyone bring me to this?? otherwise, i can't go -_-

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
So I'm just gonna trust I'll be able to smash all day, even though my questions go unanswered. A almost guy completely new to tournaments is driving me, and he seems so completely psyched about it, that I doubt he'd care if he wasn't able to smash long. And since I'm not really the one driving, I'll just have to chill in the car.

I'll be there and I'll bring a gamecube/melee, maybe a TV (much less likely) barring some unforeseen circumstance. See you all there.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
A slightly edited cross post, since I only just discovered this topic which is much more active than the one in Atlantic North.

Hah. I'm in an interesting position with the whole parental consent forms since I'm 18, but have no ID proving it. I really need to get a regular state ID since I'm sure as heck not bringing a birth certificate... Guess I'll bring a parental consent form just in case, heh.

Now a few questions, since I've never been to an event that had tournies other than smash brothers:

1. Are all these events going to take place in the same room/area? Just wondering if it's possible people are gonna be playing Gears of War next to a smash brothers game. I doubt I'd mind, it'd just be different.

2. There will be time for friendlies during the tournament, right? Of course with the exception we'll get kicked off if a tournament match must be completed. From the posts here, it seems like all the smash setups will be open the entire day, but from your website I get the impression that the focus of the venue changes after each session. (On the site it's got smash in session 2 from 11:45 AM to 1:00 PM. At least that's how I interpret it). Some clarification on that would be cool. That's all stuff I really need to know since this is new ground, and it's a long trip. If I'll be in a car longer than I'm playing smash, (4ish hours total) I can't make it.

Actually, one last thing to be safe:
3. What time do you think you'll clear out the venue? 9PM? Later? Earlier?

Sorry for all the questions, but I gotta justify the trip out here by being confident I'll be able to play lots of smash.

Thanks in advance.

I wonder how many non-smashboards people will get in on the melee tourney. :)
while this is the first time iv ever ran a kotc tourney, idk if my answers will be exact, but anyway:

1. im not exactly sure, but each game sort of has its own section, so they shouldnt be too close, or with ppl on top of each others.

2. yes there will be friendlies. the tourney time on the njhalo site is more of an approximation. as it is, doubles will be before that which u should try to arrive around 10am for as noted in the first post (i understand its early and its possible that i wont even be there till 10 30 but i told the owner to make sure theres a smash setup or 2 already setup b4 i get there and organize stuff. if there isnt, tell em to set one up lol).

idk exactly how many friendlie setups we'll have, it all depends on number of entrants and amount of setups. the more ppl we have, the more setups we'l get. as brackets wind down, more friendlies will open. some sets will b taken away i would assume after the tourney, but il make sure we'l still have some for friendlies. il prob try to organize something like draft crews after singles so its something fun ppl can do, and it only requires one setup since its a snigle 1v1 at a time, and everyone else normally watches em instead of playing anyway.

3. while idk exactly when the venue is open till, i would estimate smash would be done sooner. the tourney will be over much sooner, but then drafts as i mentioned, friendlies, etc. im not sure what time im gonna aim for, maybe 7? unlike most tourneys this one starts earlier than most in exchange for leaving earlier.

Top Bottom