• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't sure how to translate 攻めた here, but in this context, it basically means trying too much to grab attentions. Overdoing, going to the extreme, crossing the line, that kind of sense. Literal translation would be, being aggressive.
I thought I edited "playing to the crowd" bit to "playing to certain crowds" after I made the post, but somehow Smashboards didn't save the revision. So that was my bad.
It would it very interesting if that’s how the final lineup was. Wonder if people would be happy about it - though it makes sense since the pass has a lot of Western representation already - especially if crash comes.

I also find it hard to believe someone knows the entirety of the pass as easy as that.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If she gets in, bet you people will start talking about how obvious she was the entire time much like how Sephiroth was supposedly obvious despite most people writing him off lol.
Honestly, if we end up getting KOS-MOS, I'm not quite sure how I'd react. I would probably just be super thrilled on the inside and gush about it with like... Dinah and a few other people, lmao
Never_thought_I'd_get_this_far.png

Everyone has their favorites obviously, so I'd rather just celebrate her possible inclusion as a fighter in solace if it ever comes to that point.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I wasn't sure how to translate 攻めた here, but in this context, it basically means trying too much to grab attentions. Overdoing, going to the extreme, crossing the line, that kind of sense. Literal translation would be, being aggressive.
I thought I edited "playing to the crowd" bit to "playing to certain crowds" after I made the post, but somehow Smashboards didn't save the revision. So that was my bad.
It SEEMS to me like he was implying the opposite: none of the characters in season 2 are fan favorites of smash speculation (other than crash but that's mostly from the western side) and thus that's why it would be "rough".

But eh, I wouldn't trust my mediocre Japanese with such an ambiguous line.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
It SEEMS to me like he was implying the opposite: none of the characters in season 2 are fan favorites of smash speculation (other than crash but that's mostly from the western side) and thus that's why it would be "rough".

But eh, I wouldn't trust my mediocre Japanese with such an ambiguous line.
I think you are getting it correct.
The phrase 攻めた is usually used in negative tone.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
welcome back! there's currently a leak with her yes but we are being cautious about it as we dont want a repeat of TGA last year. The leak happened after Steve's presentation where a anonymous user on 5chan responded to a thread asking for Sony reps. He said the following:

Not really Sony reps, but Sephiroth and Crash are coming.
The remainings are these two and Reimu from Touhou and KOSMOS from Xenosaga.
The lineup is trying way too hard to play to the crowd so it won't be pretty.
Unfortunately, there won't be any promotions from Mii costumes

And we know none of the mii costumes returning from smash wii U are getting character promotions. It happened with every mii so far and even Geno today. We are now under the impression that if Lloyd costume returns it can only return with KOS-MOS. That is IF this leak is correct of course.
Logically I think KOS-MOS would be a perfect reveal after Sephiroth to keep things on the down low before E3. Reimu and Crash seem like E3 material for a dual east-west appeal just like with Hero and Banjo in 2019

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Hey I just remembered. What about Voice theory? Sephiroth is only voiced by his JP actor like Cloud and despite him coming with a shirtless alt, I don't think he has any exclusive dialogue when he's using said alt. (Unless I'm missing an Easter egg line he only says to Cloud.) Voice theory is the only other piece of speculation I actually look into but for now it seems to still be in play. It could happen assuming KOS-MOS is coming and she has a T-elos alt which would be sick, but there are other candidates for voice theory. And no, I don't think were going to be lucky enough to get a T-elos echo fighter alongside KOS-MOS. that has never happened before with DLC. I see her as a potential alt which might include her Xenosaga 3 design, but that one is a little too risque if you ask me. They might just want to stick with her XC2 appearance which I'm totally down for because T-elos with glasses is poggers.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey I just remembered. What about Voice theory? Sephiroth is only voiced by his JP actor like Cloud and despite him coming with a shirtless alt, I don't think he has any exclusive dialogue when he's using said alt. (Unless I'm missing an Easter egg line he only says to Cloud.) Voice theory is the only other piece of speculation I actually look into but for now it seems to still be in play. It could happen assuming KOS-MOS is coming and she has a T-elos alt which would be sick, but there are other candidates for voice theory. And no, I don't think were going to be lucky enough to get a T-elos echo fighter alongside KOS-MOS. that has never happened before with DLC. I see her as a potential alt which might include her Xenosaga 3 design, but that one is a little too risque if you ask me. They might just want to stick with her XC2 appearance which I'm totally down for because T-elos with glasses is poggers.
If the 5ch rumor is true other possibilities are Crash with a Coco alt or Reimu with a Sanae or Marisa alt. For the Touhou characters they’d have to pick random Japanese VOs probably but they’d be different

im gunning for KOS-MOS w/Telos alt tho

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If the 5ch rumor is true other possibilities are Crash with a Coco alt or Reimu with a Sanae or Marisa alt. For the Touhou characters they’d have to pick random Japanese VOs probably but they’d be different

T-elos would absolutely be an alt. Also the VO theory? I might be behind on one or two things.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
T-elos would absolutely be an alt. Also the VO theory? I might be behind on one or two things.
After Steve and co were mute they found five voice test folders despite four remaining peeps in the pass. Sephiroth takes one of those folders

also I believe it was the same way post-Heroes in pass 1. Each Hero had a diff folder, Banjo had 1 and there were three folders despite two characters remaining. Turned out to be Terry, Male Byleth and Female Byleth

AugustusB

Smash Champion
After Steve and co were mute they found five voice test folders despite four remaining peeps in the pass. Sephiroth takes one of those folders

also I believe it was the same way post-Heroes in pass 1. Each Hero had a diff folder, Banjo had 1 and there were three folders despite two characters remaining. Turned out to be Terry, Male Byleth and Female Byleth
Ahhh I remember that now! Well that is an interesting thing to consider. I could see KOS-MOS with different lines as T-elos.

This 5chan leak is looking decent so far. R RetrogamerMax I would not bet on Crash making this more likely since Crash has been talked about for a long while.

Now if Reimu or KOS-MOS were next...its looking likely.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ahhh I remember that now! Well that is an interesting thing to consider. I could see KOS-MOS with different lines as T-elos.

This 5chan leak is looking decent so far. R RetrogamerMax I would not bet on Crash making this more likely since Crash has been talked about for a long while.

I agree. It would give the leak more credibility if Crash is next. But if KOS-MOS or Reimu is next than I could see it being real.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

KOS-MOS has a more robotic tone and personality while T-elos sounds convincingly human in her speech so yeah it’s perfect

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

Sanae or Marisa, or any 2hu for that matter, wouldn't work as Reimu alts since their abilities are really different; If Reimu comes, I imagine she'd be on her own. Now I still don't believe this leak myself, so speaking on KOS-MOS proper, if she were to come I think it wouldn't be that out there to have T-elos as an alt. Sure T-elos has her own moves, but in this case it'd work alright I think. That being said I would not mind if it was just KOS-MOS (especially since she has a lot of variants)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sanae or Marisa, or any 2hu for that matter, wouldn't work as Reimu alts since their abilities are really different; If Reimu comes, I imagine she'd be on her own. Now I still don't believe this leak myself, so speaking on KOS-MOS proper, if she were to come I think it wouldn't be that out there to have T-elos as an alt. Sure T-elos has her own moves, but in this case it'd work alright I think. That being said I would not mind if it was just KOS-MOS (especially since she has a lot of variants)
Also Fem Byleth has diff animations than Male Byleth, likewise Boy Inkling has a few different animations than Girl Inkling. Just give T-elos a few diff animations

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I'm just glad to see that this thread still has a pulse. I'd say that we're in good shape after yesterday! The precedent has remained that Smash 4 Mii costumes aren't getting upgrades for the DLC, and Lloyd's the only one from Namco who's still MIA. At this point, I'm more concerned with Namco just not getting a character at all on this pass.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If I recall back in the 4 days when Mii costumes could be dropped at any time, Lloyd was in a random pack after Cloud I think but Geno came with Cloud no if’s ands whys or buts

fast forward to today when Miis HAVE to be announced alongside fighters or as bonuses for purchasing a whole pass. Geno returned with Sephiroth cause they had Square-Enix in common. No Lloyd.

Lloyd’s from a Namco JRPG....so is KOS-MOS...

1608311622324.gif

FightingGhost73

Smash Cadet
It would be such an unexpected move for T-elos to be an echo fighter that comes with Kos-mos that it might be possible

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
I'm just glad to see that this thread still has a pulse. I'd say that we're in good shape after yesterday! The precedent has remained that Smash 4 Mii costumes aren't getting upgrades for the DLC, and Lloyd's the only one from Namco who's still MIA. At this point, I'm more concerned with Namco just not getting a character at all on this pass.
I concur :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It would be such an unexpected move for T-elos to be an echo fighter that comes with Kos-mos that it might be possible
Eh, I gave up the Echoes-in-pass dream ages ago. I doubt the hypothetical pass 3 if it happens will consist of Echoes either

I’ll be perfectly content with a T-elos alt tbh

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Honestly, since KOS-MOS Re is both Namco and Monolith based (they needed Namco's approval to revive her design for sure) I feel like KOS-MOS getting Xenosaga spirits is no problem now especially with FFVII spirits in the game now. They can just rip the original art from Xenosaga and that would be her spirit board. I used to be worried since she was kind of a "nintendo" character that they cannot use her original game spirits but now I feel like that's not true anymore. Furthermore, after seeing Northern Cave and how well it showed FFVII's final story scenes in the stage itself I feel like if KOS-MOS is a possibility her stage will be Abel's Ark 100% Hell, if Sakurai finds a way to make it look mysterious like the original game that would be really cool. It's odd but the presentation yesterday makes me feel more confident in her a little bit.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I don't buy that voice theory thing in the first place, but T-elos can absolutely work as a Kosmos skin. Why? Because that's pretty much what she is and honestly, her only real claim to fame. She's one of the most unremarkable antagonists in Xenosaga, doesn't have a whole lot of screentime and as far as I remember there's nothing she can do that Kosmos can't. She's basically a complement to Kosmos' character.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Honestly, since KOS-MOS Re is both Namco and Monolith based (they needed Namco's approval to revive her design for sure) I feel like KOS-MOS getting Xenosaga spirits is no problem now especially with FFVII spirits in the game now. They can just rip the original art from Xenosaga and that would be her spirit board. I used to be worried since she was kind of a "nintendo" character that they cannot use her original game spirits but now I feel like that's not true anymore. Furthermore, after seeing Northern Cave and how well it showed FFVII's final story scenes in the stage itself I feel like if KOS-MOS is a possibility her stage will be Abel's Ark 100% Hell, if Sakurai finds a way to make it look mysterious like the original game that would be really cool. It's odd but the presentation yesterday makes me feel more confident in her a little bit.
A millions time this! It has been a long time since I played that game, but Abel's Ark would be awesome! I am also think about the BIG moment from Xenosaga 3.

Where Shion awakens her power? It's been so long, but I vividly remember something happening with Shion at a hospital? And the whole place went crazy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh in an ideal world I’d also have liked Mecha-Fiora playable with KOS-MOS since she was Kossy’s partner in Project X Zone 2

first thing I’m doing if we get KOS-MOS is a snapshot of her, Ryu, Ken, Chrom and Lucina getting caught in Shulk’s FS cause that’s the only place Mecha-Fiora appears

“this wasn’t quite the reunion we were hoping for.”

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
A millions time this! It has been a long time since I played that game, but Abel's Ark would be awesome! I am also think about the BIG moment from Xenosaga 3.

Where Shion awakens her power? It's been so long, but I vividly remember something happening with Shion at a hospital? And the whole place went crazy.
You mean when kid Shion summons the Gnosis right? Yeah Abel's Ark does appear there.
The reason I think it would be cool is you could probably fight on it and then somehow maybe even go inside it like in Episode III.... now that would be awesome.
Tbh in an ideal world I’d also have liked Mecha-Fiora playable with KOS-MOS since she was Kossy’s partner in Project X Zone 2

first thing I’m doing if we get KOS-MOS is a snapshot of her, Ryu, Ken, Chrom and Lucina getting caught in Shulk’s FS cause that’s the only place Mecha-Fiora appears

“this wasn’t quite the reunion we were hoping for.”
Haha.... I love Fiora and KOS-MOS's section in Project X Zone 2 so much. Talking like they know each other a long time made me smile. Plus the whole blue and red eyes thing was the best touch

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You mean when kid Shion summons the Gnosis right? Yeah Abel's Ark does appear there.
The reason I think it would be cool is you could probably fight on it and then somehow maybe even go inside it like in Episode III.... now that would be awesome.

Haha.... I love Fiora and KOS-MOS's section in Project X Zone 2 so much. Talking like they know each other a long time made me smile. Plus the whole blue and red eyes thing was the best touch

I know one of the lead programmers left but if PXZ3 happened it would be heckin awesome

maybe throw in Joker while you’re at it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The more I think about the T-elos alt idea, I just realized Cloud has a diff FS for the AC alt now

so just give T-elos a diff FS from KOS-MOS. It’s totally possible now

in fact call me crazy but I low key think adding a new FS for Cloud’s AC alt in the Sephiroth update was to prepare for just that...

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Assuming KOS-MOS happens and Sakurai completely nerds out these would be my choices for songs.

I could nerd out some more and find more songs but i'd be really happy if we got these or even 5 of them. I had trouble taking a vocal theme because I love all of them so it was hard to pick 1.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given that there are at least 4 separate designs for KOS-MOS, which ones do you think the Sakurai design team would prioritize? I mean, T-elos only has Xenosaga 3 and Xenoblade 2 designs to work with, so it would be less of a hassle with her if she's included as an alt character alt

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Given that there are at least 4 separate designs for KOS-MOS, which ones do you think the Sakurai design team would prioritize? I mean, T-elos only has Xenosaga 3 and Xenoblade 2 designs to work with, so it would be less of a hassle with her if she's included as an alt character alt
T-elos could have different voice lines than KOS-MOS but the same moves too. Her Xenosaga 3 design is a little too risqué unless they tidy her up a bit

the Xenoblade 2 design is fine, just give her shorts under the skirt

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
No Erde Kaiser? smh tbh fam

Ohhhh yeah the Erde kaiser would have to be referenced in some way given that it is in all 3 games. I can't believe I forgot that but I guess it is because it is Shion's weapon haha. I could totally see it getting a spirit or song though! You're right that it would fit.

Her other versions would have to be version 1 and 4 which are her most popular appearances alongside Xenoblade 2. The archetype and Version 3 prototype have no chance... I mean they are the worst designs easily there and I'd rather Sakurai focus on her more iconic appearances. Version 2 might have a chance but Xenosaga II is also known as the worst in the series so who knows at this point. So to me it would be XB2 (KOS-MOS Re) as default and alts Version 1 and a slightly covered up v4.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ohhhh yeah the Erde kaiser would have to be referenced in some way given that it is in all 3 games. I can't believe I forgot that but I guess it is because it is Shion's weapon haha. I could totally see it getting a spirit or song though! You're right that it would fit.

Her other versions would have to be version 1 and 4 which are her most popular appearances alongside Xenoblade 2. The archetype and Version 3 prototype have no chance... I mean they are the worst designs easily there and I'd rather Sakurai focus on her more iconic appearances. Version 2 might have a chance but Xenosaga II is also known as the worst in the series so who knows at this point. So to me it would be XB2 (KOS-MOS Re) as default and alts Version 1 and a slightly covered up v4.
Sweet Jesus I hate how empty and doll like V2's stare is

would Official V3 (the one with bits of black) be ok tho? just cover the cleavage a tad?

I.D.

Smash Lord
Kosmos Re:
It is the easiest sell since it's a design co-owned by Nintendo.
It is her most modern design.
It is based on her original appearance.
It is a very appropriate design for representing Xeno in general due to being a Xenosaga character with a Xenoblade design that incorporates elements from Xenogears*

Also... it just happens to be the one I like most. I like version 2 a lot but it's bogged down by that game's awful artstyle.

*According to Kunihiko Tanaka, the color red was added to the design to make it look like Elly's Solaris uniform from Xenogears.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Imagine if we get Kos-Mos but no Xenosaga music, just more Xenoblade 2, 2Torna, X and Future Conected music lol.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Sweet Jesus I hate how empty and doll like V2's stare is

would Official V3 (the one with bits of black) be ok tho? just cover the cleavage a tad?
If they covered Mythra's spirit I dont see how V3 cannot get in as a alt. I guess I just dont see it happening because Xenosaga Episode III is about her iconic v4 I mean it is even on the cover in the game. V3 gets trashed by T-ELOS like at the beginning mid point of the game and KOS-MOS comes back as v4 later in the game in a very badass moment! So I think V3 is kinda temporary in a way.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imagine if we get Kos-Mos but no Xenosaga music, just more Xenoblade 2, 2Torna, X and Future Conected music lol.
doubt it. they'd count KOS-MOS as Xenosaga, the Xenoblade costume(s) could merely be in as a nice reference and that's it

costumes plural cuz T-elos XC2 design

Bandai Namco owns the KOS-MOS and T-elos XC2 designs anyway soooooooooo

Last edited:
Top Bottom