• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Troykv

Smash Master
Hopefully, it's not another Richter situation where his leaker got things right about his inclusion and mentioned characters like Gardevoir with Gothitelle as an echo fighter. Lots of people dismissed it for how off-the-wall the choices were, but he wasn't wrong about Richter's inclusion. It sucks when a leaker is right about something out of sheer luck but wrong about a bunch of other things, and even worse when a leaker is right about another game, and purposefully wrong about Smash stuff just to get a kick out of getting fans hopes up for nothing (looking at you, scummy DMCV leaker).

Welcome to the party, zferolie! Glad to have a mutual supporter for the cause!
Leaks are always fun for me, but in cases like this it gets annoying because it definitely paints a very bad picture of the leaker's words.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hopefully, it's not another Richter situation where his leaker got things right about his inclusion and mentioned characters like Gardevoir with Gothitelle as an echo fighter. Lots of people dismissed it for how off-the-wall the choices were, but he wasn't wrong about Richter's inclusion. It sucks when a leaker is right about something out of sheer luck but wrong about a bunch of other things, and even worse when a leaker is right about another game, and purposefully wrong about Smash stuff just to get a kick out of getting fans hopes up for nothing (looking at you, scummy DMCV leaker).

Welcome to the party, zferolie! Glad to have a mutual supporter for the cause!
Im still sad we never got Gardevoir and gothitelle as fighters. We need 3rd and 5th gen rep in this game.

And been meaningnto sign up for awhile just never have. Good to see others i know for other threads :)

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Back for my monthly checking of the thread

I do definitely think that KOS-MOS is much more likely than she was at the beginning of Ultimate's hype cycle leading into DLC. The Mii Costume theory does check out (though to be fair what could they have added besides Geno or the Hunter). Another thing that could potentially lend credence to KOS-MOS is colour theory, as they could either use a mint green to compliment her design (or reference the Aegis Core Crystal from XC2), or a goldish orange like the Zohar.
What if they make the background white, since the rainbow in reality is a separated light?

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
Hm, I'd say Orange makes more sense to complete the rainbow, with the white being used as an accent for the banner.

H3ra

Smash Rookie
Add me to the supporters list please! Right now I'd say KOS-MOS is in my top 3 for newcomers.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not sure if this has been shared here yet but:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
If it’s a trailer, it’ll probably be in a traditional direct or even a Robin/Lucina style random livestream. Which would make sense for KOS-MOS as she isn’t “big” enough to be shown at TGA unlike say, Lloyd Irving.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The Fighters Pass has been purely third party, sadly. But if the chance comes up then future DLC will get first parties.
Reason I said protagonist is because most of the time, the protagonist isn't a female or a villain. Honestly most of the time, I love co-protagonist and antagonist characters more than the protagonist in most cases.

D

Deleted member

Reason I said protagonist is because most of the time, the protagonist isn't a female or a villain. Honestly most of the time, I love co-protagonist and antagonist characters more than the protagonist in most cases.
And sometimes, relating with these characters feels a bit more interesting dwpending on how likable the protagonist is.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And sometimes, relating with these characters feels a bit more interesting dwpending on how likable the protagonist is.
Yep. I feel like most of the time, the protagonist is the most bland character out of the main cast in my eyes. I feel like most people don't try to play with the ball too hard with the protagonist's conspect if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yep. I feel like most of the time, the protagonist is the most bland character out of the main cast in my eyes. I feel like most people don't try to play the ball too hard with the protagonist's conspect if you know what I mean.
Probably the best example of this is the stereotypical shonen protagonist in anime; no wonder I started watching anime with female leads even more.

These kinds of protagonists are quite cliche to say the least. So much you root for the side characters or even the villains. And sometimes, said villain is even more interesting than the hero.

All that aside, yeah, one of the reasons I want a female final DLC character is to break the mold. Why do I want KOS-MOS? Because of her design and story.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Probably the best example of this is the stereotypical shonen protagonist in anime; no wonder I started watching anime with female leads even more.

These kinds of protagonists are quite cliche to say the least. So much you root for the side characters or even the villains. And sometimes, said villain is even more interesting than the hero.

All that aside, yeah, one of the reasons I want a female final DLC character is to break the mold. Why do I want KOS-MOS? Because of her design and story.
Exactly. Goku, Luffy, and Naruto are pretty much the same in a lot of areas:

- They love too eat a lot.

- They love fighting.

- They are all kind of comedic and not that serious.

- They always go way out of their way to help a friend or someone in need.

I can go on, but yeah, that's a Shonen protagonist for you.

Troykv

Smash Master
The protagonist is typically designed to be likeable for general audiences without having to dig too deeply into their motivations beyond surface level.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
At least Terry is cool.

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
So, being bored today, I was looking at the Trademark info for Also Sprach Zarathustra again, and i noticed something in the statements section that struck me. Under good and services it lists a bunch of stuff involving games, and one of them mentions "Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices." I dont know too much about how trademarking works at all, but for somone who does, would this, along with the other stuff listed in good and services, just be generalizations, or be specific for the trademarks actual and intended use?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So, being bored today, I was looking at the Trademark info for Also Sprach Zarathustra again, and i noticed something in the statements section that struck me. Under good and services it lists a bunch of stuff involving games, and one of them mentions "Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices." I dont know too much about how trademarking works at all, but for somone who does, would this, along with the other stuff listed in good and services, just be generalizations, or be specific for the trademarks actual and intended use?
If anyone is curious, here is the link detailing the trademark info.
https://trademarks.justia.com/878/70/also-sprach-87870944.html

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It’s entirely possible they are going to call it the Zarathustra collection or edition then?
I'd assume so. Either that, or they go for a straight-up remake of the series. Monolith Soft did a lot of outsourcing for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 apparently. If everyone here had the option of updating Xenosaga while keeping most story elements intact, would any of you want an alternative take to its battle system, or are the classic turn-based elements enough of a selling point?

Here's a non-hardcore opinion: Platinum style hack'n'slash, but the plot is ultimately directed by Tetsuya.

D

Deleted member

I'd assume so. Either that, or they go for a straight-up remake of the series. Monolith Soft did a lot of outsourcing for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 apparently. If everyone here had the option of updating Xenosaga while keeping most story elements intact, would any of you want an alternative take to its battle system, or are the classic turn-based elements enough of a selling point?

Here's a non-hardcore opinion: Platinum style hack'n'slash, but the plot is ultimately directed by Tetsuya.
At best, it'll probably be an updated retelling of the story.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

I guess it’s possible and Takahashi definitely said he misses his older games in the interviews with Harada. I guess he did say Nintendo is forceful with making Xenoblade cause it prints money but maybe that’s why Harada is here to help. There’s no way Harada would green light this without Takahashi on the project. Best case scenario is that they both convince Nintendo to give it a chance and who knows maybe it means KOS-MOS comes to smash.

D

Deleted member

. Best case scenario is that they both convince Nintendo to give it a chance and who knows maybe it means KOS-MOS comes to smash.
I mean, they could use Smash as the platform for promotion.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I guess it’s possible and Takahashi definitely said he misses his older games in the interviews with Harada. I guess he did say Nintendo is forceful with making Xenoblade cause it prints money but maybe that’s why Harada is here to help. There’s no way Harada would green light this without Takahashi on the project. Best case scenario is that they both convince Nintendo to give it a chance and who knows maybe it means KOS-MOS comes to smash.
And we already know that her newest scale figure is in display alongside other Nintendo figures. Assuming that was arranged entirely by its employees, it's fair to assume that Nintendo sees potential behind the character at the least. Now it's just a matter of whether or not they think she is able to carry a game in this day and age.

D

Deleted member

And we already know that her newest scale figure is in display alongside other Nintendo figures. Assuming that was arranged entirely by its employees, it's fair to assume that Nintendo sees potential behind the character at the least. Now it's just a matter of whether or not they think she is able to carry a game in this day and age.
Wait, where was it presented? I need to know!

But in all fairness people have been slowly warming up to her ever since her Xenoblade 2 appearance.

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
Add me to the support list, KOS-MOS is one of my most wanted characters, I remember playing Xenosaga 1, 2, and 3 and remembering how much I love the series, KOS-MOS was one of the three characters I always used, lol

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Wait, where was it presented? I need to know!

But in all fairness people have been slowly warming up to her ever since her Xenoblade 2 appearance.
vvv

There she is guys! Finally painted <3

also she's in the Nintendo booth so smash confirmed obviously

:p
Sadly, they've been removed, but when Dinah posted the images at the time, she did indeed show up along with other Nintendo figures. Suspiciously, I can't seem to find the original photos of the booth, but take my word for it.

Add me to the support list, KOS-MOS is one of my most wanted characters, I remember playing Xenosaga 1, 2, and 3 and remembering how much I love the series, KOS-MOS was one of the three characters I always used, lol
Welcome aboard, Destiny! Hopefully we don't crash and burn like the Woglinde, lmao.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

vvv

Sadly, they've been removed, but when Dinah posted the images at the time, she did indeed show up along with other Nintendo figures. Suspiciously, I can't seem to find the original photos of the booth, but take my word for it.

Welcome aboard, Destiny! Hopefully we don't crash and burn like the Woglinde, lmao.
*sweats in trust and prayer*

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Having Kosmos in will probably help Nintendo bring in Rex and Mythra/Pyra for dlc.
vvv

Oh ****! She is the next fighter!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Having Kosmos in will probably help Nintendo bring in Rex and Mythra/Pyra for dlc.

Oh ****! She is the next fighter!
That's kind of my hunch around this. After the first Fighters Pass ends, there will be a free DLC character a la Plant to start up the next season. I'm leaning towards Geno just to make the fanbase shut up, but honestly Rex feels to complex to design for a free character.

Don't...jump...to conclusions. That's just a good sign, but the stars do lie.

D

Deleted member

So many people jopping on the train. Yeah, jopping is a word now, just ask SuperM.

Slow and steady wins the race...

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Funny enough I was first introduced to KOS-MOS back in 2010 from a awesome Mugen fighter called Card Saga Wars and since then I always dreamed that she could make it into Smash Bros one day.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Seriously, just what is going on here? We haven't had this much traction in a while! The Reimu support thread has been getting new recruits. Would any of you per chance come from there as well? Birds of a feather maybe? Dear lord...

Pretty soon we'll hit 20 pages on here. Looking back at the beginning, I feel like we've come far somehow. Granted, I'm just a newbie still, but it feels like I've been in the ride since the start of it all. Here's to hoping you guys stick around even if things don't pan out. A small community like this needs a strong group of followers!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Funny enough I was first introduced to KOS-MOS back in 2010 from a awesome Mugen fighter called Card Saga Wars and since then I always dreamed that she could make it into Smash Bros one day.
I just wished they had finished this game.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Since I have Vergeben's gamefaqs profile bookmarked I can indeed confirm he said that those fighters of Doom Guy, Geno, Ryu Hyabusa, and Scorpion aren't happening.

That said, this apparently happened:

That said, doesn't have to be fighter 5 specifically but could be preparations done for someone in the future, since as Verge confirmed: /discussion/ about Ryu was what leaked, though he isn't fighter 5, so... maybe expect Mr. Ninja there next Fighter Pass. That said uh... this comment is probably not KOS-MOS, though if I had to say anyone from the Xeno-series... probably Rex with Pyra/Mythra (despite the Mii Costume, my hope for that is lower than Square treating Xenogears well at all) and whoever else he brings like Roc give my boi Roc some love and screentime. That said, I feel like this is probably a fighter for future DLC and not Fighter #5 due to that youtube thing.

That said, this datamine information may also be wrong since I haven't heard about it at all besides this screencap a friend who wants Rex a lot showed me.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I really appreciate all the supporters. Just know that if you dont see yourself on the support list it means i'm not home to update it. However, it is fully updated now! Let's reach 100 shall we?

vvv

Hmmmm indeed they have and even my backups dont seem to be working... cant find it on wonder festival's site also.

But anyway..... just to get some speculation going... someone on 4chan is claiming KOS-MOS and Xenosaga HD will be revealed at the Game awards

They also specifically mention that they know of two characters in the next pass but dont know who they are... just being worked on. Honestly, it could be fake but also a very possible scenario. Two seems very specific to mention. Sounds a bit like cat leak if you ask me.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/485133047

As always.... take it with a grain of salt!

Top Bottom