• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
With the annoucment of more DLC fighters I think the possibility for her to be included is not that bad.
If she turns out to be the 5th fighter in the first season, I'm gonna lose my mind.

A Tales rep would be cool too. Personally I don't really want a tekken rep, but it could happen.

Anyway, I hope we get more info soon.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Do you think we’ll get xenosaga games on the switch?
Yeah, I really do. Takahashi already mentioned in his interview with Harada that he misses his old games and Nintendo is kind of forceful with Xenoblade. However, since Harada wants to greenlight Xenosaga by doing something with the IP then I can see it for sure. KOS-MOS getting into smash would absolutely help but even if she isn't... there's the trademark floating around last year for episode III which got redone. Other than that... it's pretty much a waiting game until Namco announces it. Also, Harada wouldn't do it without Monolith Soft's help i'm sure.

Last edited:

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I really do. Takahashi already mentioned in his interview with Harada that he misses his old games and Nintendo is kind of forceful with Xenoblade. However, since Harada wants to greenlight Xenosaga by doing something with the IP then I can see it for sure. KOS-MOS getting into smash would absolutely help but even if she isn't... there's the trademark floating around last year for episode III which got redone. Other than that... it's pretty much a waiting game until Namco announces it. Also, Harada wouldn't do it without Monolith Soft's help i'm sure.
I like the idea of a Xenosaga remake, but if Monolith worked on it now I’m sure Nintendo would want it to be a console exclusive for the Switch. I’m not against the idea, but it just seems weird since it was originally on PS2.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if this was posted yet, but I found artwork of KOS MOS. Her design is visually appealling to me for a human character, so that's a point for me supporting the idea of her being in.

EAA_G8TUYAAF4_H.jpeg

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
Hey! I have seen the new terry trailer and I have noticed two things that may be of interest to us

(I am Spanish excuse my English in advance)

First put the minute 5:30
Special attention to when sakurai prioritizes fun versus popularity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK3VltKv3JI

sadly every time I talk about KOSMOS on the internet the following comments that precede it are: "Who?"

This reinforces the idea that KOSMOS can enter thanks to its potential as a fighter even recognized by it, despite the little known it is globally (minor problem that is solved once it appears in the game as it has happened with terry that now it is more popular)

Okey second point,

in the 35th minute, when Pacman appear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK3VltKv3JI (Same video)

Sakurai acknowledges having a close relationship (as it is obvious since he works in his offices) with Bandai Namco, and treats Pacman as "his character" This reinforces the idea that Sakurai wants to place Kosmos as another Bandai character who can also consider an icon within her company because she is very dear, and at the same time offer it as a tribute and gift as I commented in a previous post

Even with the recent leaks of the mii head of the cacodemon I still think that KOSMOS is going to close this pass of fighters

Greetings

https://i.imgur.com/u3HzELF.jpg

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey! I have seen the new terry trailer and I have noticed two things that may be of interest to us

(I am Spanish excuse my English in advance)

First put the minute 5:30
Special attention to when sakurai prioritizes fun versus popularity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK3VltKv3JI

sadly every time I talk about KOSMOS on the internet the following comments that precede it are: "Who?"

This reinforces the idea that KOSMOS can enter thanks to its potential as a fighter even recognized by it, despite the little known it is globally (minor problem that is solved once it appears in the game as it has happened with terry that now it is more popular)

Okey second point,

in the 35th minute, when Pacman appear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK3VltKv3JI (Same video)

Sakurai acknowledges having a close relationship (as it is obvious since he works in his offices) with Bandai Namco, and treats Pacman as "his character" This reinforces the idea that Sakurai wants to place Kosmos as another Bandai character who can also consider an icon within her company because she is very dear, and at the same time offer it as a tribute and gift as I commented in a previous post

Even with the recent leaks of the mii head of the cacodemon I still think that KOSMOS is going to close this pass of fighters

Greetings

https://i.imgur.com/u3HzELF.jpg
Also, Heihachi’s costume didn’t return even though Akira and Jacky’s did. I think Heihachi, Lloyd, and Gil’s costumes will return with KOS-MOS, with some new Namco costumes too like Klonoa or a God Eater character

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Okay, why in the hell am I not getting notifications for this thread when I follow it? I missed 4 pages worth of content in the last week for Reimu's support thread, and now it's happening here? The ****, Smashboards?

Anywho, I'm so glad Terry's presentation didn't introduce any Mii Fighter content beyond the pack that comes with Terry's release. In fact, I had fun watching Terry's gameplay. Lots of neat stuff was shown, the music amount is absolutely absurd, and you can tell Sakurai genuinely enjoyed adding in as many references possible. Good on him and SNK!

I was worried Sakurai would devote 5-10 minutes of content about "Honorable Mentions" for Fighters that couldn't make it. Now only one thing concerns me, and it's the lack of Heihachi's Mii: Yes, I know he's in Pac-Man's taunt now, but why exclude his costume at all?
cautiously_optimistic.jpg

Then again, they removed X's and .EXE's Mii outfits, but it's not like they're gonna be playable at any point sooo...

Also, Heihachi’s costume didn’t return even though Akira and Jacky’s did. I think Heihachi, Lloyd, and Gil’s costumes will return with KOS-MOS, with some new Namco costumes too like Klonoa or a God Eater character
Ronin_Crushed_Hopes.jpg

Last edited:

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet

I totally agree and I am sorry for the fans of Lloyd and Tekken,

I think that heihachi cannot be well adapted to smash for his combat system, in addition to the fact that as they have presented Terry,
he feels that he is not going to see more fighters for fighting games (I say it because of its arcade mode when ryu, ken and terry appear).

As for lloyd .. The Tales of Saga has had many more protagonists such as Yuri, Sorey or Ludger. Neither is it as if he represented only his entire entire saga (luminary syndrome)

I feel as if Lloyd had gained more popularity because it was once he has a Mii suit but right now having Joker and Hero as great representatives of the JRPG with Cloud is not that his inclusion makes much sense because it has some popularity. As you say, the most likely is the inclusion of KOSMOS as a good representative of Namco and within its Mii set if this is Heihachi and LLoyd

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I think that heihachi cannot be well adapted to smash for his combat system, in addition to the fact that as they have presented Terry,
he feels that he is not going to see more fighters for fighting games
(I say it because of its arcade mode when ryu, ken and terry appear).
I'll be honest here, I disagree with this sentiment, if only because I'd really like to see an Arcsys rep in the future, like Sol Badguy or Ragna the Bloodedge. They've got legacy and music going for 'em (more so for Sol, but Blazblue has done its share of greatness). If nothing else, I'd love to see Arcsys in Smash before any other fighting game they might think of adding next, but that's just me.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
@Bolderousness Lmao! l love your signature lol!

But yeah, it's down to KOS-MOS and Lloyd for the Namco-Bandai rep. I still think Lloyd is more likely, but do I ever hope it's KOS-MOS or a Soul Calibur rep like Yoshimitsu or Nightmare instead.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Not sure if this was posted yet, but I found artwork of KOS MOS. Her design is visually appealling to me for a human character, so that's a point for me supporting the idea of her being in.

View attachment 245079
Allow me to Red Pill you on the sort of stuff she can do in Smash:
And I know what you're thinking... If they can include Bayo stripping for her Final Smash, they sure as hell can censor D-TENERITAS. Or just not include that move at all and use X-BUSTER instead.

D

Deleted member

What will be your mission in life after Geno get's in my good man?
Literally nothing is left for me to want in Ultimate. I already got :ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ulthero:, Bomberman's an assist, Hat Kid and Mike Tyson are never happening, and comments imply Rex is deconfirmed. I'm pretty much along for the ride now.

D

Deleted member

Allow me to Red Pill you on the sort of stuff she can do in Smash:
And I know what you're thinking... If they can include Bayo stripping for her Final Smash, they sure as hell can censor D-TENERITAS. Or just not include that move at all and use X-BUSTER instead.
The stripping is weird (without context at least), but the whole moveset reminds me of Aegis from Persona 4 Arena with a bit of insane mecha weaponry. I would be fine having her over Rex anf Pyra at this point.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Literally nothing is left for me to want in Ultimate. I already got :ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ulthero:, Bomberman's an assist, Hat Kid and Mike Tyson are never happening, and comments imply Rex is deconfirmed. I'm pretty much along for the ride now.
There is a bunch of characters I would love to see get in Smash someday, but Goemon is the only BIG one left for me. Ultimate already gave me 3 out of my 5 most wanted :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie:. Goemon got in as a Mii costume, but I hope that is a sign he will have a chance for the next Smash.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
The stripping is weird (without context at least), but the whole moveset reminds me of Aegis from Persona 4 Arena with a bit of insane mecha weaponry. I would be fine having her over Rex anf Pyra at this point.
Well, no need to worry about them ever using D- Teneritas in smash. X buster is a FAR MORE iconic move of her's because it has appeared in other games and Fiora's Final cross is nearly the same.

D

Deleted member

There is a bunch of characters I would love to see get in Smash someday, but Goemon is the only BIG one left for me. Ultimate already gave me 3 out of my 5 most wanted :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie:. Goemon got in as a Mii costume, but I hope that is a sign he will have a chance for the next Smash.
I'm not even sure if Smash 6 would even be worth following if they made cuts to a lot of the new additions, even if they added Bomberman. I'm just along for the ride at this point.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Proposal: Modify KOS-MOS' chest area so that it doesn't tear when using D-TENERITAS and present it more like a chest beam like it's somewhat inspired by, and angle the camera so that it a ray of light is shown over her chest to imply that she's firing something you don't want to get hit by as opposed to an excuse in getting to see her boob window.

But like Dinah said, X-BUSTER is far more iconic. In fact...

D

Deleted member

Proposal: Modify KOS-MOS' chest area so that it doesn't tear when using D-TENERITAS and present it more like a chest beam like it's somewhat inspired by, and angle the camera so that it a ray of light is shown over her chest to imply that she's firing something you don't want to get hit by as opposed to an excuse in getting to see her boob window.

But like Dinah said, X-BUSTER is far more iconic. In fact...
Yeah I don't see design being an issue.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't see design being an issue.
It's probably worth noting that her cameo in Xenoblade 2 removes D-TENERITAS altogether. They kept it on T-elos, and she returned with a modest update. Literally the only concern is the chest area focus, which is easy to alleviate without outright excluding her.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I hope a female character breaks the barrier. So far the fan base seems to think (in general) that the rest of the line up will only be guys.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
“WHETHER THE CHARACTER IS FUN TO PLAY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHETHER THE CHARACTER IS NEW OR OLD OR RECOGNIZABLE TO EVERYONE"

- Sakurai

This quote definitely helps KOS-MOS' chances since Xenosaga despite how much KOS-MOS appears and has cameos and references across Namco Bandai games and what not... she isn't exactly who people in this modern day think of when you said "Xeno" as in the Xeno-series of games. That goes more towards Shulk and Rex.

But with this, as long as she could be fun to play as... she could get in despite how knowledgeable the public is about her.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
“WHETHER THE CHARACTER IS FUN TO PLAY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHETHER THE CHARACTER IS NEW OR OLD OR RECOGNIZABLE TO EVERYONE"

- Sakurai

This quote definitely helps KOS-MOS' chances since Xenosaga despite how much KOS-MOS appears and has cameos and references across Namco Bandai games and what not... she isn't exactly who people in this modern day think of when you said "Xeno" as in the Xeno-series of games. That goes more towards Shulk and Rex.

But with this, as long as she could be fun to play as... she could get in despite how knowledgeable the public is about her.
Didn’t Sakurai also say something about Namco only having one character so far?

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I don't recall, someone would have to look throughout the direct to see if he did. Thankfully it's already uploaded in full so it shouldn't be a hard thing to do.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I would love it if she got in, but in my opinion Yuri, and Heihachi have higher a chance. I never thought Lloyd had much of a shot at least compared to Yuri.

Either way if any of the above, but especially KOS-MOS or Yuri make it in, I would be very happy.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
He said something like "When I talk to Namco I always call pac man Bamco's character and then Namco says OH YEAH OUR CHARACTER. Then he says "I have to remind Namco that pac man is their character" pretty much alluding to the fact Namco has no character dlc. Tease for #5 is very possible. Sakurai loves leaving hints. Also, the fact you hear people laughing when he said that really tells me it is a tease.

Also I did some... research. That Reimu leak said she was going to get tons of songs in the game and Terry JUST GOT 50 right? I dont believe the Reimu leak but it lends a bit of credibility to the cat leak that suggests Hayabusa was moved to post pass, and KOS-MOS being dlc #5 because Reimu is in that leak also. It feels like getting that many songs is very believable now.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
He said something like "When I talk to Namco I always call pac man Bamco's character and then Namco says OH YEAH OUR CHARACTER. Then he says "I have to remind Namco that pac man is their character" pretty much alluding to the fact Namco has no character dlc. Tease for #5 is very possible. Sakurai loves leaving hints. Also, the fact you hear people laughing when he said that really tells me it is a tease.

Also I did some... research. That Reimu leak said she was going to get tons of songs in the game and Terry JUST GOT 50 right? I dont believe the Reimu leak but it lends a bit of credibility to the cat leak that suggests Hayabusa was moved to post pass, and KOS-MOS being dlc #5 because Reimu is in that leak also. It feels like getting that many songs is very believable now.
I still think that leak is made by a big dumb faker who tried piggybacking on the first drunken cat image. Last time I checked to see what was new about that leak, a bunch of anons followed suite to make fun of it. That being said, if it turns out the leaker was real and not a bull****ter, then that means we get KOS-MOS and Reimu, for both "fun-factor" and "music"!

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
Then he says "I have to remind Namco that pac man is their character" pretty much alluding to the fact Namco has no character dlc. Tease for #5 is very possible. Sakurai loves leaving hints. Also, the fact you hear people laughing when he said that really tells me it is a tease.

Exactly, it is what I have been thinking about all afternoon, it is as if it were a clue that he has given us for all of us and those who ask Harada for a Remake for xenosaga (I am sure it will end up happening)

As you say, those who are next to him should be Namco workers, and maybe that guilty laugh betrays the fact that they know something that we don't yet :)

D

Deleted member

Exactly, it is what I have been thinking about all afternoon, it is as if it were a clue that he has given us for all of us and those who ask Harada for a Remake for xenosaga (I am sure it will end up happening)

As you say, those who are next to him should be Namco workers, and maybe that guilty laugh betrays the fact that they know something that we don't yet :)
I can really feel it..

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788

I'd love it if people now go around saying Pac-Man is "Namco's character." XD

And the fact that their is more reasons KOS-MOS can get in is more great, since how fun they are is more important than popularity itself.

Troykv

Smash Master
I can accept some little compromises, the outfit isn't a big issue.

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
Now that I think about it, the fact that Mai is not in smash because she is very suggestive is not negative in KOS-MOS,
In fact it is the other way around because it would make a little sense of the existence of KOS-MOS Re;
First as a symbol of the rebirth of the character himself as well as of a future saga, and Second to adapt it to current times censoring it a bit but keeping it as a pretty and powerful woman

Even T-elos received a little censorship very much like Mythra when they did her own revision with lingerie through an update.
Do not you think the good communication that there is from Namco to Monolith soft through these changes? that is to say, I understand that in Smash Mythra was censored, but what need was there to make canon lingerie within Xenoblade 2 by means of a patch?

Again, Even within smash they took the trouble to create new art just so that Mythra appeared as a spirit, when they could perfectly have left her out of the game like Mai.

I put myself in the place of Namco creatives and they had to think about the following:
"Guys, KOS-MOS will be the last DLC, we have to create a new image, it will be our pet for the new future of the Xeno franchise, Xenoblade 1 and 2 will lay the foundations of the multiverse we are going to create.
We have Resources this time we just need to gain in popularity so Smash will provide it to us and we need to redesign KOSMOS so that it adapts well in the next titles we develop. "

By the way I have a higher degree in marketing, and I have seen this in characters from other franchises I will give you an example: Ryu Hayabusa, was redesigned for his new trilogy Hack and Slash.

I doubt that they have taken so much trouble to create these designs so that they appeared in a game like playable cameo, even if it were only that way it would be more logical to preserve their current design by nostalgia and fanservice.

For things like that and the fact that Rex is in a suit being a first party element in a pass that is full of third party characters
or the absence of any spirit of Xenosaga which makes me think that KOSMOS will definitely be the next.

https://i.redd.it/rzh0iolqwlu31.jpg

Top Bottom