• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kojima plays Smash Bros. Brawl, says game feels very complete

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
the game will be finished by the end of the year but since nintendo is still waiting to release most wi-fi games till 08 we may have to wait.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Nah Nintendo released a list last week and on that list it states that Smash Bros Brawl will come out 2007, as well as Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3

http://www.nintendic.com/news/445

Im sure that anything on this list is subject to change but it's still something from the President of Nintendo so it's somewhat good
I really am hoping it's true, although I will be on gamer overload if Mario Galaxy's, Brawl and Prime get released close to each other.

Although Brawl will take priority.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Nah Nintendo released a list last week and on that list it states that Smash Bros Brawl will come out 2007, as well as Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3

http://www.nintendic.com/news/445

Im sure that anything on this list is subject to change but it's still something from the President of Nintendo so it's somewhat good
Maybe, but that list is incomplete, so it's definitely subject to change. Every time I see a release list I look for Fire Emblem, because that will definitely be released this year. And yet...FE isn't on that list. So who knows what will happen. Although I'm sure the latest they'll release Brawl is the Holidays.

The Director

Smash Lord
I really am hoping it's true, although I will be on gamer overload if Mario Galaxy's, Brawl and Prime get released close to each other.

Although Brawl will take priority.
They'll release all three by month.

Galaxy in October, MP3 in November and Brawl in December.

Once again the gaming industry shoves all of it's big games down the holiday's throat. :(

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Since Kojima & Skaurai have played a match, there's already a playable demo in existence.
Well, sure. There's been a playable demo since about a month into development. But there's a huge difference between an internal demo and one you can publish and show on a trade show as the first playable exposure of your game. If it's buggy or rough around the edges in any way, they have to hide that when they show it at E3. Otherwise, reports come in saying the game isn't looking too good, it's not very polished, etc. Hiding this stuff takes a LOT of work. And if the fixes are only temporary, it's development time completely wasted after E3 has come and gone.

I'm sure Sakurai just told Kojima, a game developer himself, "just forgive the rough edges and the bugs you see here and there", and I'm sure Kojima understood completely.

I highly, highly doubt the version Kojima played would be even remotely acceptable on a trade show floor, especially as a first impression!

EDIT - Do you really think Nintendo will release three of their biggest named games in 3 consecutive months, and then be more or less completely dry for the first half of 2008? And let their own games compete against each other for profits? Nintendo will release each of these games no sooner than three months apart. It's just not smart business sense to do it any other way. And that's one of the main reasons (aside from Brawl requiring a lot more development time) that I predict we won't see Brawl until 2008.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Brawl will probably be released during the Holiday season. THat way it gets a lot of copies out fast that it may not have sold otherwise. Metroid should probably come two or three months before it. And then Galaxies a little before metroid. That puts Galaxies around a July release. This is a very optimistic approach but, that's how I feel it will happen.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, but that list is incomplete, so it's definitely subject to change. Every time I see a release list I look for Fire Emblem, because that will definitely be released this year. And yet...FE isn't on that list. So who knows what will happen. Although I'm sure the latest they'll release Brawl is the Holidays.
It's a Japanese list, that's why Fire Emblem is nowhere to be found on it--Fire Emblem was already released in Japan.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I hope for the game to be released as soon as possible. But of course only when it is truly complete. It's not Kojima that's developing the game, it's Sakurai and he might have way other thoughts on how complete Brawl is to date.

The Director

Smash Lord
I highly, highly doubt the version Kojima played would be even remotely acceptable on a trade show floor, especially as a first impression!
I think it was the opposite of that. I think the game was finally ready for a playable run by somebody who isn't on the development team. Sakurai said in his November update that Brawl isn't playable yet, and it will be a little while longer before it is.

I still suspect E3 will have a playable version for all to enjoy.

EDIT - Do you really think Nintendo will release three of their biggest named games in 3 consecutive months, and then be more or less completely dry for the first half of 2008? And let their own games compete against each other for profits? Nintendo will release each of these games no sooner than three months apart. It's just not smart business sense to do it any other way. And that's one of the main reasons (aside from Brawl requiring a lot more development time) that I predict we won't see Brawl until 2008.
You seriously underestimate the power of the holiday season, and the past history of too many games being released over the same three month period.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I think it was the opposite of that. I think the game was finally ready for a playable run by somebody who isn't on the development team. Sakurai said in his November update that Brawl isn't playable yet, and it will be a little while longer before it is.

I still suspect E3 will have a playable version for all to enjoy.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, of course. I'll disagree with you here, though. There's no way that version would be showable to, say, IGN for a piece on Brawl. The game isn't ready to be shown. I do agree that there will be an E3 playable demo, though, but that much work needs to be done on the game before a demo of that importance is completed. I hate to keep bringing it up, but actually going through the development cycle for a game before helps me make this educated guess.

You seriously underestimate the power of the holiday season, and the past history of too many games being released over the same three month period.
I think you seriously overestimate Nintendo, the king of delays and taking time to perfect games. Never once has Nintendo released a flagship title on time, and never once have they released two big-name releases within 2 months of each other. That's like using up all your energy at the start of a marathon. Nintendo knows the importance of spacing these titles; they will all be million sellers regardless of time released.

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
The king of delays = starcraft ghost LOL
Infil is right you dont want to release all your good **** during the same time period because then certain people can't buy it all, but hes also wrong because it doesnt affect sales directly because people will just go back and buy the games 1 by 1.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The king of delays = starcraft ghost LOL
No, that title goes to Duke Nukem Forever. Starcraft ghost at least got officially canceled. Duke's still in development, 10 years on. It's expected that the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse will apear to buy a copy when it's actually released.

Rakuen

Smash Apprentice
No, that title goes to Duke Nukem Forever. Starcraft ghost at least got officially canceled. Duke's still in development, 10 years on. It's expected that the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse will apear to buy a copy when it's actually released.
No, they wouldn't want to affirm that the release of Duke Nukem Forever is a Sign of the Apocalypse.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
It's sad that something a guy who isn't on the main development team (although he is developing a stage) saying something as ludicrously ambiguous as "feels very complete" is considered so newsworthy that a thread about it has reached 10 pages long.

When will they (the actual Nintendo people, not a third party!) finally give us some REAL news? :(

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
It's sad that something a guy who isn't on the main development team (although he is developing a stage) saying something as ludicrously ambiguous as "feels very complete" is considered so newsworthy that a thread about it has reached 10 pages long.

When will they (the actual Nintendo people, not a third party!) finally give us some REAL news? :(
please, this IS news!! Nintendo was able to let outsiders see their game in action for the first time. this is a step closer to releasing the game and assures us that developement is underway and running smoothly. stop hating mofo!!...peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom