• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOing with Shiek

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Shiek is great for racking up damage with combos but sometimes i have trouble finishing em off

so what do u guys think are the best ways to KO??
I think Usmash is best, especially if while running...I've also realized Up B can be useful too but its harder to land. And Fsmash works well if opponent is near side
Of course there is Zelda too...

Anyone have some good KO strategies?

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
isn't this like... the bajillionth thread like this? XD well... anyways welcome to the forums
ankoku posted this info a while ago i think multiple times.... check out his sheik info thread, its stickied. etc etc

1 Usmash Tipper: ~135% (straight upward)
2 Vanish: ~153% (60 degrees from horizontal)
3 Usmash Side: ~154% (45 degrees sideways)
4 Nair (Strong Hit): ~159% (30-40 degrees from horizontal)
5 Uair (Strong Hit): ~176% (70 degrees from horizontal)
6 Dsmash: ~178% (40 degrees from horizontal)
7 Fsmash (Second Hit): ~183% (45 degrees from horizontal)
8 Bair (Strong Hit): ~184% (40 degrees from horizontal)
9 Utilt: ~197% (70 degrees from horizontal)
10 Fair: ~201% (20 degrees from horizontal)
11 Dash: ~215% (60 degrees from horizontal)
12 Dair: ~220% (80 degrees from horizontal)
13 Dtilt: ~252% (80 degrees from horizontal)
14 Uair (Weak Hit): ~280% (60 degrees from horizontal)
15 Bair (Weak Hit): ~289% (40 degrees from horizontal)
16 Ftilt: ~299% (straight upward)

ankoku states that these are tested on mario

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Like you said, most of Sheik's moves are hard to KO with.

It seems to me that Sheik's moves are mostly horizontal-knockback orientated. I think it's good to know this to adapt your playstyle. i.e. with Sheik I find it easier to just knock them off the side of the stage, and then use my edge-guarding game to prevent recovery, whereas with Zelda I try to spike or u-air, u-smash or u-tilt.

So, to sum up, its more strategy with her than specific moves. Edgeguarding is the way to go.

Again, this is just imo.

psike

Smash Apprentice
I definitely have to go with Sinking and say that you need to play the ledge and hit up some nairs and bairs. All of the smash attacks are just to predictable and easy to dodge if you are playing against someone good. Occasionally if I'm playing someone who is really offensive I'll fake a charge, fall back and then charge my downsmash until they are just about to connect- but that only works if your priority is higher than the attackers.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have no problem KOing with sheik anymore. The way I do it is: Ignore KOing and keep using dammaging moves until your opponent is off the edge and then edge guard them. Either that or I wait for an oppening and hit with a tipper Up Smash which usually kills at about 90-95%

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
hmm thats what i was afraid of...guess i have to step up my cheap game :p
or switch to Zelda

maybe this weakness is why i like her so much becuz she is challenging to master

Tristan_win

Not dead.
hmm thats what i was afraid of...guess i have to step up my cheap game :p
or switch to Zelda

maybe this weakness is why i like her so much becuz she is challenging to master
Ahh, cheapness I use to not like using it as well, it's also why I didn't like Drephen for a very long time.

In time though you will learn that cheapness = goodness

and that and no one in the higher level of play will ever say something is "cheap" as a negative.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It takes a while to find that level of sophistication. maybe the players who are left in a open tournament after two rounds of elimination or something.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Like you said Jackie obviously Up smash and UpB... the vanish guard is very effective when mastered ( i like to think i have mastered it). But for me the key when playing as sheik is to save the smashes for KO purposes. Me personally i don't dish out smash attacks that much anyways, and when i do, i expect it to kill. Although the strength and knockback of smash attacks dwindle over more frequent use they do not increase for period of times while in reserve. So besides the other attacks that can "KO" all smash attacks at considerable % can kill. You should try and refrain less on smash attacks and try saving them for KO purposes only, if that may seem like the problem. But really keep it simple with sheik. The game was made to prevent an opponent from reaching the stage, so try and do just that. Edgeguarding is basically one of the best ways to KO.

Top Bottom