• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knowing the position of the YS cloud: a lil guide by AustinP

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Smashfox, why didn't you give us the link to the smashwiki page? :( I want to visit it.. but I'm too lazy to go find it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^^ Thank-you for being amazing. /goes to page

<3 smashboards and all it's amazing people and topics

gnosis

Smash Lord
I know this thread is semi-dead, but I gotta say, using this knowledge to land on 'Randall' just as he comes out with a would-be suicide Falcon/Ganon over-b, is pretty **** sexy.

Thank you for giving me this 'trick'!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm not 100% on this, but i've been told that the creature thing that wanders in the background move between the trees when the cloud is in the stage, and when it goes behind say, the left tree, the cloud will appear on the left. When Randall goes back into the stage, the thing moves from the left tree to the right tree. Upon reaching the right tree, Randall reappears on the right.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm not 100% on this, but i've been told that the creature thing that wanders in the background move between the trees when the cloud is in the stage, and when it goes behind say, the left tree, the cloud will appear on the left. When Randall goes back into the stage, the thing moves from the left tree to the right tree. Upon reaching the right tree, Randall reappears on the right.
That creature is a pakederm, and after a short while on the stage, it reverses. It is just barely desynced.

Last edited:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Randall's been ****ing with me nowadays. Whenever I try and get on the edge with Sheik, he always interferes and makes me miss or let the opponent hit me. He's been very mean to me. :(

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
No clouded hopes....RAAAANDAAALLL!!!

*bump* this thread is too good
Incidentally, there's been some concern over at the SmashWiki page for Randall the Cloud, that the name is not valid and that said article shouldn't exist at all. While I recognize that it may not be globally acknowledged as the cloud's proper name, not very many people believe me when I say that it really has spread across a variety of regional smash communities in North America.

So, if you would, kindly show your support for Randall the Cloud and vote to keep the article as a relic of the SSBM competitive community and their enthusiasm for our smiling buddy at Yoshi's Story. :cool:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
While I recognize that it may not be globally acknowledged as the cloud's proper name, not very many people believe me when I say that it really has spread across a variety of regional smash communities in North America.
its true, everyone in the chicago area calls it randall because i read this thread back in the day and introduced it at one of my smashfests.

I love how your sig decrying bad posts ends with a preposition.

- Captain R.D. Obvious
rofl @ truth.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This. Is. RAAANDAAAAALLL!

I just needed to say that.

Kudos to AustinP.

okiyama

Smash Ace
There is a match I saw a while ago where Ken thoroughly abuses the cloud.

Also Poke Stadium changes once every minute then stays for aminute then goes back to original.

Stratford

Smash Champion
Randall is an ugly *** name. It's the Ken Cloud. This is not up for debate.

(Flying Nimbus is also acceptable)

I'd rather die than be saved by a cloud named Randall....

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Randall is an ugly *** name. It's the Ken Cloud. This is not up for debate.

(Flying Nimbus is also acceptable)

I'd rather die than be saved by a cloud named Randall....
uh, no. It's Randall, and that's not up for debate.
Ken already has a combo named after him, he doesn't need an additional cloud.
Besides, it's easier to shout out RANDALLLL YOU TRAITOROUS ****
than it is to curse someone's cloud.

Dajayman

His name is Randall, that is his name. How would you guys like it if someone was like "Hey, your name isn't good enough. How about I change it into this?"

SleepyK

Yeah, really. Randall's name is Randall.
I hate my name (John) because it's both common and lots of lame jokes abound with "no johns", but it's my name.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
this thread deserves bump. legit information and the origins of randall the cloud.

plus john johning about johns is 2gud

Top Bottom