• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Know Your Moves: Ice Climbers

Smash YouTuber, Relax Alax has released his newest installment in the Know Your Moves series. Seeing how it's winter, @RelaxAlax decided to cover the lovable Ice Climbers. Many fans have been upset with their removal from Smash for Wii U and 3DS. Relax Alax covers the inspiration behind their moveset, comparing it to the original NES classic. The video has been embedded below.

Have an interesting experience with the Ice Climbers? Let us know in the comments below!

PushDustIn wishes the Ice Climbers were in Smash for Wii U/3DS. You can send him your favorite Ice Climber fan art on Twitter.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

No, when a new Smash game is made Nintendo needs to cut characters from the other Smash game other wise the game will just become a repetitive recycled game over and over again.

Remember that this is Smash so this is Nintendo's opportunity to reveal characters that aren't really that much popular (I bet Fire Emblem is more popular than before). And to make my long detailed post short (because this conversation won't lead anywhere) Melee is the second Smash game (so I know Nintendo would add the ten characters in total Smash-64 and add new characters in Melee common sense).

Ice Climbers are not made to be a game like that no way (there would be whining about nerf Nana or whatever) and so Nintendo was smart to leave those characters out (keep some authenticity in Brawl). Also you'll still play the game whether you're upset or not so what did Nintendo lose, nothing. So why complain welcome to life where nothing is handed down by just being a young indivdual. Thanks.
You say this as if adding new characters and bringing back veterans are mutually exclusive, when in fact that is not the case. Smash 4 did that very thing (for the most part), and especially with the NX, it'll be easier (since Smash 4 is more modern and easier to port characters from; or they could even use Smash 4's engine as a base for making the next Smash game, bringing the roster with it).

I'm pretty confident they'll be back for Smash 5. Ice Climbers and Wolf are pretty much the new Mewtwo and Roy, characters that people really stuck with even when they were cut and with the 3DS' limitations being like 90% of the reason they were cut anyways and Sakurai seeming to express real regret of not being able to get them to work, I have a hard time believing that they'll be gone forever.

You say this as if adding new characters and bringing back veterans are mutually exclusive, when in fact that is not the case. Smash 4 did that very thing (for the most part), and especially with the NX, it'll be easier (since Smash 4 is more modern and easier to port characters from; or they could even use Smash 4's engine as a base for making the next Smash game, bringing the roster with it).
I sure as heck hope not they don't stick with this new Smash game feel.

I too miss the Ice Climbers, but just one thing...

"Where ever they go next, Popo and Nana will be right there beside each other"

Didn't they data mine Super Mario Maker to find a Popo sprite, but no Nana? Seems like you're going to be disappointed.

Exactly. The issues with the Ice Climbers in the past were due to oversights of the game developers. This idea some people have that Smash is better without the Ice Climbers because it is impossible to have them in the game without any infinites/chain grabs is both ridiculous and false.
Even then, ice climbers in melee have infinites and they aren't broken, I heard the only reason they are broken in brawl is because the stages that favor MK are the same stages that are bad for icies, and since those stages are usually banned icies shine pretty much everywhere.

Top Bottom