• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KMDP's Smash Ultimate Supporter Count (Updated: August 13th)

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Woo-hoo! John Raimi (Geist) has a pretty okay showing!

Nice work--that's a lot of dedication, KMDP.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You forgot the ARMS characters, unless a poll doesn't count and it needs to be a dedicated support list.
As I said, a couple of characters may have slipped through the cracks here and there (as an example, I almost missed Crash), I may have missed the ARMS character board.

Also, if all the ARMS characters come under one board they'd all be conflated into one "ARMS Character" slot like the Hyrule Champions did (Mipha has her own board, but all the other three were on one board so I decided it was worth Mipha being 'absorbed' into their supports; mostly because there was a lot of overlap anyway).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hahaha, yes.
My support thread is less than 24 hours old and the only supporter isn't me!
Mwahahaha, top 300 here I come.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
1st Place (708+ Supporters)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)2nd Place (374 Supporters)
Isaac (Golden Sun)3rd Place (219 Supporters)
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)4th Place (202 Supporters)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)5th Place (151 Supporters)
(Captain) Toad (Super Mario)6th Place (138 Supporters)
Ashley (Wario)Joint 7th (117 Supporters)
Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade)Lip (Panel de Pon)Joint 9th (115 Supporters)
Decidueye (Pokémon)Crash Bandicoot11th Place (100 Supporters)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)12th Place (97 Supporters)
Bomberman13th Place (89 Supporters)
Rayman
Not counting confirmed and deconfirmed characters. Skull Kid has skyrocketed to 8th place and sits at 77 supporters with more constantly coming.

Of course I have no idea what number all the other characters have risen to so eh.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not counting confirmed and deconfirmed characters. Skull Kid has skyrocketed to 8th place and sits at 77 supporters with more constantly coming.

Of course I have no idea what number all the other characters have risen to so eh.
Thank you! I'll be doing a new count soon, it'll save me a lot of trouble if people come forward with the character counts for me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Looking through this list kind of feels like it hits home how much less active the community seems to be in terms of newcomer support for Ultimate compared to the Smash 4 day's (At least here on Smashboards). Seeing as how only roughly about 10 characters managed to reach 100 supporters (Let alone 200+) when even Layton managed to get 102 supporters during the Smash 4 day's. He is now currently at about 34 (Which I may either have missed, or you forgot to include him)

I guess It's part due Smash Ultimate already including most of the heavy hitters and people being overall satisfied with the roster as well as the relative increase of popularity of social media sites such as Twitter that most people prefer to support their favourites in those kind of places rather than on web forums such as here.

But still, It's an interesting thing to note eitherway. Nice job.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Based off the length of Banjo’s thread, he must have shot up to top ten
Does Banjo have an updated supporter's list?
Looking through this list kind of feels like it hits home how much less active the community seems to be in terms of newcomer support for Ultimate compared to the Smash 4 day's (At least here on Smashboards). Seeing as how only roughly about 10 characters managed to reach 100 supporters (Let alone 200+) when even Layton managed to get 102 supporters during the Smash 4 day's. He is now currently at about 34 (Which I may either have missed, or you forgot to include him)

I guess It's part due Smash Ultimate already including most of the heavy hitters and people being overall satisfied with the roster as well as the relative increase of popularity of social media sites such as Twitter that most people prefer to support their favourites in those kind of places rather than on web forums such as here.

But still, It's an interesting thing to note eitherway. Nice job.
Well, don't forget that not only did Smash 4 have a much longer hype cycle, it also includes Supporters all the way to the very end.

Also, thanks for giving me Layton's support count, I either missed him the first time or Layton's list moved pages while I was hunting (I almost missed Crash until I thought "Hey, it's weird Crash doesn't have a Support List" and search for it manually).

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wait... Can I update Elma's support list using previous Elma threads?
Yes. Like I said before, Old Supporters aren't exactly going to stop. :laugh:

Isaac and K. Rool's lists included old supports (by necessity, K. Rool's Smash 4 Support List was beyond huge and doesn't exist for Ultimate, and True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior started right where they left off when collecting Isaac's supporters).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Does Banjo have an updated supporter's list?

Well, don't forget that not only did Smash 4 have a much longer hype cycle, it also includes Supporters all the way to the very end.

Also, thanks for giving me Layton's support count, I either missed him the first time or Layton's list moved pages while I was hunting (I almost missed Crash until I thought "Hey, it's weird Crash doesn't have a Support List" and search for it manually).
Yeah that's true too.

And no problem.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Disappointing to see Shantae so low, but I like how recently our thread moderator has decided to put together an active supporter list (maybe in response to this?).

KMDP

Smash Legend
Disappointing to see Shantae so low, but I like how recently our thread moderator has decided to put together an active supporter list (maybe in response to this?).
Well, the Support Lists were counted last month, Shantae probably rose slightly since (though others probably also did)

I finally changed the name to reflect it's actual meaning, when I'm done with this month's count, I'll change it again.

Actually, I should probably add a "Now Counting Supporters" to the title as well. :laugh:

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Oh, god. Thanks! I went to the Isaac thread and saw there was 10 new pages since before the Direct. XD
Yeah ever since King K.Rool got confirmed we got a major boost in activity and there was this long discussion about the Dark Dawn website being updated :joyful:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yes. Like I said before, Old Supporters aren't exactly going to stop. :laugh:

Isaac and K. Rool's lists included old supports (by necessity, K. Rool's Smash 4 Support List was beyond huge and doesn't exist for Ultimate, and True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior started right where they left off when collecting Isaac's supporters).
Oh, should I then I update my new supporters list with all the missing old ones from the Smash 4 day's so it becomes easier for you to manage?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, should I then I update my new supporters list with all the missing old ones from the Smash 4 day's so it becomes easier for you to manage?
If you want to.

The more people who help me with this, the quicker it gets done. :grin:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Andy's thread is roughly at 75 supporters now.

Of course your previous count didn't have me included there lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Andy's thread is roughly at 75 supporters now.

Of course your previous count didn't have me included there lol.
Yeah, I often found myself forgetting the OP in the lists. Sorry about that. :laugh:

Thanks for the update!

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If you want to.

The more people who help me with this, the quicker it gets done. :grin:
Sure thing, just updated the Layton supporters list with all the supporters from the Smash Wii U/3DS speculation day's. We're currently at 124 now.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Looks like Banjo is up to 153 supporters. Not sure if that includes the wave of Kutthroats we’ve been bombarded with post the Smash Direct

KMDP

Smash Legend
Looks like Banjo is up to 153 supporters. Not sure if that includes the wave of Kutthroats we’ve been bombarded with post the Smash Direct
Thanks.

Oh boy, Banjo has skyrocketed. He had 13 Supporters before, now he's got 140 more. What has K. Rool done?

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Looks like the OP of the Banjo thread updated the list this morning on the first post of our thread

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, by the way. Can people let me know if there are new Support Threads that aren't on the list? It would be a big help.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, by the way. Can people let me know if there are new Support Threads that aren't on the list? It would be a big help.
better check out my chibi-robo and toad threads i updated both support lists recently

KMDP

Smash Legend
better check out my chibi-robo and toad threads i updated both support lists recently
Already checked out Toad! If he still has 154 Supporters, he's in 5th Place.

I'll check out Chibi Robo, though.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I know my Billy Hatcher thread went up to 7/9 supporters and I added a Sliver the Hedgehog thread.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I know my Billy Hatcher thread went up to 7/9 supporters and I added a Sliver the Hedgehog thread.
Oh! Thanks.

How many supporters does Silver have? And is Billy Hatcher 7 or 9 (you count yourself, btw).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I cannot seem to find the SMT one on the chart. If you've yet to add it, we currently sit at 11 members.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I cannot seem to find the SMT one on the chart. If you've yet to add it, we currently sit at 11 members.
Yeah, if I remember right you made the SMT protag thread after the initial count was posted and I wasn't updating it.

Would you like them listed as "Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist" or a specific character like "Kazuya"?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, if I remember right you made the SMT protag thread after the initial count was posted and I wasn't updating it.

Would you like them listed as "Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist" or a specific character like "Kazuya"?
Ah, just do Kazuya.
"Shin Megami Tensei protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei)" is a mouthful.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ah, just do Kazuya.
"Shin Megami Tensei protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei)" is a mouthful.
Will do. :laugh:
---
I'd appreciate it if someone counted Sora and Geno's supporters for me so I can have a specific count; not expecting anything, though.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The Skull Kid list is constantly growing, and gained 5 more supporters last night alone.

But I've included a number system, so you can just pop your head in and see the final tally yourself when counting comes time

Top Bottom