• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirk's Everything Ike Guide **New** Update: New Wifi Matches Added

Kirk

Smash Champion
yea i loved everyone of this i asked for his permission to put them in my guide of ike
What an honor! :p Sure that's fine by me.

And thanks to everyone for the positive responses :D

Right now I'm starting some more 1v1s...hopefully they will be up to snuff...

P.S. His fully charged Forward Smash also kills below 50% (23%).

Also a note on Erupution:

The eruption fully charged (all the way to the end where he hurts himself) actually has less knockback than what I like to call the 'flash' eruption. A moment before the full charge, Ike flashes a orange/red color. If you release it there, the damage will be about 3% less, but the knockback upwards is far greater than if it were fully charged. He kills at 10% at this time, rather than 31% fully charged (on mario).

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I think Roy's flare blade had the same property as eruption, where releasing it just before fully charged was more powerful.

Thanks for taking the time to make these videos! What combos have you found for Ike? I saw you do N-air, then AAA, and I also saw Aether after up-throw.

Try doing D-tilt, then Up-tilt, followed by an aerial or aether. It looks like it could work.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
sweet me too, ill look fotward to it...:)

@ kirk added ur vidz
thxs for ur permission
it has its own section

Kirk

Smash Champion
@ kirk added ur vidz
thxs for ur permission
it has its own section
Thanks man I appreciate it :D

almost finished with the session of 1v1s for today...should have some wolf, link, sonic, olimar, and toon link vids...maybe more depending on how long I play hehe...

But it still is sad to say...Ike is still destroying them lol...so far my friends are still not at my skill...there are still close matches but most of the time its 2-stock+ win... (Not trying to say I'm the best EVER or anything...just stating my situation)

And also, feel free to share any ideas you might have about videos Ike related...I'd be happy to make some if I can :D

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
You make Ike look better than whats been said about him so far.
Im glad this game still has the whole "it depends on the skill of the person, not the character" theme around it.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
You make Ike look better than whats been said about him so far.
Im glad this game still has the whole "it depends on the skill of the person, not the character" theme around it.
Melee Never had that. Brawl just seems more balanced.

Amazing videos. I can tell I'm going to enjoy Ike a lot. Should be quite a transition From Kirby and Marth, though. I got a chance to play and I learned some of the techniques you demonstrated in that one video accidentally. Namely the Grand viper and the Reverse Aerial Rush.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Just finished with a 1v1 session.

Should have Ike vs. Wolf, Link, Olimar, Sonic, Toon Link, Metaknight, and Snake vids sometime tomorrow.

But for now...study time! :/

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
Do another one on Great Sea, my favorite stage :p
So visually Entertaining. Also, when I get brawl (at the americain release date :\) ill add you to my friends list, ill be using Ike aswell :p

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
Really good videos :)
Any chance of seeing stuff on 75m? Unless you don't have that level yet.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
dang i really hope they find new advanced techs n **** for brawl cause right now it isn't looking so appealing

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see the Grand Viper in other people's Ike reportoire.
Good stuff man, hope to play you on wifi soon.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
The lag is about half a second from east coast to mid-US. For someone like Ike, that presents a pretty big problem considering how important spacing is, but you MUST RECOVER.

It takes time to adjust to, that's all.

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
I have a question. When playing against players who use faster characters, is it hard to time an attack? Or does it just rely on Ike's huge a** sword.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I have a question. When playing against players who use faster characters, is it hard to time an attack? Or does it just rely on Ike's huge a** sword.
It can be difficult at times. It's all about spacing and timing. Pressure your opponent by rushing with Quick Draws or other less laggy attacks like the Ground AAA or the Nair. I sometimes find myself doing repeated Quick Draws in different directions to get my bearings and also to confuse my opponent. Hope that helps ^^

Kirk

Smash Champion
WTH O.O

at 2:25 on the Toon Link Battle #1 you used an Uptilt while moving...BACKWARDS!
Haha I see what you mean there.

That's because of the 'shockwave' so to speak of Toon Link's Dair. If it misses, it pushes things back away from it. Since I was doing Up tilt during that time, it made me move backwards during the attack.

Betaz

Smash Ace
ahhh ok i see now...

btw luigi's mansion looks like it's going to be a fun level...it just seems so epic that while your fighting with Ike your destroying the stage with your power XD

Top Bottom