• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Best Move

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
In your opinion, what is Kirby's best move? I think it's his swallow move. But only sometimes, like when he swallows Charizard or Meta Knight. And not when he swallows Squirtle or Lucas. So what do you think?:roll:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Swallow certainly is good, but you have to use it unpredictably or people will just hit you.

He has no "best" move, they all have their own situations. I kinda like his Dash attack though, I think it's highly underrated.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
dash attaack is way underrated.

i think the best move is bair. it fits into a lot of situations and can be the best move for approaching

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I would've said it, but I knew someone else would if they took this thread seriously ^_^

Bair is useful almost always. Great for combos, great for approaching, great for retreating, great for edgeguarding, great for koing. There's just nothing bad about it. I try to not use it TOO much though :D

Neogen

Smash Rookie
The kick of justice! (f-smash). Well it's his best smash anyway. Great strength and range. I use it too much though so it becomes the rusty kick of justice.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
I hate Kirby's fsmash so much. It reaches far and lasts super long and can kill at pretty low percentages. So yeah, I'd say that's his best move. :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I hate Kirby's fsmash so much. It reaches far and lasts super long and can kill at pretty low percentages. So yeah, I'd say that's his best move. :D
Yeah, it is extremely good, but if it gets blocked, prepare to be punished most of the time. Well spaced Bairs won't have that problem if you have good di

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
yeah if you use bair too much then it gets stale and wont ko. but if it is fresh then koing is good.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
rock...
what? its bypasses some final smashes :)
... which no one uses...

I actually use it as a ko'ing alt against people below me when in air, sometimes I rock twice in air to ground for trickery >=D

Its good if you can tell the opponent is gonna try gimp you above stage in mid-air lol

faytmaker

Smash Rookie
No way...the best Kirby move ever is without a doubt...

...The copy of Captain Falcon's Punch (2nd only to the copy of DK's Punch)

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
sometimes if someone is below the stage i use rock for an edgeguard and it will stage spike. and i love doing rock right on the edge so that if someone touches you you get pushed off and they take damage. i have had that ko before too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
sometimes if someone is below the stage i use rock for an edgeguard and it will stage spike. and i love doing rock right on the edge so that if someone touches you you get pushed off and they take damage. i have had that ko before too.
I didn't know about that a while back. I was playing a friendly meta knight, and he did his forward tilt towards me, pushing me off. It damaged him, but I fell off and died before I could react. This is dangerous to do on wifi anyway o_O

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
I think all of kirbys moves are pretty useful, i just wanted to point out that Kirbys Final Cutter is really good for approaching and tripping up enemies that like to dodge all of the time, however the move that i find to be the most unuseful is kirbys Copy Beam attack (spit attack) because the enemy can wiggle out too fast if they're not severely damaged and it doesn't travel far enough for me.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Random outer lopper here.
Personally, Dair is by far my favorite move of kirbys. Its something lucario doesnt have (among other things), a spike.
Best move?, naw.
Fun as hell, Yes.

Its all about dtaunt as best move.
-t2

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
Nothing is more insulting and exciting than a connected Ground-SideB.
If not that, then at least his *DownUpDownUpDown* <Kills at a High percentage (of volume)

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
dash attack is fun AND effective
and Bair is kind of awesome ^_^
i miss his fireball dash...it was cool.
swallow is the best move kirby has. it makes him who he is.
and sorry, i saw this thread on the front page and just randomly decided to post in it lol

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
Fireball dash was soooo bad IMO <<;
If by favorite you mean used the most then probabily BAir
But my favorite by preference I would have to say Inhale and Hammer. Inhale was always a favorite of mine and the new Hammer is just amazing.

Crazy Hobo

Smash Cadet
Kirby has so many awesome moves, hard to choose. Downthrow I guess. Racks up damage and leads into combos.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Swallow.

And don't call Water Gun bad, it's good against Charizard :D

xXGenoCideXx

Smash Rookie
I personally say the dash hand spin the others arnt to great for me but that one is amazing for when i need to pick up an item in a sticky situation or generally slowing the other player before rock drop or hammering its a versitile attack :D

Top Bottom