• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's 1.10 Buffs

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'm just bad, but I'm having trouble connecting the uair after fthrow on Sheik at 0% and when I do I can't get the utilt follow up. Can anyone help me out?

Last edited:

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Man. It's really hard to do. I was getting frustrated over it. Are you able to do it all the time?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
It took me almost an hour to get it down, it was SUPER frustrating. To do it consistently, I hold the stick forward after initiating forward throw, and curve it downwards once Kirby slams the opponent, then C-Stick an U-Air.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to try it later then. The visualization of your movement should help a lot.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Made a list of how many times you can dair in an fthrow chain from 0% on each character. To be more specific, 1 time means you can do Fthrow -> Dair -> Fthrow -> not Dair, 2 times means you can do Fthrow ->, Dair ->, Fthrow -> Dair, -> Fthrow -> not Dair, ect.

3 Dairs (44%-47%)
:4mario: :4bowser: :4bowserjr: :4wario: :4dk: :4diddy: :4link: :4sheik: :4ganondorf: :4zss: :4pit: :4palutena: :4myfriends: :4robinm: :4dedede: :4metaknight: :4littlemac: :4fox: :4falco: :4pikachu: :4charizard: :4lucario: :4duckhunt: :4rob: :4falcon: :4drmario: :4darkpit: :4shulk: :4megaman: :4mewtwo: :4feroy: :4ryu:

2 Dairs (34%-37%)
:4marth: :4lucina: :4sonic:

1 Dair (24%-27%)
:4luigi: :4yoshi: :rosalina: :4gaw: :4zelda: :4tlink: :4samus: :4greninja: :4ness: :4villager: :4olimar: :4wiifit: :4pacman: :4lucas:

0 Dairs (14%-17%)
:4peach: :4kirby: :4jigglypuff:

7 Dairs (?!?!)
:4shulk: (Buster Ability)
Wow you really picked this apart man. Props to you

FirstaLasto

Smash Cadet
Wow you really picked this apart man. Props to you
I should probably point out that I have nobody to help me test things, so if the Run AI doesn't DI away, then this list is only accurate for no DI. Still useful, I suppose.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
So is fthrow > dair actually confirmed? I can't seem to get it to register as a combo on the combo counter.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
For example, against Sheik, here's a combo Kirby can now do:

F-Throw > D-Air x3 > Pummel x2 > F-Throw > Needle Storm (fully charged) > U-Air > D-Air > U-Tilt (Sourspot) > U-Air > Upper Cutter, dealing 90% in total.

F-Throw > D-Air x3 > U-Tilt (Sourspot) > U-Air > Footstool > Grounding Stone > Arc Thunder > Footstool > Grounding Stone > Pummel x3 > U-Throw, dealing around 103%

F-Throw > D-Air x2 > F-Throw > U-Air > U-Tilt (Sourspot) > Footstool > Grounding Stone > Slightly Charged Shield Breaker, dealing around 60% and potentially killing.

Pummel > F-Throw > D-Air x2 > F-Throw > U-Air > U-Tilt (Sourspot) > Inhale Jump > Mach Tornado, dealing around 62%.
Just tried these and the only one I can do is the Sheik one. Can you explain the others a bit?
For example, how do I get the footstool after the uair in the Robin combo? I can't seem to be a way that it would be possible. Also how do I get a UTilt after the UAir in the Metaknight combo? Thanks.

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877
When I say hes luigi, im not just specifically talking about grabs. Im more so talking about simple gameplan design where you can play a character with like 4 moves.
bruh... kirby needs more than 4 moves

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im with Triple R, Fthrow > Dair in my head shouldn't work more than once against anyone who knows what DI means. Training mode combos are busted anyway, Dtilt > Hammer is a true combo in training mode lmao.

Last edited:

Caelifera

Smash Rookie
Creating a video soon on Kirby combos, and I need ya'll help on gathering all the combos we know so I can record them and create the video. I have some already there, add anything I missed.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14wH8niNSdzctmGnQBg34d8CF4ysGw6g7V8pQPsp3tbE/edit?usp=sharing

Also can someone tell me if this is actually a combo or not? I'm not the best at perfect pivoting, so I can't do it consistently.
dtilt (trip) > PP utilt
If it is true, then after you can get whatever you can usually get from a utilt (upB3, for instance, so it could be a kill setup). Thanks!
There's something I got to work only once on Sheik from 0%, and no matter how hard I tried i couldn't get it to combo again. Here it is, maybe you could get it to work?

Fthrow > D-air (push hard towards the player so they land behind you) > Utilt x5 > Fair > Upper Cutter.

I bolded the Utilts because this is the extremely tricky part of the combo, and its the reason I couldn't pull it off again. Each Utilt has a specific timing so that the person doesn't get launched with the sweetspot, but also so that they won't get hit too far away for the next one to connect. In the end the combo should do around 60%, but I'm still not sure, and it might not even be applicable since your inputs have to be so insanely precise.

I'm going to see what I can do with Mario, maybe he'll get combo'd similarly to Sheik?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I was fighting with @ raizur raizur last night, and I have a question regarding this one combo he pulled off on me. Okay, so I believe he used Kirby's improved F-throw, and then D-air into a grab, and kept doing that until he got maybe 40-50%. I was aware that Kirby could grab after the D-air, but I have to ask: When's the best time to pull this combo? Raizur managed to pull it off when I was probably at 0%.

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
I was fighting with @ raizur raizur last night, and I have a question regarding this one combo he pulled off on me. Okay, so I believe he used Kirby's improved F-throw, and then D-air into a grab, and kept doing that until he got maybe 40-50%. I was aware that Kirby could grab after the D-air, but I have to ask: When's the best time to pull this combo? Raizur managed to pull it off when I was probably at 0%.
0% is ideally when I try to grab to get maximum damage output. I know fthrow>dair works until my opponent is at 30%, so when I go for the regrab, I decide to go with something else like fair. This is all character specific too, the combo doesn't work on other characters, so it requires a bit of labbing. To answer your question, 0-20% is when I do it to get at least one fthrow> dair string, again, character specific. DI is also a thing to keep in mind of.

Last edited:

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
0% is ideally when I try to grab to get maximum damage output. I know fthrow>dair works until my opponent is at 30%, so when I go for the regrab, I decide to go with something else like fair. This is all character specific too, the combo doesn't work on other characters, so it requires a bit of labbing. To answer your question, 0-20% is when I do it to get at least one fthrow> dair string, again, character specific. DI is also a thing to keep in mind of.
My friend has good DI so normally I Fthrow to forward air, and then chase, some times I grab. or I jump Fair or Up air to catch their jump, then continue to combo. F throw is good, but any competent player DI, especially with the time they are given to react to it. Just making it clear to some.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Has anybody else noticed that the physics of f throw channge when you do it over a ledge?

Against ddd and bowser, you can f throw footstool at 0. But if you grab them right at the ledge, they wont pop up high enough from the f throw to get footstooled

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Has anybody else noticed that the physics of f throw channge when you do it over a ledge?

Against ddd and bowser, you can f throw footstool at 0. But if you grab them right at the ledge, they wont pop up high enough from the f throw to get footstooled
Yeah I noticed this too. Optimal positioning seems to be one character length away from the ledge- enough that kirby doesn't fthrow himself past the ledge.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Yeah I noticed this too. Optimal positioning seems to be one character length away from the ledge- enough that kirby doesn't fthrow himself past the ledge.
Yeah, last time Kirby would do that was in Melee, which is one of many glitches in that game regarding Kirby.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
If I remember correctly throws right on the edge have a slightly different angle. Doesn't just apply to Kirby.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
For those who haven't caught on/those who don't read, F-Throw > D-Air was just an example combo. There's only a couple characters it's actually real on, and even then you're never going to land it three times in a row unless the opponent is dumb. There's very easy ways to replicate the damage of F-Throw > D-Air > Regrab, so it doesn't really matter, either. F-Throw > D-Air is primarily a mix-up tool after conditioning your opponent.

Top Bottom