• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Up throw suicide is back? W/ video

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Yea. That's what generally happens when you do this. Same on Frigate, same on RC, same everywhere...unless you have a ceiling, which somehow changes everything.

Also, on the topic of upthrow...does anything special/odd happen when you uthrow on PS2's low gravity thing?

TheFast

Smash Lord
Try up throw on Rainbow as the boat is falling (Kirby facing the Stage). You can get snake stuck under an area as the stage is moving up. Much fun.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I tried to Uthrow on the windmill yesterday and something weird happened. I must not have been in the right place, but I ended up on top of the platform as it tilted, and landed as it was about to be X shaped, and what occured is my opponent hit both fins of the windmill and got stage spiked. I really wish I had a replay, because it was awesome!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Heh, I tried to Uthrow on the windmill yesterday and something weird happened. I must not have been in the right place, but I ended up on top of the platform as it tilted, and landed as it was about to be X shaped, and what occured is my opponent hit both fins of the windmill and got stage spiked. I really wish I had a replay, because it was awesome!
O_0

Do a three minute match and try to do this again.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't know where I was, and without a video to see how I was compared to the windmill, I honestly doubt I'll be able to recreate it.

I can try though.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
From looking at these vids, my first theory would be that with a ceiling, since you can't go through them (and sometimes even if you can? o.0) the game moves you and the invisible floor to adjust for moving along the ceiling. On some stages, this special case occurs near an edge, and when it occurs near an edge with a lip the opponent is stage spiked by going up directly under the lip. Kirby is fine, as he is usually clear of the edge, not to mention his uthrow doesn't give him knockback.

Hyrule is weird, I have no idea why the invisible floor moved under the platform. ... But anyways, this can help guide us in our testing by doing it only on stages like that first. Testing this on FD/BF/etc. is pointless.

EDIT: ... unless maybe moves that give velocity without knockback might also help this? I remember MK and G&W doing something similar to this using G&W's up+B in the middle of MK's Uthrow and it moved the invisible wall up. Maybe Mario/Squirtle could give us a push?

TheFast

Smash Lord
Me and my friend have try pushing Kirby off with Fludd during his up-throw. He made an invisable floor where the ground would of been. But this was tested on FD.

On this note. What happens if you Up-Throw when frigate orfan is changing??

Champion_Link

Smash Cadet
I've kirbicided on Pictochat once while playing theblueblade. I did the upthrow, then the arrow spikes appeared under us and we slammed down on to them killing us both. I lol'd

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Ok, so i have confirmed results in tourney and friendlies of performing the Utthrow suicide to any character, i performed it to a Kirby, and to a Dedede. Basically u Uthrow when the angle of the windmill blade of you is between 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yeah, I did it in a friendly yesterday for the heck of it (even though I was behind a stock and it caused me to lose)

I can't remember what character I did it to...most likely Toon Link or Marth. The windmill blade was about horizontal, and Kirby was on, or near, the far left, facing right.

Yup yup. Good to know at least, won't be happening very often, but maybe once in a while.

Kirby 89

Smash Rookie
does this mean meta knight also just got a new tool, or is his upthrow different in some way? just a semi-related question out of curiosity concerning the physics of the game.

TheFast

Smash Lord
do we know if controller port makes a difference on who dies first?
It is random me and my friend tested this when we the game 1st game out sucides when the character is in a grab or suck is at random. Since bowsers and Ganons are concidered grabs I dont see why kirby's would work differantly.

Top Bottom