• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Got videos for most of the 'combos' I mentioned before.
:4metaknight:
:4shulk:
:4samus:
:4robinm:

You can try all of these in training and they register as true combos, though my videos show how easy they are to mess up. The only one that can't be di'd to my knowledge is the one on :4robinm: which is also the only one that doesn't lead to a ko :/ dah well, good to use on inexperienced players or as a mix up I guess.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Wait so that forward throw change was a buff? Or did all of these exist before?
Not sure if any of these existed before but trust me, it was a huge buff ^^ fair, nair, final cutter, possibly dair, all of those after a fthrow at lower percents.

Black_14

Smash Rookie
If you ever happen to use customs, Kirbys front throw combos into Kirbys third custom up b killing at high procents

EDIT: tested at training mode, haven't tested can it be DId

Last edited:

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
If you ever happen to use customs, Kirbys front throw combos into Kirbys third custom up b killing at high procents

EDIT: tested at training mode, haven't tested can it be DId
Tested it with DI and it doesn't kill, at least on Sheik. Unfortunate, but understandable.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Tourney mode is kinda lame since we can only do Bo1 FFAs but I'd totally be in an All Kirby tournament!

It'll be kinda boring without Copy Abilities though :v

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Got videos for most of the 'combos' I mentioned before.
:4metaknight:
:4shulk:
:4samus:
:4robinm:

You can try all of these in training and they register as true combos, though my videos show how easy they are to mess up. The only one that can't be di'd to my knowledge is the one on :4robinm: which is also the only one that doesn't lead to a ko :/ dah well, good to use on inexperienced players or as a mix up I guess.
Lol the victory dances

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'm gonna be away from the country for the whole month of August so I won't be active. Maybe if by a miracle I can go to a tournament in Mexico, but it's really out of my way. Anyway, I barely have any internet but I got word of Kirby's changes and I'm SO excited!! Inhale buff, jab into Vulcan confirm combo, F-THROW!!!! I can't wait to return!! Any more changes???

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I'm gonna be away from the country for the whole month of August so I won't be active. Maybe if by a miracle I can go to a tournament in Mexico, but it's really out of my way. Anyway, I barely have any internet but I got word of Kirby's changes and I'm SO excited!! Inhale buff, jab into Vulcan confirm combo, F-THROW!!!! I can't wait to return!! Any more changes???
Aside from Copy Ability changes due to the original character's Neutral B getting changed, thats bout it.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Aside from Copy Ability changes due to the original character's Neutral B getting changed, thats bout it.
Is that confirmed to be a thing? If so, that's pretty neat but could also be bad in certain situations. Looking at the recent patch
:4bowserjr:More damage from his cannon ball...which to my understanding is still a pretty useless move
:4fox:Less endlag on blaster
:4littlemac:We should have these buffs in this case
  • Fully charged start up altered 7 → 6 frames
  • early sweetspot extended for two extra frames, later hitbox extended four extra frames.
:4lucina::4marth:Less endlag on Shield Breaker
:4luigi:More endlag on fireball
:4miigun:I believe it was mentioned that the Charge Shot has less endlag or something but it's not in the op of the patch thread so I'm not 100% sure
:4palutena:Damage buff
:4pit:Less endlag on arrows (I don't recall hearing any mention of :4darkpit: receiving the same treatment)
:4robinm:Less endlag on everything but Thoron (could be a big deal for Arcthunder combos)
:4wiifit:Heals more
And I think that's it for neutral special changes that we can make use of. Again I'll ask though, do we get the same buffs/nerfs other characters get when their neutral specials are changed?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm gonna be away from the country for the whole month of August so I won't be active. Maybe if by a miracle I can go to a tournament in Mexico, but it's really out of my way.
Whaaaaaaaaat? I arrived in New York City the last 2 weeks and I was planning to visit the next smash attack. Hype ruined. :C

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Off topic, why can't we have our thread title be "The Rainbow Resort", moi?
This is a social thread, nothing is off topic. I don't know why this thread is used for competitive discussions, though. We have the general moveset discussion thread for that.

also i like bad kirby puns :v

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
This is a social thread, nothing is off topic. I don't know why this thread is used for competitive discussions, though. We have the general moveset discussion thread for that.

also i like bad kirby puns :v
Kirby and the amazing cats is a pun? How? All you did was put cats where the word mirror was.

R-Star

Smash Rookie
NNID
rstar50
Hello fellow Kirbys! I've been lurking around the Kirby boards for awhile so I'm very familiar with Kirby. I'll probably post every now and then. :4kirby:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm moving to NE Ohio at the end of this month, person! How's it goin

R-Star

Smash Rookie
NNID
rstar50
Things are good. :) Would you attend tourneys in Ohio when you move here? I was recently in a big tourney with people all around Ohio. I placed 17th out of 65 with Kirby.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah I will be. Mostly in the Cleveland area. I'm coming from a pretty tough region so I hope people are ready for the Kirby matchup :3

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Found a few more uses for our new fthrow! Against my favourite mu Monado boy, when in speed form we have fthrow -> fair -> pp utilt and from there he's right above and in front of us. I haven't tested if nair, fair, or another pp utilt would extend the combo but it's good damage and puts us in an advantageous spot.

Against Bowser Jr. we've got fthrow -> fair -> pp utilt -> utilt but this one's...odd. My testings for both of these characters were on training with the ai set to stop and while both registered as true combos (a 5 hit combo for Shulk and a 6 hit for Jr.) there were numerous times where Jr. was sent too far for the pp utilt to connect. I understand the reason, it's because the final hit hit his body rather than his cart but it's weird since the only thing that could have changed is my timing unless the ai was doing minor di'ing.

Regardless, the combo on Shulk SHOULD be a true combo and leave us in a good spot with an example being if he airdodges we can start the cycle all over again with another grab...although his damage might be too high at that point for all of fair to connect. As for Jr. they'd have to di down to purposely get hit in the body to avoid the pp utilt to utilt. I might see about uploading videos as proof and to give people a visual.

Tried this stuff against Bowser first since he's so big and fat but fair sends him too far for pp utilt to connect. Could be possible in dubs though if we have a Shulk teammate!

Edit: Shulk has fthrow -> fair -> pp utilt -> utilt as a true combo when we're in speed form, same as Jr but without cart mishaps getting in the way. Should also mention these were all tested at 0%

Edit2: Found something that's probably already been found out but if not here it is! Against D3 I tried the same fthrow -> fair -> pp utilt and while it didn't work, I did find that you can land before the 3rd hit of fair comes out by fast falling fair. I'm not sure if we get a frame advantage from this but the second hit of fair drags the opponent down with us and they're right next to us. I was able to grab D3 again right after.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Is Kirby related.
I bought this shirt not too long ago.
I :4kirby: it.

Top Bottom