• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Moveset Tier List Discussion (insert arbitrary TBDL length of time) 1: Aerials

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
TBDL: To be decided later, because I have no idea how long this is going to take

We might as well make one of these...I'm fairly surprised that nobody else has yet. But, I feel like going through this differently. Rather than everybody posting their own lists and yelling, we'll discuss each type of attack and (hopefully) come to a consesus. First order of business is to figure out how each attack relates to all the attacks of its type. I'll update the original post each TBDL length of time, and we can make it one big list at the end.

Sooo...

The Official List

Top Tier

High Tier

Mid Tier

Low Tier

Bottom Tier

======

ATBDLLOT 1: Aerials

My opinion:
B-air (top)
D-air (high)
F-air (mid)
U-air (low)
N-air (bottom)

======

Uhh...go?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
NAir isn't that bad, but it is his worst aerial. :[

BAir~ Top tier. Best spacing tool, can kill, WoP, just amazing.

FAir~ Eh...Middle I'd say. Good (?) for spacing but that's about it.

DAir~ Top. Nice Damage output, can combo into FSmash at time and into other attacks most of the time, and can gimp.

NAir~ Bottom (;-;) Not much to this one. It auto cancels which is good, but his other aerials and attacks are much better. One use is to hit someone coming back but you can do the same thing with the others. =/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What about Uair Bunny?

Don't mind me, I just saw this thread as the headliner for the Kirby thread, and I just noticed it was missing.

Little_Cartman

Smash Rookie
i'd say Uair is better than Nair, but still worse than the other ones.

1. Bair: see ~Kawaii Bunny~
2. Fair: good for approaching
3. Dair: lead into combos and can spike
4. Uair: just for comboing
5. Nair: too long :S

just my 2 cents

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think a tier list is kind of pointless, because all moves have their time and place >_>

If you think Uair is worse than all his others...I probably use it even more than Fair. Or about the same.

and if you put them into a "tier list" people might become tier whores and only spam top/high tier moves :O

heh.

Anyway, I'll write what I can about each aerial:

Bair: staple move, great out of shield to punish attacks, good for spacing, KOing when fresh, comboing.

Fair: decent priority, comes out pretty quickly, can usually land all 3 hits, can KO if it's fresh and they're pretty far offstage (I use it to KO quite often when I'm limited on options), combo

Uair: "stairway to heaven" combos to keep your opponent in the air, has little to no landing lag so it can be used for ground combos too. Startup has a bit of lag, but the large reach of his foot on this attack makes up for it. Can be used to beat a lot of opponent aerials that are tough to beat with Bair.

Dair: comes out slowly, but has good priority and is very effective for spike->footstool, or comboing into ftilt or fsmash or grab on the ground. Can be annoying when spammed with short hops.

Nair: weak points are its fairly low priority and huge ending lag. However, it autocancels when you land on the ground so it can lead into combos. It also comes out pretty quickly, and can be a "combo breaker"

I find it useless against some characters though...for example, Meta Knight. All his aerials far outprioritize it and come out faster, so good luck "combo breaking" him with it.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
OK here we go, in order of best to worse:

Bair: Amazing, can kill, OK damage, god range, WOP.

Fair: Good for spacing, good damage, and multihit moves are always helpful.

Dair: Good damage, combos, but comes out kinda slow at the beginning.

Uair: Can combo as well (see Gonzo Combo) and OK range

Nair: Not horrible, just not very good, pretty bad range, OK damage, not great knockback, kinda fast.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I knew I forgot one. I was too busy playing friendlies and I was rushing. [/johns]

UpAir should be high. Good for combos and juggling.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Of course any Kirby main would put Kirby's F-Throw or F-Smash for top tier. I will say High tier would be his Dash, Middle tier would be his B-Air, Low tier would be his Side-B ground, Bottom I will say N-Air. I will get my whole list of Kirby moves and put them in a tier of my option later.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Edit: Crud, I didn't read the title very well. Ok Top B-Air, High is D-Air, Middle is U-Air, Low is F-Air and Bottom is N-Air.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
are we talking about how useful kirby's aerials are against other character's aerials, or ranking his own aerials from best to worst? if we are ranking him against other chars:

1. Nair--mid
2. Fair--mid
3. Bair--top
4. uair--mid/high
5. dair--mid/high

seems about right to me.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
1. Bair - Quickest Aerial; WoP; Killing move all in one.
2. Uair- Juggles characters in the air. Can be canceled into Uptilt while fast falling if timed
correctly. As we all know, F throw into Uair is too good.
3. Fair- Chases well. Chains with another Fair while off stage due to the Opponents
predictable DI towards the stage.
4. Dair- Spikes. Dair into FSmash is also good.
5. Nair- Good for Spacing+Vulcan jab, but that's pretty much it.

Thinking out of the box here, I could propose that Uair should be Top on the List. It could be a good discussion topic IMO. Anybody that thinks that Bair should be Top of the list could write why they think it should be there. If any one want's to participate, I'm up for defending the good O'l Uair.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
1. Bair - Quickest Aerial; WoP; Killing move all in one.
2. Uair- Juggles characters in the air. Can be canceled into Uptilt while fast falling if timed
correctly. As we all know, F throw into Uair is too good.
3. Fair- Chases well. Chains with another Fair while off stage due to the Opponents
predictable DI towards the stage.
4. Dair- Spikes. Dair into FSmash is also good.
5. Nair- Good for Spacing+Vulcan jab, but that's pretty much it.

Thinking out of the box here, I could propose that Uair should be Top on the List. It could be a good discussion topic IMO. Anybody that thinks that Bair should be Top of the list could write why they think it should be there. If any one want's to participate, I'm up for defending the good O'l Uair.
10 cookies for completely agreeing with me

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
10 cookies for completely agreeing with me
Yay, 10 Cockies :D

But seriously, I think its the most accurate way to put it.

The only thing I could say is that Uair has more potential. I'm gonna use it more to see what I can get out of it.

And speaking in general, the Top tier move Kirby has is his FGrab. I thought that was pretty obvious too >.>U

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why are you guys saying Kirby's fthrow is the greatest thing he has? I'll give you some good reasons it's NOT:
-not every character can be comboed out of it (Marth, G&W, others)
-only does true combos at very low percents for most characters
-fthrow->uair only does 18%... for comparison, dthrow alone does 12%, and it can lead to great chase->regrabs against most characters, at almost any percent
-dthrow is good against every character, and better than fthrow starting at 10-20% against most characters (does 12 damage, fthrow only does 8)
-most "combos" at higher percents (like fair or hammer after fthrow) can be airdodged or DI'd out of. Dthrow is an automatic 12 damage that sets up better.

I'm not saying fthrow is bad, just that dthrow is more useful more often, and good opponents will know what's coming after fthrow and avoid or punish it.

anyone else find it sad that fthrow->uair does only 18%, and only works at low percents and only against some characters, whereas Snake's ftilt is easier to pull off, does 21%, and works against everyone almost all the time >_>
and his ftilt is harder to punish than a whiffed grab/dashgrab >_______>

T-nuts

Smash Ace
i agree with asdioh. also nair is NOT only useful when fastfalled into vulcan jab. nair is good stuff.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i agree with asdioh. also nair is NOT only useful when fastfalled into vulcan jab. nair is good stuff.
I agree with T-nuts, Nair has its uses. c-c-c-combo breaker.

For example, in Kirby dittos recently, I will be at 0%, and then I'll get fthrown and uaired. With DI, I can easily escape any attack that immediately follows it, especially reverse uptilt since I'm simply out of range. So opponents will try to jump and chase me with an up air or something.

HOWEVER, what they don't expect me to do after their fthrow->uair combo is fastfall a Nair into their face.

heh, read my above post :p

It also works against dthrow: at 0%, I can escape the uptilt part of dthrow -> uptilt by simply double jumping and airdodging at the same time. If people are conditioned to expect this, they won't waste time uptilting; they'll jump and attempt to attack me in the air.

SO I FASTFALL NAIR INTO THEIR FACE

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
But my dear Grovyle, N-air is secks. D:

But seriously N-air is a very good combo move. Like D-Throw -> N-air & my favorite N-air -> N-air -> N-air -> F-Smash xD

But Kirby has really good aerials so if N-airs the worst, it doesn't mean it useless. My list would go B-Air, D-Air, F-Air, N-air, then Up-Air.

*melee flashback* F-air -> F-air -> N-air -> Grab Kirbycide |Katacombo.....F*** you Sakurai T_T

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Why are you guys saying Kirby's fthrow is the greatest thing he has? I'll give you some good reasons it's NOT:
-not every character can be comboed out of it (Marth, G&W, others)
So 2 or 3 characters can't get comboed by it. There are still 32 characters to get caught in it.
-only does true combos at very low percents for most characters
Down throw doesn't have any true combos unless your a heavy character. If your name isn't Wolf, Fox, Falco, Snake, Ganondorf, Bowser, Ect., you ain't getting the Up tilt Boah. Besides, I'll take a 0% grab into somthing good.
-fthrow->uair only does 18%... for comparison, dthrow alone does 12%, and it can lead to great chase->re grabs against most characters, at almost any percent
The only people that fall for the re grab after the Dthrow are Scrubs that Don't DI :/ I repeat, unless your name is " you ain't getting the Up tilt boah. But in retrospective, people only fall for the re grab once. After that, they just jump and Air dodge and regain their comfort zone on the stage.
-dthrow is good against every character, and better than fthrow starting at 10-20% against most characters (does 12 damage, fthrow only does 8)
A FThrow at 10-20% leads into Fair instead of Uair. Unless all you do is Uair after every Fthrow.
-most "combos" at higher percents (like fair or hammer after fthrow) can be air dodged or DI'd out of. Dthrow is an automatic 12 damage that sets up better.
Dthrow puts your opponent above you. If the opponent is smart, he will definitely get away from you after you grab him. Jumping air dodge; what do yo do now?

Now on the other hand, if you Fthrow, the throw positions him in front of you, in the air and you can input an attack before your opponent. Now a Fthrow at 0% is Golden, but that doesn't mean that any other % isn't as good. If you know your opponent knows the match up, bait him and PUNISH him.

For example,
-most "combos" at higher percents (like fair or hammer after fthrow) can be air dodged or DI'd out of
Air Hammer has 2 swings. If your opponent air dodges, Chase and Punish the air dodge with the second hit.

And, speaking in general, which is a better position; Your opponent above you, or you and your opponent in the air while you can input before him? IMO, that's Kirby's best position on the field.

When analyzing a good move, you should think other than it's priority and it's damage output. Think in a way the attack can be used other than it's main stream purpose. "Why can't I use this move to do this?", "Why does every one do this with this move while doing that is much better?"

DGrab is a good move, but being better than Fair because you get 4% more than FThrow? Thats not convincing enough.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Bair- Sucks. Completely. Worst aerial ever.
joke, joke! Kirby's best aerial
Dair- Top tier, only behind bair. Can have dair->fsmash, which feels almost as good as killing someone with a grounded hammer. Only bad thing is if you accidentally buffer a fast-falled dair when trying to dtilt but get knocked off by something like FLOOD (it sounds like you have to be some ****** for that to happen, but that's the best situation I can think of. It's happened to me in a way that you just have to feel sorry for me for).
Fair- Can sort-of be used for a FoP, first hit autocancels. High tier.
Uair- Good for juggling and fthrow-uair, but that's about it. Low tier.
Nair- Autocancels, but the same thing is bad with it as the dair. Can lead to an fsmash, but not as effective as dair. Low tier.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It feels like heresy to see so many people take a piss on Uair like that. Come on guys, the move is great!

-Circular hitbox that covers all sides. It's larger than it looks too.
-Weak hit can combo into a Utilt.
-Great for Sharking.
-Can start Jab Locks.
-Can juggle in the air.
-Can eventually kill, but yeah, almost evvery Kirby aerial can.
-Fthrow>Uair.
-Dthrow>Uair (For those who jump>AD the Utilt. Usually I can regrab once, then Utilt once, then Uair once, depending on whom I'm facing.)
-It autocancels.
-Can hit through the stage lip, and as such is GREAT for edge play.

Also, Asidoh, Uair isn't the only follow up to Fthrow. As the percentages rise, you can hit with Fair and aerial hammer (though neither is guaranteed I don't think, but they are very likely). However, Dthrow is amazing too. I put both those throws on the same pedestal of importance myself. They both have their time and place.

Organizing moves into tiers is ********... But here's my opinion anyway:

-Bair
-Uair
-Dair
-Fair
-Nair

T-nuts

Smash Ace
The only people that fall for the re grab after the Dthrow are Scrubs that Don't DI :/

Dthrow puts your opponent above you. If the opponent is smart, he will definitely get away from you after you grab him. Jumping air dodge; what do yo do now?

When analyzing a good move, you should think other than it's priority and it's damage output. Think in a way the attack can be used other than it's main stream purpose. "Why can't I use this move to do this?", "Why does every one do this with this move while doing that is much better?"

DGrab is a good move, but being better than Fair because you get 4% more than FThrow? Thats not convincing enough.
lol, you think asdioh is saying dthrow is better than fthrow just because it does 3% more damage? (its 3, not 4, but no big deal) The only time fthrow is better than dthrow, is at 0% (or close) for comboing, or if you can throw your opponent off the side. dthrow is better in practically every other situation.

dthrow is MUCH better for non combo follow ups. I'm talking if your opponent has like, 30% to maybe 150% here. your telling me a smart opponent will definitely get away from a follow up? how? trust me, if you pursue correctly, it is very, very difficult to escape dthrow followups.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So 2 or 3 characters can't get comboed by it. There are still 32 characters to get caught in it.
I think there are more, I made a thread about it but it kind of died

Down throw doesn't have any true combos unless your a heavy character. If your name isn't Wolf, Fox, Falco, Snake, Ganondorf, Bowser, Ect., you ain't getting the Up tilt Boah. Besides, I'll take a 0% grab into somthing good.
I never said it did. In fact, I'm aware that pretty much every opponent that has played against good Kirbys knows how to DI up and airdodge the uptilt.
The thing is, Fthrow is only a true combo at 0% against a few characters. Do you know how hard it is to get a 0% grab on an opponent that is expecting it? I rarely even try anymore because everyone knows it's coming.
Plus, DI DI DI. I can't even regrab a good Falco after a 0% fthrow->uair, he just DIs way too far away.

The only people that fall for the re grab after the Dthrow are Scrubs that Don't DI :/ I repeat, unless your name is " you ain't getting the Up tilt boah. But in retrospective, people only fall for the re grab once. After that, they just jump and Air dodge and regain their comfort zone on the stage.
Most characters in this game only have one air jump. You down throw them, they jump, their only option is to come down with an aerial or airdodge. Against most opponents, Kirby can easily shieldgrab as they land.

A FThrow at 10-20% leads into Fair instead of Uair. Unless all you do is Uair after every Fthrow.
Against a few characters perhaps, but I'm not so sure if it works against good DI+airdodge.

I've seen ridiculous things with good DI (or smash DI perhaps)

like I said before, just wait for him to land and regrab.
lol, you think asdioh is saying dthrow is better than fthrow just because it does 3% more damage? (its 3, not 4, but no big deal) The only time fthrow is better than dthrow, is at 0% (or close) for comboing, or if you can throw your opponent off the side. dthrow is better in practically every other situation.

dthrow is MUCH better for non combo follow ups. I'm talking if your opponent has like, 30% to maybe 150% here. your telling me a smart opponent will definitely get away from a follow up? how? trust me, if you pursue correctly, it is very, very difficult to escape dthrow followups.
Well fthrow does 8% and dthrow does 12% >_>

Yes, this is simply my point. Dthrow does more damage and leads into better followups at almost every percentage. And again, I can pull off 0% grabs so rarely now against knowledgable opponents that I don't find myself Fthrowing very much.

It's true that fthrow (and backthrow) are good for getting opponents offstage.

Also, upthrow is sexy.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Ok. That totally passed my mind. Your right, Dthrow is better because it does more damage and in any other situation that isn't leading the other player of the ledge or at 0%, Dthrow is the obvious choice.

Situations like:
While in the middle of the stage
While below a platform
While on top of a platform
While on terrain that isn't any were close to leading the opponent of the ledge
Or While below a solid roof so the Opponent could bounce off

Those are the only other situations that I could think of that would lead me to not use Fthrow. To be honest, I would Much rather use Uthrow rather than Dthrow in any of them.

dthrow is MUCH better for non combo follow ups. I'm talking if your opponent has like, 30%
I want for my opponent to be in the Air when I'm using Kirby. Ok, I understand that Dthrow does 12 damage, but it does 12 damage the first time it's used. After that it decays and blah blah blah.

In this situation (30%), I would use Up Throw as well.

to maybe 150% here.
If your at 150, your gonna eat an UpThrow For the kill. (although I rarely get some one at 150%)

your telling me a smart opponent will definitely get away from a follow up? how? trust me, if you pursue correctly, it is very, very difficult to escape dthrow followups.
Yes I am. You said it; It's difficult, not impossible. I, Never try to use Dthrow follow ups any more because I got tired of having Good players escape from any sort of Follow up I tried to make.

It's not that its impossible to escape from a Upthrow follow up or a FThrow Follow up, I'm just saying that they make it much easier. When the UpThrow and FThrow end, you and your opponent both end up in the AIR, which is where Kirby excels at when fighting. In the AIR.

Well fthrow does 8% and dthrow does 12% >_>

Yes, this is simply my point. Dthrow does more damage and leads into better followups at almost every percentage. And again, I can pull off 0% grabs so rarely now against knowledgable opponents that I don't find myself Fthrowing very much.
If your fighting a knowledgeable opponent, chances are that he's not going to fall for the Re grab. Any other Follow up is Completely escape able.

Knock back = Flight distance before Being able to react with any input.

Down throws 0% knockback-14ft
Forward throws 0% knockback-9ft
(Both attacks were Performed with 0 decay and tested on Mario. The KnockBack differs from character weight.)

The Frames on which you and your opponent can execute moves are different. There is a 6 Frame difference between Kirby and the other character. What this means is that you can Execute a jump, and the other character could not execute one until 6 frames later than Kirby. On the other hand, Down throw has roughly 3 frames of difference between Kirby and the other character. That's the time his neutral jab takes to begin it's hit box.

I tested on Mario, JigglyPuff and Zero Suit Samus.

Mario
0%-15%: Forward Throw into Up Air(True Combo)
0%-10%: Forward Throw into Up Air. Fall DI'ng toward the Opponent, Up Tilt then Back air. (True Combo).
16%-17%: Forward Throw into Up Air (True Combo)

Jiggly Puff
0%-10%: Forward Throw into Up Air(True Combo).
11%-13%: Forward trow into Fair. (True Combo). (Can be escaped out if you do not buffer)

(Zero Suits Result's were the same as Mario's)

It's true, you have to grab the opponent at 0% to 10% of damage to pull them off, but just because the move only true combos at 0-10% on Every character on the Cast, and Does 37%+ if done one Middle Weights and Heavy weights when grabbed at 0-10% doesn't make Down Throw Better because it does 4 damage more and "is better in every other situation."

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Those are the only other situations that I could think of that would lead me to not use Fthrow. To be honest, I would Much rather use Uthrow rather than Dthrow in any of them.

In this situation (30%), I would use Up Throw as well.
Why upthrow? It takes a while from start to finish. It's not an instant throw like some characters have, Kirby goes to the top of the screen and then comes back down, so it'll be obvious to your opponent which throw you're using. If they know the trajectory that results from an up throw, they can EASILY DI away from any followup you can possibly use, and it takes you a bit to get back to the ground.

If your at 150, your gonna eat an UpThrow For the kill. (although I rarely get some one at 150%)
Depends on the stage and character. Upthrow won't kill Snake on Final Destination with DI until like... 190% or higher :'(

Yes I am. You said it; It's difficult, not impossible. I, Never try to use Dthrow follow ups any more because I got tired of having Good players escape from any sort of Follow up I tried to make.

It's not that its impossible to escape from a Upthrow follow up or a FThrow Follow up, I'm just saying that they make it much easier. When the UpThrow and FThrow end, you and your opponent both end up in the AIR, which is where Kirby excels at when fighting. In the AIR.

If your fighting a knowledgeable opponent, chances are that he's not going to fall for the Re grab. Any other Follow up is Completely escape able.
Upthrow is pretty good at very low percents, then your opponent doesn't have as much room to evade your followups.

This is the example I like to think of when I talk about Dthrow: face a good Ike player. Use dthrow. (unless he's around 0%, then do fthrow->uair)

Anyway, after the dthrow, what options does Ike have? He has to return to the ground soon, and Kirby can shield his attack and regrab him so easily it's not funny. You can just chain dthrows on even very good Ike players quite a few times.

With that said, I wish I had someone in-person to test stuff out on. For example, I'd be able to test out Up throw and see what really works out of it. If your opponent DIs to the right (when you're upthrowing while facing right) they get pretty far from you, but at some percentages you might have some nice followup options. For example, at low percents, they can't get THAT far from you. At higher percents, they will still be up in the air and you will have time to chase them.

My aerial "tier list:"
-Bair
-Uair
-Dair
-Fair
-Nair

But they're all good.

My throw "tier list:"
-Dthrow
-Fthrow
-Uthrow
-Bthrow

But they all have their uses and situations.

This is why I think tier lists and arguing is pointless XD

T-nuts

Smash Ace
lol. you really just quoted me and made my "mistake" huge to show how stupid it is? No, i made no mistake when i said 30% to 150%.

Here is the list of characters that will die from an uthrow on FD if they DI correctly at 150% (160% after the throw):

--jigglypuff only :laugh: test it if you dont believe me.

When the UpThrow and FThrow end, you and your opponent both end up in the AIR, which is where Kirby excels at when fighting. In the AIR.
Just because kirby is better overall at aerial fighting, does not mean he is better at everything in the air. kirby is better at punishing an opponent above him when he is on the ground. and dthrow ends with kirby on the ground.

after a dthrow, your opponent will either go left or right, or possibly straight down. read their direction and pursue. There are 2 ways to pursue, and the first way should be followed up with the second.

1. Aerial pursuit: jump into uair or bair but do not let him get below you, so if he dodges your aerials you can still pursue on the ground. this is risky because it may ruin your chase but good for mixing it up.

2. ground pursuit: THIS IS WHAT MAKES DTHROW DANGEROUS. hit them as they land. this is one of the most vulnerable moments for any character. as they land, there are 3 good moves:

a) dash attack. if they try to dodge you in any way as they hit the ground, this WILL hit them.
b) running shield-->regrab. if they try to attack on the way to the ground, you will block it and grab them, setting up another dthrow (or possibly a different throw) and resuming the process. also works if you time it perfectly after they airdodge.
c) smash. go for the high reward with this one. use it if you need a kill, anticipate an aerial with less priority, or as they hit the ground, even if they airdodge.

See how many options you have after dthrow? my friend's MK fears my dthrow now to the point that after I use it, his best move is to fly all the way to the ledge and grab it rather than risk getting punished as he hits the ground. and hes no scrub. hes freaking good as hell.

Also, I am curious how you can follow up a fthrow? if you use fthrow on your opponent above 30%, and afterward he moves away in the air, how can you punish him? theres no way to make it to him in time. he can effectively escape your chase every single time. with dthrow, they go right above you, and they have to beat you to the left or right to avoid any risk of a follow up. and since you are on the ground, you can RUN. so you can beat them to the direction they choose.

1 last thing: MERRY CHRISTMAS KIRBY BOARDS!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Bair: Top Tier (most useful and versatile killing move)
Fair: High Tier (best for racking up damage/combos)
Dair: Mid Tier (good for damage, but somewhat hard to land)
Uair: Mid Tier (same as Dair)
Nair: Low Tier (situational at best, and hard to land)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Back Air - Incredibly useful. Decent killer and the range isn't that bad.
Down Air - Spikes and racks damage well. A bit hard to land
Forward air - Excellent for approaching and good for damage racking/combos
Up air - A bit hard to land but good for combos.
Neutral Air - Highly situational and hard to land. Only good for knocking away opponents (and even then, there are better moves for that).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
See how many options you have after dthrow? my friend's MK fears my dthrow now to the point that after I use it, his best move is to fly all the way to the ledge and grab it rather than risk getting punished as he hits the ground. and hes no scrub. hes freaking good as hell.

Also, I am curious how you can follow up a fthrow? if you use fthrow on your opponent above 30%, and afterward he moves away in the air, how can you punish him? theres no way to make it to him in time. he can effectively escape your chase every single time. with dthrow, they go right above you, and they have to beat you to the left or right to avoid any risk of a follow up. and since you are on the ground, you can RUN. so you can beat them to the direction they choose.

1 last thing: MERRY CHRISTMAS KIRBY BOARDS!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol
-yes. I can't see why MK would fear dthrow as much as others since he has multiple jumps and can just spam jump+dair pressure, but I can definitely see other characters desperately going for the ledge grab so they don't get pseudo-chaingrabbed.

-that's another thing I forgot that makes dthrow better than fthrow: Kirby has terrible aerial movement speed. He will never catch most characters that DI away.

-Merry Christmas everyone :O I'm up way too late as usual, unable to sleep

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I know what I know. I like to have my opponent up in the Air rather than Shield Grabbing for Damage and I'm obviously not gonna make anyone think differently no matter what. Really don't care as well so, Meh.

Different play styles I guess. I will agree with Asdioh; a tier list for his moves is kinda pointless. MK26, instead of making it a Tier list, Make it an info list.

Example:
Bair- One of Kirby's (if not the) best move he has. If used while Jumping Back, It has more chances of Killing than if used while jumping forward. Kills at __% if not Decayed.
Damage Without Decay-12%
KnockBack-__ft
Combos with it-Bair>Bair; UpTilt>Bair
Start Up Frames-__Frames
I had it's Start up Frames written down, But I'm not gonna look for them now. Probably look for them later (If you take the Idea anyway); but until then, I'm off to play GH: WT.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
1.Bair
2.Dair
3.Uair
4.Fair
5.Nair

All in my own opinion, however.

Also, MERRY KIRBSTER KRISTMAS TO ALL TUFF PINK PUFF PLAYERS!

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I know what I know. I like to have my opponent up in the Air rather than Shield Grabbing for Damage and I'm obviously not gonna make anyone think differently no matter what. Really don't care as well so, Meh.

Different play styles I guess. I will agree with Asdioh; a tier list for his moves is kinda pointless. MK26, instead of making it a Tier list, Make it an info list.

Example:

I had it's Start up Frames written down, But I'm not gonna look for them now. Probably look for them later (If you take the Idea anyway); but until then, I'm off to play GH: WT.
So...basically, you want me to rewrite Timmy's guide in my own words. I could, but the matchup thread is taking enough of my time as it is.

And call me Maestro plz

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
So...basically, you want me to rewrite Timmy's guide in my own words. I could, but the matchup thread is taking enough of my time as it is.

And call me Maestro plz
Nah, Don't rewrite it Maestro. The Match up thread is kinda behind... >.> But, hey, 35 characters to discuss (unless you discuss PT separately and Zelda ZSS, ect).

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
uair is a great comboer, and combos are important

bair is strong, fast, and good for WoP

fair... i don't use it much, i sometimes combo with it or space with it

dair = good for spikes and leads into combos

nair looks pretty. that is all

so (in my opinion) ....

1. bair
2. uair, dair, fair
3. nair

Top Bottom