• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby matchups counterpick thread day 3: wolf, luigi, dedede

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
ok, because i saw another thread like this but it died because the creater never updated it i will try to make a succesful guide to all the best and worst stages cps for going against each character, just post what you think for each matchup with a good reason against that character and as long as there isnt any big discrepancies among that i will add it to this chart:

remember this is for the best and worst stages in each matchup(ones that are normally cps only)

we will do 3 characters every day to keep this thing moving now

stage list:
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

;format:(please note this is from kirbys side of the matchup
character
best neutral
worst neutral
best cp stage
second best/third best/ect. cp
worst
second worst

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Falco
Fox
Character: Mr. Game and Watch
Best Neutral to pick against them: Smashville, Final Destination. PS1 if it's legal, or possibly Lylat if it's neutral.
Worst Neutral to pick against them: Battlefield
Best stages to counterpick: Jungle Japes
Stages you may want to ban: Rainbow Cruise, Halberd
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
battlefield/ yoshis island
final destination
???
???
fd
???
Ike
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Kirbyd--(^.^)z
Link
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Marth
???
battlefield
???
???
???
???
Meta Knight
Ness
**Olimar**
Character: Peach
Best Neutral to pick against them: Final Destination, Smashville
Best stages to counterpick: Halberd? Brinstar?
Stages you may want to ban: asdfklskf
from kirbys side of the matchup
character - Pikachu
best neutral - it all depends.
worst neutral - MAYBE Battlefield because he can't use Thunder on the bottom very easily.
best cp stage - @#$% yeah, Brinstar!
second best/third best/ect. cp - o_o
ban - o_o Frigate?

Pit
Pokemon Trainer
character - ROB
best neutral - Battlefield is supposed to be ROB's worst neutral, so if you're good there give it a try.
worst neutral - Probably Final Destination
best cp stage - hmm...I'd go for Brinstar. >_> most ROBs seem to hate it. Like a lot. Apparently they get pissed when their gyro gets stuck when the acid rises up on the stage, so they can't be lame and camp lolol.
second best cp: rainbow cruise
ban - Frigate Orpheon...ROBs love that stage so much.
Samus
Sheik
Snake
fd
????
jungle japes
rainbow cruise
halberd
battlefield
Sonic
from kirby's side of the matchup
character - Toon Link
best neutral - Kirby doesn't really have great neutrals against TL. Pick Lylat or Pokemon Stadium (Melee) if they're neutral
worst neutral - TL can projectile spam well on Final Destination, or he can use his sword through platforms well on Battlefield.
best cp stage - Not really sure. Rainbow Cruise is pretty good against Toon Link.
Brinstar
second best/third best/ect. cp - RUMBLE FALLZ
ban: ban Halberd against Toon Link...or Battlefield or Corneria or wtfever.
Wario
Wolf
Yoshi
Zelda
Zelda/Shiek
Zero Suit Samus

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
since no one wants to start: best counterpick for snake=fd? second=norfair due to snakes average air game+slow mobility=easy target for stage lave, bad cps:SV,FD, best neutral=bf, thoughts?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
character
best neutral
best cp stage
second best/third best/ect. cp
worst(is always rainbow cruise)
second worst
^- This part is what confuses me. Best neutral to pick against them, or their best neutral?

Against Snake, I'd ban.... Halberd or Battlefield.

For neutrals, I'd want to play on FD, no matter what anyone says. Not Smashville...maybe Yoshi's.

Counterpick Jungle Japes or Rainbow Cruise against Snake.

Against Ice Climbers, ban Final Destination.

Best neutral to play on...Battlefield or Yoshi's Island. If PS1 or Lylat are neutral, those are good too.

Counterpick Brinstar against Ice Climbers, seriously. Not just because I like the stage, but because it's sooo good against them.

Against Marth...I'd ban Battlefield.

For neutrals....doesn't really matter.

Counterpicks? Jungle Japes is good against him...Rainbow Cruise...Brinstar...kinda...but not really :[

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Counterpick Brinstar against Ice Climbers, seriously. Not just because I like the stage, but because it's sooo good against them.
That's what you want us to believe. Your trying to make us all do badly because we'll choose brinstar, then we'll worship you like a f*cking god because you'll win a lot there. I'm on to you. BTW, I changed your name

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
updated, also, norfair for ics good cp, fd best neutral for marth matchup, also, i think frigate is a good cp against marth along with rc, bad cps? thoughts?

ill change characters tommorow btw

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
character - Toon Link
best neutral - Kirby doesn't really have great neutrals against TL. Pick Lylat or Pokemon Stadium (Melee) if they're neutral
worst neutral - TL can projectile spam well on Final Destination, or he can use his sword through platforms well on Battlefield.
best cp stage - Not really sure. Rainbow Cruise is pretty good against Toon Link.
Brinstar

character - ROB
best neutral - Battlefield is supposed to be ROB's worst neutral, so if you're good there give it a try.
best cp stage - hmm...I'd go for Brinstar. >_> most ROBs seem to hate it. Like a lot. Apparently they get pissed when their gyro gets stuck when the acid rises up on the stage, so they can't be lame and camp lolol.

character - Pikachu
worst neutral - MAYBE Battlefield because he can't use Thunder on the bottom very easily.
ban - o_o Frigate?

Wow, I've been in 3 tourneys with Anther and I don't even know what stages to pick/ban against Pikachu. Wtf is wrong with me

Dabuz can you make the first post a little...neater? :p

Maybe use quote tags around the best/worst stages for characters we've already done

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
character - Toon Link
Brinstar

character - ROB

character - Pikachu
ban - o_o Frigate?

Wow, I've been in 3 tourneys with Anther and I don't even know what stages to pick/ban against Pikachu. Wtf is wrong with me

Dabuz can you make the first post a little...neater? :p

Maybe use quote tags around the best/worst stages for characters we've already done
uh, sure, why not?, ill start with yours right now if no objections and move to next character

edit: i think japes is a good stage against rob, anyone else agree? if so ill add that too, also, poke stadium one for second cp against pikachu?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Pokemon stadium 1 is a good cp against anyone with Kirby.

And Rainbow cruise is a really good cp vs ROB.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
uh, sure, why not?, ill start with yours right now if no objections and move to next character

edit: i think japes is a good stage against rob, anyone else agree? if so ill add that too, also, poke stadium one for second cp against pikachu?
I actually thought PS1 is a good stage for Pikachu. I dunno though, ask Anther ^_^

The below format is a little neater, in my opinion.

Character: Mr. Game and Watch
Best Neutral to pick against them: Smashville, Final Destination. PS1 if it's legal, or possibly Lylat if it's neutral.
Best stages to counterpick: Jungle Japes
Stages you may want to ban: Rainbow Cruise, Halberd

Character: Sonic
Best Neutral to pick against them: Battlefield?
Worst Neutral to pick against them: Final Destination?
Best stages to counterpick: Brinstar lol
Stages you may want to ban: big ones

I don't really know >_>

Character: Peach
Best Neutral to pick against them: Final Destination, Smashville
Best stages to counterpick: Halberd? Brinstar?
Stages you may want to ban: asdfklskf

You know, I think we should have a bit of discussion for each character. For example, I'd want to ban anything with close sides against Peach, but I don't know what specifically.

Here's a stage list to help:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
lol, i wanted it to become a dsicussion, not just you filling in everything with brinstar >.>

also, norfair>sonic, true story

edit: fd actually isn't bad to use against sonic with kirby, because sonic has no bad stages or great ones against kirbs except for norfair which is bad, and mansion is good for sonic

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
Haha, Asdioh you put entirely too much work into this thread. But on topic, I think that I can beat Marth a lot on Battlefield. I have problems with Spacing on other neutrals beacuse there's not as many places for me to get around to. It's really easy to just space things with the extra comfort of the platforms. FD and Smashville just don't do it for me.

Top Bottom