• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby match up

PoseidonsEnd

Smash Rookie
Having trouble with this guy. Seems that he has more range then me every time I fight him....and boy do I hate his F smash!! :mad:
Any tips for this fight?

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
wait for the kirby discussion.
We can at least give him pointers. I know Glick uses both Kirby and Jigglypuff, so I hope he sees this thread.

I got owned by Kirby's too. I got owned with Olimar then switched to Jiggz as a last ditch effort. I got owned again. My only suggestion is stay away from his fair. If he ever dthrows you, DI down and perfect rest him. This is practically the only perfect rest I can pull off, and felt good. Kirby has a lot more on you than you have on him. If I were you I would go to their boards and look at their matchups and find out what problems they have.

If I were you I would stick to ZSS for this match.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I main/second kirby as well (though I never go on the kirby boards) Kirby has the Puff beat when it comes to ground game, but he's slower in the air than she is. Kirby's final cutter is a beast in this matchup, since it's the only ranged attack and skyrockets up to hur jiggs, and even worse it has sword range.
Then again pound is a beast to since it's the highest priority move in this match-up (if you want to get technical swallo and rock have higher, but neither of those are that good against jiggs.)

Kirby's fsmash is probably among one of the most hated moves in this game, so stay far away from it.

Also when you knock kirby off and you know he can't recover, get to the highest place on the map, left-taunt, and yell "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!" as you point to the heavens in unison with jigglypuff.
If you do that you're set for the rest of the match, he has no hope lol.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Kirby is a better Jigglypuff, which is annoying. Stick to the air where Kirby pretty much has to follow you and she only has a slight advantage. You can beat her in the air. Her grabs and ground game are better than you, but you have around neutral aerials.

Be careful in a gimp game.

Top Bottom