• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Cooks your Final Meal + Ashley's Entertainment

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the Japanese Ashley sounds "Creepier" or "darker" or "gothloliconmagicalwitchgirlwhatever". She sounds like an 8-year old girl. Both versions are very well done, it's just a matter of taste. Please stop being so critical that one version RULES and the other SUX! I personally like the English version better, because there's more inflection in her voice, she's clearly a talented singer and it shows, and she has a lot of energy. I like energy in a fighting game. I think it'll add a lot of fun to the Warioware stage. But I don't think the Japanese version is awful. It's also a very good version of the song. It just drives me crazy when people can't like stuff for what it is.

Also, I'm pretty sure Kirby's final smash will be Proximity based. It'd be weird if you were on opposite ends of the Bridge of Eldin, and your opponets just flew aaaall the way across. I'm betting you'll have to be relatively close to suck 'em in.

Oh, and I don't think the song under the kirby update was kirby music. I think it was from that cooking navi game for DS.

GenG

Smash Lord
She sounds like an 8-year old girl.
She's supposed to sound like that. You know... she is 8 or 9 years old! She is a eerie, cute and mischievous witch. The English version is too cheerful. If they wanted it to sound that cheerful and teenageri-sh, the Japanese (and original version) would've done it like that.

I think everybody would enjoy a hard-rock remix of the Zelda Main Theme, but you couldn't deny that it isn't like it was meant to sound.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
The reason why this version of Ashley's Theme is so cheery can be explained canonically.

In WarioWare: Touched!, on Mona's microgames, you can see Vanessa watching a pop channel, to see how high she is on the ranking. One of them is a pop-version of Ashley's Theme. Although it may not explain why the chose for a cheery version, it might fit in canonically.

But I think this song just simply rocks.
Also, I do hope this song also makes it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d22GfAudDfc

Drake3

Smash Ace
The long awaited Kirby FS, and I gotta say I personally like it. It's different and unique and probably provides an assortment of random food/stuff.

I also like the Ashley song (strangely) and she has a very nice voice.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
The more and more I see Final Smashes being semi-broken, the more happy I get in thought that all FS's will be banned in tourney. It's an opinion yes, but in my head if an item is almost like an instant win card, then it shouldn't be in anything competitive. Slow characters can't manuever to items as fast as the rest. And faster chars like falcon could literally jump across the stage and get an item before a character like Bowser would get even if he were right above it.

I understand that this is one of the more broken'esque FSs we've seen, but the fact is that they're basically like calling out a legendary Pokemon in melee and winning that way, I wouldn't like it.

And for the whole "0 tolerance for recovery items in the tournament scene". That's understandably agreed. But for some reason I see the tolerance subsiding a bit thanks to Diddy. After he knocks anyone off the field I wouldn't be surprised if some Diddy players rapidly fired off a crapload of shots into the wall or ground just to recover a small little tidbit of heath before the oppponent came back. But that's just me.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
She's supposed to sound like that. You know... she is 8 or 9 years old! She is a eerie, cute and mischievous witch. The English version is too cheerful. If they wanted it to sound that cheerful and teenageri-sh, the Japanese (and original version) would've done it like that.

I think everybody would enjoy a hard-rock remix of the Zelda Main Theme, but you couldn't deny that it isn't like it was meant to sound.
yeah that is a good point.....oh by the way. (off topic srry) .nice Signature line "Tengen Toppa Guuren Lagaan" right??

NukeA6

Smash Master
Just listened to Ashley's theme. I can only see it fitting if Ashley is playable otherwise it leads to one abbreviation:

WTF?

And I found it weird the Japan page got a cooking song for Kirby. I guess that's how long the Final Smash is.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I did a little research and Emily McIntosh, the singer who sung Ashley's part claimed to've only done the song. She didn't even know the name of the game she was singing for either. (Well she forgot the name anyway.) This is also apparently her first big voxing work so I doubt she's playing dumb about it.

With all of this said, unless they went with a more experienced actress for an actual in-game voice for Ashley, I doubt she's in it as a playable character.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I don't like the idea of items, even more so healing items, being part of a FS... I think it would be very fun to turn off all items other then the final smash orbs and make it very low/rare to appear or very high if you can only use it once per match so everyone gets a FS.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
To Ashley's Theme:
In WarioWare Touched there was a secret message in Ashley's song if you play it very fast.
Maybe there is a secret message again hidden somewhere in the song if you play it backwards or faster.

In my opinion this song doesn't fit with the WarioWare-stage. I think Ashley's castle will be a stage.

And sry for my English, I know it's very bad.....

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Ugh, the little girl singing the japanese version of the song sounds really really sweet. It almost makes your heart melt, until you realize it is so sweet you can't take it. XD

It's not a BAD song...but I would much rather a remix of elephant tower over this...

It also helps THAT themes chances seeing as how they are in elephant tower.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Assuming that Ashley's theme is going to be heard on the Wario Ware stage, I think it's better that they did change the style to a lively big band style over the original "creepy", gothy style. The Wario Ware stage is vibrant, wacky, and all-around fun-oriented, so it song should reflect that style. So in the context in what we hear the song in, I like what they did to the song, even if it isn't entirely true to the original.

As for the differences between English and Japanese versions, I don't really find much outside of the obvious language difference and the female vocals (to which I really don't care for the voice of the female Japanese singer). Both versions seem to have the same energy and upbeat nature that suits them to the stage better.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
The following is just copy-pasted from the first thread made about today's update, which was locked for who-knows-why. Maybe the mods just wanted the thread to be under their name and no one else's. Sure is a shame that someone who could actually be up at the hour of the update took the initiative to make a thread for it and he just gets locked.

I approve of this update.

Kirby's Final Smash, about the only thing I can say is: It's about time. It's a shame it didn't have some surprising twist to it like some of us were hoping it was delayed for, though. Good to see it an excellent rebuild of the original ability, though.

Ashley's Theme is outstanding. The theme in Touched! was always kind of catchy, but the sound quality was godawful and the voice actors were monotone. This remix nails excellent in just about every way; the singers are fantastic (the english Ashley doesn't quite match the character herself, but neither does the japanese Ashley. They're still both great singers), and the tempo has been kicked up. It actually sounds like stage music and I can even see it (hear it?) playing on the stage. 10/10 from me.
Another detail a friend pointed out to me about Kirby's Final Smash, is that it appears to be the first Final that doesn't require skill to use. Everyone else requires some sort of manual control or chance. I'm not sure how I feel about that; maybe it's a way of making Kirby more powerful again. Maybe the chance will lie in not letting your opponents get a hold of those items?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Everyone who thinks final smash will be in tournaments they wont be since the smash ball is an item and in tournaments Items are turned off

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Kirby would make any more items...or is it going to be those three items (Maximum Tomato ,Warp Star, and Superspicy Curry) that kiby made from the same game series he's from????
I would imagine it would be restricted to the items from his game... I mean, those are a pretty sick 3 items. One heals a huge chunk of health (for Kirby, being a lightweight), one enhances his offensive abilities, and the last is a weapon to finish off anyone who might've survived the initial blow from the Cook ability.

I personally hope Kirby gains the ability to suck up food; it was a pain picking up food little by little in the last game, and if Kirby could just suck it all up? Like he does in Superstar? Clutch.

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
Wow, the new music update is one of the best ones I've heard so far. It just sounds like something out of a Broadway musical, but it's a really catchy tune. I hope they make a Brawl Soundtrack and add this song to the CD. It's just something that I really want to listen to.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I thought the update was all right. Looks like in my occasional item matches online, I have to watch out for that Final Smash. Thanks for the additional Wario information, guys. I never knew that at all.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Everyone who thinks final smash will be in tournaments they wont be since the smash ball is an item and in tournaments Items are turned off
Yes.

But do you realize the main reason that rule came into effect even starting back from the original SSB? The exploding barrels and capsules. That's it, thats the only reason they were banned. And when SSBM came out people thought that items could still possibly be turned on in tournaments, but there was still exploding barrels and capsules.

And honestly, trust me... they'll still be exploding barrels and capsules(maybe you could turn them off, but somehow I doubt it).

Now in days though people are very accustomed to no items in Smash for tourneys, and I don't think that'll ever change(and I like it that way). But these Smash Balls don't appear under the item section, and I don't think they'd be coming out of cany barrel or crate. They are technically items, but they're different and have the potential to shatter the whole "no items rule" that alot of people are fond of(me being one of them). But we shouldn't worry much because if FSs continue being as overpowered and continue spitting out items along with them, I doubt that FSs will even be considered for tourneys when the time comes.

But don't be so quick just to say "No items at all, no smash balls, nothing. It's not allowed" without knowing that there is still a miniscule chance they might be considered.

...lets hope not though <_<

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I don't get how Kirby's FS works? What are the items for? Are they coming out of the pot or going in? And how do the opponents get in the pot to begin with?

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
ok its official.....Kirby has the most bad@$$ FS in the whole game...im srrry.....but when u boil your enemies in a pot..it just too great XDDDD
If it's a vat of chocolate, then we are agreed.

I sort of thought that too... but you know... The community generally has absolutely 0 tolerance for Restorative Items...

That's what got me thinkin...
Banned Final smash? Diddy's one delivers in restorative peanuts...
Actually, it's Diddy's B move, not just his Final Smash. Diddy = Banned? lol
After he knocks anyone off the field I wouldn't be surprised if some Diddy players rapidly fired off a crapload of shots into the wall or ground just to recover a small little tidbit of heath before the oppponent came back. But that's just me.
Stages with walls banned in tourney play! lolz.

I didn't particularly care for the singing, but liked the music. But that's more my personal tastes regarding singing in general than anything about the singer(s) or the style of the vocals.

Also... now that Kirby's final smash is cook kirby... whenever you beat a Kirby player, you are now entitled to say "Get in the kitchen and make me a sammich!"

Fawriel

Smash Master
And again, I'll state that the difference between the two songs probably stems from the different perceptions of young witches in the American and Japanese cultures.
Japanese Ashley: Cute, but with an echoing, monotone voice that makes me want to not meet her in a dark alley.
American Ashley: Shrill and arrogant.

And jazz is always good. Period.

Now, could anyone please translate the text accompanying the DS Cooking song? I wonder whether there are any hints concerning where it will be used...

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I wonder why they didn't just play the DS Cooking song on the US site. :( I don't think people would have minded the Japanese lyrics too much.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I wonder why they didn't just play the DS Cooking song on the US site. :( I don't think people would have minded the Japanese lyrics too much.
Was that even japanese? It sounded more like Animal Crossing-style gibberish. Though, I only listened to it once and it was at 4 in the AM.

I'm dying to know how it ties in with anything myself, though.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Here's my theory:

In WarioWare, there are different microgames for each character. Maybe they'll do the same for the WarioWare Brawl stage, so sometimes, you can be in the middle of Wario's games, or Jimmy's or Mona's, 9-Volt's or Ashley's. Maybe different music plays for each person?

T-major

Smash Champion
Kirby's Final smash looks ****! I was hoping it would be his Crash power, but this is just awesome!

and I don't like the music that much... good thing Wario's theme is a shoe in (I love the song!)

falcofuku69

Smash Apprentice
although i uasually dont complain about updates, this one sucked, old old old final smash, dog crap queer music. p.s do u like my groups sig, if its not there, well then i guess ill have to try again

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Finally! A Kirby update! Yeeeees!
Okay, it's nothing "really" new, but still, yeeees!

I was hoping for kirby music, but I'm not dissapointed.
I'm probably one of the few people who actually likes the song O.o.
Yes it's weird and "arrogant meets cheery" but what the hell, don't you guys have a sense of humor?
Wario and his stage are whacky... really whacky... yes he should have whacky music too!
You can always turn it off in My Music and if you want something "cool", there's Snake and most-likely C. Falcon.

I must agree that Kirby's FS seems like the most broken FS ever though, lol, but I don't necessarily mind :-p. I main him anyway! hehe.
But really it's not like it would give me an advantage in tournament play.

I do hope for a Kirby stage update or music update soon though...

As for the freeman-dude who posted a few pages earlier. I seriously hope for him that Bowser will get his own stage with a death metal version of the Super Mario 64 bowser world theme playing on it :p (Okay, yes, my own taste in music might have something to do with it... :p)

Still! Awesome! It's Kirby! And his cullinary final smash rules! Cook Kirby FTW!

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
KIRBY's FS Rock IMO! Kirby fan like me loves this stuff! I think this FS is unblockable.

The music is good but I agree the voice is toooooooo cherry for Ashley.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't know anything about warioware, but I can see that kirby's FS looks like a lot of fun lol. I can't wait to try it out

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
It's really curious how, with every single music update, half of SWF loves it and the other half hates it. It always seems to be different people on each side of the split, too.

PBalfredo

Smash Rookie
I don't think everyone should get too worked up about the healing items from Kirby's FS. Remeber Game & Watch's Judgement move and how if you got a 7 then a food item would pop out? If you turned off food in the Item Switch, then nothing would come out when G&W got a 7 with Judgement. No guarantee, but this might also be the case with Kirby's Final Smash in Brawl.

And put me down as one of those that like the english version of Ashley's theme. It matches the up-beat remix of the song, which in turn matches the strange and energetic WarioWare level it's made for.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
We've been waiting 4 awhile!
Kirby's FS looks pretty sorry to me, does it even hurt them?
my guess it that it mildly hurts kirby's enemies, not as much as say Link's FS tho. however it throws out items that kirby can get to first and can use to his advantage

Top Bottom