• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kira! - "I will Quit UK Smash if i win at SmashGT2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
Kira, play melee... your already good at melee... you BEAT KMAN!!!

also the reason why crap peeps can beat good peeps in brawl is due to brawl being a reasonably shallow game. im not having a dig at brawl just i cant remember this happening much in melee lol

The Filth

Smash Lord
The "crap players" beating "good ones" isn't like it's being made out to be though. Fuzzy isn't awful by any stretch etc

It's mountains out of molehills.

Smudge

Smash Lord
sorry about that man, i didnt know you felt that way definetly next time though if i see you. You going to smashgt? or a monthly anytime soon?
Bit of a ballache but i'll try and make it.

It just annoyed me a little that all of the practice seemed pointless for a long time, and then you moan about other good players doing it to you.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Kira, play melee... your already good at melee... you BEAT KMAN!!!

also the reason why crap peeps can beat good peeps in brawl is due to brawl being a reasonably shallow game. im not having a dig at brawl just i cant remember this happening much in melee lol
brawl isn't all like that. What Kira meant that he was dissapointed by the good brawl players games at the London monthlies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
This is a sign to all you lot of how disgraceful brawl is. The stuff I have been speaking about in the past.
I can't believe random people come along and beat (supposably) respectable players in the community.

Isn't that a sign of your game when that happen......seriously??? Because we all know that happening in melee is next to an impossibilty while it's like a 1 out of 7 chance in brawl lol....

Kira, don't come with that (it takes too long to get good at melee) crap, you beat Kman goddam.....someone who has been playing the game for awhile now and is pretty decent in the community.

Your past that stage of 'it will take me long to get good at the game' cos you're already good. You're at that stage of you needing to just improve your overall gameplay at get even better at the game to start taken on the higher/top people.
Which tbh most of the people in the community are at that stage.

The rewards you reap in melee are large in comparison the time you input and you get a hell of alot of enjoyment playing it on a high level.
The competitive level is higher, the intensiveness is higher and the entertainment in comparison.....we ALLLL brawl's entertainment can't even compare to melee's.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
This is a sign to all you lot of how disgraceful brawl is. The stuff I have been speaking about in the past.
I can't believe random people come along and beat (supposably) respectable players in the community.

Isn't that a sign of your game when that happen......seriously??? Because we all know that happening in melee is next to an impossibilty while it's like a 1 out of 7 chance in brawl lol....

Kira, don't come with that (it takes too long to get good at melee) crap, you beat Kman goddam.....someone who has been playing the game for awhile now and is pretty decent in the community.

Your past that stage of 'it will take me long to get good at the game' cos you're already good. You're at that stage of you needing to just improve your overall gameplay at get even better at the game to start taken on the higher/top people.
Which tbh most of the people in the community are at that stage.

The rewards you reap in melee are large in comparison the time you input and you get a hell of alot of enjoyment playing it on a high level.
The competitive level is higher, the intensiveness is higher and the entertainment in comparison.....we ALLLL brawl's entertainment can't even compare to melee's.
this isn't rly true and isn't rly being fair to brawl players. I think you're just using this as an opportunity to have another go at brawl wehn instead you should just stay out of as it's none of your business. These people aren't random, it's not as if they just came in on the streets. The matches Kira mentioned were upsets and before you talk about that not happening in melee lets look at some of the upsets we've seen happen-

Tamoo beating Chrisboi
Kira beating Kman
Monty and Cheez beating Frostbyte and Chrisboi
Trio beating TC (super hit stun)

upsets happen all the time in fact if they didn't tournaments would be a lot more boring

Tamoo

Smash Master
I don't think it's an upset when i do it so consistantly :laugh:

but seriously, upsets happen occasionally, in both games
WHICH MAKES THE GAMES GREAT
Anything can happen, luck of the draw, lucky stages, shines lol
Keeps you on your toes, you cannot underestimate anybody. Upsets keep the community talking, every neutral is rooting for the underdog. Just look at leeds in the FA cup. Who the hell can stand leeds, but put them against man u and you're hardly gonna get any pleasure from hearing man u won 1-0.

If there weren't any upsets, I'd find the community quite boring, if the same people win allll the time (which happens to an extent, but not enough to dissuade me). New people coming in like your kyoshi guy and beating a well established player and ppl like dopl and willz outplacing andy, a new contender in the community, another person to beat. Make the most of it. Smash and in particular brawl, is still evolving and so much of that you will miss out on if you quit the scene.

/motivational essay

tl;dr - stick to smash man :) Upsets are good

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Tamoo are you saying I'm a new contender or did you just mean Dopl?

If you meant me I've been placing top 4 in every UK brawl tourney since my first tourney in February 09 and I've been around longer than him as well loool

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah but you haven't really been making it that big, if you've placed top 4, that was because the top 4 in the UK weren't there, that was the first time you could really say that you've broken them, having placed above andy. Im just saying you're a new challenger for kira now, you've clearly stepped up recently :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
this isn't rly true and isn't rly being fair to brawl players. I think you're just using this as an opportunity to have another go at brawl wehn instead you should just stay out of as it's none of your business. These people aren't random, it's not as if they just came in on the streets. The matches Kira mentioned were upsets and before you talk about that not happening in melee lets look at some of the upsets we've seen happen-

Tamoo beating Chrisboi
Kira beating Kman
Monty and Cheez beating Frostbyte and Chrisboi
Trio beating TC (super hit stun)

upsets happen all the time in fact if they didn't tournaments would be a lot more boring
but I'm not a top player. o_O

besides its different, i have no idea how to fight link, siri's got yoshi exp from auro.

Kone

Smash Master
yeah it is absolute crap

joe come down to Birmingham next friday for the night £8 return. i can get george over lol

If there weren't any upsets, I'd find the community quite boring, if the same people win allll the time (which happens to an extent, but not enough to dissuade me). New people coming in like your kyoshi guy and beating a well established player and ppl like dopl and willz outplacing andy, a new contender in the community, another person to beat. Make the most of it. Smash and in particular brawl, is still evolving and so much of that you will miss out on if you quit the scene.
Agreeing completely with this. Regardless of how old or deep a game is, there will ALWAYS be upsets, even if you are totally prepared for them. Kyoshi beat Siri yes, but that is not something which should even be noted. Siri plays Peach, a character who iirc, struggles to keep up a float game against Yoshi's eggs, now from what I've seen in Siri's playstyle, he floats ALOT, to even approach consistantly, which is why he is so hindered in this MU, because Yoshi shuts down HIM specifically.

It's just like how Ixis lost to Calz [Calz > Ixis], or how I keep losing to Cong [Cong > Me], the normal things we can get away in other MUS (Like Bowser on Ganon [lol] or Samus on DK) just won't work here, so we effectivly have to change so dramatically, and this is difficult since we do play characters who are piles of ****.

An edit for calzorz since he argued so much about it:
Im not saying Ixis is better then you, if you had actually taken the time out to read and understand my post, which albeit was poorly worded, rather then argueing with me for no reason at all , you would have known that I was actually COMPLIMENTING you for shutting down players options.

Basically Kira, all of the outcomes of the matches at the monthly should not have ANY negative effects on how you view the scene at this current moment in time. Although your placement is consistant, others around you will change dramatically, the metagame is still advancing and everybody is still adapting, give it some time before you even consider leaving.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
ight i wana point this out , good players losing to bad players in brawl only happens if they play bad take it too lightly so meele players stfu u dont knw **** , it rarely happens and it happend in pools to siri , no1 else meele takes longer than brawl to learn? NO i dont even touch meele and after the last monthly i beat tc's sheik in a mm 4-1 with my peache and beat yenthis 3-1 in another mm and i actually never play this game so you tell me which takes more skill , ask me there equal skill a meele player who thinks theyl auto amtically do well at brawl for being good at meele is very wrong i can gaurentee il destroy every meele player in the u.k who thinks they can brawl

pointing out that i shud not be beating these meele players who have put in hundreds of hours play and loose to a brawler who never plays meele yenthis and tc might not be 1 of the top players in u.k at meele but neither is the ones losing in brawl to worse players thats all i gota say

Aiko

Smash Champion
calz - The learning curve for peach fox is much easier for peach than fox, so im not surprised you beat yeniths. you can Dsmash and CG fox with little to no melee experience (though you do need smash experience which you obviously have), not to mention since you play brawl, you also have a reasonable idea of spacing. And where has TC placed in melee in recent tournaments?

The matter of fact is, when people lose to unknowns its down to several factors including:

level of skill
experience
learning curve of matchup for each character
level of play

I would like to stress those last 2 points since its these points most people, who have some hatred of the other game, fail to understand. The lower the level play, the more random the outcome will be. Being brutally honest yeniths and TC are both lowish level melee players. Had you played say VA or Prof's fox, there is absolutely 0 chance you would win.

I agree with the fact that a random melee player who picks up brawl will not beat you, but due to the comparatively shallow depth of brawl, I can assure you that at mid level play and lower:

more melee players who pick up brawl will beat brawl mainers than brawl players who pick up melee and beat melee mainers.

note this will only apply to mid level and below

Kasper!

Smash Lord
yoh charles, close this thread or delete it

side note: this thread can turned over a few hidden pages in the community !

Jolteon

ight i wana point this out , good players losing to bad players in brawl only happens if they play bad take it too lightly so meele players stfu u dont knw **** , it rarely happens and it happend in pools to siri , no1 else meele takes longer than brawl to learn? NO i dont even touch meele and after the last monthly i beat tc's sheik in a mm 4-1 with my peache and beat yenthis 3-1 in another mm and i actually never play this game so you tell me which takes more skill , ask me there equal skill a meele player who thinks theyl auto amtically do well at brawl for being good at meele is very wrong i can gaurentee il destroy every meele player in the u.k who thinks they can brawl

pointing out that i shud not be beating these meele players who have put in hundreds of hours play and loose to a brawler who never plays meele yenthis and tc might not be 1 of the top players in u.k at meele but neither is the ones losing in brawl to worse players thats all i gota say
lmao

why even beat up the 1 set you won when I beat you in every other single set we had over 2 nights? or did you forget the 3-0 set? I'm not even a top player and I still beat you way more than you beat me so obviously that example proves the opposite. you might not play the game but you probably had actually played peach longer than i had played sheik by then.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
alex u played me in 1 set and i got 3-0d as id never played a sheik other than that i hardly even playd u? so i re challanged u for 5 quid and i won 4-1 i aint making u look bad just a point tht meele players loose at there own game obvbiously not top meele players but top brawl players wont loose to meele players eitehr so wot every1 has been saying it doesnt happen in meele it actually doesnt happen in brawl unless u take some1 easy n end up losing

Jolteon

we had 2 mms before the 5 pound one and I played you a few times before that.

also there's a big difference in skill level vs me and siri, siri places high I don't.

i agree that top players in either game wont lose to melee/brawl players though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom