• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kira! - "I will Quit UK Smash if i win at SmashGT2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
THIS IS MOSTLY BRAWL RELATED...

Ok here goes.......

Lately i have been thinking about Smash, the smashers themselves and the future of smash in the uk and thoughout my time as a smash player have seen things both good and bad.

I have been winning tournaments in the UK (was it like the last 2 or 3 i dont know) and i feel kind of good that im winning but at the same time disapointed and has made me reflect on other stuff as well in the process.

Reasons i may quit uk smash (this does not mean ditching the game, it just means i will either stop going to uk tourneys and just go abroad alot, go to the monthlies just to help people get better or just meet people to have a laugh)

1) Friends - One of the first thoughts i have had lately. When i first started i had people like MakoMako, CCPLZ and Jamz around me (SOS), these people made smash very fun for me, the amount of laughs we had together were too much to handle lol however i made some bad decisions which may have effected the group itself and altogether it may have been my fault that this group just stopped. Either way mako and these guys made smash enjoyable, smash just doesnt feel the same anymore without these guys around

2) Other Smashers - When i hear results, i expect to hear that people who have been playing for a while to beat most people in the community (not everyone but most). However recently smashers such as cong and siri have made me reflect abit (cong losing to fuzzyness and siri losing to kyoshi), i would expect cong to beat fuzz, although he has been in previous tourneys (contradition much lol) fuzzyness doesnt have the game and should not be beating someone who has the game to pay freely at anytime he can. Another example is Siri, now heres where it starts going crazy, KYOSHI AKA KMETA DEFEATED SIRI IN THE BRACKETS, how is this possible? someone who has bad habits and uses a terrible character (no offense kmeta but its true) beats someone who has been to like at least 5 monthlies and has been in the top 5. This has lead me to believe that people in the uk are not really taking brawl seriously (BEING LAZY GAMERS) and if they are not taking brawl seriously WHY SHOULD I BOTHER ANYMORE?!? (IM NOT TRYING TO PUT DOWN ANYONE BUT IM EXPRESSING MYSELF)

An example is myself - I got knocked out by tamoo's Olimar, i was like wtf that day however i said i would learn the matchup, i learnt the matchup against cpu's lv9 and reading smashboards abit. The following tourney i beat tamoo comfortably and won the tourney (So why can peeps do the same?!?!)

3) Getting better/Future of smash in the uk/Counterpicks -(continueing abit from the 2nd reason). If this continues, people just randomly coming in, who have no tourney experience and from observation are not really good are beating regulars then i dont know why i should waste my time, like seriously >_> Im trying to better and that can only happen if i play against people who have put work into their character (sorry if that sounds selfish).

Counters lol, now this is something that angers me sometimes as well, example calzorz, Hoe4u etc. These people have counters against me but still either dont win or dont use a counter against me at all >_> i mean come on, Calzorz has Icies and hoe4u has pika who can chaingrab me to death but i dont see any of that happen :(, its depressing cause im winning but i feel people in the community are taking me for a joke or something.

Reasons why i should stay in brawl

1) people can better and beat me comfortably in time i guess

2) Dolpghost and Ixis - Now these are people who i greatly respect in the community because of the work they have put into their characters. Ixis, beating diddy kongs with bowser WTF? definetly someone who i know put in work. Dolpghost is another example of a player who i respect, although he lost to willz and calz this guy has put work into his character! the last monthly was like his 2nd tourney and he outplaced people who come to the london regulary, (I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY JOHNS ABOUT HOW I DONT GET TO PRACTICE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, CAUSE THIS GUY PRACTICES AGAINST CPU'S AND ONLINE)

so yh that its lol... also i was thinking about going to melee only but that would just take too long

so yh ima gonna say it again

IF I WIN AT SMASHGT, I WILL QUIT UK SMASH, AND GO ON FROM THERE!!

P.S MY COMBO VID WILL BE MY FIRST AND LAST IF I WIN (THINK OF IT LIKE MY HIGHLIGHTED EXIT LOL)

PEACE....

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Kyoshi vs siri was pools lol, and I think Siri learned a valuable lesson from it to not take anyone lightly so I dont see it as a bad thing at all.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Hey I stepped it up where's my mention lol

also ill let you win smash gt2 so I can become best falco in UK!!!!

(but srsly kira dont quit we <3 u no homo!)

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...

I could write a stupidly long post here, but I think it would be easier if I said most of it on msn.
I'll just put a few things here to give you some thought:

1) Don't give up on something if you enjoy.
2) If you quit and only give a fraction of what you can do, are you any better than the people you think are being lazy gamers?
3) You know there are still people who can give you enough of a challenge, even if you win consistantly it doesn't stop you from getting that drive.
4) It's never too late to find more people to play with regularly.
5) IF you should quit brawl, don't give up on playing melee just because "it will take too long".
6) MM at GT2?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you should stick with melee. when you beat someone better, its usually well deserved.
This.

That's disgraceful about random people beating people who train at the game.

I know this might just sound like me being me.....but it's actually the truth when I say that would NEVER happen in melee.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yo kira I do care about improving even if I don't own the game.

hence I took up meta, trying to get that char that suits me and gets me even further

along with that gay rob I have :)

The Filth

Smash Lord
Fuzzy plays a whole load of fighters at a high level, or so im led to believe. This gives him a better understanding of spacing etc, more perspectives and such. This gives him a natural skill at any fighter he'd pick up so don't take him to lightly.

And I understand about the friends thing. I'm the only northwest player still playing man, my whole REGION died as opposed to just my group =[

I've thought about quitting and all myself, but that was when things were a little samey. Now theres people stepping up, and other communities coming into it/ starting up again.

Still, your choice. if you're not feeling it anymore then I say quit.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
think about it this way if u stick in brawl, someone may come along and it might inspire them to try and get to a point where you get knock of your number 1 spot. Simply enough i would say just dont play it as much until people catch you up and focus on melee man, cause without major practise people dnt g anywhere in this game.

cong

Smash Journeyman
lols you ant placing first :):):):), wanted to point out, i ant ever losing to fuzzy again.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Interesting Post Kira, and yes its true us Brawlers arnet putting enough time into Brawl, aka myself, i played melee for like a full month and hardly touched Brawl, just because i knew at the time i was at a high enough level to compete or ebat every smasher in the UK. After my tourney placing 5th at London, has made me realise i need to play more Brawl again, which i am currently doing.

What JJlinyard says is basically what i did, just go play Melee and wait for someone to beat u in a tournament (unfortunatly we have never met in brackets), then when someone beats u, u know tis the time to step, and whiel u were away playign Brawl u shoulda became alot better at Melee.

I do understand what ur saying though.

Ohh yeah also ur not gonna win SmashGT cuz im gonna win this time.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
oh dang iv lost respect for you , quit because uv won 2 in a row? u making me laugh every game me vs u had was last stock high % and u say u dont get a challange? i have a counter iceys sure but why would i want to win by cging ur falco when falco cant really do anything and id wud be a 3 stock at lowest a 2 stock , i use snake because i enjoy using him , win or loose i improve in the ****ed up matchup each time , looks like ima have to beat u and knock u of ur high horse then

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
oh dang iv lost respect for you , quit because uv won 2 in a row? u making me laugh every game me vs u had was last stock high % and u say u dont get a challange? i have a counter iceys sure but why would i want to win by cging ur falco when falco cant really do anything and id wud be a 3 stock at lowest a 2 stock , i use snake because i enjoy using him , win or loose i improve in the ****ed up matchup each time , looks like ima have to beat u and knock u of ur high horse then

I think you don't understand much ICs vs falco if you think that you would 2/3 stock him when you lose with snake ._.

Sorry if this doesn't concern me but Kira is a cool guy and I hope he wins that tournament but he should keep attending tournaments, you'll need to win a lot more tournaments in a row before you can say there's no challange.

btw some people choke at times, I've lost to a falcon, Ramin has lost to a Mario, no one is perfect and able to play at his best always, I usually get mad as well when sometimes the winner of a match is not the one who I think that deserved it but a lot of times their problem is nerves, chocking, etc. not just that they weren't good enough. as a top player in your region you're actually the one who can help the others to get better and you'll have more of a challenge in tournaments ^^

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Dam straight Marcbri couldnt agree with u more about people choking in tournaments, i cant remember when u chocked vs Mako Kira, icies are are pleasent sight to see.

Kira you know what I'll do to stop you from winning ^^.

Joking aside, what do you mean by "go on from there"? Go to more international tournaments? I thought you already did that. You moving on from the UK smash scene is basically slapping everybody in the face who has ever lost to you. With that reason in mind, I now KNOW you won't win SmashGT, purely because you just don't want to.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
hmmm

:bee:

1.seems that your only unhappy with brawl (kira)
2. fuzzyness lives to make smashers frown lol
3. mako / ccplz is the only reason why i started playing alot more brawl its lame that theyre gone
4.calzorz is post is lol ( i have played congs brother worst match ever grab = your ***)
5. i guess i could play more brawl to bring a challenge to the tip tee community hall :)
6.whens the next fest :p

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
All im point out on this now is:

Fuzzyness wins Melee everytime at the ranbat, or wherever else he travels in the UK, but you do no see him thinking about quitting cuz of constant ease every tourney. Just play a lower tier character like Fuzz does in Melee, then beat us with him mwuauauaua.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lol Edwin the same applies for me, i Main Marth in Melee, but yeah i guess Falcon is really good, but Charles did lower himself in the tier list instead of CP'ing, so doin somin like him would be a good choice.

AND YES EDWIN MARTH COMBOS THE **** OUTA MARTH I HATE IT.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i have no further comment on this topic i just think kira is making himself seem that hes better than the rest of us when he knows me n trio are on his level for sure

Kasper!

Smash Lord
2) If you quit and only give a fraction of what you can do, are you any better than the people you think are being lazy gamers?
I dont think i can ever be regarded as a lazy gamer, ive built myself from the ground up plus it wont be me being lazy as i would still be going to international tourneys and helping people here and there when they need it unlike a lazy gamer who wouldnt do anything lol

YOU COPPED OUT AND WENT META ON ME THOUGH!!!
Ah definetly true, totally forgot about that lol Falco vs Olimar SmashGT?

lol, LoL, LOL, LMFAO

ok first calm down calz take a breather haha. The matter of you losing respect for me hasnt changed anything tbh, you respected me and prob that respect caused you to go soft on me or something. To a real smasher "I wanna win this tourney" is going through their minds
, yes we make friends along the way and have good times but thats everyone's goal or hidden goal if they are in denial, Also the critics could say "but erm dolpghost was soooooo close to beating willz" bla de bla bla but at the end of the day it didnt happen. also i have won 2 tourney's in a row but my main agenda is WHY IS THAT HAPPENENING WHEN ICIES AND PIKA EXIST!! and yes we all know you love using snake and that your improving (thats why i didnt mention people like you in that "other smashers" paragraph cause you have improved and it shows in your placements.). High horse? is that for someone who is being cocky or something? (EVERYONE KNOWS IM NOT COCKY), mostly likely for someone thats winning though.

Kira you know what I'll do to stop you from winning ^^.

Joking aside, what do you mean by "go on from there"? Go to more international tournaments? I thought you already did that. You moving on from the UK smash scene is basically slapping everybody in the face who has ever lost to you. With that reason in mind, I now KNOW you won't win SmashGT, purely because you just don't want to.
loool no KJ dont tamper with my controller or anything lol. yes go to more internationals instead of monthlies and nah i dont see me leaving just slapping them in the face, i think of it more like a wakeup call to peeps.

:bee:

1.seems that your only unhappy with brawl (kira)

Kira!- yes im only unhappy with brawl

2. fuzzyness lives to make smashers frown lol

Kira!- Yes, we all know spikeyness's movements by now (GET ***** FUZZ LOL)

3. mako / ccplz is the only reason why i started playing alot more brawl its lame that theyre gone

Kira!- definetly lame that they are gone

4.calzorz is post is lol ( i have played congs brother worst match ever grab = your ***)

Kira!- yeah he post was funny, i could sense the rage!!

5. i guess i could play more brawl to bring a challenge to the tip tee community hall :)

Kira!- shame you decide this now huh

6.whens the next fest :p

Kira!-SmashGT you know and the next fest i dont know

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Man, don't quit :/

You could help me step my game up sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much you know. ex-meta mainer and current meta mainer.... you could teach me a lot man :/

and if you quit playing smash, how will that happen? I was like "whoa, holy crap, it's Kira!" when calz first told me who you were at the monthly ... god****, I was looking forward to having some friendlies so you could a) sandbag me and b) help me improve.

I know calz does that too but playing more people helps. people play differently, plus you know MK better. :bee:

don't quit man. just because your friends did or w/e doesn't mean you should. find new friends and keep going. the one person I can easily play on brawl sucks *** but does that mean it makes me want to quit? nope. I keep playing.

Plus, easy money. ;) money money money. mhm mhm.

</K.Mac post>

btw, I never did shoutouts for london, so I never got to say this but WHAT THE HELL, YOUR HYPE FOR ME IN SHOUTOUTS MADE MY MONTH XDDDDD that stuff's too epic.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Also the critics could say "but erm dolpghost was soooooo close to beating willz" bla de bla bla but at the end of the day it didnt happen.
Although he did beat me in a close game in pools (dumb best of 1 wtf is that ****). Also, what Kira said. People keep bringing up that Dopl outplayed me in the winners semi but at the end of the day I won that set and he didn't. All the games were extremely close and in the final game I believe he had 2 stocks left and I was on my last and was high percentage and I managed to bring it back and Dopls the only one who gave me respect for that. So shush :p

Smudge

Smash Lord
And I understand about the friends thing. I'm the only northwest player still playing man, my whole REGION died as opposed to just my group =[
You obviously haven't been TALKING to the NW lot a great deal then, there's a few things I could tell you via MSN that might interest you

As Kira quiting goes, If he quits, he quits.

I don't have any sympathy, nor am I going to try and stop you, you're a great guy man, although we only played once, it was a cracking match, but tell me this.

You complain about Calz and other having counter picks taht they can use to **** me.

Yet how come when we played, you only went MK against me, when you had that Falco in your Arsenal? I'm a D3 player, I got as much practise as I could, learned that match up as much as I can knowing you were going to be that and you pulled that stunt?

I'd like to know why you complain about others when you pulld the same trick.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
As Kira quiting goes, If he quits, he quits.

I don't have any sympathy, nor am I going to try and stop you, you're a great guy man, although we only played once, it was a cracking match, but tell me this.

You complain about Calz and other having counter picks taht they can use to **** me.

Yet how come when we played, you only went MK against me, when you had that Falco in your Arsenal? I'm a D3 player, I got as much practise as I could, learned that match up as much as I can knowing you were going to be that and you pulled that stunt?

I'd like to know why you complain about others when you pulld the same trick.
A 60:40 counter is enough for me tbh but yh i can see where your coming though, who knows why i didnt go falco, was a long time ago haha xD

and thanks for the compliment

kira you can complain about me when I beat you with metaknight
Ill just scream OBJECTION!!

Kasper!

Smash Lord
But why go with the 60:40 when you could have gone with the 70:30

Also, I wanted to learn to improve my game, I felt a little cheapened to be honest.
sorry about that man, i didnt know you felt that way definetly next time though if i see you. You going to smashgt? or a monthly anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom