• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Unofficial P:M 3.01 Alt GFX! Ice/Fire Mario Updated to v3.01 and Mega Charizard X.

Shadow Pikachu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Mewtwo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Don't know if it makes sense for his attacks:

We know the old fire Version of Yoshi
and another fire Version from Mario Galaxy 2 when Yoshi eats a red dash papper
I think you misunderstood the intent of the thread. He's adding effects to preexisting attacks, not creating new attacks, and not changing how the characters play. They're purely visual alterations. Consider your requests by these definitions and you might have more luck.

I'd love to see something new for Yoshi, but in terms of the GFX that King Puff is working with, I don't see anything canonically that makes sense.

One thing that might be neat though, would be changing the effects of Mewtwo's Shadow Claw (Side-B) depending on it's color. I could imagine the Red Mewtwo using it with a fire effect. It would carry the same animation, but considering Mewtwo can also learn Fire Punch as well as the other elemental punches, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch. Blue Mewtwo could have ice effects for Ice Punch, and Green could have electric effects for Thunder Punch. It's just a thought though. I'm unaware if Shadow Claw would be subject to the "No changing articles" rule that probably haunts people who want Dr. Luigi throwing pills.

As for the animation not looking like a punch. Well you've got me there, but a little imagination goes a long way.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Oh crap you're right. It is fair. I just woke up and have started another long exhausting day of looping brstms so my head is a little loopy already.
That reminds me, I gotta work on some .brstm's too. It sucks that a lot of people on the vault don't put in work to loop their music correctly so I have to go outta my way to make my own.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Mewtwo Shadow Claw alt effects would certainly be possible.
When I wasn't thinking it was possible, I was thinking it was his side-B for some stupid reason. It'd certainly be cool to see it, but you've got a lot on your plate for this project anyways. If you should decide to do it, that'd be cool, but no hurry.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I think you should look into cupid pit if you can add heart effects. Maybe you could use something else for the sfx?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I was thinking. With how "Alt Fever" has sprung on the Customized Content forum. Perhaps it would be a good idea to change the name of your thread to be more accurate. It seems to attract people purely based upon it's title which ends up misleading them into thinking that you're actually designing brand new costumes or something of that nature. Perhaps something like "Unofficial P:M 3.0 Alt Graphics" might hammer the actual idea that you're working on, so you have less spam for things that you aren't doing and more ideas for things that you are doing.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I was thinking. With how "Alt Fever" has sprung on the Customized Content forum. Perhaps it would be a good idea to change the name of your thread to be more accurate. It seems to attract people purely based upon it's title which ends up misleading them into thinking that you're actually designing brand new costumes or something of that nature. Perhaps something like "Unofficial P:M 3.0 Alt Graphics" might hammer the actual idea that you're working on, so you have less spam for things that you aren't doing and more ideas for things that you are doing.
That's a good suggestion.

I'll change the title now. xp

Edit:

Dark Bowser/Giga Bowser previews.

All I need to do is add a Melee SFX Version, and compatibility with my Dry Bowser alt.

Last edited:

VyseTheQuick

Smash Rookie
This is going to be the only thing that tears me away from Kingdom Hearts 1.5. As usual excellent work KJP.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Elemental Mewtwo Previews! \o0o/

Fire.

Electric.

Ice.

Version 1: Elemental effects on Jab, Dash Attack, Forward Smash, Up Smash, Down Smash, and Forward Air.

Version 2: Elemental effects on Forward Air.

Expect this to be released once KC:MM Forums is up an running again. But if it they're not up soon, then I'll just post the DropBox link.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Cool!
Mewtwo is awsome.

Will you ever post about how to do these?

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Are the forward and back throws going to be changed to have the specific element types accordingly?

VyseTheQuick

Smash Rookie
Those Mewtwo alts look really impressive. Did you ever think of doing something to the PM 3.0 Mega Mewtwo Y mod? It was done by Nano and some others I think. The model has a size mod and it's pretty slick. I would link it if BV wasn't on the fritz.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Those Mewtwo alts look really impressive. Did you ever think of doing something to the PM 3.0 Mega Mewtwo Y mod? It was done by Nano and some others I think. The model has a size mod and it's pretty slick. I would link it if BV wasn't on the fritz.
There wouldn't be anything I could do GFX-wise. The only thing I could do is do is a "Mini-PSA".

VyseTheQuick

Smash Rookie
There wouldn't be anything I could do GFX-wise. The only thing I could do is do is a "Mini-PSA".
No biggie. Mega Mewtwo Y is a great costume on it's own. I'll now have Fire, Ice, Electric, Armored, and Mega Mewtwo Y. These crazy awesome mods get me so hyped.

Could you do a version of Zelda where she uses Din's fire for her A attacks instead of electricity? I feel like that could look pretty cool on some of her moves like the neutral air where she spins for multiple hits.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Could you do a version of Zelda where she uses Din's fire for her A attacks instead of electricity? I feel like that could look pretty cool on some of her moves like the neutral air where she spins for multiple hits.
Possibly.

I might make it for her red slot.

Top Bottom