• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 4

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don’t think you have to have the likeness of the actors that played the characters in the movies. They can always base the worlds more on their comic and cartoon designs. I don’t think Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a terribly high budget game but still had all of the Avengers plus a ton of other Marvel characters including the X-Men, Venom, and Deadpool, which have their own licensing challenges. I don’t think there would be an issue in a much higher budget game like Kingdom Hearts.
in fairness people do keep saying the MCU where youd probably have to use their likenesses. plus i was including eddie murphy and dwayne johnson in that, i find it hard to believe they wouldnt cost a fair bit

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so i had strange idea for KH scenario yesterday for a princess and the frog world

Sora and co accompany Tiana and co through the swamp similar to the film. however the scene with the frog hunters is replaced with an encounter with Quina Quin from ff9 another chef who is fond of eating frogs. Sora chased Quina away but they return later on when Tiana is cooking. Quina reveals that they're from radiant garden or twilight town and that they're traveling to study cooking. Quina then joins the party through the swamp, meeting mama Odie and battling Dr Facelier. after Tiana and Naveen are restored Quina says they're going to stay a while and learn some cooking from Tiana.

alternatively after the first meeting Quina is not seen again and leaves behind an item that allows Sora to summon them

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just to get into the festive spirit of Christmas, anyone remember Mickey's Christmas Carol?

Here is a story concept and idea (even though its not the best) I had if they ever do put a Mickey's Christmas Carol universe in Kingdom Hearts:

Sora, Donald and Goofy ended up working under Ebenezer Scrooge who like the adaption is a greedy miser who despises anything associated with Christmas. The gang could see Ebenezer's temper flare up whenever anyone mentioned the term "Christmas." At the same time, they met Bob Cratchet, an employee who works under Scrooge along with Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockheart who were both hired by Ebenezer Scrooge to work as couriers (similar to Advent Children.)

After the three were docked half a day's pay so that they can spend the Christmas Day off, Sora and the gang felt really sorry to the three and decided to assist Cratchet, Cloud and Tifa with a variety of objectives and tasks which include delivering packages and help Cratchet out. Soon, they learned a lot more about Ebenezer's past from Cratchet and the townspeople. Later in the evening, they could see Ebenezer Scrooge frantically running away from the heartless who seem to be a primary target in which Sora and the gang were able to annihilate.

When asked about why the heartless were pursuing him, Scrooge heard a strange voice that sounded like Jacob Marley (his former employee who is deceased) warning him about three spirits that will come to punish him for his greedy ways during the evening. Frightened, he requested Sora and the gang to stay at his home to act as his bodyguards in which although hesitant, decided to help Scrooge for the night.

As evening struck, the Ghost of Christmas Past (Jiminy Cricket) and Ghost of Christmas Present (Willie the Giant) showed up and took Scrooge along with Sora and the gang to revisited his past and present life which all of a sudden the heartless began to show up and wreak chaos amongst the events in which were defeated. They then met the Ghost of Christmas Future and after viewing the events on what occured, where they found out that Marley's voice was nothing but a ruse setted up by no-one other than Pete who was the culprit behind the scenes. Pete then summoned a giant fiery heartless monster to support him in the final battle.

After a long fought battle in which Sora and the gang were victorious and saving Scrooge who was almost taken in by the fiery depths of his own grave (similar to the animated feature), they then see a path of light shining ahead in which Scrooge, Sora and the gang walked through. By then, all of them woke up and realised that it was Christmas morning and everyone were in to the festive spirit which included Scrooge who vowed to make amends. Sora and the gang assisted Scrooge by donating presents to the poor. After accomplishing all the tasks, they then went to visit Cratchet's house and together celebrated Christmas.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Just to get into the festive spirit of Christmas, anyone remember Mickey's Christmas Carol?

Here is a story concept and idea (even though its not the best) I had if they ever do put a Mickey's Christmas Carol universe in Kingdom Hearts:

Sora, Donald and Goofy ended up working under Ebenezer Scrooge who like the adaption is a greedy miser who despises anything associated with Christmas. The gang could see Ebenezer's temper flare up whenever anyone mentioned the term "Christmas." At the same time, they met Bob Cratchet, an employee who works under Scrooge along with Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockheart who were both hired by Ebenezer Scrooge to work as couriers (similar to Advent Children.)

After the three were docked half a day's pay so that they can spend the Christmas Day off, Sora and the gang felt really sorry to the three and decided to assist Cratchet, Cloud and Tifa with a variety of objectives and tasks which include delivering packages and help Cratchet out. Soon, they learned a lot more about Ebenezer's past from Cratchet and the townspeople. Later in the evening, they could see Ebenezer Scrooge frantically running away from the heartless who seem to be a primary target in which Sora and the gang were able to annihilate.

When asked about why the heartless were pursuing him, Scrooge heard a strange voice that sounded like Jacob Marley (his former employee who is deceased) warning him about three spirits that will come to punish him for his greedy ways during the evening. Frightened, he requested Sora and the gang to stay at his home to act as his bodyguards in which although hesitant, decided to help Scrooge for the night.

As evening struck, the Ghost of Christmas Past (Jiminy Cricket) and Ghost of Christmas Present (Willie the Giant) showed up and took Scrooge along with Sora and the gang to revisited his past and present life which all of a sudden the heartless began to show up and wreak chaos amongst the events in which were defeated. They then met the Ghost of Christmas Future and after viewing the events on what occured, where they found out that Marley's voice was nothing but a ruse setted up by no-one other than Pete who was the culprit behind the scenes. Pete then summoned a giant fiery heartless monster to support him in the final battle.

After a long fought battle in which Sora and the gang were victorious and saving Scrooge who was almost taken in by the fiery depths of his own grave (similar to the animated feature), they then see a path of light shining ahead in which Scrooge, Sora and the gang walked through. By then, all of them woke up and realised that it was Christmas morning and everyone were in to the festive spirit which included Scrooge who vowed to make amends. Sora and the gang assisted Scrooge by donating presents to the poor. After accomplishing all the tasks, they then went to visit Cratchet's house and together celebrated Christmas.
hang on are you suggesting an original version mixed with characters from mickey's chritmas carol?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
While I'm still curious to see where they take things in 4, I can't say I'm too excited either. 3 was a major letdown on so many fronts, it kind of killed most enthusiasm I had for the future of the series. At this point though I'm too far in, there's no getting off Nomura's crazy ride.

I guess my other issue is Disney as a whole. It's been a good decade since I liked anything they've put out (film wise.) Granted, there's a good number of films I missed so I still need to catch up on those.

Otherwise as far as worlds go, I think a Jungle Book world is overdue. Especially with Tarzan out of the picture, it'd be a good fit for a new jungle level.

I'd also like to see worlds based on The Emperor's New Groove and 101 Dalmatians.

Star Wars and Marvel have potential, but I don't have faith in Disney/Marvel to not meddle too much.

Aside from that I actually want more old worlds. I want to see what Halloween Town, Wonderland, Enchanted Dominion, etc. can bring to the table/look like on modern hardware.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
While I'm still curious to see where they take things in 4, I can't say I'm too excited either. 3 was a major letdown on so many fronts, it kind of killed most enthusiasm I had for the future of the series. At this point though I'm too far in, there's no getting off Nomura's crazy ride.

I guess my other issue is Disney as a whole. It's been a good decade since I liked anything they've put out (film wise.) Granted, there's a good number of films I missed so I still need to catch up on those.

Otherwise as far as worlds go, I think a Jungle Book world is overdue. Especially with Tarzan out of the picture, it'd be a good fit for a new jungle level.

I'd also like to see worlds based on The Emperor's New Groove and 101 Dalmatians.

Star Wars and Marvel have potential, but I don't have faith in Disney/Marvel to not meddle too much.

Aside from that I actually want more old worlds. I want to see what Halloween Town, Wonderland, Enchanted Dominion, etc. can bring to the table/look like on modern hardware.
not to mention we nearly had a jungle book world once.

which of the recent ones haven’t you seen? I may be able to offer a recommendation or two

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
not to mention we nearly had a jungle book world once.

which of the recent ones haven’t you seen? I may be able to offer a recommendation or two
I haven't seen Coco, Moana, Wish, Encanto, Turning Red, Zootopia, Lightyear, Soul, TS4 or that other space one. I don't remember the name.

I was going to get to Moana, Coco, Soul and TS4 on my own but I've been recommended Zootopia enough that I'll probably give it a watch too.

I've zero interest/no intention of watching Lightyear or Wish.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I haven't seen Coco, Moana, Wish, Encanto, Turning Red, Zootopia, Lightyear, Soul, TS4 or that other space one. I don't remember the name.

I was going to get to Moana, Coco, Soul and TS4 on my own but I've been recommended Zootopia enough that I'll probably give it a watch too.

I've zero interest/no intention of watching Lightyear or Wish.
well moana and coco are both films I would highly recommend. Soul is worth a watch but you can skip TS4. Zootropolis(pia) is also a great film. Encanto I thought was amazing. The other space one, strange world is ok but you can skip it no bother. Lightyear wasn’t bad but it’s easily missable. Turning red is the worst Pixar film I’ve ever seen

and I liked wish but given how badly it’s been doing I don’t blame you for not watching it

D

Deleted member

what, baymax?
Master Shifu is from Dreamworks silly :p
Oh, for the love of...I was talking about Meilin Lee from "Turning Red"!

You know, the Pixar movie that came out last year, which sparked my newfound interest in Asian culture, and is why I'm studying how to speak Japanese (despite her being Chinese) and is also why my persona is a half-human, half-kitsune creature with fire powers (as Mei originally had fire powers as well whenever she got angry)?

And right now, that movie (along with Soul and Luca) are getting theatrical releases in the US in the next 3 months, which is huge for me because I've seen every Pixar movie in theaters since "Toy Story" except for those three after the pandemic hit and forced them onto Disney+.

Literally, when the trailer announcing their proper big-screen releases was released last week, I actually cried tears of joy!

Hold on, aren't we talking about Kingdom Hearts IV right now?

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, for the love of...I was talking about Meilin Lee from "Turning Red"!

You know, the Pixar movie that came out last year, which sparked my newfound interest in Asian culture, and is why I'm studying how to speak Japanese (despite her being Chinese)?

And right now, that movie (along with Soul and Luca) are getting theatrical releases in the US in the next 3 months, which is huge for me because I've seen every Pixar movie in theaters since "Toy Story" except for those three after the pandemic hit and forced them onto Disney+.

Literally, when the trailer announcing their proper big-screen releases was released last week, I actually cried tears of joy!

Hold on, aren't we talking about Kingdom Hearts IV right now?
i take it you didn't see my other post where i called it pixar's worst film

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Most wanted worlds for KH4:
-Treasure Planet
-Jungle Cruise
-The Madrigal House from Encanto
-The ocean from Moana (Vaiana in my country)
-Avengers 1/Something MCU-related
-Disney Afternoon/Ducktales Reboot
-High School Musical as something similar to Atlántica in KH2

Top Bottom