• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the Couch - 9.29.07 - @ Devry University - Philly, PA: UPDATE CHECK 1st POST!

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
KING OF THE COUCH TOURNAMENTS
For more info on this or other events check www.NJHALO.com

• PLACE & DATE
Saturday, September 29th, 2007

Devry University
Ft. Washington Campus
1140 Virginia Dr.
Ft. Washington, PA 19034
  • SSBM 1v1 TOURNAMENT INFO
ENTRANCE FEE....$15 per player

PAYOUTS

1st...$400 cash + Sponsored prizes*
2nd...Sponsored prizes*

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

Doors open @ 8 AM
Signups open @ 8 AM - 9 AM**
SSBM 1v1 Tournament starts between 9 AM and 10 AM
Tournament is scheduled to end by 4PM

TOURNAMENT RULES

~ Double elimination brackets
~ Three (3) stock
~ Six (6) minute time limit
~ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals and semi-finals are best of five (5) matches
~ Players have 1 minute to select a character, after which point it will revert to DOUBLE BLIND PICK. After the first game is played, the winning player may elect to change characters followed by the losing player. This pattern continues for all of the following matches.
~ All stages will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players.
~ The same stage cannot be played twice during a set.
~ Tie Breaker Rule - Ties will be determined by SUDDEN DEATH
~ Random Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, DK64, Corneria
~ Each player is allowed to STRIKE (ban) a stage from the random list for the duration of each set. DO NOT REMOVE THE STAGE FROM THE RANDOM STAGE LIST< JUST QUIT THE MACTH!
~ Items will be turned OFF
~ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the beginning NO MATTER WHAT!
~ Glitches used hat stop your opponent from controlling their character, freezing the match, or in some way distort the physics of the game are banned. Using them will result in the IMMEDIATE forfeit of the match.
~ Stalling tactics of any kind are BANNED. You may use these techniques to return to the stage ONLY. Using a stalling glitch/tactic to indefinately stall a match will result in an immediate forfiet.
~ Nintendo Standard WIRED controllers only. BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK!! Anyone caught using a modded controller will be disqualified.
~ All rules are subject to change and will be fully enforced by tournaments officials. Officials will be on the floor available for assistance at anytime.

*All prizes are subject to change at anytime. Prizes will be 50% of funds brought in if less than 54 players enter.
**Players arriving late will NOT be permitted to enter the 1v1 Tournament.

• A Message from the suicide fox
We're back and bigger than ever! This is KOTC's first East Coast event in over a year. We are also planning a HUGE amateur tournament for October. More info on that in a few days (and in a new post).

This event is being sponsored by Devry University and will be the first of many new KOTC events to come.

Grab your Gamecube controllers guys... Melee is still alive and kickin'

... but just wait until you see what we have planned for Brawl!

Peace

UPDATE:

Entry fee has lowered to $15. Payouts have changed slightly, however cash payouts are still based on attendance. If we have a full bracket (or more) the cash payouts may increase.

Also Wavebirds are now permitted, but be aware you are responsible for any wireless malfunctions that may occur.

If you have questions feel free to send a email to thesuicidefox@hotmail.com(KOTC SMASH as the subject title)
OR
send an AOL instant message to TheSuicideFox​

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
As of now there is no OFFICIAL team tournament. However, I was planning to run a small $2-$5 winner take all event for teams if time permits.

Also take note this tournament will follow a basic amateur format, as will following KOTC events.

All are welcome and I hope to see some old and new faces at the event.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
You came out of nowhere, Mr. Joe Fox.

Now that you're back, I'd like to discuss some things with you. Let's meet up sometime.

Edit: Oh wow, this is in PA? It looks to be about an hour away from me.

Are your tournaments going to be based in PA from now on?

JFox

Smash Hero
Its amazing how things have changed since the days of KOTC. Remember the KOTC crew? lol

It would be great if KOTC and the NJ community could be re-united once again.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Yea I didn't realize that WoZ, but even if I did the date was set by Devry so not much we can do to change it.

Our next event will be a colossal (sp?) 2000+ player tournament for over 10 games on each of the current and next gen systems. As of now the date is set to be Oct 6th, but all other information is still pending over the next few days.

It would be great if you guys could come out on the 29th but if not that would be ok.

Peace for now!

Cort

Apple Head
2000 yeah right

you realize major smash tourneys have like barely over or around 200 players right

edit - this is m2k

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Cort said:
2000 yeah right

you realize major smash tourneys have like barely over or around 200 players right

edit - this is m2k
It's 2,000 people for 10 different games.

And wholy **** kotc is back!

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
2000+ people for 10 different games, in an ARENA, fully sponsored by Devry, Soveriegn Bank, and Gamestop, plus we are marketing heavily through 3 different radio networks, dozens of newspapers, and even in all EC Gamestop stores. So yea 2000+ players

BTW The Rhode Island event we ran last November drew over 1500 players for only 5 games, and it was barely advertised. So :p

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
.....3 Stock?

hahahahahha oh my god I just noticed where this thing is being held, its 4 minutes drive away from my house. This is awesome, yea im definitly going to this

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
WOw, old school SHlT right here.
But dayum man, its conflicting with our tourney. Why must you do this to us? we announced ours like a month ago. QUIT LIFE

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
WOw, old school SHlT right here.
But dayum man, its conflicting with our tourney. Why must you do this to us? we announced ours like a month ago. QUIT LIFE
The timing of the event was heavily dependant on the HALO 3 release. We all would like to maximize attendance but unfortunately, we had to take this date. Very sorry for the date conflict, I truly wish that they were two seperate dates. :(

-Rod

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
For those of you wondering, the current stock/time is set to 3/6mins due to time restraints. However, as we get closer to the event we may officially change the rules to a more standard 5/8 min and perhaps a few other things. Also, depending on the attendence we may add in a 2v2 tourney as well (small, like $5 to enter, winner take all) and maybe a few other side events if time allows. More info when I get it, but until then the official rules stand.

And BTW Metroid Prime 3 rox my sox

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Same day as Zenith huh? I'm really interested to go to one of these in the future. Felt like I joined the scene right after these ended and NJ smashers won't shut up bout their KOTC old days.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Man, I wish this weren't capped/on the same weekend as SCC. that first post almost deserves the sticky alone.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
The suicide fox is a tool. END OF STORY.
An the Empire is a bunch of pro-snobs who THINK they are good and THINK they are important but aren't. Hey what was the turnout of you last smash event? 50? 60?

OK mine was 200
So if you nothing to contribute or anything positive to say stay out of my topics.

thank you :)

Top Bottom