• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the Couch - 9.29.07 - @ Devry University - Philly, PA: UPDATE CHECK 1st POST!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
An the Empire is a bunch of pro-snobs who THINK they are good and THINK they are important but aren't. Hey what was the turnout of you last smash event? 50? 60?

OK mine was 200
So if you nothing to contribute or anything positive to say stay out of my topics.

thank you :)
3 stocked and not 4 cause of 1 suicide, dyyyaaaammmnnn!!

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
I remember my first KOTC...2 years ago lol. I will deff be there.

BTW: Will this run the same time as Halo3 2v2's?

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
ALl tournaments run roughly the same time. However if you want to play in more than 1 event you are more than welcome to, just be sure to inform officials for each tournament.

4 Days!!!

I hope you all bring your A Game

And BTW Halo 3 rocks!

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
UPDATE:

Entry fee has lowered to $15. The payouts have also been slightly tweaked, but since they are still based on paid participants if we have a full bracket the cash payouts may increase over the stated amount.

Also wavebirds are allowed, but TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! If your batteries die in the middle of a match, or your friends cell phone interferes with your signal and you jump off the map OH WELL.

See y'all on Saturday

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE:

Entry fee has lowered to $15. The payouts have also been slightly tweaked, but since they are still based on paid participants if we have a full bracket the cash payouts may increase over the stated amount.

Also wavebirds are allowed, but TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! If your batteries die in the middle of a match, or your friends cell phone interferes with your signal and you jump off the map OH WELL.

See y'all on Saturday
Thats kind of weak that they are only based on paid participants. Meaning if 6 people did show up that 1st place would probaly only make like 15 bucks.
What I really want to know is what is the deal with putting 400 dollars down for 1st place if that isn't guaranteed at all. I'd really like to come out to philly and play in this tournament but with only 4 pages on this thread there really isnt enough guarantee that people will really show up for this unless you can give me some.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Even if only 6 people show up, some of the prizes offered are things like new controllers, an Xbox 360, games, and GamerGraffix skins. So if only 6 people show up (which I doubt bc we have been heavily promoting OUTSIDE the underground smash scene) you could still walk away with like $200 in games, or even a new Xbox 360. No bad for paying $15 bucks and defeating no more than 5 players.

In past events, our average turnout was around 35 players. We have radio ads, flyers and/or posters in nearly every Gamestop store from NYC all the way down to Delaware, and I was at my local Gamestop on Monday night to pick up my copies of Halo 3, I gave out nearly 300 flyers, and about 1/3 were psyched to see a smash tourny (and FYI all 300 were psyched for the Halo 3 tourny as well, but what else would they be on line at 9 PM for?)

BTW did you guys check out the website? www.KingoftheCouch.com

Goto the Gallery page and check out our Rhode Island event last November. That was with less than a third of the promotion we have done for our new events, and we brought in over 1500 players, 240 of which played smash.

So even if no one from SWF shows up, we will likely have a full, or near full bracket.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
THis looks ****in amazing. I'm definitly gonna take in everything and not just smash. I wanna have an amazing time outside of smash at this place.

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
There are times in life when people must make choices. Use your better judgement on this issue, we are very excited, we are energized and we are most of all POSITIVE.

We are really hyped for Brawl coming out but we want to give Melee a nice send off! See you guys at the event.

-Rod

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Another update. I forgot to change the time

DOORS OPEN AT 8 AM TOURNAMENTS START BETWEEN 9 AM and 10 AM (depending on attendence)

Make sure you guys read the first post

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Another update. I forgot to change the time

DOORS OPEN AT 8 AM TOURNAMENTS START BETWEEN 9 AM and 10 AM (depending on attendence)

Make sure you guys read the first post

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Eggm, dude your a beast and I enjoyed playing every match with you man. Next time we meet ill get more technical. you taught me a lot bro, falco dittos 4 LIFE!!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Eggm, dude your a beast and I enjoyed playing every match with you man. Next time we meet ill get more technical. you taught me a lot bro, falco dittos 4 LIFE!!
Heh, thanks man good to hear falco dittos are really fun. xDD

Yeah cheezit, you rightfully got 5th, stupid buy backs. I had to wait like 3 hours between winners finals and grand finals cause of that crap. ><

Eggm

Smash Hero
NY's too much of a pain in the *** to get to, and since treble was sick, I wasn't going to go through the trouble without having a teammate. :(

Scar

#HarveyDent
If you don't mind When u put up results put them up with out the Buyback factored in cause that was Pretty gay.
I concur. Due to buybacks, actually, the full bracket should be posted. It should be impossible for tournaments with buybacks to count towards rankings, since your placement does not reflect your skill as a player but rather your skill as a player and if you have the 5 bucks.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Eh, I've already proved myself in NJ, so i'm no gonna go there w/o a tournament it wouldn't have been that fun. I had fun here. Whatever lol, Scar/LK were tough it was fun to play them.

Edit : 130$ + a poster.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I made up my own results bracket, minus buybacks, which were largely inconsequential anyways.

1: Egg Emm
2: LK
3: Cheezit
4: Scar
5: Alexander Triad
5: El Komosutro
7: Velocity
9: SlayerColdKiller

The rest of the people I didn't know / were scrubs.

Edit:: The bracket is hard to see, but really it only says those 8 names and "Scrub, Scrub1, Scrub2" so on and so forth.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Im supposed to be where scrub 2 is i play el komo and beat him and the lost to slayer cold killer He got 3rd i got 5th

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Easy calm down i told him He was in a completely different bracket he just going by what he can remember.
hah your right, I apologize, just over reacted cause my friends were giving me **** on me telling them i placed 3rd and they checked this forum and saw 9th. ^_^

Scar

#HarveyDent
Ok well when I edit the bracket and get to the real one they will see that you came in third by beating 3 no-name players and lovely Cheezit.

gg Random seeding.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Ok well when I edit the bracket and get to the real one they will see that you came in third by beating 3 no-name players and lovely Cheezit.

gg Random seeding.
I am a pro scrub player. And btw, they had cool names, even if I cant remember them now, they sounded cool as hell when I heard em being announced.

Cheezit

Smash Ace

gg Random seeding.
Scar = to amazing.

Scar today was the gayest thing ever at my tourny the Owner was being a big **** and he did random seeding and it was me velocity eggm and cradmazy in one bracket so one local got third.

Top Bottom