• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Fighters XIII - Mr. Karate available now!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mai/Yuri/Daimon

I'm gonna give this team a shot on Christmas. I thought I might like Chin, but I wasn't quite feeling it from him and I probably got myself a solid anchor.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ok, Yuri and Daimon are definitely staying on my team, but I'm still not sure about that third character. I'm thinking about Jem Athena, but I'm still not quite sure. I don't really want to play anyone with charge moves.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Finally got to play the game. I love Shen and Yuri. I have Leona on point at the moment, but that's probably subject to change.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yuri's fun. There are a ton of Mai players in Columbus and I'm one of them. I started with King, but I think I'll run Yuri/Mai/Mature or Athena.

EVERY DAY I'M ANIME.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
One guy on Dream Cancel described Yuri as this:

Akuma if you don't like to play Akuma.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Huh...interesting thing there. Though from what I get it, it says "10 people are top tier, 2 people suck, 4 people are okay with weaknesses, and 20 people are generally good" essentially.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not to mention she's the only character whose 100% involves her butt and hips "Insert hentai reference here". Also Htimsnug over at Orochinagi made his own tier list which looks pretty decent.
Yeah, but the meter the opponent gets is insane for taking all that damage. Maybe if you're playing an anchor Yuri that it would be a good idea to learn that combo.

I'm also finding it interesting how the "auto-correct" works in this game. If I want to do Daimon's 41236A > Super, I gotta do 2(41236)+P even though the inputs the other way around.

And then there's doing Yuri's divekick and Athena's Phoenix Bomb. Even if you haven't landed, you still have to do the reverse input if you're crossing up.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Well, there was a patch released yesterday that fixed some of the online! I'm finding more matches, but there is still some noticeable lag on the games, even on a four bar connection!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That's good that it fixed some of this. Ugh, I really need to get back into playing this game, but with me not knowing of any scene, lack of travel money, and no rooms of more than 2 people it's weird just only doing practice and arcade, even though I know the game is awesome.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, hopefully they continue to improve the netcode. This patch was kinda disappointing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wish I was able to get this game for PS3. Seems like no one has it for 360.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Most of the NorCal crew plays on 360, but sadly even a connection that close isn't great.

Top Bottom