• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

This is the Twitter thread containing the thank-you letter to Sakurai, Nintendo and the fans, plus masterful artwork Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian illustrated to accompany it. I spent the last few nights going through Smashboards, Discord and Twitter compiling as many names as I could find by our cutoff, and I believe the final tally hovers around 1,020 signers.

I am going to post the art and letter in here, but I strongly recommend everyone who has a Twitter account to retweet and favorite the posts on the site itself. The more circulation it gets, the better the odds of it reaching Sakurai and Nintendo.

And though Zombie, Eric (who wrote the letters) and I approached this as a comprehensive thank-you project, I highly encourage anyone else who feels inspired to write their own letter, or draw their own card, or assemble their own video, to do so. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as too much thanks to the people who listened to us at long last and made K. Rool happen.

There was something just so satisfying reading this card and finding my name on it fills me with so much pride. Thank you BKupa666 BKupa666 and Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian for this wonderful tribute to Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Amazing and simply marvelous, hope this wonderful man sees this. Regardless glad to show my thanks, to the man that made this possible, and hopefully if he sees it which I 'm sure he will. I hope he knows he's appreciated and his hard-work does not go unnoticed.

Thank you Masahiro Sakurai you truly are number #1

Also thanks to the people that made this you all rock!

Last edited by a moderator:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Awesome signature thanks to Sakurai it was epic!
Loved reading some names from here!

I wonder who made it.
Remember there were talks about one coming from here too.
Seriously, that's a lot of names, it's really impressive. Had to look twice, and I did not find my name on it, and I clearly recall saying yes to signing such a piece.
Still, mighty impressive.

Edit: Found out it was from here. Pretty awesome gang!

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

This is the Twitter thread containing the thank-you letter to Sakurai, Nintendo and the fans, plus masterful artwork Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian illustrated to accompany it. I spent the last few nights going through Smashboards, Discord and Twitter compiling as many names as I could find by our cutoff, and I believe the final tally hovers around 1,020 signers.

I am going to post the art and letter in here, but I strongly recommend everyone who has a Twitter account to retweet and favorite the posts on the site itself. The more circulation it gets, the better the odds of it reaching Sakurai and Nintendo.

And though Zombie, Eric (who wrote the letters) and I approached this as a comprehensive thank-you project, I highly encourage anyone else who feels inspired to write their own letter, or draw their own card, or assemble their own video, to do so. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as too much thanks to the people who listened to us at long last and made K. Rool happen.

This is truly amazing. That is a wonderful work of art Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian . That attention to detail is truly astounding plus seeing Sakurai with K. Rool's krown is heartwarming. Also, I just noticed K. Rool shedding tears of joy and I am too.. BKupa666 BKupa666 and the Kremling Kampaigner, thank you guys for this wonderful tribute to Sakurai. Sometimes we may take him for granted, but he puts his heart and soul into Super Smash Bros. for nearly 20 years now for all of us. He did a wonderful job with K. Rool in Ultimate. It's an honor to have my name in that kard. I am so glad to be part of an experience that resulted in the revival of our Kremling King. 10 years ago K. Rool last appeared in Mario Superstar Sluggers and was regarded to be a character shoved to the side. And now... And now our favorite (King, Kaptain, and Scientist) King K. Rool is back and looks better than ever and is here to stay. Here's to you fellow Kutthroats! WE DID IT

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm glad that like Sakurai gave K. Rool back his iconic golden belly, the artwork depicts Sakurai in his iconic leopard print shirt.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Can't seem to notice my name on here (unless it was without my username and spelt wrong), but an honorable tribute all the same. This ought to arrive to Sakurai safely.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Having my name on a list that Sakurai might see fills me with all sorts of emotions.

D

Deleted member

Yeah honestly if he sees it, knowing I was able to thank one of my favourite game developers. For one of my favourite game series, and the character I wanted in most getting makes me smile. Hopefully more people pick it up then it could be spread, and eventually it'll get to him.

He's busy making an amazing game that we all will enjoy, but hearing that fans, are grateful for his hard-work and bring such a cool character... I mean amazing character in, will hopefully give him some happiness.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I knew the card would be beautiful, but it really is something else to see it done and see my name on such a long list of supporters. It's a genuinely heartwarming thank-you and I really do hope it lifts Sakurai's spirits among the infinite stress making these games must put him through.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Can't seem to notice my name on here (unless it was without my username and spelt wrong), but an honorable tribute all the same. This ought to arrive to Sakurai safely.
Hey man, just letting you know (and dropping BKupa666 BKupa666 a tag so he needn't go searching) that your name is on there.

First page (the one headlined by "We told the internet we wanted to thank you...), 12th line, first name on the left.

Phantomjack24

Smash Rookie
You know this is incredibly surreal....after years of supporting characters (Waluigi, King K. Rool) that would get passed over time and time again...its nice to get a win this time. I was pretty saddened after waluigi got regulated to assist trophy status once again. I decided to throw my entire support behind the King...I'm glad I did.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to pop in and say two things

1) It's inspiring that the community came together for this one character and that upon succeeding in the movement were grateful enough to do this. Good job on all of you guys.

2) I love in the illustration K Rool can only cry out of his right eye because his left eye has no moisture

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman

This is genuinely amazing, as it shows that we made our voices loud enough so that we could be heard. It's amazing that sheer fan determination alone dug K. Rool out of his grave. I may be an atheist, but I'm most definitely telling you this, bless Sakurai, seriously, we don't deserve this man's passion. On top of all the inhumane amount of quality content he had already given us in Smash Ultimate, he went the extra mile and brought our dear Kroc back.

Having my name on a list that Sakurai might see fills me with all sorts of emotions.
You might be onto something that I feel too...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This truly is the greatest community in the world. Great feeling to see my name amongst so many others in appreciation. I love you all. :ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Wow, that thank you card is beautiful. Thank you BKupa666 BKupa666 for putting this together, and thank you Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian for that gorgeous art. I really hope Sakurai and Nintendo see it. It's an honor having my (user)name on it.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I feel like we've said this so often over the past two and a half weeks, but it bears repeating. Thank you Sakurai and the dev team for what they've done, as well as every single person who campaigned, voted for, or even just passively wanted K. Rool. It's only thanks to the combined efforts of everyone that this literal dream became a reality.

And another thank you to BKupa and Zombie Saurian for this amazing card, I'm truly glad to be on it. I hope Sakurai or at least someone on the team is able to see it, but even if not, it is an amazing statement and a great showing of our gratitude and appreciation. And we're setting a hell of an example, I'm seeing this pop up on places like Reddit and I wouldn't be surprised to see similar things pop up in the future for other characters.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Beautiful card, this is incredible.

All those arguments and points against 'irrelevancy' all the effort to show theat we the fans care, lead to this, very good show everyone, very good show.

I'm just sad I didn't make the cut but I'm happy I could be along for the ride into the promised land :')

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I was at a philosophy event, and we were going to introduce ourselves.
We had to say our name, our subject of study, age and a random line of fact.

Hi, my name is Thomas.
I'm 22.
First year philosophy.
I've waited nearly 17 years for King K. Rool to become playable in Super Smash Bros.

It did spark an interesting Smash related discussion afterwards, which was funny.
Just thought it was funny to see people's reaction, the guy after me was like;

I'm Emil,
age-
subject-
and I did not wait nearly 17 years for King K. Rool to appear in Smash.

It was hilarious.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I'm glad that so much love and effort was put into the thank you card, just as so much love and effort was put into King K. Rools appearance in Smash Bros. I'm also really happy to have my name on a card that may reach Nintendo or the big man Sakurai himself to show how much I appreciate the work Sakurai put in for us, as I'm sure all of you are too!

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I've shown my friends this and even though we obsesses over smash and they know how much Ive been wanting K. Rool and having my name in this list they don't really seem that bothered. Yet to me this feels so important, I feel like Ive been part of something. Certainly not a major player like some but Ive been there and witnessed the times we've had over the years,

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
He is getting exactly what he has deserved for some time now! This is as great as a K. Rool fan could hope for. Could you imagine if Sakurai acknowledged us in some way in the next Direct? Highly doubtful, but one can dream.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well, who knows how much Sakurai appreciated that thank you letter. But certainly its making rounds on all the gaming news sites. Good propaganda of how caring and well behaved is the Smash Bros community at least (or at least we now have something to counteract the Waluigi negative outburst).
Anyway. Good job to the guys in charge of making the letter! All there is left to do is wait to play the game. Crossing fingers that at least we see a King K. Rool in top 8 for EVO '19.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Anyway. Good job to the guys in charge of making the letter! All there is left to do is wait to play the game. Crossing fingers that at least we see a King K. Rool in top 8 for EVO '19.
Speaking of which, does anyone else in here go to Smash tournaments at all? I've been on a hiatus since EVO 2016, but I plan on playing King K. Rool at Genesis 6 and EVO 2019. It would be awesome to meet up with fellow kremling kutthroats at upcoming tournaments, maybe we could make our sufix "Kremling Krew" before our tags too.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Let's not be like that. We all know there's been people in this thread or elsewhere that have been K. Rool fans and have had meltdowns. The fanbase is more than that. And so is Waluigi's.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Fair enough.
Now that I remember, I did not care for some people that were using K. Rool to bash on Ashley after she was confirmed as an assist. A minority, but not a good reflection of our community.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Let's not be like that. We all know there's been people in this thread or elsewhere that have been K. Rool fans and have had meltdowns. The fanbase is more than that. And so is Waluigi's.
I can kinda remember that. Though when Ridley was revealed as a stage boss back in Smash 4, some fellow Ridley fans were really upset and may jumped the gun too much. It sucks that a few fake Waluigi "fans" are being complete dumbasses and harassing Sakurai's Twitter page, giving us Waluigi fans a bad name. That and I'm sick of all the times Waluigi is called "a meme character". It's a bunch of bull****. At least we don't have to deal with detractors and their pointless "muh relevance" arguments anymore.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
There's been all kinds of meltdowns in all kinds of fanbases. The new ones joining the club of "Toxic" fanbases are Waluigi and to a lesser extent Ashley. They have now gotten branded as being toxic fans even though it's just like a handful of people doing extreme things. I mean, sure, there may be general disappointment or dissatisfaction but there's nothing wrong with that IMO. They still like their characters and want them in, must suck to be in that position where expressing that you like your character gets you shouted down as ungrateful or extreme. We shouldn't add to that.

We all know how that feels. heck, some people are still doing it to us.

That isn't to excuse any of the bad behavior. But to get some perspective. There are so many, many, many, normal fans of these characters. But the internet likes to blow up the extremes.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, does anyone else in here go to Smash tournaments at all? I've been on a hiatus since EVO 2016, but I plan on playing King K. Rool at Genesis 6 and EVO 2019. It would be awesome to meet up with fellow kremling kutthroats at upcoming tournaments, maybe we could make our sufix "Kremling Krew" before our tags too.
Sounds like a solid side thread option. I think it'd be sick to meet some of the krew irl.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Look mom, I'm famous! Feels nice to be on a part of something. As for attending tournaments, I'll be trying my hand at that, so if I ever make it big, of course I'll do it in the name of the kutthroats!

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
It sucks that a few fake Waluigi "fans" are being complete dumbasses and harassing Sakurai's Twitter page, giving us Waluigi fans a bad name.
Hopefully Waluigi and his fans' status will be revived before long, with the fans are taking a stand against this, especially nowadays. Kinda doubt it though, seeing how bad it's gotten.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I actually saw this in the news on the internet just today. It was a very pleasant surprise.

This whole letter is beautifully done, from the words and feelings it shares, to the heartfelt piece of artwork featuring K. Rool and Sakurai themselves that accompanies it. To all of you who worked on this card, you made it perfectly. I hope this reaches the man soon. Sakurai should how much we all truly appreciate what he's been doing for fans like ourselves.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hey guys, sorry to oversaturate the forum with this but I am continuing on BKupas mission:

pupNapoleon said:
Hey everyone,

I was so touched by what BKupa666 BKupa666 BKupa666 BKupa666 was doing with K Rool, and after having been a part of the fight with him and you fellow Kremlings for so long (under several aliases), I decided to message BKupa about getting involved for the card.

I told BKupa my specialties in work, in large part that Im a professional video talent with a full team that puts out theater-quality work. My creations normally revolve around bettering the lgbt community, but as so much of the LGBT and gaming community overlap, I thought I could make a difference here as well.

BKupa gave me the go ahead for making the official video for the launched Thank You campaign, but I have realized that I too cannot do it on my own. Or even with my video team. I have all an animated version of the list already present, but I want to do something more visceral, which videos allow

Id love to get, from all of you fans, some pieces that show just how thankful you are to have K Rool in smash.

-Did you cry watching his reaction (and record it), send me your video.
-Did you write a great tribute to him and want it read aloud? send me your writing.
- Did you create an amazing image displaying exactly what this means to you? send me the file.

Anything you have created to show how much K Rool being added means to you, please email me. All credit will go to creators. The goal is to show Sakurai he has inspired artists to create, gamers to play, and people to form bonding friendships.

I can be reached at DAVIDH@NapoleonPlays.com
please let me know if you cannot get it through.
Id really love to get some amazing samples! Tag a friend if you know that they may have some work because they were a fan.

Top Bottom