• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So glad to see K. Rool, they must be using the Ballot for sure considering he hasn't been relevant since before Brawl.
Loving the DKC1-3, Land, and 64 love in his moveset..Sakurai knew what games his fans cared about..he doesn't seem to reference post-Rare games, outside of his face & crown sizes, at all.
You and me both. At least Wario has his trademark body check back. Here's hoping there's more than one WL song now.
And one that isn't just a remix of a WarioWare song in itself..Sakurai needs to show the non-WarioWare side of Wario more love with music from the Wario Land series and Wario World (seriously, even just that one WW song everyone seems to know would be fine)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Re-read posts in the old K. Rool thread for Sm4sh. MAN that was an emotional goodbye...

But it was all worth it <3

D

Deleted member

I'll be honest, I had no reason to think K. Rool or Ridley would be in Smash 4; especially with relevancy being a pretty big factor; as well as Ridley being soft deconfirmed early on. Not that I disliked them (I totally would have mained both like I'm going to do in 4 months), but I simply did not expect K. Rool to pop up right after both DKCR games released. Better they're here now than never, though!

A DK64 remake would be pretty cool; do away with the majority of colored collectables, and maybe make half of the bananas in a stage obtainable by anyone. Of course

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'll be honest, I had no reason to think K. Rool or Ridley would be in Smash 4; especially with relevancy being a pretty big factor; as well as Ridley being soft deconfirmed early on. Not that I disliked them (I totally would have mained both like I'm going to do in 4 months), but I simply did not expect K. Rool to pop up right after both DKCR games released. Better they're here now than never, though!
Yeah, I'm so glad that Super Smash Bros Ultimate seems to be going after fan favorites over relevancy..this is the first Smash Bros. to really do that for the most part, since most previous newcomers were relevant in the past 4 years in some fashion. Out of all the newcomers, none except Inklings were really relevant when Ultimate began development.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lets not forget: Mitchell from the donkey kong discord(Who leaked this direct) is also very confident that BANJO-KAZOOIE will be playable....
I dare not dream. But...but what if? Could the perfect game really exist...?

I would figuratively **** a brick, and probably scream and sob even louder than the me from Wednesday.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
You really gotta appreciate that we got K.Rool in this direct. I have a feeling that they are going to try to reach 70 at least with actual Newcomers. So if your an Echo you have it a little easier, but there is a good chance we wont be getting much more then 3 actual new characters.

Which means the next few character reveals are going to have everyone clenching their butts pretty bad, because we are really reaching make or break time. Feel blessed Kuttthroats.

Sleepy_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarrKnight
3DS FC
4639-9220-1156
Hey, everyone. Logging in for the first time in a while and the K. Rool support caught my eye.
Man, Sakurai put me through an emotional roller coaster for near a minute with that troll of trailer. I've felt that K. Rool has been long overdue a spot in Smash, but damn does it still feel surreal to see it happen. Like, I wanted it and I kind of expected it to happen this time, but did that really happen? I'm really just amazed.
I was kind of hoping for a Gangplank Galleon stage to accompany K.Rool, but them using WW Pirate Ship in his character preview as a stand in dims that hope. A shame, but my #1 pick finally getting is just fine.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Hey, everyone. Logging in for the first time in a while and the K. Rool support caught my eye.
Man, Sakurai put me through an emotional roller coaster for near a minute with that troll of trailer. I've felt that K. Rool has been long overdue a spot in Smash, but damn does it still feel surreal to see it happen. Like, I wanted it and I kind of expected it to happen this time, but did that really happen? I'm really just amazed.
I was kind of hoping for a Gangplank Galleon stage to accompany K.Rool, but them using WW Pirate Ship in his character preview as a stand in dims that hope. A shame, but my #1 pick finally getting is just fine.
I've felt the same way since we saw him. "DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?".

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Source on this? That would kick up my hype level a notch.
Mitchell posted in K. Rool's Discord that he is not confident in Banjo-Kazooie. He's not even including Banjo on his prediction lists right now, but of course would be happy if Banjo did somehow make it.

That's all I'll say on the matter. Check what Wolfe himself said in the rumors channel in the Discord.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about King Rool being a playable character in the next Donkey Kong game instead of the villain? I think that would be sweet!
Not sure. I'd rather fight him so his insane personality comes into play way better. Which is what we really need in the end. Am down with any sort of playable Kremling, I just prefer King K.Rool himself to take the villain role first.

Untouch

Smash Master
Lets not forget: Mitchell from the donkey kong discord(Who leaked this direct) is also very confident that BANJO-KAZOOIE will be playable....
I feel BK is one of the few remaining realistic choices that have a chance of having a bigger impact than K Rool.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Mitchell posted in K. Rool's Discord that he is not confident in Banjo-Kazooie. He's not even including Banjo on his prediction lists right now, but of course would be happy if Banjo did somehow make it.

That's all I'll say on the matter. Check what Wolfe himself said in the rumors channel in the Discord.
Does he predict Dixie or any other DK character?

Draugen

Smash Apprentice

What is his prediction list? I never heard about him before.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I feel BK is one of the few remaining realistic choices that have a chance of having a bigger impact than K Rool.
Does he predict Dixie or any other DK character?
He doesn't know anything, Snorkel is lying. And Mitchell is not even predicting Banjo right now either, though of course he does want Banjo.

Personally I am predicting Dixie because its just too obvious right now. She'll have mostly the same stats as Diddy but with unique animations and probably a unique recovery at least.

EDIT: Sorry Dixie Kong, I didn't realize you were responding to me. I don't remember what his prediction list was and its well buried now.

What is his prediction list? I never heard about him before.
As I just said in the first part of my edit, I don't remember it. I just do remember he's mixed on Banjo.

Last edited:

Sleepy_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarrKnight
3DS FC
4639-9220-1156
https://twitter.com/Ghoulyboy/status/1028887321695936513

https://twitter.com/Ghoulyboy/status/1027946702270021638

It looks like good ol' Greg put up some early name and design concepts. Pretty neat actually. Now that whole KOMMANDER staffer position in the Kredits makes sense...
That original concept art gives off some strong Panther King vibes. No surprise since they are both Rare creations, but I'm glad they went with the more goofy design. Can't imagine he'd be as memorable or entertaining.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That original concept art gives off some strong Panther King vibes. No surprise since they are both Rare creations, but I'm glad they went with the more goofy design. Can't imagine he'd be as memorable or entertaining.
The later Kremling concepts remind me of Battletoads, as well, although one's midsection is so tiny that it could snap off like a twig.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just wanted to say something with a certain someone having posted on this topic...

Hey Diddy Kong Diddy Kong , there's your girlfriend, Dixie Kong Dixie Kong ! Sorry, couldn't resist, had to do it.

But seriously, on topic, I wonder how heavy the king will be compared to Bowser?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just wanted to say something with a certain someone having posted on this topic...

Hey Diddy Kong Diddy Kong , there's your girlfriend, Dixie Kong Dixie Kong ! Sorry, couldn't resist, had to do it.

But seriously, on topic, I wonder how heavy the king will be compared to Bowser?
Am thinking he'll be the heaviest, because his attacks seem slower than Bowser's. And just a projectile or two isn't enough compensation for that alone. That Belly Counter is also a indication... I hope at least he's heavier than Bowser. Because otherwise he wouldn't be as much as a "challenge" for DK to tackle. DK being consistantly the 2nd heaviest since Bowser arrived and all.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
As a Ridley fan, congratulations to all of you guys for also getting your dream character!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Over the past few days Kutthroats have poured in and out of Isaac thread, passing along well wishes and general encouragement, and on behalf of someone who very clearly remembers the long twisting path both characters have walked down over the past decade (and longer), it's touching to see the support!

Thanks you guys! ^_^

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Drawing up members of the Dark side. How does this scale of K. Rool look relative to Bowser and Ridley? Need to be bigger, or just right?
1534190780111.png

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would be fitting for K. Rool to pull a trick like that to be playable.
Not to mention that FlintofMother3 made him do it all the time (with two of the impersonated characters ending up in Ultimate in some form, so far). Though I like the idea of him running into Smash specifically because Dedede pulled a Rool without him knowing:

stuff_people_say_329_by_flintofmother3-dcjzevl.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom