• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Oh yeah. To the one who mentioned disappointment for Sm4sh, I agreed.

It did seem like the most disappointing / boring leaks were the truest ones for those games. I was ready to give up on Smash in all honesty. It's the most celebrated gathering of Nintendo and game history, sure, but I felt I wasn't being listened to as a huge fan. I was disappointed in Brawl too, but not as much, because it had a reason: the fun Subspace Emissary with its badass final boss whom I love (Tabuu fan here). Without it we'd have had more fighters I believe.

I respect and admire how Ultimate is the one hell bent on fixing a lot of the series' mistakes.

D

Deleted member

I've 100%'d both DKC1, 2, and 64, but I never got far in 3 at all for some reason. I also had the Land trilogy back on Game Boy, but I never really got far due to younger me sucking at them.

This is going to be a long 4 months...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'd be willing to play those games again ANY day in order to celebrate. They rock.

EDIT: Hey, BKupa666 BKupa666 ! Congrats on the mod status!!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Food for thought: K. Rool should absolutely get a monochrome Game Boy alt like Kirby and Dedede have had to homage Donkey Kong Land.

K. Rool was the main villain of three Game Boy games. Bowser can't claim even one.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/ZeroZ_86/status/1028631078972600322?s=19

Looks like K. Rool got published in a local newspaper.

On one hand, slow news day? On the other, What great news to have in the paper.

In other news (hehe), I've decided to try and 102% complete DKC2. I'll get to 1 and 3 after, but 2 is my favorite. I've never done Kaptain's rematch, nor have I ever gotten to more than three of the bonus levels without using the max bonus coins cheat. In fact, I haven't even beaten Animal Antics yet. Still, I plan to finally complete the game before Smash Ultimate comes out. Wish me luck everybody!

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I love how this has become a revolution. And we've been part of it. What an amazing time to be alive.
Got to be more in store and justice for our Kroc.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
The amount of detail K. Rool has is honestly astounding. Literally his idle animation is the hand wringing animation from the first Donkey Kong Country game. I honestly wonder how much the animators studied each of these games to get the animations just right because every reference they make looks EXACTLY like it did on the SNES / Game Boy. Absolutely incredible job from the team. For a game with 70+ characters the fact that each one looks entirely unique is nothing short of remarkable.

Chiptheblewcat

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I'm brand new here but I've been watching over this thread for quite awhile, and I'm very happy to see the King finally get his turn! I still have quite a difficult time swallowing that he's really in. It's nice to meet you all actually now, not just read your posts. I'm just as excited as all of you are and were. Can't wait to play as the big kroc himself on the 7th.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Hello everyone! I'm brand new here but I've been watching over this thread for quite awhile, and I'm very happy to see the King finally get his turn! I still have quite a difficult time swallowing that he's really in. It's nice to meet you all actually now, not just read your posts. I'm just as excited as all of you are and were. Can't wait to play as the big kroc himself on the 7th.
Well, even if you're a bit late to the party, all are welcome here.

Obligatory

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
now that we got K.ROOL, RIDLEY and Wolf back.

This is a dream come true!
( SQUAD TEAM )

View attachment 157372
Yup this is really the first thing I'm doing once I unlock all the villains. Jumping straight into that 5v5 squad mode then immediately after going into an 8 player Smash with K.Rool, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, Wolf, Ridley, Dark Samus, and Dedede (unless Medusa or Hades is announced).

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
I remember writing my Smash Ballot submission for King K. Rool!

I'm so happy! Kongratulations everyone!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Can K. Rool "hold" his counter? As in, you don't have to time it with an opponent's attack like Shulk's for example?

And do you think K. Rool's counter and the way his belly plate expands is one reason why we won't get alternate costumes because they cover his belly for the most part?

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Can K. Rool "hold" his counter? As in, you don't have to time it with an opponent's attack like Shulk's for example?
I haven't seen anything that really supports that idea, although it's possible that the move has a ton of active frames like Shulk's.
And do you think K. Rool's counter and the way his belly plate expands is one reason why we won't get alternate costumes because they cover his belly for the most part?
Probably, although I find the idea of K. Rool tearing his shirt open a la Superman to perform his counter particularly comical.

Last edited:

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
I have a question for all of you. When the Direct was ending with Sakurai on screen, and the screen started shaking, all before our king's trailer was shown, how many of you all thought it was going to be K. Rool that would be shown next in the following trailer?

I know I did.
I knew at the Klaptrap AT ;)

D

Deleted member

The Klaptrap assist trophy was the first sign that something special was going to happen.

Then the rumbling make me curious then we saw a bunch of villains... Then we see DK's mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Who else is waiting for the amiibo? I might buy two and keep one in the box!
MEEEE!!! That's what I immediately thought about after the reveal. K.Rool amiibo! Finally some easy to find K.Rool merch. I'm gonna be at my cpu/phone the moment I see the K.Rool amiibo for pre-order. Don't want them to sell out only to have to pay triple the price from a scalper like I did with most of my amiibo back in the Smash 4 days. Though granted amiibo aren't exactly the hot new thing anymore but I have a feeling Nintendo may underestimate the King's popularity (haven't seen many treehouse members talking about K.Rool on twitter. The only one I've seen is JC and he is only talking about the Dedede troll) and not make that many and I don't want to miss out.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Not to get off-topic, but seeing Wario on the villains side makes me sad Wario Land is dead in the water. I still want Captain Syrup as Wario's villain. A pipe dream, but hey.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Not to get off-topic, but seeing Wario on the villains side makes me sad Wario Land is dead in the water. I still want Captain Syrup as Wario's villain. A pipe dream, but hey.
You and me both. At least Wario has his trademark body check back. Here's hoping there's more than one WL song now.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit late, but I wanted to kongratulate everyone on K. Rool making it into Smash. I haven't been too active in any of the K. Rool character speculation threads, but I've been following them for quite some time and have always appreciated how dedicated K. Rool's fans are. That dedication is what made me support K. Rool and is part of the reason why I decided to finally play the first two DKCs (which I'm glad I did). Kongrats everyone. You deserve it.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
How about King Rool being a playable character in the next Donkey Kong game instead of the villain? I think that would be sweet!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/ZeroZ_86/status/1028631078972600322?s=19

Looks like K. Rool got published in a local newspaper.

Rather good detail in this article, although I'm quite sure the issues mentioned in the jab at the end are sure to be addressed. :p

You and me both. At least Wario has his trademark body check back. Here's hoping there's more than one WL song now.
At the very least, having some actual Wario Ware newcomers would be a start. Wario needs his friends, otherwise no gold in the Smash world makes Wario go crazy.

D

Deleted member

For the next DK game, I'll like to see Retro try to make a 3D-platformer DK game, except this one would be "get from point A to B" rather than DK64's collectathon. Basically a DK version of SM3DW, but with more interesting level design (and not just a bunch of square platforms).

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
For the next DK game, I'll like to see Retro try to make a 3D-platformer DK game, except this one would be "get from point A to B" rather than DK64's collectathon. Basically a DK version of SM3DW, but with more interesting level design (and not just a bunch of square platforms).
I would like to see a Mario Odyssey approach to DK. I like the option to go anywhere I want and I think that'll lend well with a jungle/mine/factory environment.

Plus if they do DK again I'd love to see the DK head shaped island again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom