• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
God I've already re-watched that trailer so many times. The fake-out, the reveal, the music, the clash at the end. It's all so beautiful.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I’m disappointed I couldn’t be here with you all to celebrate our king’s finest hour. When I finally got to sit down and watch the Direct, I was so happy I nearly cried tears of joy.
It feels like the impossible has finally happened. It feels like a dream. As someone who cheered from the sidelines before Smash 4 released, and then joined in during the Ballot campaign, and roared with frustration when the Mii costume reared it’s ugly head...
I can’t ****ing believe this is happening, but I’m so, so, so glad that it did.

We did it, guys.
We saved King K. Rool.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
It’s been a long time since the disappointment of learning the “Hype 3” were left out of Smash 4. But my friends, here we are now: on the base roster of the new game...THEYRE ALL HERE!

Red Stache

Smash Cadet
I remember voting for K. Rool when the ballot was open for SSB4.
And I will tell you, it was incredible to see him action and join in for Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

I gotta agree with StormC above about the helipack. Out of a lot of proposed UP-B recover options Nintendo possibly could use for K Rool, the helipack was an amazing choice and unexpected!
It's amazing to me to sit here and think, "K. Rool is in!"
(Of course, there are a lot of great features I really liked in the direct. But this the K Rool thread, so I'll just talk about him for now!)

A big hand of applause to those in this thread, and elsewhere, about K. Rool getting in Smash Bros!
K. Rool is one of the many Nintendo characters that deserved to join, and I am very, very, happy he is in!

Simply amazing!

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Those reveal trailers are sooo incredible !
I hope they are included in the game, but will there be enough space for it ?
There is alwready so much content it, this is crazy !

Rizen

Smash Legend
I always liked K.Rool. Unlike the fat penguin and turtle, K Rool's a serious threat who plays second fiddle to no one and will go as far as destroying an entire island to extirpate his enemies.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
They made the great frog King Paon K. Rool look like an actual croc! I wish it was RARE K. Rool but I'll take it.

Has anyone figured out the moveset?

I have very good feelings about a Dixie Kong reveal later. I think she may end up being a semiclone.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
We finally did it kutthroats!!! The King's Finest Hour has finally arrived! It took SO many years and SO much work and SO, SO much passion(which is what made me a K. Rool supporter 3 years ago), but it finally paid off! Now we can finally enjoy the ride instead of waiting in agony. Or to be more accurate, we've finally survived the storm and reached calm waters. Now it's smooth sailing until December where we can finally "krush everyone one like a bug" haha! It feels incredible and I can't wait to play and main as The King when December rolls (or crawls in this case) around.

Also fantastic job to(Kaptain) BKupa666 for being such an incredible leader all these years. Honestly one of the best examples of leadership/dedication I've seen and it's so satisfying to see all your hard work and passion pay off.

Man, this is truly "Ultimate". Everyone really is here, everyone I ever wanted is finally here and I couldn't be happier! Seeing everyone's reactions (including Nairo) really made my day and will be something to remember for a long time.

The "final" character is revealed, The video ends with "That's All" or "The End" but then a ? appears, the . turns into a bloodshot eye and a canon ball (or anything really) breaks the screen. "King K. Rool Krush(a)es the Kompetition" appears, revealing the true final character. Cue gameplay footage and then the video truly ends and we finally get our finest hour.
Looks like my trailer idea from June was somewhat accurate!

Now to listen to King K. Rool's Finest Hour on loop for an hour or 2.

Now that I'm in Smash Brothers

This is my finest hour

Nothing on this earth can stop me now!

It felt so amazing to write those lyrics knowing that it's a reality.

What a day!

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Our glorious king is in smash nya!! There is a god nya! And I have just witness him bashing King Dedede straight to hell nya!!! Good job Kutthroats nya! Nyu are the creators of miracles nya! WE HAVE TRUELY REACHED IMMORTALITY NYA

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was so excited about finding out that I had an extra spring in my step at work today.

20 years, and we finally can live out one of the most beloved rivalries in Nintendo history!

And, because of this, it makes me more confident than ever that Medusa & Isaac will be playable.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You guys EARNED this, congrats.

Keep us Geno fans in your thoughts!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Im assuming everyone has sent Sakurai a huge Thank You! He deserves it. I love that man now. This Smash will truly be "Ultimate"!

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little peeved that my friend spoiled it for me while I was at work, because I almost cried tears of joy at the implications of "You happy *****." on my cracked phone screen and I can't even imagine how I would have reacted when I wasn't expecting him this early. In any case though, I'm happy that our support and unwavering passion has payed off and I'm not too mad at my friend since he didn't know I was still in the dark. I do have some criticisms, but having him in and with what I'd consider an ideal design is enough for me, and I can save my negativity for the official character thread. For now, I'll just enjoy his eye popping, his perfect for a wallet skin, and that oh so epic trailer. Congratulations, guys; we've all earned it.

Also, why does someone have to get killed in every trailer?!

StormC

Smash Hero
There's something vindicating about fans of other characters saying "look at K. Rool and how hard his fans campaigned! If they did it, so can we!"

No longer are we a laughingstock. We are a model to follow.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
We going to have a K. Rool Discord? I'm thinking of making him a secondary.

Machete

Smash Ace
Kongratulations, everyone!

Been supporting Ridley and K.Rool since Brawl. I told you all to keep your hopes up. The king has returned!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Well ,I'm sure some of you saw that I was able to post this morning. I was glad that I was able to get a word in edgewise before Smashboards became Crashboards, and I'm glad it's not Crashboards now that I'm clocked out of my first day at work. On that note, let it be said that obviously, I left for work on a high note thinking about K. Rool all day.

Now, onto my overall impression:
I never mentioned it before, but I was hoping he would be dark green like it his first appearance, as opposed to the PAON lighter green. I'm happy to see his dark greenieness in all it's HD glory. I'm sad to see that he doesn't even have a Kaptain alt that we know of, let alone Baron or King Krusha, but it's nice that his moveset references all of his appearances.

Now, onto my minor nitpicks:
1. I kind of wish their was at least one fake out Kredits gag. I was hoping Kredits would be his final Smash, but the lazer makes a lot of sense. But still, they could have done fake out Kredits to "end" the direct, or during the reveal trailer.
2. I'm not sure why K. Rool's dash sees him running on all fours like Donkey Kong does. I was personally hoping for a retro-style run kind of like Megaman's where his scuba flipper sized feet just move up and down as he glides across the stage against all laws of physics. Still, this is kind of a pro and con nitpick for me, since I do think the all fours run makes K. Rool more lively and animated, and the quadruped running is almost worth it just for that K. Rool VS. Donkey Kong anime style stand off at the end of the trailer. On that note, major props to Donkey Kong for taking an island destroying lazer to the face and shrugging it off like it was nothing more that the spurt of a coconut gun. That is one tough Kong.
3. I love the K. Rool reveal, but come on, can we just admit that he has one of the worst newcomer splash pages of all the newcomers in the history of Smash? I would've loved a finest hour reference, or even something to do with k's in place of c's, like "Krushes the Kompetition!" or "Kauses Kaos" or something, but comes aboard? Uber lame imo.

That said, I grew up with K. Rool, beating him up 10 years ago at 10 years old. I'm immensely excited to play my King now that he truly has his finest hour.

StormC

Smash Hero
My only legit complaints are the small crown and lack of a Kaptain alt.

Everything else is perfect. PERFECT!

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
While not the most creative line, "comes aboard" felt really fitting to me, as if he's coming aboard the hype train that is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and returning to the spotlight for the first time in 10 years (19 if we're only counting mainline games). Feels very poetic, like how Ridley's "hits the big time" was a nod to his contentious size.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I want to be disappointed that he doesn’t have a full-on Kaptain alt, but the fact that he actually takes out the pirate hat and puts it on just to fire his blunderbuss is so goofy and cartoonish that I can’t complain.

And who knows? He might still get one. Little Mac has a pink hoodie costume, despite it being part of his stage entrance.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If I were to have any complaints, it's that I'm not big on him having a counter. But I can't even get slightly put off by that because it's King K. ****ing Rool.

Machete

Smash Ace
I can't believe I ****ing cried over a disgusting fat crocodile and a disgusting alien dragon being playable in a ****ing videogame. 17 years of waiting.

That ****ing glorious remix of Gangplank Galleon. When that **** kicked into overdrive with K.Rool running towards the Kongs. God I'd have laughed at anyone for reacting like I did, but there you go.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
If I were to have any complaints, it's that I'm not big on him having a counter. But I can't even get slightly put off by that because it's King K. ****ing Rool.
I'm now imagining Ridley trying to Down B King K. Rool only to be bellycountered.
Speaking of, wow they look good together. New odd couple I want together in story mode now.
ridrool.png

cybersai

Smash Ace
When I go to sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow morning, I'm going to wonder if all of today was just a dream or if it really happened.

It's like that time where you spend half your life or decades wishing for something to actually happen, and then when it finally does, you're in shock or can't believe it. It's a weird feeling.

StormC

Smash Hero
After looking at K. Rool's artwork, I must say that his cape has seen better days.
Both Ridley and K. Rool seem quite beat up from their various tangles with do gooders.

It's subtle, but there are scars and tears in K. Rool's skin.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
His final smash is amazing, although it feels like K Rool just hits them with his Lunge to destroy DK Isle for fun afterwards

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm now imagining Ridley trying to Down B King K. Rool only to be bellycountered.
Speaking of, wow they look good together. New odd couple I want together in story mode now.
View attachment 156410
What a time to be alive.

Those renders are gooooooooooooood.

i cant believe that k rool killed masahiro sakurai
Nah he just swatted Dedede out of the way. He faced worse. Namely several Lovecraftian Eldritch Abominations.

Luigi on the other hand...

poor dude ****ing DIED. I mean sure after Simon killed Death, Luigi got to reclaim his body but still! And I can't even say the same for Mario who most likely got his head crushed and Megaman that was unmistakably impaled through the chest. These newcomers are savage! Was kinda glad K. Rool's trailer toned things down with some comedy.

Top Bottom