• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Design seems to be perfect everyone looks like they get what they want. I'm sure I have seen it but does he actually have a tail? Its hard to tell so from what Ive seen.
he's got no tail though...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
We did it!!!

Love everything about K. Rool. His specials, his movements, that he got the laser from DK64 as his final?!

Now all my favorite villains are playable. What a game guys, what a game.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Not sure if anyone has posted this one but just in case.

Anywho wooh, so glad to see one of my longtime most wanted characters finally make it, it's truly be an honor to have supported him for so long alongside you guys. Definitely looking to main either him or King Dedede most likely, or both at that.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
He did it, that madman actually did it.

You’ve fought for years, went through a lot, and now, it’s finally payed off. It’s been overdue, but King K.Rool is finally in Smash, and his reveal was glorious.

Seriously guys, Kongratulations.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is his belly move from a game? It kind of looks familiar to something but I can't place it

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
I have to admit I pretty much lost hope for him weeks ago.
I knew there was still time for him to be announced, but I came back to reason and said to myself he would not make it.
I'm glad I was wrong, thanks everyone on this board to have make the wait more bearable for me !
I'm more than happy, and yet I can't help asking for Dixie now !!!! Where is my Dixie ??? Dixie or riot !!!!

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I came here to kongratulate you guys!
I might even pick up the king as one of my mains, I do love reptiles.

Now enjoy your FINEST HOUR!!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am unitonivally shivering!

Holy smiles, his moveset looks like Sakurai stalled Smashboards and put it together for the fans specifically!

This is truly amazing! We made it...we finally made it!!!!!!!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I can't believe it. Campaigning since Brawl days, and then imagining his trailer for Smash 4 for years. It has been a WILD ride but he's finally konfirmed!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
It's not just that they put him in, but THEY DID IT RIGHT! I can see so many references from all his games from the boxing gloves of 64, to the copter from DKC3, to his crown throw of DKC1, and more. This is pure fanservice K.Rooll and I love it!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
What was the page number to this topic when the king was finally revealed?

I wanna see the moment when all are worries were finally over.

That final smash is so ****ing good!

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Kongratulations, Kutthroats. I'm happy for you.

I didn't think much of K. Rool as a candidate when I first heard of people wanting him in, but my stance has softened on him over time. Glad to see they've taken your moveset ideas to heart, as well as some original stuff like the belly bounce counter.

IronTed

Smash Ace
I've never visited this thread, or been an ardent K. Rool supporter, but seeing him in action was both exciting and satisfying. Just wanted to say that I'm happy for everyone who finally got their wish today, it was certainly deserved.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kongrats to Kremling Kutthroats!!!

And I tell you, K.Rool's looking flipping incredible as well. Glad to see they really put all their heart on him like you guys hoped.

The Krock has finally made his ultimate return... I can only hope a certain ponytailed Kong is following on his tail at the moment...

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'm just popping in to say I'm so happy for you guys. He's finally here and he looks amazing.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
You know I was genuinely past the point of ever believing in this after Smash 4, but they finally did it. Not gonna lie he was basically my most wanted newcomer and they did a really fantastic job with him, that reveal trailer with Dedede was hilarious. Congrats to everyone who was willing to have faith when I didn't, you guys have earned this. Guess there was no reason to not have faith after Ridley(and now we have Dark Samus too because why not, I guess, just give me everything).

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace

After several years of trying to get K. Rool in Smash, we can finally rest easy. There's such a relaxing atmosphere to Stickerbrush Symphony, just listening to it is stress-relieving.

HE'S IN! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!

I love how he looks. I can't believe we even got the Kaptain! And the K. Roolenstein! Overall, he's just done RIGHT!
It's good to see you again.

Last edited:

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
I think it's funny that several YouTube predictions and that Reddit poll think K. Rool is likely on Wednesday, while most of the Kutthroats don't. I guess we've just been burned too many times.

As for me, I'm pretty sure we won't get him on Wednesday for all the reasons already discussed, but I have one totally irrational reason to think we will. As I've mentioned on here a few times, my grandma and I have been rooting for a K. Rool comeback for about four years now, and in that time I've called her with updates after every Nintendo Direct. Tomorrow, however, I'll actually be with my grandma during the Direct, which means it's the first time she'll actually be watching the Direct firsthand. Silly and sentimental as it is, I'd like to think that K. Rool has waited all this time so that I could witness his glorious return live, with my grandma; it's just too poetic a thought to pass up. Embarrass
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE DID IT!!! HE ACTUALLY DID IT!!! HE WAITED ALL THIS TIME SO THAT I COULD WITNESS HIS GLORIOUS RETURN LIVE WITH MY GRANDMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM TWENTY-FIVE YEARS OLD, AND I LITERALLY SOBBED AND SCREAMED "WE GOT HIM" FOR A SOLID TEN MINUTES DURING/AFTER THE REVEAL!!!!!!!

KONGRATULATIONS KUTTHROATS!!!!!!! WE FINALLY GOT HIM!!!!!! THIS IS OUR FINEST HOUR!!!!!!!! ALL ABOARD THE GANGPLANK GALLEON!!!!!!!

(Side note, does anyone know if there's a policy against posting photos of yourself on here? I've got a picture I'd like to share of me and my grandma wearing our K. Rool t-shirts with our K. Rool knickknacks spread out on the table; I'd like to think that the two of us were responsible for summoning the King. :chuckle:)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The K. Rool reveal was dope.

But what made me shed a tear was finally seeing the Krown toss in action.

Almost everyone that talked about Rool mentions the Krown toss, that it makes seeing the move so surreal for me.

The Krown has an unusual amount of emotional power.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm happy for you, dudes. The heroes Vs. villains kickoff, the historic accuracy and he feels bossy in a good way. I didn't see it happening and ended up incorrect. K. Rool is definitely one of the characters I plan to mess around with.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I like that they kept the cape/jewel and feet from his new design but left pretty much everything else in his old style. It gives him a nice updated look.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized, the K Rool costume Dedede was wearing was probably supposed to represent the mii brawler costume.

And when K Rool knocked Dedede away, he was like "Get that **** outta here. It's the real me time"

Staarih

Smash Master
Congrats guys!! Every site is like super slow for me now haha but I’m sooo hype for K. Rool. I need to chill and rewatch his trailer and gameplay video and really take it all in, I can’t believe it.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Oh man, congratulations everyone - we finally did it..!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy right now, I don't need anything else from this game..

Just a tiny bit sad that it's more of the Paon design than I thought, but he still looks good enough of course. He's in, and that's what's most important!

After seeing Klap Trap I knew there had to be more!! And the stomps... I somewhat saw it coming, but I didn't believe it.. but then all the hero vs villain pics... it really built up to it (when he said Chrom and D.Samus were expected because of their big fan demand I was thinking like "so that pushes K. Rools chances even higher"). I love everyone of you guys right now!

..well actually, now I'm mostly hoping for Dixie and Shadow to make it in as well, the chances should be decent, although after seeing how well they made K. Rool and not revealing Dixie alongside him makes me kinda doubt her.. sadly.

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Woo! Super excited! The one character Ive been hoping for is in! Congrats guys!

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I just realized, the K Rool costume Dedede was wearing was probably supposed to represent the mii brawler costume.

And when K Rool knocked Dedede away, he was like "Get that **** outta here. It's the real me time"
Haha yeah I had the same thoughts talking to my friends. Even if its not intended thats how I'm seeing it and makes the reveal even better!

Top Bottom