• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Is it really aimed at the Japanese audience? It would be showing at about 11 pm there, which doesn't exactly seem like prime viewing time.
It's certainly better than what the US got. Most people here will either be at work or at school when it starts, at least in Japan they'll probably be home.

Also, Sakurai explicitly said the time was chosen to be more friendly to Japanese viewers in a tweet. So yeah.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Meanwhile I'm convinced Isabelle won't be an echo.
If she's playable I don't think she'll be an echo either. Isabelle definitely deserves better than to be thrown into the same character bracket as the likes of Dark Pit and Daisy. She's a major character for Nintendo.

I'm personally not a huge fan of how some Smash fans want certain characters to be echo fighters just because it means the character they want has a better chance or something.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally not a huge fan of how some Smash fans want certain characters to be echo fighters just because it means the character they want has a better chance or something.
I don't think it's that, in Isabelle's case. I think it's more like people are throwing their hands up and going "well, she has to be an Echo because Villager already covers everything an AC character could do".
I disagree with this and think there's certainly enough material to work with for her, however.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Same here. Am still skeptical about leaks, but this one seems plausible. Maybe it's cause I really, and desperately, WANT to believe this tho...
Guys, can we stop believing in every random anonymous text leak we find just because it has a character we want? No matter how good it sounds, it is highly unlikely that any of these anonymous text leakers have any sort of credible information, simply lucky guesses. These people either want the attention or are trolling with our expectations. I saw one on GameFAQs this morning that was "confident" that Ashley would be revealed on Wednesday. I didn't share it because I knew it was pure BS. All leaks must be taken with a huge grain of salt. Believing in them only sets us up for disappointment.

We don't know who will be revealed on Wednesday. It could be anyone.

StormC

Smash Hero
If she's playable I don't think she'll be an echo either. Isabelle definitely deserves better than to be thrown into the same character bracket as the likes of Dark Pit and Daisy. She's a major character for Nintendo.
So was Ganon.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I think if that is the same person he just duped himself.. I can't see k. Rool having the outfit from sluggers.. I get that it's his only "modern" appearance but I just don't see an outfit from a spinoff title getting an alt. I'll be happy to be wrong because again this means this would be true but I really REALLY doubt it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think if that is the same person he just duped himself.. I can't see k. Rool having the outfit from sluggers.. I get that it's his only "modern" appearance but I just don't see an outfit from a spinoff title getting an alt. I'll be happy to be wrong because again this means this would be true but I really REALLY doubt it
I mean, I definitely don't believe the leak due to being a random 4chan leak, but that kind of thing has happened before. Mario's Builder and US Golf outfits come from spin-offs, and Pharaoh K. Rool was even made by Bandai Namco, giving it at least a solid reason behind it.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I mean, I definitely don't believe the leak due to being a random 4chan leak, but that kind of thing has happened before. Mario's Builder and US Golf outfits come from spin-offs, and Pharaoh K. Rool was even made by Bandai Namco, giving it at least a solid reason behind it.
Your right but there's big difference between Mario and K. Rool. I mean I don't even think K. Rool would get his Baron outift let alone the pharoh one. I do see your point and it's a good justification but it just seems highly unlikely. Again though either way I'd be ecstatic if this was true.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'd be hyped if we got both Ashley and K Rool, but I have a personal rule about not believing in any anonymous text leak. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
I’m torn on this “leak” I want it to be real because if K.Rool, however at the same time I want it to be fake due to Lucario having such an uninspired FS. :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guys, can we stop believing in every random anonymous text leak we find just because it has a character we want? No matter how good it sounds, it is highly unlikely that any of these anonymous text leakers have any sort of credible information, simply lucky guesses. These people either want the attention or are trolling with our expectations. I saw one on GameFAQs this morning that was "confident" that Ashley would be revealed on Wednesday. I didn't share it because I knew it was pure BS. All leaks must be taken with a huge grain of salt. Believing in them only sets us up for disappointment.

We don't know who will be revealed on Wednesday. It could be anyone.
I know. I don't trust any leaks, even Vergeben am skeptical about. This is the first "leak" I think or at the very least HOPE is somewhat credible. Mostly cause apperantly, it guessed the August Direct right.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
View attachment 155944

Looks like this "leak" was right about the Direct. Please let this be true. I will never ask for anything ever again.
Call me skeptical, but I don't buy it, simply because they use Nintendo direct, instead of Smash direct, which this will be. They also claim 15 minutes for Smash, but Smash exclusive directs range from 30 to 45 mins.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
The other thing that exposes the leak as fake to me is just how much info this "leaker" shared. If this person knew all of this why not share it from the start. The "I don't want to spoil a lot" thing just seems like this person couldn't come up with anything else good. Now that an August direct got announced they lucked out and now they can poor more on. Notice their extended info is coming post Verg posting on Gamefaqs and this leaker says Isabelle, and alludes to in my opinion Incinaroar which is the popular Gen 7 choice a lot of people are going with since the other popular choices are apparently not happening... that's also 4 reveals in one direct...seems like a lot

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
There were a lot of leaks talking about an August direct, some of them throwed to the dump two days ago. The most I can say about this one in particular is that it haven't burn yet. I wanna believe it because is so good, tomorrow we'll see a new set of leaks and ride the hype train properly, one could be true.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I'm mostly with AngrySun88 AngrySun88 on this one, I'm erring on the side of skeptical for pretty much all text leaks. However, I will say I have a hardon for Vergeben and take his word on Smash Bros as gospel. I honestly don't think K. Rool or Dixie will be revealed Wednesday, but I do think it'll happen at some point.

My prediction for Wednesday is either Simon Belmont, Ashley because of Warioware Gold, or a new pokemon rep. Keep in mind, I'm just making an educated guess here, regardless I'm hype as F R I C C (sry can't swear on Christian servers)

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Here's a fun thought: If anyone here is hoping K. Rool gets revealed in the Direct, what music will play through your head as you watch and hope he gets revealed? My mind music would be something like this.

I hope he gets a medley of all his boss themes like what Smashified did for their King K.Rool episode

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Ashley, meanwhile, is a character whose popularity in Japan to my knowledge is comparable to Little Mac over here, and is at least existent over in the US. To me, she actually seems like a good way to give the Japanese audience someone to get hyped for after the relative obscure choice of Ridley, and for the Western audience to wind down a bit after Ridley while still having a cool new character.
In Smash 4 Little Mac was added and Japan got nothing to compensate that's not how Sakurai makes rosters. I don't Ashley would've been chosen because lack of moveset potential, Warioware was in limbo at the time and there are far more important characters to pick with the smaller newcomers size.

cybersai

Smash Ace
That leaker claims K. Rool will get 4 unique outfits? LOL? Even just getting the Kaptain K. Rool outfit is a bit of a stretch, but he claims the doctor, boxer, and pharoah K. Rool are in it too?

Why would Sakurai give K. Rool of all characters all those outfits? Like I said, if he is in the game I'd probably only see him having the Kaptain outfit and even that is a bit of a stretch.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Okay, now I am more convinced that leak is fake. I feel like this leaker is putting too much on the table here.
To be fair this guy may not be the same guy as the previous one. Neither of them used a 4chan username, just anonymous so it could be two different people.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To be fair this guy may not be the same guy as the previous one. Neither of them used a 4chan username, just anonymous so it could be two different people.
Yeah, there is that, I suppose. I guess I will just stick to the first one for now.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I just need something confirmed. If Ashley or Isabelle are confirmed in 2 days, we can at least "remove them from the speculation list."

As long as we get no major Assist trophy deconfirms, we can still hope for K. Rool, Dixie, and whoever else you want.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The fact that the 2nd leaker explained it was still him..."the same guy with a Daisy pic"..just wreaks of fraud.. The 1st leak is more believable either way you slice it. Lets hope its real.

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Imagine a trailer like this...

The trailer starts with Toon Link on his pirate ship overlooking the horizon. All the while, a storm is brewing behind him with a sinister-looking galleon headlining the lightning. Toon Link jumps into the downstairs cabin and warily looks around. A comedic tripping sound is heard as Toon Link draws his sword.
Suddenly, smoke erupts from the back of the cabin as a shadow smashes into the walls. Toon Link is knocked onto the floor and braces himself with his shield. The shadow expands to reveal, sputtering sparks and smoke all the while...

KAOS KAUSES SOME KARNAGE!

Toon Link looks dumbfounded, as KAOS continues to try and scare the child. The robot then explodes in a slapstick manner. The camera zooms in on the reptilian hand that was presumably operating the robot polishing his crown, then focuses on Toon Link, panting for air in the smoke. The camera then zooms in on Toon Link, holding up his shield, as the reflection reveals the mastermind behind the invasion...

KING K ROOL CAME, SAW AND KONQUERED!

Gameplay footage starts and whatnot, showing off K. Rool's ruthless fighting style (mostly on the Kongs), confirming Pirate Ship's return and a new stage based on King of Swing. Gameplay ends with K. Rool's Final Smash, a cutscene involving K. Rool utilizing all of his personas against the opponent before KAOS appears, comically falling from the sky, and bursting onto the opponent in a Smart Bomb-esque explosion.

The after-credits scene shows K. Rool about to pummel Toon Link, before being uppercutted by Donkey Kong into the sky.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Both of them should be taken with the same grain of salt. I would not be surprised if it was the same person. Anybody can claim they have "inside info" and post anonymously on 4Chan. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment by believing it.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The weird thing is there are some legit leaks.

Like the guy who correctly predicted every cut character would return, including Snake, Young Link and Pichu, which nobody would have believed was true until we saw the trailer. They also correctly predicted the name "Smash Ultimate."

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Both of them should be taken with the same grain of salt. I would not be surprised if it was the same person. Anybody can claim they have "inside info" and post anonymously on 4Chan. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment by believing it.
Yeah, I am doing my best not to believe the first leak that much. Otherwise, I know I may get disappointed.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yeah, I am doing my best not to believe the first leak that much. Otherwise, I know I may get disappointed.
Which is why I'm warning people not to believe leaks, especially when they have a character that you want. More than likely you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Top Bottom