• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Probably Ashley. It's the week of Wario Ware Gold's release, this direct is aimed at Japanese audiences due to the time, and Ashley is popular there. Besides maybe Simon Belmont, i don't think it'll be anyone else.

Could also be a new Pokemon rep, but I'd be underwhelmed if they revealed the pokemon rep this early instead of more established characters.
Or Ashley could be revealed as a returning assist trophy. :troll:

About the red eyes thing, wouldn't it be funny if his red eyes were exactly like K. Rool's red eye? Not for a K. Rool reveal, but I think it would be funny if that happened somehow.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm actually expecting a lot of Assist trophies to be shown in the direct, I just pray to God we don't see a Dixie or K. Rool assist.

I do think the likes of Cranky or Funky Kong should be Assist trophies though, DK really does need some assists.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I think you guys are taking his red eyes comment too literally, I don't think it's a hint. Sakurai is a work-a-holic, he didn't take a vacation during Melee, he worked 7 days a week, he worked with his hand in injury during Smash U's development, worked on DLC right after that, and straight into Smash Ultimate.

Sakurai pours his soul into Smash. I honestly wish Nintendo would let him take a long vacation, everyone else at Smash has learned enough from him they can work on DLC characters without him.
This. Can we stop reading too much into this "red eye" comment? Quite frankly, I find it a little disrespectful to the man who pours his heart and soul into these games.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Not with a limited newcomer roster. If we only get 8 newcomers, and we know two already with Inklings/Ridley, plus the likelihood of a new Pokemon and Simon Belmont...that already brings us down to 4 newcomers.

It's slim pickings, folks. There's a lot of competition this time.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I know many here can't see a K. Rool reveal so close to Ridley but like I said before, we the community see these as characters, as more hype than another. I don't think Sakurai sees it that way.. I think he sees any reveal as equally hype worthy, he can reveal K. Rool anytime. People aren't going to stop paying attention once he gets shown off.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, who you expecting to be revealed on Wednesday?
Isabelle and an echo fighter afterward. If, and only if, there's a third party newcomer on the roster, I can see a third character revealed, likely at the end.

Basically, if there's a third party (let's say Simon), I expect Isabelle at the start, an echo sometime in the middle, and Simon as the final thing in the Direct.

If there's not a third party, I expect an echo reveal sometime in the middle, and Isabelle revealed at the end.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
So, who you expecting to be revealed on Wednesday?
One big shot and a lesser weight. I'm going with a third party for the hard side since I think that there will be more than one newcomer (Belmont, Rayman I guess) and a Nintendo fighter not very demanded overall (Ashley, Isabelle, Elma, an echo, something like that).
Dixie (light weight) and K. Rool (heavy weapons) would be awesome but in my opinion it's time for a third party character,

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Direct.png

Looks like this "leak" was right about the Direct. Please let this be true. I will never ask for anything ever again.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
My main problem with it is that it lacks any information on single player or any new modes. Stuff they didn't touch on during E3.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Giga Tuxedo Bowser is the kind of stupid thing that gives credibility.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't realize I needed Tuxedo Giga Bowser until today.

> K. K. Rool
Ah, there's our Animal Crossing character! :p

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
And we're believing random anonymous 4Chan text leaks because? Anyone can make those and people will believe them.

We'll know for sure by Wednesday, but even as a supporter of K Rool and Dixie, it's my standard policy to treat all text "leaks" as false information.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Here's a fun thought: If anyone here is hoping K. Rool gets revealed in the Direct, what music will play through your head as you watch and hope he gets revealed? My mind music would be something like this.

Nevermind what plays through my head, I just realized Boss Bossanova would be a fantastic track for Smash.

D

Deleted member

There's been a leak every week since the initial reveal saying that we'll get a Smash Direct of some sort. I'd take it as a grain of salt if I were y'all.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
View attachment 155944

Looks like this "leak" was right about the Direct. Please let this be true. I will never ask for anything ever again.
My biggest red flag for this one is "Wedding Dress Peach"

I can believe it, but...

Would they really put in two costumes that similar? Especially since they seemingly got rid of Fire Mario for some reason

...and that's not Peach's only white dress, either...

if you look closely, she's got the Fire Peach red sash here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And we're believing random anonymous 4Chan text leaks because? Anyone can make those and people will believe them.

We'll know for sure by Wednesday, but even as a supporter of K Rool and Dixie, it's my standard policy to treat all text "leaks" as false information.
I believe there was a 4Chan leak that spoiled the details for the E3 Direct the day before. Don't remember where it was, but I did see it.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I think sakruai
View attachment 155944

It kinda of lines up with it. Again i don't think sakurai would say something like that. Especially with the ... at the end. He is hinting at something i know it

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I believe there was a 4Chan leak that spoiled the details for the E3 Direct the day before. Don't remember where it was, but I did see it.
I remember that to. They stated that all returning characters would return and gave the title of the game itself

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Doesn't mean that this one is true, and the one before could have just been a lucky guess. The only person who truly knows is Sakurai.

I seriously have my doubts that these anonymous text leakers have any credible "inside information". Anybody can make a post making that claim and people will believe them.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Doesn't mean that this one is true, and the one before could have just been a lucky guess. The only person who truly knows is Sakurai.

I seriously have my doubts that these anonymous text leakers have any credible "inside information". Anybody can make a post making that claim and people will believe them.
Maybe. It could be a coincidence, but who knows? It could go either way with this leak.

I remember that to. They stated that all returning characters would return and gave the title of the game itself
To you and Angrysun88, here it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/8qmml7/apparently_the_entire_smash_presenation_was/

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Smash blog has samus today
So maybe Dark Samus come Wednesday?
IIRC that was the Japanese anniversary for Metroid, or something. Don't read too much into it.
I never understood the Wii Fit Trainer hate. She represents a certain era for Nintendo’s history
I don't have a problem with her being in Smash, specifically. I just feel she doesn't belong as a playable fighter.
It'd be like if you made a Nintendog a character. Like sure, the series has certainly proven itself, but who was gone "gee, I really want to play as a character from that game and beat up Mario with them"?

She would've been an Assist Trophy in my hands.
View attachment 155944

A lot of people were predicting August Directs, though few were calling early August to my awareness.

That said, I don't think this has any real credibility that makes it particularly notable. Wait and see.

Untouch

Smash Master
I think K Rool is at least safe from deconfirmations at the very least.
I don't think he'd make a good boss character (if SSE is back). He's too small being barely larger than DK (canonically, DK was scaled down in DKC).
I don't think he'd make a good AT. ATs are usually side characters, the exception being Mother Brain and Andross who wouldn't fit as characters at all.
I feel if he isn't confirmed he'll just be ignored. Or maybe they'll reveal him as a costume again, that'll be heartbreaking.

cybersai

Smash Ace
View attachment 155944

This is one of those times you pray a leak is real. There have been some legit real leaks this time around, like the ones that predicted all the characters returning, Ridley being playable, and even the name.

I also believe in Simon Belmont too, so maybe this one is also real.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
View attachment 155944

While I hope that this is true. I just can't believe a random 4chan leak. Why would Gangplank Galleon AND Pirate Ship be back? Why would Peach have her wedding outfit along with Tiara when she already has an alt. similar to that? Giga Tuxedo Bowser? I doubt that considering Giga Bowser was created to be more menacing and less cutesy/cartoony because Sakurai doesn't care for Bowser's new design. Also while DK is a seperate franchise from Mario this Smash Direct seems to only be focusing on Mario universe characters. I just can't see that happening. That being said if this leak is legit and turns out true on Wednesday I will buy everyone in this thread a K.Rool amiibo!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Smash brought back both Animal Crossing stages, as well as the 64 Kirby level with Whipsy Woods and the Melee version. Redundancy isn't an issue.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
its so funny that when a leak comes out, everyone try's to debunk it even when its actually true.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
View attachment 155944

Same here. Am still skeptical about leaks, but this one seems plausible. Maybe it's cause I really, and desperately, WANT to believe this tho...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Probably Ashley. It's the week of Wario Ware Gold's release, this direct is aimed at Japanese audiences due to the time, and Ashley is popular there. Besides maybe Simon Belmont, i don't think it'll be anyone else.

Could also be a new Pokemon rep, but I'd be underwhelmed if they revealed the pokemon rep this early instead of more established characters.
Is it really aimed at the Japanese audience? It would be showing at about 11 pm there, which doesn't exactly seem like prime viewing time. Admittedly, there's no way to schedule these things without some region getting the short end of the stick, but I feel like it's hard to use the airing time to determine what audience the Direct will target.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Isabelle and an echo fighter afterward. If, and only if, there's a third party newcomer on the roster, I can see a third character revealed, likely at the end.

Basically, if there's a third party (let's say Simon), I expect Isabelle at the start, an echo sometime in the middle, and Simon as the final thing in the Direct.

If there's not a third party, I expect an echo reveal sometime in the middle, and Isabelle revealed at the end.
Why are you so confident Isabelle is going to be the next reveal. I’d expect them to have some sort of cross promotion if they’re going the more relevant route, like Ashley for WarioWare Gold or Elma for Xenoblade. Not that I have an issue with her, just she doesn’t seem like the next reveal yet.

Or are you just basing a prediction off of Vergeben?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why are you so confident Isabelle is going to be the next reveal. I’d expect them to have some sort of cross promotion if they’re going the more relevant route, like Ashley for WarioWare Gold or Elma for Xenoblade. Not that I have an issue with her, just she doesn’t seem like the next reveal yet.

Or are you just basing a prediction off of Vergeben?
Honestly it's because that among all options, Isabelle just seems like the next most likely character in general. As such, I think they'd confirm her relatively early.

Top Bottom