• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As long as Dixie, K Rool and Geno get in I'm satisfied. Even more so if Banjo gets in.

If Dillon gets in, that's icing on the cake

And if Blastoise somehow gets in I'm satisfied for life

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
about that riddle leak, while i think it's fake, ill just guess

July - K. Rool and Shantae
August - Heihachi
September - Decidueye
October - Simon Belmont and Isabelle
November - Elma
"rhythm" - Chorus kids
"doll" - Geno"
"prime ribs" - Ninten
"folklore" - no idea, but i hope it isn't Okami, we got enough Capcom

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It’s noteworthy that nearly EVERY SINGLE damn leak has K. Rool on it. There’s more leaks mentioning K. Rool than Simon and Simon has band wagoners.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Had a recent discussion with a friend and wanted to share it here.. the topic was the Krystal AT. He sort of threw the scenario of K. Rool becoming an AT like Krystal who he said was super popular so the same fate could befall the King... and while it certainly could I gave him my reason as to why I believe Krystal got hit with AT status in the first place and it's from Sakurai himself...

Yes Krystal is popular she has a decent following in Japan and the US and was unfortunately slapped with AT status despite appearing on fan polls during the ballot and having a strong showing..but remember who appeared over Krystal most of the time? Besides K. Rool, besides Banjo... Wolf.

Thing is Wolf is by far the MORE popular choice.. and he was handily over Krystal on almost every fan poll, in fact he rivaled and beat K. Rool many times, the simple fact is Wolf is the more popular choice. Sakurai himself even addressed Krystal in an interview after Brawl came out and said that Wolf was easier to make (being a semi-clone) and he was VERY/more popular.. when it comes down to it he's the more popular choice and no doubt when ballot results were looked at Sakurai saw Wolf way ahead of Krystal in terms of requests because you had a whole bunch of Wolf main's who were upset he got cut and voted to get him back. Wolf hurt Krystals chances before and had he not been cut I think she would have had a better shot. In the end though he reached for the more popular and requested choice which alongside the Snake requests I'm sure helped influence the decision to bring back all past fighters because Sakurai's logic is if he brings back some then fans of the other past fighters would be upset their favorite didn't come back so just bring them all.

Now, Star Fox could have gotten Krystal anyway the Star Fox series deserved two characters but clearly with the limited character spots in this game I think Sakurai is only looking for specific characters, Krystal may have fell behind other characters as well and Sakurai may be prioritizing characters that had bigger ballot presence.

This admittedly is starting to shake my confidence in getting two DK characters.... if Krystal got turned down despite Star Fox''s lack of representatives then I'm feeling more like we will only see 1 DK character and odds are it will be the more popular choice.. but in conclusion clealry while Krystal was a big request Wolf was bigger and in the end he came back, there were other characters over her on fan polls one of them being the big Kroc himself so I'm still confident this is his time.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Had a recent discussion with a friend and wanted to share it here.. the topic was the Krystal AT. He sort of threw the scenario of K. Rool becoming an AT like Krystal who he said was super popular so the same fate could befall the King... and while it certainly could I gave him my reason as to why I believe Krystal got hit with AT status in the first place and it's from Sakurai himself...

Yes Krystal is popular she has a decent following in Japan and the US and was unfortunately slapped with AT status despite appearing on fan polls during the ballot and having a strong showing..but remember who appeared over Krystal most of the time? Besides K. Rool, besides Banjo... Wolf.

Thing is Wolf is by far the MORE popular choice.. and he was handily over Krystal on almost every fan poll, in fact he rivaled and beat K. Rool many times, the simple fact is Wolf is the more popular choice. Sakurai himself even addressed Krystal in an interview after Brawl came out and said that Wolf was easier to make (being a semi-clone) and he was VERY/more popular.. when it comes down to it he's the more popular choice and no doubt when ballot results were looked at Sakurai saw Wolf way ahead of Krystal in terms of requests because you had a whole bunch of Wolf main's who were upset he got cut and voted to get him back. Wolf hurt Krystals chances before and had he not been cut I think she would have had a better shot. In the end though he reached for the more popular and requested choice which alongside the Snake requests I'm sure helped influence the decision to bring back all past fighters because Sakurai's logic is if he brings back some then fans of the other past fighters would be upset their favorite didn't come back so just bring them all.

Now, Star Fox could have gotten Krystal anyway the Star Fox series deserved two characters but clearly with the limited character spots in this game I think Sakurai is only looking for specific characters, Krystal may have fell behind other characters as well and Sakurai may be prioritizing characters that had bigger ballot presence.

This admittedly is starting to shake my confidence in getting two DK characters.... if Krystal got turned down despite Star Fox''s lack of representatives then I'm feeling more like we will only see 1 DK character and odds are it will be the more popular choice.. but in conclusion clealry while Krystal was a big request Wolf was bigger and in the end he came back, there were other characters over her on fan polls one of them being the big Kroc himself so I'm still confident this is his time.
At the same time, DKC is a *much, MUCH* bigger franchise than Star Fox, and the two frontrunner characters in popularity, K. Rool and Dixie, have a much bigger pedigree than any Star Fox character that isn't in Smash, and even than those who are.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of want Peppy and Slippy, even if they are nothing but alternate costumes for Fox and Falco

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
I know its always nervous to talk about Dixie because people feel as though only one new DK rep is possible, but I feel she at the very least deserves some kind of spot. I mean they made her playable in Tropical Freeze, so she at least doesnt have the entire 'relevancy' issue against her. If we can get both Dixie and K.Rool I would be considerably happy.

Also am I on the support list yet? I cant remember if I asked.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I another a another center Nintendo character with ponytail her name is Alexandra Roivas she from Eternal Darkness its possible. It just a theory it might be 95% Dixie Kong wouldn't be surprise and mad.
alexandra-roivas-eternal-darkness_480x480.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I another a another center Nintendo character with ponytail her name is Alexandra Roivas she from Eternal Darkness its possible. It just a theory it might be 95% Dixie Kong wouldn't be surprise and mad.
View attachment 152027
I don't think a non-DK character is going to show up the same time as K Rool

Unless that game has a character that can "King" instead of K Rool

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
At the same time, DKC is a *much, MUCH* bigger franchise than Star Fox, and the two frontrunner characters in popularity, K. Rool and Dixie, have a much bigger pedigree than any Star Fox character that isn't in Smash, and even than those who are.
I think it's also worth mentioning that K. Rool has appeared in more titles then Krystal. It's a shame too because I would have liked to see her in Star Fox Zero, but that was more of a pseudo-remake of SF64. Krystal being an AT makes sense to a degree. It still makes me sad though. Having her, K. Rool and Banjo all making it into Smash (somehow) would make for one hell of a Rare reunion.

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
I can see Donkey Kong go from two to four reps (to a lesser extent, Metroid, if Dark Samus is one of the possible echoes), thus fixing one of the biggest issues with Smash 4: the lack of proper Donkey Kong representation.

With Diddy Kong's tail move changed to a kick, Dixie Kong has a good chance of getting in as an echo. Interesting thing to note is that echoes don't get announcement trailers unless it's with a newcomer of the same series (e.g. Dark Pit, Lucina) sporting a unique moveset. It'd be a great way to have an DK-themed announcement trailer happen for fans of both Dixie Kong and King K. Rool, finally getting representation done with justice.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Dropping in real quick to say that I support the big green kroc. Personally, I think it's a kroc of SH-... *ahem* ...that he hasn't been added yet.~

Count me among the supporters. It's about time they put this to rest like they did with Ridley!
Welcome to the Krew Kenny, try not to die ok? Lol jk. Glad to have you aboard!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Everyone is so desesperated for Smash Bros. Ultimate news. Any leak that shows up they will take it for their clickbaiting needs.
And meanwhile these have K. Rool in it. I'd rather not get spoiled the entire roster already. Or there will be no surprises until December.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I think Shantae is the ponytail one, just because "king" and "ponytail" are on the same month, doesn't mean it's on the same day or have to be related like people are thinking with "warrior" and "secretary"

even though this leak is probably fake

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Shantae is the ponytail one, just because "king" and "ponytail" are on the same month, doesn't mean it's on the same day or have to be related like people are thinking with "warrior" and "secretary"

even though this leak is probably fake
Especially if it's fake, it's probably Dixie

Luigi player

Smash Master
With Diddy Kong's tail move changed to a kick, Dixie Kong has a good chance of getting in as an echo.
No.

It'd be a great way to have an DK-themed announcement trailer happen for fans of both Dixie Kong and King K. Rool, finally getting representation done with justice.
Oh heell no.

Dixie Kong as an echo would make zero sense. As much as I love Dixie I'd rather not have her in at all than as an echo. I also seriously doubt Sakurai would ever do this.

You have a character with super clearly obvious traits like Dixies pony tail and her whirl. She could be a semi clone similar to Wolf, maybe. Except her upB would probably be different. Would Sakurai really give her such a treatment to put her in? I don't think so. It wouldn't make Dixie fans happy to have a 2nd Diddy Kong that looks like Dixie without any uniqueness. They'd also have the same speeds etc, which wouldn't make sense again, although I guess Sakurai could just look at Tropical Freeze, idk if they have different speeds there.
Sakurai wanted to include Dixie as a tag team for Diddy. Clearly he wanted to account for DKC2 and maybe the DKC franchise in general. They probably switched with downB like most transformig chars and didn't have a banana.
They were obviously different characters or else there would be no point in switching. Of course we don't know if it really worked like that or if maybe both were the same char like ICs and just working together for some moves. But did Sakurai really plan so many double-chars like ICs? Diddy/Dixie and possibly Plusle/Minun (I mean I could see PraMai as being another pair, but not two more pairs.. even though it's not 100% sure if PraMai really meant Plusle and Minun)? I doubt it. Why would he take away their uniqueness? Though I think it's possible for him to have planned some combination move like them being able to carry and throw each other, who knows. Since Sakurai likes staying true to the games they were probably different characters and switched around like in the DKC games.

I was assuming Sakurai would include Dixie in Smash4, since he probably already had at least something of Dixie already done. It's weird that he didn't include her, and maybe this helps her joining alongside K. Rool in Ultimate for 4 characters for the DK franchise.

Another thing to note, at least for now (though I could see it not holding true for all of them): Echos, atm, have pretty much the same build as their original character.
Pit/Dark Pit.. very obvious.
Marth/Lucina.. she's a relative of Marth, using the same moves. It makes a lot of sense for them being about the same.
Peach/Daisy.. Daisy basically exists as a NPC except for spinoffs/sports games and stuff. She's just another "girl" character alongside Peach. She always pretty much looks like Peach except for her changed hair (it only changed after a while)/colors and stuff. So that makes a lot of sense too. Make Daisy fans happy (finally, since she basically was some kind of costume for Peach already) while including another echo fighter.

That's why I could easily see:
Shadow: Just look at his debut game. He is basically Sonic without Sonics bounce move. So while it would be a little sad for him to just be an echo it would make a lot of sense as well just to add another char (Sonic chars and Shadow are pretty popular in general).
Octoling: I thought this would be a color/costume for Inklings, but it's possible they'll add them as an echo I guess. Since in Splatoon the characters are the same anyway. Although I'm not sure if Sakurai would really want to include them when he already has Inklings.
And maybe Dark Samus. Although she uses different moves, the armor/look is practically the same. She also isn't a playable character in Metroid games (afaik) so it's not like she'd lose that much. Still, a little sad if she loses a few of her cool moves from her Assist Trophy self, but I think it's okay and they could change the specials a little to match her AT attacks at least somewhat.. maybe. Idk how much they're willing to change for echos.

Dixie was a playable character in multiple games with different moves and attributes to the other Kongs. She also looks different and has her obvious pony tail and her signature move is basically the whirl. That's why to me she's a lot different than the echos above.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think a lot of these leaks are banking on an early K. Rool reveal for some easy credibility.

I know you guys don't want to get your hopes up but it does seem like if Sakurai is basing this on the ballot that K. Rool is making it in. Aside from Simon Belmont there isn't anyone else I'd consider more likely than not.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I think a lot of these leaks are banking on an early K. Rool reveal for some easy credibility.

I know you guys don't want to get your hopes up but it does seem like if Sakurai is basing this on the ballot that K. Rool is making it in. Aside from Simon Belmont there isn't anyone else I'd consider more likely than not.
Simon Belmont is only because of Verg.
If Verg had not mentioned Simon, people would have been all over Rayman, Crash, and Steve from Minecraft as the 3rd Party.
While I'm not saying people would not have asked for him, the total number of who did is only because of Verg.

K. Rool was proven in the Ballot of how popular he was. Sakurai and Nintendo got him as leverage. They know that out of all characters left not in game, the ones who would generate most hype based on Ballot, and points prove are 3rd Parties and K. Rool. (More too eventually), but spending them too early might slow the hype down to release. Therefore, I'd be surprised if K. Rool was revealed early, but ... I would be forever grateful and happy, as I can lay that worry to rest.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If Verg had not mentioned Simon, people would have been all over Rayman, Crash, and Steve from Minecraft as the 3rd Party.
While I'm not saying people would not have asked for him, the total number of who did is only because of Verg.

K. Rool was proven in the Ballot of how popular he was. Sakurai and Nintendo got him as leverage. They know that out of all characters left not in game, the ones who would generate most hype based on Ballot, and points prove are 3rd Parties and K. Rool. (More too eventually), but spending them too early might slow the hype down to release. Therefore, I'd be surprised if K. Rool was revealed early, but ... I would be forever grateful and happy, as I can lay that worry to rest.
150% Agree with this... Simon was mentioned back when Brawl was coming people totally want him, but his popularity has decreased over time due to a lack of castlevania... either way the Verg leak mentioning him has caused his name to explode.. if it wasnt for that you would barely see him in leaks..

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Going back to the size subject, I think King K. Rool could be the slowest character in the game. His run starts off fast but becomes slower, exhausting himself at a certain point. His general jumps are bad and the helicopter pack is the only thing keeping him afloat until his weight causes him to descend. His B-Down is like Dedede's but you can charge it and release a large shockwave when you land. The more I envision K. Rool in Smash, the more I see him as a very heavy fighter, even heavier than Bowser. As fun as it would be to dash around the stage, it'd likely make him overpowered to not have some drawback. Final Smash could be the Kutthroats (Har!) ganging up on everyone, K. Rool getting caught up in the jumble and playing dead afterward, triggering another attack if someone comes near.

Another idea was a Lord Fredrik semi-clone and Cactus King as a DK Echo. I don't know why, but the thought of K. Rool made me want more Donkey Kong villains. I had more on this subject and I'll post those later.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Jurae818 Jurae818 I know people don't seem open to the idea, but I wouldn't complain if Lord Fredrik was playable as a K. Rool echo or semi-clone. I love Fredrik. My two favourite DK villains playable would be a pipe dream come true for me.

I'm a fan of Fredrik. But only as long as K. Rool is in first, of course. It'd otherwise be like putting Wart in before Bowser. Makes no sense.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Going back to the size subject, I think King K. Rool could be the slowest character in the game. His run starts off fast but becomes slower, exhausting himself at a certain point. His general jumps are bad and the helicopter pack is the only thing keeping him afloat until his weight causes him to descend. His B-Down is like Dedede's but you can charge it and release a large shockwave when you land. The more I envision K. Rool in Smash, the more I see him as a very heavy fighter, even heavier than Bowser. As fun as it would be to dash around the stage, it'd likely make him overpowered to not have some drawback. Final Smash could be the Kutthroats (Har!) ganging up on everyone, K. Rool getting caught up in the jumble and playing dead afterward, triggering another attack if someone comes near.

Another idea was a Lord Fredrik semi-clone and Cactus King as a DK Echo. I don't know why, but the thought of K. Rool made me want more Donkey Kong villains. I had more on this subject and I'll post those later.
thing is k rool can jump pretty high. his jumps were not that bad in the first DKC game

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

Well to be fair, having Snake return, and Bomberman being an assist trophy would get people thinking that Simon is somewhat up there as Konami could get a second rep. But you're right that the leak definitely had people jumping into the Simon hype train.

Yeah, I expect K.Rool to be one of the last characters to be revealed. Bring on DA King I say.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey Kremlings, just popping in to show my support, not that the King needs it much--I've never felt that he was at all short on supporters, lol. But that doesn't stop me from wanting him in Smash, or thinking he should be in.

If it means anything, coming from a supporter of many other characters, I spend the least amount of time actively supporting K. Rool because, quite simply...he seems like a lock to me. With Ridley and Inkling confirmed, he is the single character with the highest chance of inclusion, bar none. I would say I'm pulling for you guys...if I didn't already think the fight was won.;)

But until that splash screen is seen...I support the Kroc, even if it may be silent.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well to be fair, having Snake return, and Bomberman being an assist trophy would get people thinking that Simon is somewhat up there as Konami could get a second rep. But you're right that the leak definitely had people jumping into the Simon hype train.

Yeah, I expect K.Rool to be one of the last characters to be revealed. Bring on DA King I say.
True, but not before anyone ever saw Bomberman, or the proof of Snake's return.
Bomberman was never mentioned, still, people were banking on Belmont, Ridley and Ice Climbers, which later added Snake's return and Minecraft content.

Yeah, it makes sense. I really can't see him not being in this time. Not saying he would be a shoe-inn, but considering the Ballot, and the Mii costume's details, plus the constant requests I see for him, I'd be surprised if he was left behind yet again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey Kremlings, just popping in to show my support, not that the King needs it much--I've never felt that he was at all short on supporters, lol. But that doesn't stop me from wanting him in Smash, or thinking he should be in.

If it means anything, coming from a supporter of many other characters, I spend the least amount of time actively supporting K. Rool because, quite simply...he seems like a lock to me. With Ridley and Inkling confirmed, he is the single character with the highest chance of inclusion, bar none. I would say I'm pulling for you guys...if I didn't already think the fight was won.;)

But until that splash screen is seen...I support the Kroc, even if it may be silent.

Welcome aboard

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
No thanks to Lord Frederick and Cactus King. Even if they end up being derivative characters in Smash Bros, they still wouldn't be worth it. They are very minor characters in the DK series that aren't requested at all. It would just be DK characters for DK's sake.

King K. Rool is an actually highly requested character with major recurring roles in some of Nintendo's most well known platformers. He's not DK for DK's sake, people actually want him in.

Frederick or any other minor DK villain tagging along seems just because they theoretically could seems like a bad idea; I'm sure there are much better choices for derivative characters in other franchises if that's the case.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Is size still an issue. If so, three words, Mario Super Sluggers. He was relatively the same size as everyone else.

As for how he’d play, I think he’d be similar to Wario. While his move set is different, both him and Wario are bigger characters that are known for quick movement and a more insane personality. Krool would be waited, but not slow. I think his downfall would be his lack of up close options and being a frusterating character (for both player and opponent).

Also this community has opened me up to more character possibilities, and honestly I believe both him and Dixie would get in, this Smash should fill voids, so having the final DK main protagonist and the villain would make a lot of sense and complete the DK franchise. If any character were to come after them, then it’d be a Funky Echo for DK.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Please tell me someone is joking about size being a problem

That roadblock is dead

Ridley was thought to be too big olimar thought to be too small

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Please tell me someone is joking about size being a problem

That roadblock is dead

Ridley was thought to be too big olimar thought to be too small
Well, yeah. But now we know Ridley is only slightly bigger than DK

K Rool is twice as big as DK

That makes him bigger than Ridley.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, yeah. But now we know Ridley is only slightly bigger than DK

K Rool is twice as big as DK

That makes him bigger than Ridley.
You do realize Ridley is not standing tall right?

The taunt makes him stand tall I say king k tools height will be the same as Ridleys as if you did the taunt

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No thanks to Lord Frederick and Cactus King. Even if they end up being derivative characters in Smash Bros, they still wouldn't be worth it. They are very minor characters in the DK series that aren't requested at all. It would just be DK characters for DK's sake.

King K. Rool is an actually highly requested character with major recurring roles in some of Nintendo's most well known platformers. He's not DK for DK's sake, people actually want him in.

Frederick or any other minor DK villain tagging along seems just because they theoretically could seems like a bad idea; I'm sure there are much better choices for derivative characters in other franchises if that's the case.
Yeah, I question why on Earth people would want lesser DK villains (especially that literally who Cactus King) over plenty of options for DK characters that are still viable (Rool, Dixie, Funky, Cranky, Tiny, Lanky and even Chunky). It's like wanting Yin-Yarn instead of Bandana Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
DK and K. Rool have been the same size in multiple games, Donkey Kong land and at the end of DK 64 he and DK are litreally the same size. In in the original country trilogy Diddy and DK are the same height.. size is irrelevant. K. Rool will be Bowsers height

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Did you guys see this?

And it was recently confirmed that diddy kong, birdo and paratroopa are correct

Look at the second one in dlc

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool's size is not known for its consistency. Just like Bowser, how big he is in relation to DK changes depending on the game.

Regardless, this shouldn't even be a subject of discussion; freaking Ridley's in this game as a playable character. If they want to make it work, size is a non-issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom