• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Sometimes people confuse being optimistic with over confidence. Most of the people on this board are cautiously optimistic.

I can see what Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei is saying... K. Rool is on almost everyones prediction roster... a lot of people are considering him a lock.. funnily enough it's a lot of people who are neutral to his inclusion who are considering him an auto in. I myself and many here are trying to not to over hype ourselves...

BKupa666 BKupa666 I've been saying this about the Mii costume since day 1. I feel like theres something more with it... odd how he's of only a handful who got special treatment...

In regards to the discussion of 3rd parties... Simon Belmont, Banjo & Kazooie, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro would be considered pretty hype 3rd parties. Simons been wanted since Brawl at least and Banjo not only gained a lot of traction from the Ballot but as the story goes Sakurai did consider Banjo for Smash a long time ago and the whole Phil Spencer thing and Microsoft and Nintendo's friendly relations are making the Banjo hype even bigger... it's safe to say Banjo is the hypest current 3rd party overall.

IF Banjo was getting in could see them witholding his reveal for his 20th anniversary, which comes up in a few days actually, there was a rumor a little ways back that Rare is working on an HD remake of Banjo Kazooie similar to the Crash remakes and they would announce it on his 20th anniversary. It is plausible that Rare could announce the remake if it's real and Nintendo could do a surprise character reveal the same day via Twitter or something. I'm not saying i think it's likely I'm just saying the timing is right of Banjo is in Smash U.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Sometimes people confuse being optimistic with over confidence. Most of the people on this board are cautiously optimistic.

I can see what Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei is saying... K. Rool is on almost everyones prediction roster... a lot of people are considering him a lock.. funnily enough it's a lot of people who are neutral to his inclusion who are considering him an auto in. I myself and many here are trying to not to over hype ourselves...

BKupa666 BKupa666 I've been saying this about the Mii costume since day 1. I feel like theres something more with it... odd how he's of only a handful who got special treatment...

In regards to the discussion of 3rd parties... Simon Belmont, Banjo & Kazooie, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro would be considered pretty hype 3rd parties. Simons been wanted since Brawl at least and Banjo not only gained a lot of traction from the Ballot but as the story goes Sakurai did consider Banjo for Smash a long time ago and the whole Phil Spencer thing and Microsoft and Nintendo's friendly relations are making the Banjo hype even bigger... it's safe to say Banjo is the hypest current 3rd party overall.

IF Banjo was getting in could see them witholding his reveal for his 20th anniversary, which comes up in a few days actually, there was a rumor a little ways back that Rare is working on an HD remake of Banjo Kazooie similar to the Crash remakes and they would announce it on his 20th anniversary. It is plausible that Rare could announce the remake if it's real and Nintendo could do a surprise character reveal the same day via Twitter or something. I'm not saying i think it's likely I'm just saying the timing is right of Banjo is in Smash U.
Tinfoil hat time. With Microsoft and Nintendo playing nice lately, some weird Microsoft comments lately that some took as them thinking of doing multi-platform stuff (this was before E3 and probably was limited to cross-play and Minecraft), and the rumor of HD Banjo remake, what if they announce an HD remake of Banjo Kazooie is coming to Switch as well? Maybe Nintendo worked out a deal. They give Microsoft free advertising with Banjo in Smash and in return the remake comes to Switch as well as Xbox.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Tinfoil hat time. With Microsoft and Nintendo playing nice lately, some weird Microsoft comments lately that some took as them thinking of doing multi-platform stuff (this was before E3 and probably was limited to cross-play and Minecraft), and the rumor of HD Banjo remake, what if they announce an HD remake of Banjo Kazooie is coming to Switch as well? Maybe Nintendo worked out a deal. They give Microsoft free advertising with Banjo in Smash and in return the remake comes to Switch as well as Xbox.

I'm not sure about that one... Banjo in Smash sure but I can't see an HD Banjo coming to Switch it's Microsoft's IP that would be like Halo coming to the Switch... HOWEVER I can totally see them allowing Nintendo to put Banjo Kazooie on the inevitable N64 Classic that I'm sure will be announced before the holiday season this year. Banjo deserves to be on the N64 classic for one, plus it would pay off for both parties in the long run if MS is making an HD reskin of the classic game, because Banjo in Smash would be huge fan service as well as bring Banjo back to the forefront which helps advertise the N64 classic and a Banjo HD remake. It's a real missed opportunity for both parties if this doesn't happen...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just want to say, that while I think King K. Rool has a good chance of getting in the game, he is definitely not a shoe-in. I mean, while he is wanted, Sakurai is still unpredictable in adding new characters, and it is not like he is obligated to add in every fan request there is. Otherwise, The likes of Waluigi and Minda would be playable by now. There is just no telling if he will make it in, but I still believe in our king, regardless.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Only third party that would exceed any big break out hype is Crash Bandicoot.
For hardcore N64 fans there would be Banjo Kazooie.
For the younger generation of gamers who are made for us to feel old, it would be Steve from Minecraft.
Not entirely Cloud impossible, nor Goku impossible, but impossible and would ruin my day in particular would be Master Chief.

Simon Belmont and Ray Man does not seem to have the same level as Crash. Therefore, I think Crash is the best alternative for a new 3rd Party, in my honest opinion and view, considering the current line of fighters. Does that make it more plausable for it to be Crash? Hell No. I'm not Sakurai, I don't make decisions.

Also, what is this I hear about Isaac supporters not liking K. Rool? I'd thought that if K. Rool was made playable that would bode well for Isaac's possible appearance? Both Isaac and Geno in particular will gain on this, and vice versa. That's the "Fantastic Four-Fan favourites", but they are only 3 now that Ridley left the grounds.
I rather have simon or ray man over Crash. Crash was never that interesting to me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say that I find it odd that we only have a few DK stages confirmed.

As far as I know we only have Kongo Jungle (YEEEEEES), Jungle Japes, and 75M.

Rumble Falls and Jungle Hijinx are currently no shows.

I'd say it means something but then I look at Zelda and... I doubt myself.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I rather have simon or ray man over Crash. Crash was never that interesting to me.
That's fine, we are entitled to have our own opinions and have different preferanes.
I'd like Simon and Rayman too, but for me it was Bomberman and Crash which were the 3rd Parties I wanted.

Dream of Bomberman exploded in my face, and now I hope that my expectations won't crash.

Still, I do think maybe we should drag the 3rd party discussion out of K. Rool as we are starting to derail it a bit off-topic. :upsidedown:

StormC

Smash Hero
I will say that I find it odd that we only have a few DK stages confirmed.

As far as I know we only have Kongo Jungle (YEEEEEES), Jungle Japes, and 75M.

Rumble Falls and Jungle Hijinx are currently no shows.

I'd say it means something but then I look at Zelda and... I doubt myself.
No Pirate Ship stage is also weird. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they're saving a lot of old stages for DLC potential (again).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No Pirate Ship stage is also weird. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they're saving a lot of old stages for DLC potential (again).
I don't think we'd get a Galleon stage even if K.Rool is coming.

Just like how we didn't get a dedicated Ridley stage for Ridley.

I think the most likely scenario is that Pirate Ship comes back, we get a TF stage (which would be awesome) and K.Rool is a newcomer.

Stages =/= Newcomers from existing series mostly.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

I think the most likely scenario is that Pirate Ship comes back, we get a TF stage (which would be awesome) and K.Rool is a newcomer.

Stages =/= Newcomers from existing series mostly.
I don't think having two stages based on a Pirate Ship is impossible.
We have had many different versions of F-Zero, Yoshi, and Star Fox stages which felt similar.

And Wind Waker's Pirate Ship and Gangplank Galleon could be very different.
WWP is very small, and features the little red boat Link uses with it, and it also sinks? And flies through a tornado.
GPG would be larger, and could feature more poles, dropping canonballs, and more of that sake, and not sink nor fly to differentiate, and be more stable. I think those two options would be cool. Pluss, think of the different music each would bring.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not saying they couldn't coexist.

I'm saying I think a Tropical Freeze stage is just a ton more likely.

Enchess

Smash Lord

Well.... I agree we probably won't get a Galleon stage even if K. Rool is coming, but it's not quite true that we don't have a dedicated Ridley stage. Norfair is his stage because it's where you fight him in Super Metroid. We just had his stage before we had him. Also, Pyrosphere if it comes back is undeniably "Ridley's stage".

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Why do you insist on getting my hopes up like this

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am curious how DK stages will pan out given that we have Jungle Hijinxs as a likely returning stage and the most commonly suggested TF stage, Frozen DK Island, is that same level just frozen over.

Grassland Groove stage when

Enchess

Smash Lord
We just got a Warp Star/Rosalina Cosmic Shooting Star thingy, tho. Would they not have the same function?
Speaking of Barrel's of DK, what about Animal Buddies?
My favorite has always been Ellie. Could imagine her either as a stage hazard or assist trophy that basically does Mario's F.L.U.D.D. thing to people.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I am curious how DK stages will pan out given that we have Jungle Hijinxs as a likely returning stage and the most commonly suggested TF stage, Frozen DK Island, is that same level just frozen over.

Grassland Groove stage when
I would love a Bramble Blast stage, a moving stage obviously and you dodge the various hazards

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
We just got a Warp Star/Rosalina Cosmic Shooting Star thingy, tho. Would they not have the same function?
Speaking of Barrel's of DK, what about Animal Buddies?
Thats why I mentioned it. It coulda been used instead. Though it could serve as a different function too. Let it be able to catch falling players and shoot them up instead of shooting them off the edge like the star, perhaps.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
If it's not a rule, then why does absolutely everyone expect a DK character to happen just because?
Nintendo's 4th/5th best selling franchise and oldest running franchise getting only 2 playable characters and no assist trophies feels kinda like a spit in the face. Especially considering, so far, the only new thing DK got is a remix of the bonus room theme.

Also, where is this condescension coming from? I doubt you're going to the Arle Nadja support thread asking why everyone there is expecting a 3rd Sega character.

Like bloody hell, might as well ask why expect newcomers at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New DK stage huh? If not Gangplank Galleon maybe something from Tropical Freeze? Sea Breeze cove for example? Just an idea of course.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I'll tell you one thing: He's NOT a shoe-in. Likely, but not a shoe-in. That's why we have to keep pushing onward until we know for sure!

CrimsonFireWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrimsonFireWolf
3DS FC
0490-5298-4357
Switch FC
5802 6387 3309
Remember all the push for Ridley fan that took like four games for him to get in and I think it was King K rool fans with three games push to be included. So I'm hoping that least can k rool get some love this time around.

What I'm basically saying is determination can get you far unless your character that you're pushing is literally a joke. Sorry Waluigi fans.

Enchess

Smash Lord
unless your character that you're pushing is literally a joke. Sorry Waluigi fans.
Remember when this was something people agreed on? Now somehow people group us K Rool supporters with Waluigi fans as if their situations are similar. Like, K Rool is the main antagonist of one of Nintendo's biggest series. Waluigi was a joke character that was likely originally intended to be a one-off in a spinoff Mario sports title.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Boy. It sure has been a while since I dropped by Smashboards. Thats what a new Smash Bros. game causes after all.

Now, speaking on subject. I was very in during the K. Rool kampaign on the Smash Ballot era. Did some posts, drew some crocs. It was fun. But also very disheartening when the Mii costume was revealed.
This time, I set myself to lower expectations. Ultimate looks great; and even at the soon age of 31, Im excited for a videogame. King K. Kool is still THE character I want to play in a Smash Bros. And no doubt when it gets announced, it will be an extremely happy moment for me. But, this time, I will only sit and wait on the sidelines, with quiet support.
As for his chances. Like last time, they look higher than ever. But it can also mean nothing in the end.

P.S. for the ones that never seen me before. I also would love Banjo-Kazooie for Smash. But I'm even more level-headed over him. And I still want K. Rool more. My username is one that I made a long time ago in the Melee era. When I really wanted Banjo in Smash.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Boy. It sure has been a while since I dropped by Smashboards. Thats what a new Smash Bros. game causes after all.

Now, speaking on subject. I was very in during the K. Rool kampaign on the Smash Ballot era. Did some posts, drew some crocs. It was fun. But also very disheartening when the Mii costume was revealed.
This time, I set myself to lower expectations. Ultimate looks great; and even at the soon age of 31, Im excited for a videogame. King K. Kool is still THE character I want to play in a Smash Bros. And no doubt when it gets announced, it will be an extremely happy moment for me. But, this time, I will only sit and wait on the sidelines, with quiet support.
As for his chances. Like last time, they look higher than ever. But it can also mean nothing in the end.

P.S. for the ones that never seen me before. I also would love Banjo-Kazooie for Smash. But I'm even more level-headed over him. And I still want K. Rool more. My username is one that I made a long time ago in the Melee era. When I really wanted Banjo in Smash.

Nah man, we need you back, loud and proud!

Remember when this was something people agreed on? Now somehow people group us K Rool supporters with Waluigi fans as if their situations are similar. Like, K Rool is the main antagonist of one of Nintendo's biggest series. Waluigi was a joke character that was likely originally intended to be a one-off in a spinoff Mario sports title.
Why cant we like both? Waluigi has really came into his own in recent years.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Huh, haven't been here in 3 years. Nice to see people still care about K. Rool I guess. Can't say I have much hope at this point though. I mean for K. Rool or any other DK character for that matter. I just don't think Sakurai cares. I can only wish I'm proven wrong.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People caring about King K. Rool for over a decade is a good thing because it shows genuine support.

It's still nice to see this sort of thing when people are so fickle about character choices these days. Those people that just abandon characters they seemingly want on a whim are weak. Those that don't are determined, and that determination can be rewarding.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Why cant we like both? Waluigi has really came into his own in recent years.
I'm not really opposed to Waluigi in Smash. I just think he'd be a joke character like Pichu. Nothing wrong with that, I love joke characters. I just am baffled by people acting like he 'deserves' a spot more than the protagonist of an unrepresented series (Golden Sun, Chibi-Robo, Panel de Pon, etc), the villain of one of Nintendo's biggest series (DK, Metroid), or main character from most recent iteration of an A-list series (FE at this point, Pokemon). Like, if Isaac or K Rool don't get in, despite being a main protagonist and main antagonist respectively, I won't feel wronged. But I see a lot of Waluigi fans acting like they got spit on because a joke character didn't get in.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I'm not really opposed to Waluigi in Smash. I just think he'd be a joke character like Pichu. Nothing wrong with that, I love joke characters. I just am baffled by people acting like he 'deserves' a spot more than the protagonist of an unrepresented series (Golden Sun, Chibi-Robo, Panel de Pon, etc), the villain of one of Nintendo's biggest series (DK, Metroid), or main character from most recent iteration of an A-list series (FE at this point, Pokemon). Like, if Isaac or K Rool don't get in, despite being a main protagonist and main antagonist respectively, don't get in, I won't feel wronged. But I see a lot of Waluigi fans acting like they got spit on because a joke character didn't get in.
He's not really a joke character though. Not any more than Wario. As I said, he has his own personality that makes him stand out now and fans have seen that. They believe he should get as much recognition as Wario, and with Daisy getting in, I honestly can't blame them. His popularity is high right now not just because he's a meme, but because Nintendo are finally embracing his quirkiness a bit more and its fun. He has a lot of potential to be in Smash down the road.

____

As for K. Rool...

People caring about King K. Rool for over a decade is a good thing because it shows genuine support.

It's still nice to see this sort of thing when people are so fickle about character choices these days. Those people that just abandon characters they seemingly want on a whim are weak. Those that don't are determined, and that determination can be rewarding.
Absolutely. As I've said elsewhere I've wanted him since Melee. This has been a long-running dream of mine and now with this new version being my re-introduction to smash, I will support him now harder than ever. ALL OF YOU should! NEVER give up!

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
He's not really a joke character though. Not any more than Wario. As I said, he has his own personality that makes him stand out now and fans have seen that. They believe he should get as much recognition as Wario, and with Daisy getting in, I honestly can't blame them. His popularity is high right now not just because he's a meme, but becaise Nintendo are finally embracing his quirkiness a bit more and its fun. He has a lot of potential to be in Smash down the road.
Wario was introduced as a dark mario for the purpose of being a final boss. Waluigi was created because Wario didn't have an existing logical choice for a tennis partner. Wario moved onto be the protagonist of multiple series. He gets in on virtue of his role as protagonist, as evidenced by his WarioWare outfit and stage. So their situations aren't really similar.

Waluigi having a personality doesn't make him not a joke character. Jigglypuff and Pichu are widely considered joke characters and both of them have plenty of personality in their appearances outside of Smash. In the anime especially. The thing is Waluigi has never been main protagonist, main antagonist, or even sidekick (EDIT: sidekick of the main character).

As far as Daisy goes, I think she pretty much got in by virtue of how little effort she took, being basically just Peach with different hair and personality (Waluigi can never fill that easy clone territory). Even then, Daisy had a role equivalent to Peach in the main series as well, another thing Waluigi still hasn't had.

From my perspective, being outraged at a lack of Waluigi is similar to if DK fans were outraged that Kass isn't playable (another character made for a spinoff to be the reflection of a main series character). I'm not opposed to his inclusion. He is quirky and fun. I just don't think anyone was wronged by him being passed over in favor of (so far) a series protagonist, a series antagonist, and super low effort echo.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Wario was introduced as a dark mario for the purpose of being a final boss. Waluigi was created because Wario didn't have an existing logical choice for a tennis partner. Wario moved onto be the protagonist of multiple series. He gets in on virtue of his role as protagonist, as evidenced by his WarioWare outfit and stage. So their situations aren't really similar.

Waluigi having a personality doesn't make him not a joke character. Jigglypuff and Pichu are widely considered joke characters and both of them have plenty of personality in their appearances outside of Smash. In the anime especially. The thing is Waluigi has never been main protagonist, main antagonist, or even sidekick.

As far as Daisy goes, I think she pretty much got in by virtue of how little effort she took, being basically just Peach with different hair and personality (Waluigi can never fill that easy clone territory). Even then, Daisy had a role equivalent to Peach in the main series as well, another thing Waluigi still hasn't had.

From my perspective, being outraged at a lack of Waluigi is similar to if DK fans were outraged that Kass isn't playable (another character made for a spinoff to be the reflection of a main series character). I'm not opposed to his inclusion. He is quirky and fun. I just don't think anyone was wronged by him being passed over in favor of (so far) a series protagonist, a series antagonist, and super low effort echo.
This isn't the Waluigi thread, but I'll stand by what I said: He's no longer just a random clone of Wario. There's plenty of reasons to support him making the cut, none of which I'm at liberty to really talk about here.

Never been a sidekick? He's Wario's sidekick in nearly every game he's in, and not just from a gameplay POV.

Edit: Let us stay on topic, though.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman

Waluigi having a personality doesn't make him not a joke character. Jigglypuff and Pichu are widely considered joke characters and both of them have plenty of personality in their appearances outside of Smash. In the anime especially. The thing is Waluigi has never been main protagonist, main antagonist, or even sidekick.

Ah, but the thing is, people don't care how prevalent Waluigi is in the main games, how he's been sidelined to only appear in sports spinoffs. They want the character for the character's sake, because as far as the Mario franchise is concerned, a minor character like Waluigi is still more popular than characters from almost any other series besides Pokemon. And you can't deny the character has personality - memes completely notwithstanding.

Waluigi reminds me of K. Rool a bit, if I'm being honest. They've both been neglected by their main series (K. Rool not being in Retro's DKC, Waluigi not being in any major Mario or Wario games), and they both have a huge fan following placing well on fan ballots. Yes, K. Rool has the original legacy of being the major villain of the DKC trilogy, DK64, and some spinoffs, but whether you like it or not, or blame it on memes, Waluigi exploded in popularity on the Internet over the past few years, so his third appearance as an Assist Trophy is rubbing people the wrong way. It just so happened that the roster was probably all but finalized two and half years ago, and Waluigi's rise among fans came later.

Now this doesn't justify harassing Sakurai or spamming other discussions about it, but it comes from a place of genuinely wanting the character, very much like a big crocodile king who's been ignored by his own series for the past decade. Or a certain bear and bird whose developers have all left the company that owns them. Or a magical blue puppet with an arm cannon from a 1996 RPG. Or, at least in the context of Smash, a big purple dragon who killed Samus' parents. At the end of the day, terms like relevance, franchise representation, first party, third party, and "joke character" mean very little in terms of people's wishes and hopes for a character's inclusion, and are more used to justify a character's likeliness or unlikeliness to join the roster. We aren't Sakurai or Nintendo, and can only hope that our individual character wishes match with characters they think will generate hype and attention.

Edit: Sorry for rambling, but felt it needed to be said. I agree that this thread should get back to focusing on K. Rool, lol

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Both K. Rool and Waluigi are examples that it doesn't matter how often or sparingly a character is used. If they can RESONATE and endear themselves to rgw people, thats what matters. Bottom line: Both are deserving and, as a fan of both, I support them.

BEING that this is the K. ROOL thread though, I ask you: What are YOU doing to let Nintendo know K. Rool matters? Its noy enough to sit and hope!

Me, I'm trying to educate those that are unaware about him and his importance to the DK lore!

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
They want the character for the character's sake, because as far as the Mario franchise is concerned, a minor character like Waluigi is still more popular than characters from almost any other series besides Pokemon.
This is why I focus on things like being primary protagonist or antagonist of a game. Of course a side character from Mario is more popular than the main character of most other series. But I don't think any of us want a roster with 15 Mario characters, 10 Zelda characters, and 30 Pokemon. I think it's reasonable to assume Sakurai considers this as well, or else we'd have Toad by now, who has actually been considered a main character numerous times.

Both K. Rool and Waluigi are examples that it doesn't matter how often or sparingly a character is used. If they can RESONATE and endear themselves to rgw people, thats what matters. Bottom line: Both are deserving and, as a fan of both, I support them.

BEING that this is the K. ROOL thread though, I ask you: What are YOU doing to let Nintendo know K. Rool matters? Its noy enough to sit and hope!

Me, I'm trying to educate those that are unaware about him and his importance to the DK lore!
K Rool got my vote in ballot and I keep telling my friends why he's the best choice for a new character (at least now that Ridley is in). I also corrected people's perceptions that he'd basically just be Bowser clone (yeah, I've heard that). Non-DK fans seem to be completely unaware that he's a gadget fighter.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Well, fact of the matter is, K. Rool is either in the game or not at this point. At least until they announce DLC, the roster has been finalized and likely has been for a year or more. This applies to every other possible character as well. So it's just a question of who's in and who's not, and we'll slowly learn more, and get a few confirmations and with them a ton of deconfirmations over the coming months before release.

Even if K. Rool's not in the base game and we're talking DLC, there's not much the average person can do. The ballot was probably the most we realistically could do, and it showed by giving us, at the very least, a Mii costume in Smash 4. Whether or not it was enough for him to join the roster in Ultimate remains to be seen. I remain cautiously optimistic, and could really see it going either way.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
This is the time for a newcomer DK character.

And it ain't KKR.

Cranky for Smash.
I doubt it. DK's new grab is a direct reference to DK Arcade. King K. Rool is the DK rep this game needs!

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I doubt it. DK's new grab is a direct reference to DK Arcade. King K. Rool is the DK rep this game needs!
Pfft. Belcha is obviously the DK rep this game needs.

Jab - jump forward
F-tilt - jump forward
F-smash - jump forward
Special - belch
Side special - spit out bug
...um...just repeat the same moves for everything else.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm not going to go out of my way to advertise Waluigi in the K. Rool thread, and they're clearly different in the roles they have in their source material. But one important area where the two overlap is in their standout personalities.

I do think personality is an underrated factor that makes some characters more electric additions than others. Comparing characters like Duck Hunt and Shulk, for example, the former has so much expressiveness that bleeds over into his attacks, with how he smirks while cans are being shot around or goes bug-eyed when falling from Up Special. Meanwhile the latter has a cool catchphrase or two, but otherwise gets a fairly run-of-the-mill brave, heroic portrayal.

Both K. Rool and Waluigi are solidly in the camp of characters you couldn't possibly add without their over-the-top personalities being conveyed to some extent. In that way, I think there's a similar appeal in requesting them as newcomers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom