• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
A little off-topic but since Retro Studios has been MIA and a recent rumor seems to point to Retro Studios closing up shop soon who out of Nintendo's stable would you like to see take over the series next? I think Monster Games would be a decent fit to take over the franchise since they helped on development for Tropical Freeze and did the 3D port of Returns. Also their racing games like Excite Truck/Bots are good and wouldn't mind them making a new Diddy Kong Racing or hell another DK racer in general. If not them maybe Bandai Namco? No I definitely don't want a 3rd Konga game but maybe they could do to the Country series what their (rumored) to be doing with Prime 4.

We know they know how to work with Nintendo IP in the past maybe give DK another shot but this time not in a rhythmy gimmick game. I say them because if they took over the series there would be no doubt in my mind they would use Kremlings and K.Rool. Since namco is the only one in recent years to do anything with the character. Whether that being adding him as a playable character in Mario Super Sluggers or giving him a Mii costume in Wii U/3DS and using the Kritters in Smash Run.
Is there a source to this rumor?

Klimax

Smash Ace
I never trusted this whole "Bayonette won because she's really popular in Europe". People didn't care about her, no one imagined that she could fit in Smash.

And she's not a big deal in Europe. People like her games, but that's pretty much it. And the silent majority argument doesn't work with Bayonetta, it's not like her games were top sellers.

cothero

Smash Lord
uuuuuh....

https://twitter.com/Virum_SD/status/1013939722870116353

we may have ben right all along about king k rool during the ballot all along he was probably the most voted for

According to the miners

that last placeholder added was actally corrin and not bayonetta and bayonetta was under development a couple of days after the ballot began

this ballot may have ben for super smash brothers ultimate the whole time

YOU LIAR!!!!!!

WHO WAS THE REAL MOST VOTED FOR WHO WAS REALALISTIC AS POSSIBLE FIGHTER!!!
(most voted was probably goku but is unrealistic)
Do you guys remember this news from back 2012?

https://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/...-sakurai-caught-sneaking-into-platinum-games/

For me, it's obvious that Bayonetta was already planned from the beggining of Sm4sh development. The whole "Bayo was the most requested character in Europe" thing was a convenient lie, as the team probably decided to use the ballot results on Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm noticing a surge in viewership on this thread in light of the recent DLC news, and people quickly figuring out what the Ballot really meant, and that was for Smash Ultimate. And I think that just maybe, the Mii Costumes we got were signs of things to come.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I hope the ballot was in fact sign of thing to come for this game. K. Rool's chances then just shot up again, possibly. :)

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think K. Rool "won" the ballot as far as getting the most votes of any video game character. But I'm fairly confident worldwide, he was the most popular Nintendo newcomer, when you factor in America, Europe, and Japan. Japan support is going to make the difference IMO. Sakurai won't neglect his home country's requests.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Plus Bayonetta's game sales are nowhere near to many of the top franchises of Nintendo. I'm not trying to say that she is irrelevant, but she definitely didn't have the same vocal support as franchises like Mario, Pokémon, DK or even the Goku trollers had.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm noticing a surge in viewership on this thread in light of the recent DLC news, and people quickly figuring out what the Ballot really meant, and that was for Smash Ultimate. And I think that just maybe, the Mii Costumes we got were signs of things to come.
What about takamaru and knuckles then?

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
Space Pirate here, I've always wanted K. Rool too so sign me up for 2018's list of Kremling Kutthroats. I used to lurk in the K. Rool support thread with my old account but after the news about the Smash Ballot I'm here to throw in my support double time.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Well Takamaru and Knuckles are different because their Mii costumes are mostly derived from already existing assets. Any new assets were incorporated into their already existing design. I'm not saying it's definite that K. Rool's costume means anything different, but the new design and new assets kind of shows that the production of that costume in particular was different than the others.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

"Perfectly balanced, as all things should be."

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I don't know whether to be excited or hold my breath. This is the month the leak says K. Rool is getting revealed (if true).

It's nerve-racking.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I don't know whether to be excited or hold my breath. This is the month the leak says K. Rool is getting revealed (if true).

It's nerve-racking.
ehh i wouldn't get my hopes up. Somebody said that banjo and kazooie was suppose to be revealed yesterday. Never happened lol I really do hope that leak is true because we'll know for sure if K Rool is confirmed and i'll be happy with the other 4 characters. Out of all the leaks, I'm happy with those set of characters. Don't worry they will add DLC as well. The leaker who leaked Ridley confirmed it. Guess we'll find out Monday

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I guess I'm just afraid of him getting left out again. I hate the idea.
I think most of us are, but there is no reason to get cold feets now. I'll get cold feet in December, you know, when it snows.
No, but, until the game is released, I would not worry. If he is in, then he will be, and I'd be over the moon, if not, DLC?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Unpopular opinion time, Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper

I hate Daisy, with a passion. I feel she got in without deserving her spot. I feel like if K. Rool misses his shot this time, a character I loathe with all my heart is considered "more important"

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
I never trusted this whole "Bayonette won because she's really popular in Europe". People didn't care about her, no one imagined that she could fit in Smash.

And she's not a big deal in Europe. People like her games, but that's pretty much it. And the silent majority argument doesn't work with Bayonetta, it's not like her games were top sellers.
Well I wouldn't be shocked if, out of all of the different regions of the world, Europe likely requested Bayonette the most compared to every other region, meaning that she was the most requested in Europe (compared to Bayo voting in say, the America's and Japan).

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
You know, TCRhade TCRhade it's ok to not like something, but, I think you should remember;

Daisy is an echo, which is the same as Lucina and Dark Pit, which were all late addition's to the roster, and most likely Daisy was too.
All characters are as of now completed, or near completion, with balancing, and finale touches being brought upon them. The way they revealed Daisy was genious, as they made it so that we knew she did not take up developement time, and is a late addition, just like every other clone. Daisy fans just got their biggest wish true, and I'm really happy for them. Daisy is no issue at all when it comes to Smash, and she certantly deserves it.

But, as I said, it's ok to not like something, it's in your right.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
You know, TCRhade TCRhade it's ok to not like something, but, I think you should remember;

Daisy is an echo, which is the same as Lucina and Dark Pit, which were all late addition's to the roster, and most likely Daisy was too.
All characters are as of now completed, or near completion, with balancing, and finale touches being brought upon them. The way they revealed Daisy was genious, as they made it so that we knew she did not take up developement time, and is a late addition, just like every other clone. Daisy fans just got their biggest wish true, and I'm really happy for them. Daisy is no issue at all when it comes to Smash, and she certantly deserves it.

I really like this attitude.

Well played.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, about the ballot thing we are talking about, do you guys think it is at least possible that our voting for K. Rool influenced him getting a costume in Smash 4, influence as in one of a number of factors that determined that?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That's not the case. One of the miners (Ruben) revealed that their slots were copied from characters with similar parameters and for Bayo it was ZSS, and that was only two weeks after the ballot was announced. We KNOW that DLC characters take around 6 months to make, the data for 1.0.6 would have been made and compiled before the date it was added into the game. There's no way this would have been decided in two weeks when they also have to decide on Bayo and Corrin, complete the licencing and start the process of making them.
Would the licensing take long? Maybe Bayonetta appearing on future Nintendo software was already negotiated when Nintendo first became involved with the property.

If it's how you say it is though, and the implication is they lied about how Bayonetta was chosen, that's pretty sad.

Also, It's pointless to fret over leak dates or not. The truth is almost all are fake. The fundamentals are more important and reliable. And one fundamental issue is a character's popularity. I think we can confident K. Rool is among the tippy toppest of Nintendo characters in character requests. That isn't the only thing that matters and even with popularity he may not be chosen for some other reason. But that's more reliable than putting any thought into the dozens of fake leaks that spring up day to day.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I sure didn't mean to dump on Daisy fans, for sure. I'm just a little envious. :(
It's ok to be nervous. K. Rool has been my most wanted newcomer since Brawl. I've been wrecked, but I'm still here, and I'm more confident than ever. Not feeling anyone is near a shoe-inn as Inklings, but a lot of things bode well for our King this time around.

I don't think we should worry as of now. Even if Dixie gets revealed, don't freak out. K. Rool is a very vocally heard name around fans of Smash, and Sakurai and Nintendo has certantly taken notice, we have gathered enough to know that, and with the whole Ballot thing x Bayonetta, I'm getting more positive feelings towards this. Let's be happy for everything that we get, while still keep excitement and ecstatic for our King. Remember, as of now, most of the new characters so far has been fan favourites who have been waiting just as long as us. We should be happy for Daisy and Ridley fan as I'm sure they will be happy for us.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'm happy about Ridley, that's for sure. I wanted him too and am psyched that he's in <3

I've also wanted Rool since Brawl, and I think it's mighty unfair that he's had to wait this long, same for Ridley. But Ridley fans can rest easy at least, and he's contributed a lot to Metroid :)

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
At this point, I don't personally care about all these leaks whether they have K. Rool in them or not. Pretty much most of them are just begging for attention and whatnot. I'm just ready for the real deal, whenever that will be who knows.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Unpopular opinion time, Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper

I hate Daisy, with a passion. I feel she got in without deserving her spot. I feel like if K. Rool misses his shot this time, a character I loathe with all my heart is considered "more important"

I'm offended. Daisy's a Mario character. Mario is Nintendo's flagship series. Daisy took no development time; she plays identically to Peach.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

I'm offended. Daisy's a Mario character. Mario is Nintendo's flagship series. Daisy took no development time; she plays identically to Peach.

Hey, don't worry, he did not really mean that I'm sure. Look at what I wrote, he came around, and there is no need to fuzz a fight for this issue.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper I do hate her. But I'm glad for her fans. I'm just REALLY jealous mainly because MY favourite character still didn't make the cut (as far as we know).

I'm not here to fight anyone. I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm not forcing it down anyone's throat. :)

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
its weird because alot of the characters that were mii costumes for smash wii u have been confirmed in some way.

Klimax

Smash Ace
At this point, i'm 90% sure that K Rool is in the game. A 16 years old wait is going to end, I'm pretty sure about it.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
No reason for jealousy when the full roster is yet to be revealed.
If I had that attitude regarding my second most wanted character, who is Samurai Goroh, I'd feel like I would not be that fun to be around.
Still, you are correct that you are entitled to your own opinion, but I'm sure you did not wish to fight with anyone, and that's what I meant.

As said, no need to be negative until the game itself is out and we know the full roster. Then it's just drifting at sea with the other Kuthrots until the mentioning of DLC.

Untouch

Smash Master
I find leaks without video proof hard to believe at all.

Even if shoddy text leaks end up being true (as they occasionally do), they're hard to speculate over when there's so many of them and so many of them contradict eachother.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Why do you hate her, though?
Why? I feel she brought nothing important to Nintendo. Just Mario spinoffs. I have a variety of reasons but that's the main one. I don't want to get too deep into this in Rool's thread.

Speaking of Rool, the only thing that brings me comfort is all the fan favourite pics. Including everyone's favourite vet(s)/.

Top Bottom