• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai never answers anything in relation to potential characters before a game's release, he only ever talks about them post-release, so it'd be pointless to do so. I do wish someone had asked him about the K. Rool costume during one of the Smash 4 interviews, like they did with Geno.
My point wasn't to ask him now. My point was that nobody has asked him up to this point. He's talked about Ridley and Geno before in the past, but he's never been asked about K. Rool. It's pretty disappointing to see that not anyone has ever brought him up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not, but it brings attention to the public eye and definitely boosts Waluigi's chances.
He's...

Already been deconfirmed

You can multiply his chances by 1 million if you want

But anything x0 = 0

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
It's not, but it brings attention to the public eye and definitely boosts Waluigi's chances.
It doesn't increase or decrease his chances. Whether this catches the eye of the public (in the U.S. specifically) is really irrelevant when it comes to Sakurai. If he see's that Waluig has the potential to bring something interesting to Smash then he'll add him. This all really comes down to what he thinks about Waluigi. And so far it seems like Walugi will stick as an AT.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I hate leaks so much. They lead you to false hype and disappointment. Now i hate this leak even more because its making me nervous even if it could be fake. Apparently, King K. Rool is rumored to be confirmed for smash on July 9th of this year.

>July 9th
King K Rool
>August 1st
Issac
>September 26th
Simon
>October 29th
Saki Amamiya
>December 5th
Elma

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422208494

Its probably fake but ****, now I'm expecting something on july 9th

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know what'd be worse? If he changed his plans to include waluigi because of their feedback and not ours x.x
There's no way they'd make a roster change this late in development.

Even if Waluigi had a ghost of a chance, which I doubt...he wouldn't be getting in until dlc rolls around.

More than likely this will effect Waluigis chances in the next Smash game and not this one.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
When I did some mock-up rosters with Brawl, one thing I liked about that game was how DK got sized up. I imagined that K. Rool would be bigger than Bowser to reflect how massive he was compared to DK/Diddy in DKC. I still stand by the notion he should be very large. I imagine his default look with his larger hands from DKC2 onward to show just how big he is. He would have a slight hunch in terms of a fighting stance (Not Melee/Brawl Bowser's hunch, but he wouldn't be entirely upright). Ridley's already really tall, so why not have a really big K. Rool?

With his gold armor, he could have some scratches on the surface, too. Maybe even a strap on the back to show it's armor rather than mistaking it for his skin.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Whats this about armor, anyway! I never saw it as armor, just different colors on his belly! Golden scales, to reflect his chosen kingliness! It's not something he can just take off.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
I hate leaks so much. They lead you to false hype and disappointment. Now i hate this leak even more because its making me nervous even if it could be fake. Apparently, King K. Rool is rumored to be confirmed for smash on July 9th of this year.

>July 9th
King K Rool
>August 1st
Issac
>September 26th
Simon
>October 29th
Saki Amamiya
>December 5th
Elma

Lol at least we'll know fore sure it's bull**** in a couple of days.

Enchess

Smash Lord

>July 9th
King K Rool
>August 1st
Issac
>September 26th
Simon
>October 29th
Saki Amamiya
>December 5th
Elma

If that's real I get 4/5 of my top 5 most wanted new comers (counting Ridley) plus 2 of my top 10 (counting Inklings).

Unfortunately, I don't think Sakurai is making this game for me personally so I can't believe this one, but I'm gonna be watching the blog like a hawk on July 9th. Fingers crossed.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Woah. Last night I dreamt about a tons of characters being revealed. Glorious HD renders of all of them, still I just remember one and that's King K. Rool, because that was the one I was anticipating, even in dream, and he looked great. Still not the Rare design tho.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
If that's real I get 4/5 of my top 5 most wanted new comers (counting Ridley) plus 2 of my top 10 (counting Inklings).

Unfortunately, I don't think Sakurai is making this game for me personally so I can't believe this one, but I'm gonna be watching the blog like a hawk on July 9th. Fingers crossed.
Is anything important on the 9th?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte

I don't think we'll be the only ones doing this on the 9th. K. Rool, being my #1 most-wanted Smash newcomer of all time, I'd scream YES till I have no voice left. I swear. I don't care what his moveset is. I don't care how "bad" or "good" he ends up on the Ultimate tier list. Rool will be my automatic main.

But just Ridley alone proves Rool has a huge chance. Ridley was the #1 most requested character, like, ever and he got in despite being "impossible" in the past. Nothing is impossible anymore.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice

>July 9th
King K Rool
>August 1st
Issac
>September 26th
Simon
>October 29th
Saki Amamiya
>December 5th
Elma

Elma being revealed in December I'd buy, since that's when XCX was released in the US, but the rest I'm not so sure of. I WANT to believe K. Rool will be revealed that early, but something in my gut tells me he's being saved for a special occasion. Same with Simon.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Elma being revealed in December I'd buy, since that's when XCX was released in the US, but the rest I'm not so sure of. I WANT to believe K. Rool will be revealed that early, but something in my gut tells me he's being saved for a special occasion. Same with Simon.
Having Isaac revealed on the 17th anniversary of Golden Sun would be amazing too

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
If K.Rool is in the game but not Dixie, I'm going to feel super weird.
I'd be at the same time more than happy, but also disappointed.
But I prefer this scenario than Dixie and no K.Rool.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wtf is up with these idiotic imgur ‘leaks?’

Is Nintendo like “oh, you signed an NDA so you can’t talk about it unless you post vague unassuming images and say ‘lol these suggest the characters, but I legally can’t say who they are lol’”

Heck, I could post up a series of random Google Images and claim “Ooh, this represents the Smash characters!” And it’s easy enough to twist it any way you want: “the Crocodile with the crown actually represents a reptilian king, which is supposed to be Akatosh, First of the Nine Divines. And since Alduin is associated with Akatosh, that means Dovahkiin will be playable. QED”

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Another image leak :D !

It is just piggy backing the other leak no ?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the "leaks". They're probably all fake. People love making these up to raise expectations, to create chaos, to cure their boredom. If we have any reason to believe one's real, I'm sure we'll hear it discussed.

We have good reason to believe K. Rool was one of the most popular characters on the ballot. That's enough and more reassuring than teasing out patterns between troll posts.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I think k rool should be reveal not to late. It would bring even more hype to smash ultimate. I think very special occasions should be for third party

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Oh God. All these supposed K Rool leaks. It's going to be a long 6 months...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know what'd be worse? If he changed his plans to include waluigi because of their feedback and not ours x.x

Gonna be honest though: if i was given the choice to decide, with both fan bases beside me....I'd pick Waluigi. NOT because I dont want K. Rool...but because It wouldn't be right to prolong another's suffering over my own. If I can help THEM be happy....I can wait....

Is that wrong of me, bros.?
I'm gonna stop you *right* there. That is *not* how this process works. If Waluigi gets included at all, it'd basically have to be DLC at this point. It'll probably happen, but only as DLC at minimum. The game is less than 6 months away and characters that are fully unique take way longer than that to conceptualize and design.

If K. Rool is planned for this game, and our assumptions about the uniqueness of his Mii costume are correct, his complex character model would've had to have been planned for the base game. Back in late 2015 or even earlier. Waluigi has no impact on him.

Sakurai never answers anything in relation to potential characters before a game's release, he only ever talks about them post-release, so it'd be pointless to do so. I do wish someone had asked him about the K. Rool costume during one of the Smash 4 interviews, like they did with Geno.
Frankly it's weird that they didn't. Either the interviewer just didn't care about K. Rool, or maybe they did, and Sakurai declined to answer (especially since one possibility is that the costume was the basis for a playable model), or something. Asking about ****ing Flying Man instead?

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I'm gonna stop you *right* there. That is *not* how this process works. If Waluigi gets included at all, it'd basically have to be DLC at this point. It'll probably happen, but only as DLC at minimum. The game is less than 6 months away and characters that are fully unique take way longer than that to conceptualize and design.

If K. Rool is planned for this game, and our assumptions about the uniqueness of his Mii costume are correct, his complex character model would've had to have been planned for the base game. Back in late 2015 or even earlier. Waluigi has no impact on him.

Frankly it's weird that they didn't. Either the interviewer just didn't care about K. Rool, or maybe they did, and Sakurai declined to answer (especially since one possibility is that the costume was the basis for a playable model), or something. Asking about ****ing Flying Man instead?
I didnt mean that literally. just a crazy "ways we could get screwed" thing. not that it was viable XD

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Did it happen to get characters or content leaked by totally random guys, or was it always with known leakers that have some sort of reputation , (like Vergeben) ?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I didnt mean that literally. just a crazy "ways we could get screwed" thing. not that it was viable XD
Can't let people actually think it's a possibility though; it's just not how the game is made. And depressed groupthink cam spiral *really* fast.

Yeah. It's been posting daily updated (it already has spotty consistency though).
It just doesn't post on weekends iirc.

Did it happen to get characters or content leaked by totally random guys, or was it always with known leakers that have some sort of reputation , (like Vergeben) ?
I mean, leaks have come from random sources before. ESRB leak came out of nowhere, an actual leak with Ridley, Daisy, all vets, even calling it Smash Ultimate, etc., popped up on 4chan the day before E3 and no one believed it, and there's SalRomano's mysterious source from back in the day.

Most of these are no doubt fake, but hey. Could happen.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think a character should be heavier than Bowser
Why not? DK is already close to being as heavy as him. And I feel King K.Rool can afford to be designed as heavier than Bowser, as he's shown to be stronger and more durable than Donkey Kong in the source games.

Enchess

Smash Lord
it missed a Friday too. It's also inconsistent on what is posted each day. The "Today's ____" make it seem like we should get 1 of each category each day, but the pattern seems random. Like we got 2 items and no character today. I don't think we're even get one of each category weekly. Like we haven't gotten a stage this week and I don't expect one tomorrow.

those are the pictures that come up daily on the smash website right?
Yeah. There's a separate page labeled "Blog" that is the daily pics laid out in an easier format to look through them all, which is why people are referring to it that way.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If there was a leak I'd be willing to believe it's this one, I saw it posted here a few days ago but it seems to have really gone under the radar.... I had said I wouldn't believe it because it lacks Dixie but it's always these leaks that are relatively quiet that end up being true... and this one hasn't been talked about much looking back...
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/421947065

Enchess

Smash Lord
If there was a leak I'd be willing to believe it's this one, I saw it posted here a few days ago but it seems to have really gone under the radar.... I had said I wouldn't believe it because it lacks Dixie but it's always these leaks that are relatively quiet that end up being true... and this one hasn't been talked about much looking back...
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/421947065
Weirdly it's the ROB stage and bowling mode to me that make it seem realistic. Everything else seems... too Smashboards speculation too be true.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Can't let people actually think it's a possibility though; it's just not how the game is made. And depressed groupthink cam spiral *really* fast.

I mean, leaks have come from random sources before. ESRB leak came out of nowhere, an actual leak with Ridley, Daisy, all vets, even calling it Smash Ultimate, etc., popped up on 4chan the day before E3 and no one believed it, and there's SalRomano's mysterious source from back in the day.

Most of these are no doubt fake, but hey. Could happen.
Heard, just know that wasnt my intention. :)

Guys.

Are we nuts?

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
it missed a Friday too. It's also inconsistent on what is posted each day. The "Today's ____" make it seem like we should get 1 of each category each day, but the pattern seems random. Like we got 2 items and no character today. I don't think we're even get one of each category weekly. Like we haven't gotten a stage this week and I don't expect one tomorrow.

Yeah. There's a separate page labeled "Blog" that is the daily pics laid out in an easier format to look through them all, which is why people are referring to it that way.
interesting. sakurai would have to announce something. I would like k rool to get confirmed but you shouldn't do it just with a picture of the day. you need an audience and a full trailer. I think sakurai is going to doing something similar to how robin's reveal trailer was. he'll be like "hello everyone, I like to share some special information about ultimate. please tune in at 9:00 a.m". I want the world to react if he is in

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Weirdly it's the ROB stage and bowling mode to me that make it seem realistic. Everything else seems... too Smashboards speculation too be true.
Picks like Karate Joe aren't really big Smash speculation elements. And we don't actually exist in a bubble. Stuff that's popular here is popular all around. You see the same kind of speculation all OVER the internet. And if this game is really *for the fans*, I expect a few of the picks to be more familiar.

That said, the leak is definitely one of the more interesting. Obviously, a lot of it could be coincidence. (e.g. "We haven't seen Pirate Ship yet so hey, a Gangplank stage is a logical replacement especially if K. Rool." (Though I could actually buy this. Zelda already has, what, every stage it's ever had +1 and Pirate Ship is still missing? Meanwhile, DK has 2+1 arcade mess?)

No Pokemon newcomer/no Elma also stand out as interesting.

Bowling mode sounds cool, but does anyone remember "The Tower of Smash?"

Honestly, between K. Rool and Paper Mario and Simon I'd be almost completely satisfied. Only slightly disappointing thing is the Echo choices, or lack of a Dark Samus but I'm not going to complain about that. We literally got Ridley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom