• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Klimax

Smash Ace
I think that K Rool isn't even in a blurry situation like he was in 2009-2013 (absolutely no appearance). Since 2014, we had many references, easter eggs, etc...
In my opinion he's more today than he was during days before Smash 4 even though he made no physical appearance in 10 years.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I definitely think Bowser deserves to keep the "heaviest fighter" title, but K. Rool should weigh more than DK at least, so the most logical placement would be as the new second heaviest. Not sure how the rest of his stats would shake out - my first thought would be as a middle ground between DK and Bowser all-around, but that leaves a lot of wiggle room in most categories.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
In regards to the Mii costume it depends on how much forethought went into Ultimate at time, if the proposal was made in Dec. 2015 it's possible they were planning it during the ballot, in fact the ballot could have been more for Ultimate than Smash 4. If that was the case they probably had a general plan of where the game was going, they could have been making models and planning things during the time of the ballot. They didn't have a large dev cycle for this game and if they knew assets were getting ported over could have laid some ground work down to make their lives easier while they had some of the team on hand, especially for characters they knew were going to be in Ultimate out the gate.. due to either pre ballot popularity or quickly gaining a lot of votes early on.

Consider that Ridley and Inklings are basically complete at this moment both characters are in the very early build of the game, Ridley had his Pyrosphere model that they absolutely used as a base for his current one and Inklings got a Mii outfit and random trophy added early on during the ballot DLC... which clealry they had a full model of the inkling at that point in Smash 4. It's not crazy to think that they could have laid early ground work for characters they had a clear vision of getting or at the least considerd them for the next game.

K. Rools costume having new assets starts looking a lot different now when you consider where we're at now, as opposed to where we were during the ballot.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Every time I read a new leak with some ridiculous characters but it also has K. Rool because he has become the default choice for making your fake leak credible.

By the way, I hope there is a blue K. Rool palette if he gets in. I don't care for 8 shades of green.

Mod edit: please do not post photos that contain inappropriate language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
By the way, I hope there is a blue K. Rool palette if he gets in. I don't care for 8 shades of green.
Well, pulling from the different kremling colors seems obvious to do.

By the way, what pose do you guys want K. Rool's render in? What fits him best on the Character Select Screen?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Okay, here's a cool topic to think about...Have any of you been literally DREAMING of how this will turn out? I have.

For example:

Just the other night, I dreamed I was watching the final smash direct for the new game. When they revealed Dixie, they paused a moment. The same narrator who was translating for Sakurai in the reveal video said something to the effect of "We know many of you are probably expecting to see another fighter here as well..." It then showed K. Rool's silhouette with a big ? over it before showing a polygonal render of what would be his in-game model... "Unfortunately, we were unable to find a way to make his body work within the graphical style of the game. So we hope you'll enjoy playing as Dixie Kong instead...Sorry, K. Rool fans!"

I sh*t you not. It turns out their reasoning was "He's just too round!"

After it was over, I immediately look on twitter. Everyone is meming it up, raging, what have you--then, in response, Sakurai put out a quick video expressing that he was sincerely sorry and that he was trying his hardest to make him playable for the NEXT game. to prove it, he even held up the sheet music for the remix of Gangplank Galleon that they were already working on as a token of the entire team's apology, and hoped we would enjoy him in the smash to come.

Needless to say, I was never so god damned happy something was just just a dream in my life, and i hope to god we don't see any outcome like that this time!

So, what about the rest of you? Any good dreams?

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan

By the way, what pose do you guys want K. Rool's render in? What fits him best on the Character Select Screen?
I'd like it if he had a dramatic pose with his claws curled, as if he was holding the mystical Crystal Coconut. His cape would fly with the wind behind him and his red, bulging eye would just scream his crazy persona. If they wanted to be expressive with it, he could either have his mouth open or closed like the render of DKC1. Sure it would kinda look like a Bowser thing, but think of how crazy and cool it would look, especially if his Rare design was used.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Everything has been discussed to death already, what would you like us to discuss instead?

I can't think of other characters in the speculation scene that use cannonballs, it's not an unfair connection to make.
Mate, you've got me wrong. I'm not suggesting for a minute you should stop discussing it, I just think that it's making a pretty big leap and wanted to point that out in what was intended as a humourous way.

If we accept the stipulation that the move got changed to differentiate it from a hypothetical newcomers move then I agree - King K Rool is the most "obvious" answer.

However, I don't personally accept it. I don't believe that the presence of another character using cannonballs would warrant Sakurai to make alterations to a completely unrelated characters moveset, which would have very little overlap otherwise anyway. Look at how many down B counters we have, for example.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay, here's a cool topic to think about...Have any of you been literally DREAMING of how this will turn out? I have.

For example:

Just the other night, I dreamed I was watching the final smash direct for the new game. When they revealed Dixie, they paused a moment. The same narrator who was translating for Sakurai in the reveal video said something to the effect of "We know many of you are probably expecting to see another fighter here as well..." It then showed K. Rool's silhouette with a big ? over it before showing a polygonal render of what would be his in-game model... "Unfortunately, we were unable to find a way to make his body work within the graphical style of the game. So we hope you'll enjoy playing as Dixie Kong instead...Sorry, K. Rool fans!"

After it was over, I immediately look on twitter. Everyone is meming it up, raging, what have you--then, in response, Sakurai put out a quick video expressing that he was sincerely sorry and that he was trying his hardest to make him playable for the NEXT game. to prove it, he even held up the sheet music for the remix of Gangplank Galleon that they were already working on as a token of the entire team's apology, and hoped we would enjoy him in the smash to come.

Needless to say, I was never so god damned happy something was just just a dream in my life, and i hope to god we don't see any outcome like that this time!

KROOL.png

Dream Sakurai to K Rool fans

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Actually geno is a better against relevance

Sakurai actually wants him as a playable he highly considered him in both brawl and smash 4

And he hasn't appeared for 20 years if sakurai wants him how is relevance a factor?
The thing though is that SINCE Sakurai specifically wanted Geno to be playable for a long time, it would be an exception. We don't know if he holds the same opinion about the King and would therefore also give him special treatment.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

A reference to this original art would be hilarious:

Almost like he's saying "oops! How'd I get into this game?"

Every time I read a new leak with some ridiculous characters but it also has K. Rool because he has become the default choice for making your fake leak credible.
View attachment 150425
K. Rool and Simon Belmont are the Shulk and Palutena of this game's leaks - if your leak doesn't have them it's automatically seen as fake.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
This just in, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Pac-Man, and Snake's ass have been retroactively removed from the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster.

Wait... one of those has already happened... well pack it up guys, K. Rool's deconfirmed this time around.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This just in, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Pac-Man, and Snake's *** have been retroactively removed from the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster.

Wait... one of those has already happened... well pack it up guys, K. Rool's deconfirmed this time around.
Snake's ass isn't the only thing that's been more flattened in smash ultimate

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
WHICH ONE OF YOU POSTED MY DREAM ON /V/???

Seriously don't appreciate that, fellas.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Actually geno is a better against relevance

Sakurai actually wants him as a playable he highly considered him in both brawl and smash 4

And he hasn't appeared for 20 years if Sakurai wants him how is relevance a factor?
One could say it does matter even more because of that, because despite the fact that even Sakurai wants Geno in, he hasn't been relevant enough to be put into the game.

Just playing devil's advocate, I don't necessarily agree with the statement.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Which one of you has like the dark purple/pink-ish text? It was really hard to read those posts. :/

Never a dull moment in the Kuttthroats though. :) God bless you BKupa666 and all the others. I love being a Kutthroat. :)

To answer a question from way back, I do agree a K. Rool design based on Rare AND Paon is the way to go, like a best-of-both-worlds scenario. How detailed should he be? Lile Bowser level of detailed with cool bump and rough maps?

Dang now I want to draw such a design...

StormC

Smash Hero
Which one of you has like the dark purple/pink-ish text? It was really hard to read those posts. :/

Never a dull moment in the Kuttthroats though. :) God bless you BKupa666 and all the others. I love being a Kutthroat. :)

To answer a question from way back, I do agree a K. Rool design based on Rare AND Paon is the way to go, like a best-of-both-worlds scenario. How detailed should he be? Lile Bowser level of detailed with cool bump and rough maps?

Dang now I want to draw such a design...
I still feel the costume design is pretty much perfect.

Just put this in with touched up textures and he's good to go.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

For example:

Yes I had one last night. The reveal trailer starts it's an army of Kremlings on a beach goofing off dancing and cheering welcoming their leader. Then all of a sudden K.Rool appears rocking a totally different unrecognizable design. He had no dead eye but an eye patch, he was tall and more buff, he had no golden armor but he still had his crown and he had his cape but it was torn and slanted kinda like how Thor's cape looks in Ragnarok...K.Rool then sees DK on the battlefield and starts going ape **** insane. He starts clawing and biting his own minions at the thought of seeing DK. There was more to it that I can't remember but needless to say the dream was real weird because in my dream Nintendo didn't air this trailer in a direct or a youtube channel but the trailer aired on the local news.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Yes I had one last night. The reveal trailer starts it's an army of Kremlings on a beach goofing off dancing and cheering welcoming their leader. Then all of a sudden K.Rool appears rocking a totally different unrecognizable design. He had no dead eye but an eye patch, he was tall and more buff, he had no golden armor but he still had his crown and he had his cape but it was torn and slanted kinda like how Thor's cape looks in Ragnarok...K.Rool then sees DK on the battlefield and starts going ape **** insane. He starts clawing and biting his own minions at the thought of seeing DK. There was more to it that I can't remember but needless to say the dream was real weird because in my dream Nintendo didn't air this trailer in a direct or a youtube channel but the trailer aired on the local news.
I think we can all agree we don't want a redesign unless its a new disguise!

strange thing to do? i cant believe someone copy paste your dream in a forum !

MAKE YOUR own DREAMS FELLAS :p
Like, I wouldn't care but...why? It wasn't even like I was trying to act like it WASN'T stupid! It was a dream and dreams are weird. No big deal. They could have at least asked without stealing~

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Reggie's comments on Waluigi and fan bases gives more stock to K. Rool being in. He's cleary taking notice of that demand especially giving him a costume which is far more than other characters.

Also I want K. Rool to be heavier than bowser even if it doesn't make sense. Would justify and correct all thover that say he's just a worse version of bowser and has no redeeming qualities of his own.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if Reggie's comments on Waluigi and fan bases gives more stock to K. Rool being in. He's cleary taking notice of that demand especially giving him a costume which is far more than other characters.

Also I want K. Rool to be heavier than bowser even if it doesn't make sense. Would justify and correct all thover that say he's just a worse version of bowser and has no redeeming qualities of his own.
What did Reggie say on fanbases?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace

What did Reggie say?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
All of King K. Rool's themes need to be remixed. Especially Crocodile Cacophony.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
A reference to this original art would be hilarious:

Almost like he's saying "oops! How'd I get into this game?"
I suggested earlier in the thread that his original art should be a taunt in the game. Just imagine someone SD'ing and then having someone do this look afterwords? That'd be pretty funny. I think it'd be the perfect taunt.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
As I reflect on my time in this thread, I want to say how proud I am to be a part of this. Every day I feel anxious as hell for any news, leak, or tweet that can provide even a bit of hope. Knowing i can share that with you all is something I can't even begin to describe. Its a crazy ride but one im thankful for each day!

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai has no intention of adding King K Rool to Smash, I wish he'd just come out and say it. At least that way we wouldn't keep getting our hopes crushed just before the game release.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Someone just needs to ask Sakurai about him in an interview. How the hell has not one person brought him up in any discussion. I'd like to know if he's ever at least considered the idea of adding King K. Rool.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
If Sakurai has no intention of adding King K Rool to Smash, I wish he'd just come out and say it. At least that way we wouldn't keep getting our hopes crushed just before the game release.
You know what'd be worse? If he changed his plans to include waluigi because of their feedback and not ours x.x

Gonna be honest though: if i was given the choice to decide, with both fan bases beside me....I'd pick Waluigi. NOT because I dont want K. Rool...but because It wouldn't be right to prolong another's suffering over my own. If I can help THEM be happy....I can wait....

Is that wrong of me, bros.?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what'd be worse? If he changed his plans to include waluigi because of their feedback and not ours x.x

Gonna be honest though: if i was given the choice to decide, with both fan bases beside me....I'd pick Waluigi. NOT because I dont want K. Rool...but because It wouldn't be right to prolong another's suffering over my own. If I can help THEM be happy....I can wait....

Is that wrong of me, bros.?
K Rool fans have wanted their character longer than Waluigi fans ever did

Waluigi fans are just impatient

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Someone just needs to ask Sakurai about him in an interview. How the hell has not one person brought him up in any discussion. I'd like to know if he's ever at least considered the idea of adding King K. Rool.
Sakurai never answers anything in relation to potential characters before a game's release, he only ever talks about them post-release, so it'd be pointless to do so. I do wish someone had asked him about the K. Rool costume during one of the Smash 4 interviews, like they did with Geno.

Top Bottom