• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

StormC

Smash Hero
I think sensitivity about this issue and avoiding unintentional association with this terrorist group > "respecting DKC1 Fake credits". And that doesn't even make sense, anyway. In the DKC series, the Kremlings also used the letter C, too. I mean, their island was called Crocodile Isle and not Krocodile Isle.

And in this case, where writing Kommander links up with Kremling and King, right after the other, it doesn't seem like a good idea to do that and that's why I don't think they did it in the first place.

Taking away the racial stereotype from Mr Game and Watch was also a great thing, btw.
DK's cargo carry is now called Kong Karry so I doubt they were worried about arbitrary associations with white supremacists while naming that one.

I'm as left-leaning as they come and was in agreement with removing MGAW's feather but I think this issue is being overblown.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
DK's cargo carry is now called Kong Karry so I doubt they were worried about arbitrary associations with white supremacists while naming that one.

I'm as left-leaning as they come and was in agreement with removing MGAW's feather but I think this issue is being overblown.
KK is meaningfully different than KKKK. I mean, I don't doubt no malice is intended, but it's just reality that unfortunately due to the history of this group and the resurgence of groups like these, it is a relevant consideration that I think we as fans should take into account and that Nintendo probably did.

StormC

Smash Hero
KK is meaningfully different than KKKK. I mean, I don't doubt no malice is intended, but it's just reality that unfortunately due to the history of this group and the resurgence of groups like these, it is a relevant consideration that I think we as fans should take into account and that Nintendo probably did.
If you want to count it as four Ks hypothetically, then technically it already has 3 Ks, if you count the whole title as "King K. Rool: Kremling Commander."

The KK association is common with K. Rool anyway, with titles like Kremling Krew and Kremling King. Again, doubt this even crossed Nintendo Treehouse's mind. These are the same people who thought the Blast-O-Matic was from DKC2.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Oh no...DK64 was evil all along for calling him

King Krusha K Rool, the humanity!

Yeah, not a big fan of the entire KKK thing, obviously. In the end, people see what they want to see in the spelling of a video game character, regardless of 2 Ks, 4 Ks, or however many.

"A racist mind is a racist kind. You, you take that to sleep with you tonight cause I know, it's not gonna change hearts and minds in a day. You don't give a man a peanut, expect him to have a farm the next day. But it's aright. It's alright. One day, we will all be equal on this earth."- Jon Jafari

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Dude, you are being sensitive. No one will immedialty think KKK by seeing Kremling Kommander, King K. Rool the Kremling Kommander, or even K. Rool the Kremling Kommander. You are reaching for straws in thinking that people will see a full sentence and think, "hey, if we use the first letters of each word in this sentence Easter egg in a video game, it somewhat resembles KKK minus a K or 2, that means Nintendo is racist!" When no one would come to that conclusion except you.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I think that the Ks are right after another matters.
And 4 Ks I think is basically equivalent to 3Ks in that 4Ks necessarily includes 3Ks.
I think this is why in fact they chose Kremling Commander in the first place.
Hot take incoming: Honestly if someone interprets that as a dog whistle to a racist movement in America that is in no way related to Japan, I'd say that's someone going out of their way to look for a reason to be offended, and it would be at that point I would want more companies to not balk at the first sign of potential controversy, but stand their ground and say "No, you're the one being sensitive. Kindly go off and stay mad about it.". I'm sure there'd be a sympathetic, corporate jargon way to say essentially that, but you get my point. Imo that's the literal definition of making a mountain out of a mole hill.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
If you want to count it as four Ks hypothetically, then technically it already has 3 Ks, if you count the whole title as "King K. Rool: Kremling Commander."

The KK association is common with K. Rool anyway, with titles like Kremling Krew and Kremling King. Again, doubt this even crossed Nintendo Treehouse's mind. These are the same people who thought the Blast-O-Matic was from DKC2.
Well, I think it matters whether the Ks are consecutive or not, immediately after another. It makes a difference in terms of how people perceive it.

Oh no...DK64 was evil all along for calling him

King Krusha K Rool, the humanity!

Yeah, not a big fan of the entire KKK thing, obviously. In the end, people see what they want to see in the spelling of a video game character, regardless of 2 Ks, 4 Ks, or however many.

"A racist mind is a racist kind. You, you take that to sleep with you tonight cause I know, it's not gonna change hearts and minds in a day. You don't give a man a peanut, expect him to have a farm the next day. But it's aright. It's alright. One day, we will all be equal on this earth."- Jon Jafari
No offense but I have no idea why you quoted nazi JonTron or what that's supposed to mean, but thanks for reminding me of another reason that DK64 K. Rool's boss fight sucked.

And you can still like things that have bad elements in them. I mean, how many people are going to defend Candy Kong having basically no character except "I'm sexy and let's get sexy together", particularly in DK64. We can like things and still find bad elements that we disagree with.

Dude, you are being sensitive. No one will immedialty think KKK by seeing Kremling Kommander, King K. Rool the Kremling Kommander, or even K. Rool the Kremling Kommander. You are reaching for straws in thinking that people will see a full sentence and think, "hey, if we use the first letters of each word in this sentence Easter egg in a video game, it somewhat resembles KKK minus a K or 2, that means Nintendo is racist!" When no one would come to that conclusion except you.
Honestly, I think you aren't sensitive enough. And you know, I definitely am not the first person to mention this with regards to the boxing title.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I think that's the thing, Snow does see it that way, and they and a small minority of people do. And it's because a non zero amount of people make a controversy out of a non-issue, big companies balk out of fear that these people who are offended are large in numbers and will cause others to not buy their games or products, so they cave and refuse fun references and cheeky nods to avoid offending anyone, or they'll censor anything some people complain about, or they'll remove any dialogue someone doesn't like, you get the idea. Anyways, I'm rambling, I'm hugely anti censorship but that doesn't apply here since nothing was censored to begin with, so I digress.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Look, do I think anybody wanting this changed in any way wants to reference some hate group? Absolutely not. I mean, there's probably someone out there that does but there always is someone out there for something. Most people don't. It's just that we don't live in an abstract world. We live in a world of context. And 3 Ks, back-to-back, seem like a big no-no in our context, which is part of the game's context because Smash Bros is a global product.

This is bad because for many people, especially those unfamiliar with DK, the Ks could be seen as a reference to that group. That could put off people and hurt them. And in terms of the character, it is needless controversy when he barely is just resurfacing.

That's what I think.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Look, do I think anybody wanting this changed in any way wants to reference some hate group? Absolutely not. I mean, there's probably someone out there that does but there always is someone out there for something. Most people don't. It's just that we don't live in an abstract world. We live in a world of context. And 3 Ks, back-to-back, seem like a big no-no in our context, which is part of the game's context because Smash Bros is a global product.

This is bad because for many people, especially those unfamiliar with DK, the Ks could be seen as a reference to that group. That could put off people and hurt them. And in terms of the character, it is needless controversy when he barely is just resurfacing.

That's what I think.
That's a fair perspective. I get where you're coming from. I hope my previous messages don't come off as too confrontational. I'll admit I was more in a mind to speak my mind more bluntly when I wrote those, though I still stand by those posts. Basically, I see it as more or less the opposite. You're right, context does matter, and in context it's already been pointed out that that if we acronized K. Rool Kremling Kommander, it wouldn't even make out KKK unless you reached for that goal and purposefully left out the King and ignore the Rool in his name. I believe that in context, anybody who wouldn't feel bothered to understand the reference to commander being spelled with s "K", and chooses instead to be offended on their own behalf and demand people change the acronym so that they can sleep better at night, is being purposefully obtuse and is ignoring context themselves, and thus should probably not be given much credence or mind. I would personally say that taking "KKK" out of King K. Rool Kremling Kommander" would be incredibly abstract. In a way, you're right, it would hypothetically be a needless controversy because the best option I could see if they did it would be trusting that a small minority of people are seeing racism where there is none, keeping the reference in, and resting easy knowing most people don't care and will keep buying their product either unaware there was ever a small nontroversy or even enjoying the sly reference.

As I said, I'm open and adamant about this because I loathe the idea of holding back an artistic vision because it might offend somebody. Something will always offend somebody and if someone betrays their vision because somebody is offended, you right, maybe it isn't a big deal, but do it again and again and again as soon as more people become offended by everything else someone put their heart and soul into, and you will invariably get an at best blander, less engaging product, albeit one you can still enjoy, and at worse a watered down, milquetoast parody of what made the work interesting and engaging to begin with. Balking whenever someone could be offended also stifles the potential to write an actually controversial story. Someone might have something bold and nuanced to say about the state of racism, or gun violence, or religion, or any number of hot button issues, but that creative potential dies as soon as they can't get their work off the ground because somebody didn't like that they unabashedly dared to write about an issue without side stepping around the problem at hand and having the temerity to write about the scarier, more terrible, grimier sides of true hate and atrocity.

In a sense, I do agree, it's not the end of the world if Nintendo didn't change Commander, to "Kommander", and really what ever they did, be it put in Kommander or not, wouldn't effect this gaming Titan's bottom line in any meaningful ways, but I maintain anybody seeing "KKK" is being overly sensitive and they don't make up a meaningful enough size of the Smash community to dent Ultimate's sales if they were totally ignored without so much of a statement. But be that as it may, I'm not arguing for them to add Kommander to the game, I'm fighting in defense of a world where art can be made and shared free of censorship and redactions so that new stories and art that could change the world get to be made. They remove a feather from G&W that harkened back to an undeniably racist stereotype that painted Native Americans as savages, okay fair, I can get behind that. They remove an outfit form a game because some women found it demeaning, uh okay. They remove dialogue because it makes this ethnic group uncomfortable, even though it was literally designed to highlight bigotry against that group that happens even today. They remove a historic landmark because a bad thing happened there in real life. They remove an evil dictator from a game about opposing said dictator because said dictator was bad and merely mentioning that person could offend, so the dictator is better off unpersoned at the risk of destroying a stories cohesion and plot. I hope you see what I'm getting at. First they came for X and I didn't mind, but then they came for me. As a writer that last note is especially important to me.

Also, and I'm sorry I know I really shouldn't do this after trying to be nuanced and reasonable in order to plea that you see my point of view, but I just can't resist: Jontron is Middle Eastern and one of his best friends is the Jewish Ethan Klein, and he apologized for saying those remarkably dumb things on that livestream and explained his point of view. What more do you want from the guy? Unless he is one of the most diverse nazis I've ever seen, and his middle name is Aryan, so maybe he is a nazi. I interpret his name like that and it's offending me.

(I just got done spell checking this but I apologize for any grammatical errors. I hope you don't think less of my arguments because of a spelling or grammar mistake that might have snuck past me.)

*EDIT* Invariably, as soon as I post I immediately spot a spelling error. D'oh.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
That's a fair perspective. I get where you're coming from. I hope my previous messages don't come off as too confrontational. I'll admit I was more in a mind to speak my mind more bluntly when I wrote those, though I still stand by those posts. Basically, I see it as more or less the opposite. You're right, context does matter, and in context it's already been pointed out that that if we acronized K. Rool Kremling Kommander, it wouldn't even make out KKK unless you reached for that goal and purposefully left out the King and ignore the Rool in his name. I believe that in context, anybody who wouldn't feel bothered to understand the reference to commander being spelled with s "K", and chooses instead to be offended on their own behalf and demand people change the acronym so that they can sleep better at night, is being purposefully obtuse and is ignoring context themselves, and thus should probably not be given much credence or mind. I would personally say that taking "KKK" out of King K. Rool Kremling Kommander" would be incredibly abstract. In a way, you're right, it would hypothetically be a needless controversy because the best option I could see if they did it would be trusting that a small minority of people are seeing racism where there is none, keeping the reference in, and resting easy knowing most people don't care and will keep buying their product either unaware there was ever a small nontroversy or even enjoying the sly reference.

As I said, I'm open and adamant about this because I loathe the idea of holding back an artistic vision because it might offend somebody. Something will always offend somebody and if someone betrays their vision because somebody is offended, you right, maybe it isn't a big deal, but do it again and again and again as soon as more people become offended by everything else someone put their heart and soul into, and you will invariably get an at best blander, less engaging product, albeit one you can still enjoy, and at worse a watered down, milquetoast parody of what made the work interesting and engaging to begin with. Balking whenever someone could be offended also stifles the potential to write an actually controversial story. Someone might have something bold and nuanced to say about the state of racism, or gun violence, or religion, or any number of hot button issues, but that creative potential dies as soon as they can't get their work off the ground because somebody didn't like that they unabashedly dared to write about an issue without side stepping around the problem at hand and having the temerity to write about the scarier, more terrible, grimier sides of true hate and atrocity.

In a sense, I do agree, it's not the end of the world if Nintendo didn't change Commander, to "Kommander", and really what ever they did, be it put in Kommander or not, wouldn't effect this gaming Titan's bottom line in any meaningful ways, but I maintain anybody seeing "KKK" is being overly sensitive and they don't make up a meaningful enough size of the Smash community to dent Ultimate's sales if they were totally ignored without so much of a statement. But be that as it may, I'm not arguing for them to add Kommander to the game, I'm fighting in defense of a world where art can be made and shared free of censorship and redactions so that new stories and art that could change the world get to be made. They remove a feather from G&W that harkened back to an undeniably racist stereotype that painted Native Americans as savages, okay fair, I can get behind that. They remove an outfit form a game because some women found it demeaning, uh okay. They remove dialogue because it makes this ethnic group uncomfortable, even though it was literally designed to highlight bigotry against that group that happens even today. They remove a historic landmark because a bad thing happened there in real life. They remove an evil dictator from a game about opposing said dictator because said dictator was bad and merely mentioning that person could offend, so the dictator is better off unpersoned at the risk of destroying a stories cohesion and plot. I hope you see what I'm getting at. First they came for X and I didn't mind, but then they came for me. As a writer that last note is especially important to me.

Also, and I'm sorry I know I really shouldn't do this after trying to be nuanced and reasonable in order to plea that you see my point of view, but I just can't resist: Jontron is Middle Eastern and one of his best friends is the Jewish Ethan Klein, and he apologized for saying those remarkably dumb things on that livestream and explained his point of view. What more do you want from the guy? Unless he is one of the most diverse nazis I've ever seen, and his middle name is Aryan, so maybe he is a nazi. I interpret his name like that and it's offending me.

(I just got done spell checking this but I apologize for any grammatical errors. I hope you don't think less of my arguments because of a spelling or grammar mistake that might have snuck past me.)

*EDIT* Invariably, as soon as I post I immediately spot a spelling error. D'oh.

Thanks for this very elaborate essay about creative freedom and cencorship, this speaks from my heart, too.

Also, I completely forgot the entire JonTron fiasko when copying that quote from my previous post, but regardless, I find the line itself to be relevant.
the big question to ask is where to draw the line, because you surely cannot sacrifice that amount of percent of your full artistic vision in order to please anyone or avoid conflict.

I personally can kind of see why the G&W incident went through, as the feather is a concrete stereotype, however a headline like:

"People claim for correct spelling of a Royal Crocodile's Name and Boxing Title because it happens to be an inconsistent alliteration of 4 K's"

seems utterly ridiculous....even more so now that I actually typed the whole thing.
Not trying to pour salt anywhere, just trying to take things lightly and with a sparkle of humor

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Thanks for this very elaborate essay about creative freedom and cencorship, this speaks from my heart, too.

Also, I completely forgot the entire JonTron fiasko when copying that quote from my previous post, but regardless, I find the line itself to be relevant.
the big question to ask is where to draw the line, because you surely cannot sacrifice that amount of percent of your full artistic vision in order to please anyone or avoid conflict.

I personally can kind of see why the G&W incident went through, as the feather is a concrete stereotype, however a headline like:

"People claim for correct spelling of a Royal Crocodile's Name and Boxing Title because it happens to be an inconsistent alliteration of 4 K's"

seems utterly ridiculous....even more so now that I actually typed the whole thing.
Not trying to pour salt anywhere, just trying to take things lightly and with a sparkle of humor
Exactly. It's an objective truth that sometimes, someone will be offended but they are being unreasonable. It's easy to accommodate and remove whatever they're mad about, it's hard to stake a reputation on carefully deciding whether someone has a valid point, determining they don't, and sticking to your guns and denying their plea to censor, risking controversy and blow back, but I believe it's something that must be done. If we collectively continue this trend of complying as soon as anyone complains, things will get worse for art before they get better.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577

That's what I think.
Buddy, not to put too fine a point on it but you're making absolute planets out of molehills.

I understand that there's word association, but even the more aggressive SJW wouldn't care about how many K's they decided to stuff in the name. I've read all your points, and almost none of them make any sense. Only the most trigger happy, blood-vessel-rupturing degenerate would look at a Kartoon Krocodile King and think "yeah this sure reminds me of a white supremacy group".

How you reached the conclusion that the boxing ring name was changed to Commander to avoid KKKKontroversy is beyond my (admittedly mortal) thought process. The absolute only way you could draw that kind of conclusion (and I'm really reaching here) is that you realise that King K. Rool is some sort of analogy to white colonialism and that the DK Krew is a representation of Africans being oppressed, personified as monkeys having a banana hoard stolen. If this is what you think, that's not being politically correct, that's seeing racism in everything due to internalised paranoia, and I recommend that anyone who thinks along these terms see a professional immediately.

Even barring that, the fact that you think a sane person would see Kremling Kommander and immediately jump to the conclusion that it was a reference to a racist murdering kult, is mind-boggling. The arguments that support your theory are incredibly flimsy because it is that stupefyingly, bludgeoningly bizarre. I say these things because I want you to understand exactly how ridiculous that theory sounds. To draw a comparison, this would be like if you drew a line in your notebook, and I saw that, and reported you to the FBI because you drew a black line on white paper, and another symbol that had lines was the goddamn swastika, and the whole thing seems very Neo-Nazi to me.

While we do live in a world of context, guess what, we also live in a world where it's important to understand where to apply the context, and where to take a step back and think "okay, am I being amazingly idiotic?"

No matter what you do, how you try to arrange letters or abbreviations, there's not a KKK in sight. DK vs KKR, TKK, KotK, Krokodile King, MK+KKR vs DK+KKR vs KKR+KKR, DK+DK vs KKR+KKR. None of them bring three Ks together, and if you're ignoring other symbols just to see three Ks lined up somehow, then your remaining brain cells are doomed.

Am I being excessively mean? In my opinion, yes, but your statement is the most mind-numbingly silly thing I've heard this year. Please, just read what you've written and really, really think, "How does any functional human being look at a party game's cartoon villain and immediately associate them with white hood wearing maniacs, based on the barest minimum of letter association?"

If the statements you made are official statements, and if you can cite your sources, I will not back down on my arguments, but I will apologise to you because they were not your own words. However, nothing I've seen so far seems to support your argument, so I'd rather that this ludicrous discussion stop right here, and we continue fanboying over King K Rool, like we always have.

This type of talk reminds me of earlier in the year (before K.Rool was revealed) when a couple of fruitcakes posted in the thread and unprecedentedly stated the thread title was a direct reference to that particular hate group, despite the acronym not matching. Said fruitcakes then tried to insinuate that the K.Rool fanbase had similarities to that particular hate group....!?!

Fun times, there truly are some embarrassing fools on Smashboards! (Not referring to this discussion btw)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think people are being kinda unfair to InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand . Even if I disagree with the assertion that a certain number of Ks that isn't 3 will make people think of the KKK, they're presenting their point pretty neutrally and trying to explain themselves thoroughly. There's no need to dogpile on them like this.

Of course I'm also a crazy leftist SJW so what do I know.

Also JonTron is a racist whether or not he's white but that's another subject.

Anyway! K. Rool. I really hope a DK game gets announced next year so the big boy can make his grand return. People who think his appearance in Smash is a one time thing are about to have their minds blown.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I think people are being kinda unfair to InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand . Even if I disagree with the assertion that a certain number of Ks that isn't 3 will make people think of the KKK, they're presenting their point pretty neutrally and trying to explain themselves thoroughly. There's no need to dogpile on them like this.

Of course I'm also a crazy leftist SJW so what do I know.

Also JonTron is a racist whether or not he's white but that's another subject.

Anyway! K. Rool. I really hope a DK game gets announced next year so the big boy can make his grand return. People who think his appearance in Smash is a one time thing are about to have their minds blown.
I tried to be neutral and rational with my response. I can't speak for any one else. I recognize Snow is just stating an opinion, and I wanted to state my own while recognizing theirs. I'm not going to comment on the Jontron remark because I want to de-escalate things here.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I got to that area in World of Light last night (only just got the game on Friday and was holding off on playing WoL until i unlocked everyone the "regular" way) so here's me gushing
Oh my GODDD. So I was already playing as DK exclusively because I didn't have K. Rool yet. When I went into that portal thingie and i heard friggin' Simian Segue and saw myself on that beautiful map screen the feels flowed freely. Getting to save Cranky, Funky and Candy at their original locations, plus Kritter, Zinger, and Enguarde all at the spots where the levels were in the original, and then Diddy as the boss! It was so thrilling because such a loving recreation made it feel like Donkey Kong Country was standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the other franchises again, as opposed to as an afterthought of the Mario series like it seemed to me in 4.
Also, probably reiterating stuff everyone has already said, but I don't think I've ever had more dumb fun in my entire history of playing Smash than I have the past couple days playing K. Rool. All the silly stuff he gets away with is too good, and it feels so right.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I do appreciate that the concerns being raised here are to do with how non-fans might perceive Kremling Kommander, and not "Grrr, those K. Rool fans were mean to the Smash 4 DLC once upon a time so let's concern troll that they're racist in bad faith." Personally it's important to have an atmosphere where everyone feels safe/respected, but walking on eggshells so as to avoid the slightest triviality that could ever offend any person ever is not my preference. Like no joke, one reply to that tweet called BringBackKRool a "media elite" and "enemy of the people" for being anti-Russia with the name Kremling. I don't know whether that was serious or not, but in any case, I don't think people should stop calling them Kremlings when there's nothing grounding that in reality. Same goes for the K stuff, which every now and then seems to come from a few teens looking to be edgy about what only ever was a wacky 90s naming convention. In any case, the ball is in Nintendo's court, and whatever they decide, and factor into a decision, is fine with so little at stake.

Side note, I have zero idea how one of our random tweets about K. Rool's boxing ring title got picked up as a Twitter moment, but it's cool to see the fans come out of the woodwork. It's not a serious "complaint" by any means, it just would be a doubly cool reference if it mimicked the Kremling style more closely.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultkrool:
Look at king, belly out, looking stout, you know what he's about.

Smashinhg apes

They can't escape

Would you like a match in Jungle Japes?

Ha

Naw

I don't think so

you ain't ready for my kingly throws

Or theses toes slammin you in the earth

You lookin kinda inert

Now take this girth.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
all these complaints about K.Rool make me think smash players just want ultimate to follow the status quo of every other game and continue that

which is...Light Speedy Characters are good and heavier slower characters are garbage

ever notice that? no matter what Fighting game you are watching most tournaments just consist of a bunch of speedy rushdown characters and the heavies barely make a dent in the competitive scene

over time people just accept that heavies are too much trouble to play and convert to rushdown

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
This type of talk reminds me of earlier in the year (before K.Rool was revealed) when a couple of fruitcakes posted in the thread and unprecedentedly stated the thread title was a direct reference to that particular hate group, despite the acronym not matching. Said fruitcakes then tried to insinuate that the K.Rool fanbase had similarities to that particular hate group....!?!

Fun times, there truly are some embarrassing fools on Smashboards! (Not referring to this discussion btw)
Fruitcake is a homophobic slur, you bigot... GOD!

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
The GSP System is broken...i have had 30 victories with K.Rool and yet the Most GSP is with richter who I've only played online once.(just awhile ago)

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Give Up...I'm Sorry guys but i just can't continue using K.Rool if most matches are just gonna be a chase sequence running through a section of platforms and then either getting pwned by mass zoning or losing due to time-out

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
over time people just accept that heavies are too much trouble to play and convert to rushdown
I Give Up...I'm Sorry guys but i just can't continue using K.Rool if most matches are just gonna be a chase sequence running through a section of platforms and then either getting pwned by mass zoning or losing due to time-out
They sure do.

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I'm sorry for venting like this but dear god when you have two back to back people in a day that hump the ground after every KO and just cheese out a victory you start doubting yourself and poor lardbutt K.Rool

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry for venting like this but dear god when you have two back to back people in a day that hump the ground after every KO and just cheese out a victory you start doubting yourself and poor lardbutt K.Rool
K Rool is definitely not an easy character to play (despite what everyone says). Speed characters and projectile characters are a difficult match up, period, end of discussion. At the end of the day K Rool is an extremely heavy weight, but he has tools that can set him up for success. If I wasn't so vested in K Rool I also would have dropped him too, so no shame in picking a better character.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zAVlgLHemhc

Near the 2:30 minute mark.

Ignore my terrible k.rool, but notice the dthrow to first hit of jab. While it doesn’t seem guaranteed to work on everyone, it can still be a useful tool.
That's absolutely disgusting. I'm never subjecting an online opponent or anybody in a tournament to this.

... Although I may pull this on a friend.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
K Rool is definitely not an easy character to play (despite what everyone says). Speed characters and projectile characters are a difficult match up, period, end of discussion. At the end of the day K Rool is an extremely heavy weight, but he has tools that can set him up for success. If I wasn't so vested in K Rool I also would have dropped him too, so no shame in picking a better character.
oh no doubt I'm not trying to whine for no reason I'm just saying when people start mocking you and humping the floor after every ko you start to feel like certain character mains get this sense that they can do whatever they want because your so fat and there's nothing you can do about it

which for some enables this smug attitude where they just derp around after every ko and proclaim that they don't even need to pay attention to beat you

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
oh no doubt I'm not trying to whine for no reason I'm just saying when people start mocking you and humping the floor after every ko you start to feel like certain character mains get this sense that they can do whatever they want because your so fat and there's nothing you can do about it

which for some enables this smug attitude where they just derp around after every ko and proclaim that they don't even need to pay attention to beat you
Dude, welcome to online. People can't taunt any more, so they're either being assholes or are just proud of themselves. No shame in pulling off some sick combo then taunting. The Internet is full of mean people, your only defense is to git gud.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
i couldn't beat the pichu but the ike who tried the same i at least beat once...then he ran away(How Ike survived up to 170% I'll never know)

and yeah I'm no stranger to online....I Play overwatch a lot and that community is more nerf crazy than any other I've been a part of(and the developers seem keen on listening to any stupid complaints about any characters resulting in several being turned into complete garbage)which ends up now reminding me of the "Nerf K.Rool" Club

i just hope it doesn't end up like the "Nerf Brig" Situation ended and that's with a character being thrown into the dumpster

Top Bottom