• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

All these banging remixes have me like:

A small part of me feels they're being somewhat wasted on the standard jungle levels, rather than a shiny new stage. I guess beggars can't be choosers.... just absolutely rapt we got some variety.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Alright, as someone who didn't care for Crocodile Cacophony historically, that remix is absolutely amazing. I think its ties with a few other themes really fleshes it out for me.

We're about to get under the 10 day mark until the King's big day... This is starting to get surreal.

Shenron 97

Smash Rookie
It makes sense that Bowser is heavier than K. Rool because he's a turtle, and our king is a nimble fat crocodile.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Blue alt for life, in memoriam of my Smash 4 Blue Bowser.

Or as I called him, Harold.

Kincaid1

Smash Cadet
It makes sense that Bowser is heavier than K. Rool because he's a turtle, and our king is a nimble fat crocodile.
But the crocodilians are the heaviest group of reptiles on average by a significant margin compared to both turtles and tortoises :ultkrool:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Good news everyone! (For me anyways). The Gamestop nearest to me is releasing Smash Ultimate early at 9:00pm on the 6th. My preorder is set and I'm ready to start labbing slightly earlier than most. There's also a tournament right after the early release, but I have to work in the morning so I'll be skipping the tournament unfortunately.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Gut Check is a way better name than "Belly Attack", which they called it on the website.
Personally I liked "Stomach Attack," because he STOMACHs the attack then attacks with his stomach.

Also just a reminder that if you don't use the K. Rool costumed Mii Brawler along with the real King in sqaud strikes for double croc energy, you're missing out.

Trambo

Smash Cadet
I know it's a little thing but I enjoy that K Rool loses his crown when villager pockets it

Kincaid1

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one a littled bugged that the Mii Kostume seemingly does K. Rool's eye and krown better than K. Rool's actual player model does?
The Mii costume is based entirely off the Rare model. As for his Ultimate appearance, I personally like the smaller crown, but I kinda do wish his eye was a bit more bloodshot.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
From the Bandana Dee thread:

Kaptain K. Rool is a player icon, you guys! This is so awesome! At least, I think it's awesome. (picture might have some spoilers regarding World Of Light)

EDIT: And the Blast-O-Matic! Holy cow.

Do you know if those icons have to be unlocked? Could be a fun thing to collect outside of Spirits.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I admit, I can't look at Rare K. Rool anymore.

Smash Bros Paon K. Rool just completely converted me.

Nobody panic. He still has a chance. Mii costumes don't disconfirm characters.
Smash Bros Paon K. Rool has won me so completely over that this looks extremely odd to me now.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990

even though we already got a flood of new gameplay, I particularily enjoyed this video. Sure, it's CPUs playing, but hot damn do they off K Rool's moves off, well.

Also I am now converted to a black skin main

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
OOF. Well, that's a thing to look out for. I guess in the end it might be a good thing, good for overall game balance. It's not a three hit system so maybe K. Rool's armor isn't as insane as most people initially thought.

StormC

Smash Hero
Do you know where to find the rest of these?
I do not offhand, sorry, friend linked me that one.

Smash Bros Paon K. Rool has won me so completely over that this looks extremely odd to me now.
There are some things I still find myself preferring about the Rare design, like the more pronounced eye and the bigger crown, but it would be difficult to give the Rare face the range of expressions the Smash design has - it was so stiff it mostly allowed for "neutral" and "shocked."

Still, there's a part of me that would have liked to see this, but with the high detail textures from the Smash model:

Obviously I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, the Smash design is fantastic and objectively his best one yet. The big win was the gold belly coming back; it never occurred to me that they might try to marry the two designs in that way.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
OOF. Well, that's a thing to look out for. I guess in the end it might be a good thing, good for overall game balance. It's not a three hit system so maybe K. Rool's armor isn't as insane as most people initially thought.
Oh, for heck's sake. Isn't part of the point of super armor to tank huge hits without being sent flying?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Oh, for heck's sake. Isn't part of the point of super armor to tank huge hits without being sent flying?
Why would you try armoring these huge attacks and take unnecessary damage when you can kounter or reflect? There's also a thing in fighting games called armor-breaking moves.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

hmm
I think any sane player would have dodged, DIed or hit K. Rool out of it. Can't trust these most likely low-level AI bots.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
All these banging remixes have me like:

A small part of me feels they're being somewhat wasted on the standard jungle levels, rather than a shiny new stage. I guess beggars can't be choosers.... just absolutely rapt we got some variety.
Now you know how I feel about the Dedede, Butter Building and other Kirby themes with no appropriate stage from Brawl. With any luck they'll eventually get some like how Port Town finally got its actual theme.

I mean, it makes sense that DK is among his biggest threats, too.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Guys I'm so friggin excited. Don't let anyone try to damper your enjoyment because it's not Melee. And they'll try.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Guys I'm so friggin excited. Don't let anyone try to damper your enjoyment because it's not Melee. And they'll try.
Melee is fine, but its a bit too fast for my liking.
Watching tourney footage of it doesn't look like two characters locked in battle, it looks like characters abusing game mechanics to cheat the other out of victory. That's fine for some people, but there really doesn't need to be a Melee 2.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I think any sane player would have dodged, DIed or hit K. Rool out of it. Can't trust these most likely low-level AI bots.
I mean, that Peach died, so she seems perfectly reasonable. :troll:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman

You Rare design proponents were right about the colors. The only nitpick I can make about Smash K. Rool is that the armor is really just a recolored belly. I would have liked to see that line down the middle that indicates that it's the armor, but again, this is just the most minor of nitpicks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom