• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
No Big Boss Blues sadly, actually I don't think there were any DKC3 tune additions at all. Interesting.
Oh well. I'm just happy we got Croco Cacaphony at all. I figured all K. Rool would get is the new GPG.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Oh well. I'm just happy we got Croco Cacaphony at all. I figured all K. Rool would get is the new GPG.
Keep in mind there's a lot of tracks from DKC1 and 2 that could still be there. 900 tracks of music means good candidates like Mineshaft Melancholy, Fear Factory, Crooks March, Bad Boss Boogie, Boss Bossanova, and countless others are still in the running. (That said here's hoping for some DKC3 tracks in a future Smash game.)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Y'know how TOs have a "too many good stages to make a coherent stage list" problem? Well I have a "too much good music to make coherent stage playlists" problem. We went from only having jungle level variations to...this. There's so much good DK music in Smash now, and not enough stages to play them on.

It's the best kind of problem to have.

Hoping for a DLC pack with Dixie, Tropical Freeze stage, and TF/DKC3 music.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I know why they picked Gangplank Galleon, being the Kroc's OG theme and all, but if I can go into nitpick territory for a moment, I always have like Crocodile Cacophony more and would have preferred a K. Rool trailer with that over Gangplank. I always knew Gangplank would appear in a (once) hypothetical K. Rool reveal, but I always kind of hoped it would be about half gangplank/half cacophony.
I just don't think Cacophony would have fit the upbeat, triumphant vibe of our victory.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I just don't think Cacophony would have fit the upbeat, triumphant vibe of our victory.
Eh, maybe, but if we argue the track is more to set the characters mood then ours, then I would argue Crocodile Cacophony better says "This dude means business", which to be fair, K. Rool does kind of fit a role of simultaneously being a goody Saturday morning cartoon villain (Before he literally was a goofy Saturday morning cartoon villain), and being a seriously cruel dude, going a cut above most Nintendo villains with straight up genocide and starvation attempts, as well as torture to pair with the usual kidnapping (I mean at least Bowser treats Peach relatively well outside of the cage for what it's worth. Imagine if he shot her with Bullet Bills as Mario was walking in.). K. Rool is kind of a happy middle ground between Bowser at his goofiest and Ridley at his meanest. On the topic of Ridley, Ridley's theme accompanies his trailer, because of course it does, but it just fits his character so well. I kind of wanted K. Rool to embody that vibe of "Put on the big boy pants, because another villain is coming through, and he's bad." Kind of like how Megaman had 2 gameplay sections of his trailer, 1 being some basic moves before he gets beat up a bit and reveals he has the power of robot masters in gameplay part 2, I always kind of imagined a trailer where gameplay part 1 has Gangplank Galleon over showing off his specials, some aerials, etc., then shift to Cacophony to see some slick combos and tricks that show us what K. Rool could really do. But of course that was just my fantasy that I never really expected to happen if K. Rool ever did get revealed.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel like the Gangplank Galleon remix fit how most of us felt seeing K. Rool after a decade. Unbridled joy and celebration. It really felt like "he's back!"

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
CC Remix has to be my favourite since it also got K Rool returns.
I'm not lying, K Rool returns has to be my all time favourite video game song and to hear the part in the remix was the biggest nostalgia feeling for me ever.

If i had to add a few more songs it would be:
-Jib Jig
-Mining melancholy
-Forest Interlude
- Krooks March
- Forest Frenzy and Fear Factory
(And then a DLC including Dixie with TF and DKC3 songs, one can hope)

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Y'know how TOs have a "too many good stages to make a coherent stage list" problem? Well I have a "too much good music to make coherent stage playlists" problem. We went from only having jungle level variations to...this. There's so much good DK music in Smash now, and not enough stages to play them on.

I'm personally going to use the Map/Bonus song on Kongo Jungle 64, Snakey Chantey on Kongo Falls (closest thing to a sunny and seaworthy stage) and Crocodile Cacophony/Gangplank Galleon on Jungle Japes. Although I still wish we had a non-Jungle DKC stage. Afternoon sunset from DKCR, a minecart stage from any game, etc. Ah well.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Lmao the entire smash fanbase is reaping the benefits of OUR hard work. Cacophony joins Gangplank as one of the best remixes in smash bros history.

I love you, King K. Rool

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Eh, maybe, but if we argue the track is more to set the characters mood then ours, then I would argue Crocodile Cacophony better says "This dude means business", which to be fair, K. Rool does kind of fit a role of simultaneously being a goody Saturday morning cartoon villain (Before he literally was a goofy Saturday morning cartoon villain), and being a seriously cruel dude, going a cut above most Nintendo villains with straight up genocide and starvation attempts, as well as torture to pair with the usual kidnapping (I mean at least Bowser treats Peach relatively well outside of the cage for what it's worth. Imagine if he shot her with Bullet Bills as Mario was walking in.). K. Rool is kind of a happy middle ground between Bowser at his goofiest and Ridley at his meanest. On the topic of Ridley, Ridley's theme accompanies his trailer, because of course it does, but it just fits his character so well. I kind of wanted K. Rool to embody that vibe of "Put on the big boy pants, because another villain is coming through, and he's bad." Kind of like how Megaman had 2 gameplay sections of his trailer, 1 being some basic moves before he gets beat up a bit and reveals he has the power of robot masters in gameplay part 2, I always kind of imagined a trailer where gameplay part 1 has Gangplank Galleon over showing off his special, some aerials, etc., then shift to Cacophony to see some slick combos and tricks that show us what K. Rool could really do. But of course that was just my fantasy that I never really expected to happen if K. Rool ever did get revealed.
A grand vision for sure, but K. Rool was really for us after krocing the vote and thus, his triumphant return the most suitable, I think. Plus, he's clearly a very goofy character in Smash, so the more lighthearted song projects a better tone for him.

Wow. Crocodile Cacophony is a remix.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0296870576130/b21_spr2_crocodilecacophony.mp3

And it's awesome. I think it has k. Rool returns in it too. fitting!
****ING GLORIOUS

K.Rool Returns meshing in and out just takes this to another level.

I feel like the Gangplank Galleon remix fit how most of us felt seeing K. Rool after a decade. Unbridled joy and celebration. It really felt like "he's back!"
And this sinister take on CC instantly gives off a dangerous, borderline murderous vibe to follow up on that!

"Yeah he's here now but he isn't playing games, he will punish you!"

I love how cutesy and cheeky Snakey Chantey is in the beginning, about time we got some diversity with the DKC soundtrack in Smash.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
****ING GLORIOUS

K.Rool Returns meshing in and out just takes this to another level.

And this sinister take on CC instantly gives off a dangerous, borderline murderous vibe to follow up on that!

"Yeah he's here now but he isn't playing games, he will punish you!"
This describes what I was trying to say above better than I did. K. Rool is a pretty goofy character, but goofy and cruel and menacing aren't mutually exclusive imo. I like to imagine him as a villain worthy of that title. That's not to say his portrayal is bad, of course, and I'm probably kibitzing, but for the fact he's got a silly design and nonsensical concept in a pirate crocodile king, I do kind of wish Smash did something to say K. Rool is still a pretty vicious dude who most people wouldn't want to mess with. If his Palutena's Guidance got as much love as Ridley's did, that would have been enough. But again, I'm nitpicking. I have no right to complain after he got in the game at all, and comes with a stellar remix of my favorite boss theme from the croc king himself. And though he didn't get an info dump and history breakdown verbally, his entire design and moveset is a visual love letter to everything we love about the zany reptile.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Wait a minute, Spirits are supposed to be all characters who couldn't be fighters, but are implied to exist in the Smash canon, but are still separate from the fighters. So how is Kaptain K. Rool a spirit if King K. Rool is a fighter?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Wait a minute, Spirits are supposed to be all characters who couldn't be fighters, but are implied to exist in the Smash canon, but are still separate from the fighters. So how is Kaptain K. Rool a spirit if King K. Rool is a fighter?
Don't you remember? Kaptain K. Rool is his brother. Sheesh. Read up on your DK lore.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario in his power ups are also spirits, as well as kirby using different powers.

It's weird

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I got the latest JoJo episode today
I got Gangplank Galleon today
I got Crocodile Cacophony today

Did I just use up my entire life's happiness quota here?

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman

Hoping for a DLC pack with Dixie, Tropical Freeze stage, and TF/DKC3 music.
This. You took the words out of my mouth.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Dixie apparently has a Mii hat costume

Cover_letter_5.jpg

Is this going to be the pattern for possible DKC deconfirmations now? Although this can be grounds for a "sequel" to K. Rool's reveal trailer next game...

Mario in his power ups are also spirits, as well as kirby using different powers.

It's weird
Then there's the Subspace Bomb spirit...

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
so we actually do have a Baron Spirit

who wants to guess the way the fight plays out?

StormC

Smash Hero
Really is something darkly funny that the first recognizable role K. Rool and Dixie have in Smash is Mii Fighter costumes.

The K. Rool costume is confirmed for being in the game as well. Now I know the first character I'm fighting when I unlock the King...

so we actually do have a Baron Spirit

who wants to guess the way the fight plays out?
There's no guarantee it has a Spirit Battle though, is there? There's over 1,000 of them.

That's honestly really cool that both Kaptain and Baron got Spirits though.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Really is something darkly funny that the first recognizable role K. Rool and Dixie have in Smash is Mii Fighter costumes.

The K. Rool costume is confirmed for being in the game as well. Now I know the first character I'm fighting when I unlock the King...

There's no guarantee it has a Spirit Battle though, is there? There's over 1,000 of them.

That's honestly really cool that both Kaptain and Baron got Spirits though.
Now we just have to hope for a King Krusha spirit.

StormC

Smash Hero
No King Krusha Spirit, yeah. All the DK Spirits have already been found.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Don’t know if this was mentioned, but I was able to play two matches with K Rool at Mall of America. I can confirm that the blunderbuss does NOT have a “Vacuum only” option. The vacuum functions only when the cannonball is out.

Last edited:

Kincaid1

Smash Cadet
Holy ****, I leave for ONE day and the whole damn soundtrack gets leaked. All the remixes sound AMAZING! I'll so damn hyped about that Crocodile Cacophony.

Don’t know if this was mentioned, but I was able to play two matches with K Rool at Mall of America. I can confirm that the blunderbuss does NOT have a “Vacuum only” option. The vacuum functions only when the cannonball is out.
****. I'm sure the vacuum will still have some big-brain uses.

Top Bottom