• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Blame the birth of the Super Crown for this epidemic. We're now at a point where it's getting very annoying.
Not our fault Nintendo gave us a canon power up with strange implications if hypothetically used on any other character besides Toadette.

So, when is somebody going to draw Ridley with the super crown on? AndreaAC AndreaAC

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Daisy is a bit of a silly comparison in the first place, seeing as she knocked Bowser sky-high on Mario Party 3. A better one would be comparing Isabelle to Mr. Game & Watch, an amalgamation of sprites from various games, and ROB, who used to be a TOY with no offensive capabilities. They'd make Parabo, Satebo and Monita playable, and it wouldn't surprise me that much (aside from "yes! they made them playable after all!").

Am I the only one who is concerned about the outcome of this comic? It's bad enough that there's a Bowsette epidemic running around.
Kalypso hasn't shown up in years, so people are getting desperate.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think that comic is funny. But I am tired of the NSFW art flooding twitter.

All the bowsettes and Queen K. Rools I have seen look like they were drawn by the artists behind Pyra and Mythra from XBC2. That is not a compliment.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not our fault Nintendo gave us a canon power up with strange implications if hypothetically used on any other character besides Toadette.

So, when is somebody going to draw Ridley with the super crown on? AndreaAC AndreaAC
There is one for Kirby, but at least it's a lot more tame. A good portion of those Bowsette drawings have gone well beyond what SmashBoards would ever tolerate.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I've got a mental image of Queen K Rool throwing the Krown, turning back to normal, then rapidly running away from the returning Peach Krown in fear

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I honestly think it would be interesting to see Queen K. Rool design for fun. But I'd like to see one that could actually be in a videogame and isn't so sexualized.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Hypothetically, all the crown would do is make the wearer take on a human form. Like how Pinocchio becomes a real boy. I'm sure if regular Toad wore it, he'd become a Mario-like character or something, not Peach. The genderbending/Peach-specific quality is a concept that really only comes from the imaginations of fan artists.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Mundane observation time.

Since I watch the K. Rool trailer daily, I noticed a glitch in his reveal trailer.

Shows up for just a second. I hope they fix that by release. K. Rool is a very fashionable croc. A relevant character like him can't have wardrobe malfunctions.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Chris Taylor, the cancer patient who just played the Ultimate demo a few days ago, passed away. My colodenses go out to his family, I can't imagine what they are going through right now. I'm bringing this up because I can't imagine what it must feel like to wait so long for Ultimate, only to leave this world before knowing everything about it. I am so happy that he got the chance to play the game early, but it sucks to be such a big fan of something and never find out what the finished product is like. Cancer is a horrendious monster and it can happen to anyone. Imagine if we finally got King K. Rool announced, only for one of us to pass away before we can actually play as him. Imagine if one of us met so many friends after years of speculating for King K. Rool and celebrating his inclusion, only with that being their last moment within the community.

I do not know Chris that well, but what I do know is that he was a brave soul and was very grateful for what he had in life. Never getting to play the final version of Ultimate is sad in itself, but much more importantly, he will never see any of his friends, family, or meet any new people. He was so young too. I am very grateful that I am still here with all of you, even though I'm very healthy and should have no reason to worry about myself. I do not take my life for granted. I am very happy that I'm alive enough to celebrate King K. Rool's inclusion with all of you guys, and anything awaiting me in life beyond that. Life can be very unpredictable, and it's very important that we are happy and proud of who we are and how we go about each day in our lives.

Sorry if this post ended up becoming a bit emotional, but seeing how Chris's life got cut so short is a wake up call to me. No one deserves to leave this world so soon. I'm very happy that I can be a part of such a supportive community, and I'm proud that I was one of thousands of people who signed that thank you King K. Rool letter. I am so excited to main King K. Rool upon Ultimate's launch, and I can't wait to meet others who also look forward to the game. May Chris Taylor rest in piece.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yeah, life can be hard and painful. Life hurts enough on its own and we should try to not add to the pain people feel, the pain we don't see behind avatars or silly names. Try to be kind to one another and make the most of a good, happy thing like this amazing game. Sooner or later we're all going to be facing something difficult. Some of us might not make it to the next game or even this game. Gotta try to celebrate and enjoy what we can while we can.

May Chris RIP.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Mundane observation time.

Since I watch the K. Rool trailer daily, I noticed a glitch in his reveal trailer.

Shows up for just a second. I hope they fix that by release. K. Rool is a very fashionable croc. A relevant character like him can't have wardrobe malfunctions.
You mean the ugly cape? Every cape in Smash is crap, I can't imagine the series without that.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
It's been a long time. I haven't been able to log in since probably 2015. I wish I could've done it earlier so I could join in on the hype the day of K. Rool's confirmation. Doesn't matter now, I'm still excited, and it's good to be here again.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's been a long time. I haven't been able to log in since probably 2015. I wish I could've done it earlier so I could join in on the hype the day of K. Rool's confirmation. Doesn't matter now, I'm still excited, and it's good to be here again.
Well, if you want to experience a bit of the rush, Page 169 is right before everything starts (on reveal day). I like to go back and feel the hype sometimes myself.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Well, if you want to experience a bit of the rush, Page 169 is right before everything starts (on reveal day). I like to go back and feel the hype sometimes myself.
Oh I did already, but thanks for letting me know.

StormC

Smash Hero
You mean the ugly cape? Every cape in Smash is crap, I can't imagine the series without that.
#NotAllCapes

One thing I think is interesting is both Ridley and K. Rool have scars on their bodies (although K. Rool's are much more subtle). Both have taken up a lot of punishment over the years, I guess, but Bowser and Dedede are still looking as fresh as ever.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, not exactly K. Rool related, but it is Donkey Kong related. I just had the craziest idea for a Donkey Kong character rep. Here is how it would work.

I call this character, or these characters, Animal Buddies. There are six animal buddies total, but only three can be on the field of battle. You can choose which three get to be on the field of battle on the character select screen, but two of the six animal buddies each come in a type that determines how they affect the movement and attacks. You can only choose one of each two per type. When three Animal Buddies are chosen and are on the field, the work similar to Rick, Kine and Coo from Kirby Star Allies, as the Animal Buddy changes to another for each function and move. For ground movements and attacks, you have Rambi and Squitter, the air movements would be Squawks and Winky from Donkey Kong Country 1, who can flap wings five times or jump high respectively, and midair attacks are Enguarde and Expresso from Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3. In the water, you control Enguarde, who can even go under the water. As a mid air attacker, Enguarde falls to the ground after making a stabbing motion and flops on the ground until the player moves the character, which turns into either Rambi or Expresso. For their Final Smash, they use Animal Stampede, which all six Animal Buddies go on screen and gang up on/run over the opponent/opponents on the field of battle.

Well, that is my crazy idea. What do you all think?

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Guys, not exactly K. Rool related, but it is Donkey Kong related. I just had the craziest idea for a Donkey Kong character rep. Here is how it would work.

I call this character, or these characters, Animal Buddies. There are six animal buddies total, but only three can be on the field of battle. You can choose which three get to be on the field of battle on the character select screen, but two of the six animal buddies each come in a type that determines how they affect the movement and attacks. You can only choose one of each two per type. When three Animal Buddies are chosen and are on the field, the work similar to Rick, Kine and Coo from Kirby Star Allies, as the Animal Buddy changes to another for each function and move. For ground movements and attacks, you have Rambi and Squitter, the air movements would be Squawks and Winky from Donkey Kong Country 1, who can flap wings five times or jump high respectively, and midair attacks are Enguarde and Expresso from Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3. In the water, you control Enguarde, who can even go under the water. As a mid air attacker, Enguarde falls to the ground after making a stabbing motion and flops on the ground until the player moves the character, which turns into either Rambi or Expresso. For their Final Smash, they use Animal Stampede, which all six Animal Buddies go on screen and gang up on/run over the opponent/opponents on the field of battle.

Well, that is my crazy idea. What do you all think?
I was just thinking about hoe crazy something like this would be the other day, imagining if mad ******* Sakurai did it. Granted, my moveset idea was more streamlined, with the main allure being the novelty of "Imagine if the DK series got a wtf newcomer in the form of the DKC series animal helpers.". Forward special Rambi charge, Squawks recovery with egg projectile, Espresso appears for dash, Squitter could somehow attack, maybe has a spiderweb tether recover as well as web projectile, have a move (possibly a forward tilt) that's just Enguarde stabbing forward, regardless of where he is. No water, he just stabs forward even in the air. Winky/Rattly double jump? (Honestly Rattly would make a good custom up special if custom moves returned.)

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
I’m back (I also haven’t been able to login for years...) ANYWAY, I’ve been watching the thread even though I couldn’t say anything, but YES he is finally back. After I’ve had to sit through years of “irrelevant” arguments (oh yeah, by the record, people were using irrelevant wrong, they were mistaking the word irrelevant with not recent.) I can finally say that everything paid off. After 8/8/2018 I now know how Ridley fans feel, not caring about any new newcomers as you have ascended into the Smash afterlife.

Isn’t it just hilarious after the Retro DKC games the only new things so far that we’ve gotten for the DK series in Ultimate are Kremlings? (Klaptrap assist and K. Rool).

Also I definitely hope this time around we get the Klump and Kopter models from Barrel Blast as trophies... to this day it baffles me. Though we may get a surprise like how we’ve gotten Squitter, Winky, Zinger and the like in previous Smash games (maybe if we’re lucky we’ll get Klobber or something)

The GLORIOUS scales that they fitted K. Rool in is brilliant. I REALLY want to see other Kremlings done in that way...

Behold the glory of doodling at work and Microsoft Paint!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's no right time to come into this world. There's no right time to leave it, heard someone say that so long ago I guess it seems so true now, sigh. I'm glad Chris Taylor got a chance to play the game my thoughts go out to his family and I wish them nothing but the best.

Based on what I've seen of King K. Rool so far he seems to be a heavyweight with great projectiles, a great aerial game, and effective combos can't wait to learn all I can about him.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I was recently thinking about all the animations the animators have to make for the Smash cast and it got me thinking I can't wait to see K.Rool's 2 other victory animations, his hammer animation, his gun shooting animation (super scope, ray gun, etc.), his super mushroom growing animation, his hit the screen animation, his swimming animation, ladder climbing animation, etc. I love the little stuff like that.

EDIT: K.ROOL WITH A TANOOKI TAIL! That is all..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember David Hayter said he hasn't done the codecs for characters. Don't know if they'd return but it would be cool too see one for King K. Rool I know some people. Have done fan ones so pretty cool.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I remember David Hayter said he hasn't done the codecs for characters. Don't know if they'd return but it would be cool too see one for King K. Rool I know some people. Have done fan ones so pretty cool.
Oh yeah, I did one of those two weeks ago

Well.....if we did a Palutena's guidance.....

SNAKE: There's a big fat alligator with a Crown here. And he's giving me a serious look.
OTACON: That's no alligator Snake.
SNAKE: Crocodile then?
OTACON: That's King K Rool, leader of the Kremlings. He's a powerful heavyweight known for his cruelty
SNAKE: Uh, yeah, I kinda gathered that from the name. Are you sure he's not an Alligator.
OTACON: No Snake, the Kremlings are a race of intelligent reptiles that have been harassing the Kong family for years. And K Rool here is the biggest and baddest of all of them.
SNAKE: And most fashionable. That crown looks good on him. I guess there's something about
Crocodiles and Headwear that just go together.
OTACON: .......*bewildered* Sure Snake, whatever you say

D

Deleted member

Sounds about right, good job and yeah would love to say how Snake reacts to the Kremling king. But that sounds about right.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Earlier today, I was going to make a post saying how crazy it would be if hypothetically K. Rool's Blunderbuss had similar properties to Villagers pocket, but then I realized: We don't actually know how the 'Buss interacts with items and projectiles. It's own Cannonball? Can suck up and re-fire. The opponent? It can do a Kirby suck. Barrels? Lloid Rockets? Aura Spheres? Blade Beam? Opponent projectiles remain a mystery. Anybody think it'll have special properties where it can only take physical items like Gordos, Snake rockets/grenades/etc.? (It'd be weird if for some reason it could only take energy based projectiles like Aura Spheres and blade beams, sans cannonball.). I wonder how much potential K. Rool would suddenly have if hypothetically not only were projectiles an unsafe punish for a cannonball whiff, but scary opponents like Cloud could quickly be in a scary situation themselves. And don't get me started on matches with items on. So many shenanigans...

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
You know what's sad?

King K Rool has not one, not two, but three different ways his minions can betray him.

1) Klaptrap Assist Trophy
2) Klaptrap on Congo Falls
3) Klaptrap on Jungle Japes

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You know what's sad?

King K Rool has not one, not two, but three different ways his minions can betray him.

1) Klaptrap Assist Trophy
2) Klaptrap on Congo Falls
3) Klaptrap on Jungle Japes
Klaptrap is a foul traitor.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know, as incredible as his reveal was, the typo in it has been bothering me for a bit, so I took the liberty of fixing it.
View attachment 166992
They really should had done that. His Down B should also be called Kounter rather then Stomach Attack as well as Up B and Side B being called Kopter and Krown Toss.

B: Blunderbass
Side B: Krown Toss
Up B: Kopter
Down B: Kounter
Final Smash: Blast-O-Matic

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I realize K. Rool got revealed at the perfect time. He wasn't announced at E3 with 68 other characters, he wasn't in the unfortunately delayed September Direct, and he's not currently in limbo like so many other fan favorites. Every time I see pessimism from box theory, leaks, and Famitsu columns I breathe a sigh of relief that the Kremling King was already konfirmed.

This has probably been discussed before, but in a hypothetical story/adventure mode what sort of character interactions with the King would you like to see? I'm partial to him teaming up with Ridley. Both due to their reptilian traits and their shared history in Smash fandom.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
There's no right time to come into this world. There's no right time to leave it, heard someone say that so long ago I guess it seems so true now, sigh. I'm glad Chris Taylor got a chance to play the game my thoughts go out to his family and I wish them nothing but the best.

Based on what I've seen of King K. Rool so far he seems to be a heavyweight with great projectiles, a great aerial game, and effective combos can't wait to learn all I can about him.
Something, something about feeding alligators grenades in Snake Eater and blowing them up for food.

Makes me think though, if K. Rool sucks up something explosive with his blunderbuss, will THAT cause it to blow up in his face?

Top Bottom