• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
The official K Rool trailer has now surpassed 800k views! Likes are at 22k vs a measly 236 dislikes atm. What a great time to be alive.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Gamespot's K. Rool is already at 1.4 M. And just think of all the little kids that are going to be exposed to K. Rool when the game launches. Millions of children that will come to expect a golden belly crocodile as part of the Nintendo family.

We made it!

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
The King K. Rool forum (and the Simon/Richter one) finally has an icon! Better late than never, lol.

It's times like this I'm really glad we got him confirmed last month. Everyone's crossing their fingers for their most-wanted characters, knowing we're probably only getting one tomorrow, and here we are five weeks into K. Rool's return and anticipating the reveals to come.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
This upcoming direct is the first time I've ever not had to wonder if K. Rool is going to be in Smash. Amazing feeling.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, I hesitated as to whether or not to make this public with less than 24 hours to go until the Direct. . .

But I do have a little bit of super-secret hush-hush insider info that might be of interest to, ah, those of us who are Rare fans.

Don't click if you don't want the reveal spoiled.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So, I hesitated as to whether or not to make this public with less than 24 hours to go until the Direct. . .

But I do have a little bit of super-secret hush-hush insider info that might be of interest to, ah, those of us who are Rare fans.

Don't click if you don't want the reveal spoiled.

AHAHAHAHAAA!!! That made my week! I forgot K. Rool was the boss in Lake Placid.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, tomorrow we welcome a new member to the family. We won't be the new kid on the block anymore!

I think I mixed up my metaphors a bit.

Either way, hope we get some K. Rool footage in the character trailer.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Looks like we finally have our render icon by the subforum title. Just in time!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Hey guys do you think it's finally our time to get K.Rool this direct!? I mean surely it's his time! It's not like he's irrelevant, fat and ugly, too big, owned by Rare/Microsoft, or anything to prevent his inclusion.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
It's frickin awesome how K. Rool's trailer provided so much useful data for our K. Rool crotch analysts.

I'm still a novice compared to some of you but based on my own tests, I think only one conclusion is possible:

He's Playable!!!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
so surreal that I really do not care as much for the next character reveal now that our boi is in. still, enjoy the direct, my guys!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You know, I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to watching a crocodile beat up an innocent dog. And no, the Duck Hunt Dog does not count.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
You know, I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to watching a crocodile beat up an innocent dog. And no, the Duck Hunt Dog does not count.
What are you talking about? That sounds GREAT!
I can't wait to put those MAMMALS in their place!

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know you felt such empathy for Wolf

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I'm having a hard time picturing K Rool using his up throw on Isabelle. She's just so darn happy

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Heck, it'll be fun watching an insane crocodile monarch getting combo'd by a cute little dog secretary.
I kinda love how she stands out among a lot of the recent newcomers.
wild.png

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a hard time picturing K Rool using his up throw on Isabelle. She's just so darn happy
Imagine her struggling in vain as Ganondorf hold her aloft, choking the life out of her and dropping to the floor. And as she gets off her feet, panting and gasping for life giving air she gets up to her knees she looks up just as a dark fist, cloaked in an evil flame goes right into her face.

This is the face of pure terror

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
My two most wanted characters... they both made it IN!!!

I didn’t think I could be any more excited about Smash than I already was, but this... King K. Rool AND Isabelle!!!!

I’M SO EXCITED!!!!

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
That Direct was good. Excited for Animal Crossing Switch. Very excited for Civilization VI's Switch port. Wish it wasn't leaked ahead, but oh well. Katamari Damacy and all the Final Fantasy stuff was surprising (in a good way). Isabelle was also surprising in a good way. Didn't expect to see her today in the Direct. One of my friends in real life is a big Animal Crossing fan and wanted Isabelle in Smash (not as much as I did with K. Rool, but almost as much) so I'm happy for her, and any other Isabelle fans. In general the newcomers of Smash Ultimate have been really good choices. I also think Isabelle gives Dixie Kong a slight boost, which is great for us as DKC fans.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
K.Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, Isabelle, Wolf (returning),and Inklings. The characters I wanted are slowly trickeling in! This roster IMO already ****s on Wii U/3DS by a country mile. If we get Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, and Captain Toad (somehow). I think I will die and go to heaven due to roster perfection (if I ignore the 3rd party characters).

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is DEFINITELY living up to its name for sure. The Direct was very solid! Animal Crossing Switch, Luigi's Mansion 3, Final Fantasy, Katamari Damacy, Civilization VI, and Isabelle as a playable fighter in Ultimate were all very pleasant surprises.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Seeing Isabelle as a semi-clone or unique character really gives me hope for Dixie Kong. Dixie never made sense as an echo to me, getting her and King K. Rool both playable in Smash would be a huge victory for us. Here's hoping, King K. Rool was my most wanted and I'm over the moon that he was added at least, so I can't really complain either way.

D

Deleted member

Hoo-boy Great Nintendo Direct, Luigi's Mansion, Final Fantasy remakes, and Animal Crossing, were highlights. Isabelle looks great happy she got in.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So, have you all seen the theory that we have two more characters - Ken and a newcomer - to come based on the Box art? If not, you can find it in the general forums.

With that out of the way, it felt worth considering the newcomers we have if that's true. Inkling and Isabelle are two of the faces of modern Nintendo, Simon Belmont is a big 3rd party with an illustrious history with Nintendo and Ridley is the perennial smash meme at this point.

King K Rool is none of those things. He is here because we all absolutely invaded the ballot, and if the theory is true then he is probably the only character who managed to do that.

That's something quite special, in my opinion.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I mentioned "Crocodile Rockin" earlier and wanted to make this. Not entirely happy with the sprite but any change I try to make just makes it look worse, so it's good enough I guess.
krool alt color.png

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
After Ridley and K. Rool, watching Isabella the nintendodog's trailer was hard. I don't like or hate the character, but wow, was that the most anti climatic trailer we have ever seen or what?

Here's hoping we see geno, banjo or isaac!

StormC

Smash Hero
So, have you all seen the theory that we have two more characters - Ken and a newcomer - to come based on the Box art? If not, you can find it in the general forums.

With that out of the way, it felt worth considering the newcomers we have if that's true. Inkling and Isabelle are two of the faces of modern Nintendo, Simon Belmont is a big 3rd party with an illustrious history with Nintendo and Ridley is the perennial smash meme at this point.

King K Rool is none of those things. He is here because we all absolutely invaded the ballot, and if the theory is true then he is probably the only character who managed to do that.

That's something quite special, in my opinion.
If K. Rool is the ONLY unique "ballot" character in the base game... oh god. There will be lots of tantrums and yelling.

I'll feel bad for the fanbases that got their hopes up but are probably not likely for DLC, like Isaac and Bandana Dee (unlike characters like Banjo-Kazooie), but man... after all the years and arguing, people would flip their **** if it was just K. Rool and nobody else.

I don't necessarily buy into the boxart theory but in the worst case scenario Sakurai has already given me almost everything I could ask for. Anything more is just being greedy.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
If K. Rool is the ONLY unique "ballot" character in the base game... oh god. There will be lots of tantrums and yelling.

I'll feel bad for the fanbases that got their hopes up but are probably not likely for DLC, like Isaac and Bandana Dee (unlike characters like Banjo-Kazooie), but man... after all the years and arguing, people would flip their **** if it was just K. Rool and nobody else.

I don't necessarily buy into the boxart theory but in the worst case scenario Sakurai has already given me almost everything I could ask for. Anything more is just being greedy.
Yeah, it's nice to be in a position where I don't even care about the newcomer reveals. Inkling, Ridley, Simon and K Rool had me covered so well I'd almost rather skip whatever newcomers there are yet to come and just get the game now.

D

Deleted member

I don't believe the box art theory means anything, but who knows, if there is DLC, Probably won't get all of it myself.

Hope some characters people want get in but we'll see.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Came across this villains montage at KYM.

I'm in awe...
OK, but... some of these really aren't villains. Rathalos and Bulborb are just wild animals (if you really need a "villain" from Pikmin the Plasm Wraith would be a better choice), Agent 8 is a straight-up hero, and Glass Joe!? He's far too lovable and pathetic to be even remotely villainous. Try Aran Ryan, or King Hippo for the Captain N reference.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Well Duck Hunt dog isn't innocent he's been laughing at people for decades

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So, K. Rool probably isn't getting his ship as a stage in the base game. But do you guys think there is a chance of it being DLC?

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Is it worth it to drive 30 minutes and wait potentially hours to play as K Rool as Best Buy? I'm dyin here manes

So, K. Rool probably isn't getting his ship as a stage in the base game. But do you guys think there is a chance of it being DLC?
Do we have for sure confirmation that his stage is not in the game?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I'd be pretty surprised if we got a Gangplank Galleon stage. I think we're just gonna have to make do with Pirate Ship.
MAYBE if they did costume DLC and gave K. Rool the whole Kaptain getup we could get a Flying Krock to go along with it, but I very much doubt it.

So far the only confirmed new stages are from Switch installments in huge series (Odyssey and BotW) and franchises that are newly represented in Smash (Splatoon and Castlevania). If Donkey Kong Country gets a new installment during Smash Ultimate's lifespan I'd call it more likely, though current trends in DK stages would suggest it'd just be another jungle rather than something based specifically on K. Rool.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Is it worth it to drive 30 minutes and wait potentially hours to play as K Rool as Best Buy? I'm dyin here manes

Do we have for sure confirmation that his stage is not in the game?
I feel like if it was, we would have seen it in his reveal trailer. I mean, it could potentially still happen, but if not then, when?

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I just want literally one stage from DK that we can legally play on because the music is godlike and the stages are all banned.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I feel like if it was, we would have seen it in his reveal trailer. I mean, it could potentially still happen, but if not then, when?
Okay fair

I just want literally one stage from DK that we can legally play on because the music is godlike and the stages are all banned.
This is your year my boi omega stages and such will almost guarantee legality. I also definitely want a new stage though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's what the Final Destination and Battlefield forms of each stage are for. (though didn't they ban some stages because the backgrounds were too distracting? I'm not too invested into competitive Smash, so I'm not certain about that)

Top Bottom