• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Are you talking about the moving sigs or normal sigs? I made my Wizpig sig on Paint.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Lol, I didn't have any intention to mention the making of a sig... it was to color the King K(irby) Rool (besides, I've already tried GIMP... Gimp dun like Vista D=)

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Just wow.

Chronosquare, that's an amazing moveset. In fact, the only thing I would change is the down B move, and even that is debatable. Nice Job!

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Wow. Just wow.

Chronosquare, that's an amazing moveset. In fact, the only thing I would change is the down B move, and even that is debatable. Nice Job!
That's not a moveset. That's an incomplete listing of the moveset's special moves XD

Trust me, a full moveset would be just as long as one of the first posts in this thread; it would have ALL moves like that with knockback, damage, and range - and that's just from before; I still would need to include formatting for priority, and I think there's some other things overlooked that could be included... if I felt like it.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
hmmm 1 problem Kropno_square, is that up B should Karoon K. Roolenstien's copter pack, thing, and alot of the moves are Kaptain K. Rools. He should use his gun for hsi normal b move

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Yeah, that was another thing that nagged at the bag of my mind - couldn't he use that helipack for an up-b move or for a run animation? (I thought of him hovering along to run, but I like Muffin man's idea better for a run animation :D)

The thing that made me question that, and originally his use of the Blunderbuss in the first place, was where he would take them from; the best place for K.Rool to hide things would be under his cape; OK, that can explain the Blunderbuss, but that would create a problem for the helipack. If it's under the cape, wouldn't the cape get in the way of its deployment? That's why I didn't think to put that down as his up-b...

EDIT: Oh, also for clarity, the down-B is supposed to be his summoning of cannonballs falling down from the sky from DKC 1... but also I thought of a way to take the attack from DKC 1 and tie it in with his other attacks... y'know, my whole "Brawl is going to be about interactivity" theory. (But I'm glad we're discussing this now - helps me to revise what a more probable version might be ^_^)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
hmmm 1 problem Kropno_square, is that up B should Karoon K. Roolenstien's copter pack, thing, and alot of the moves are Kaptain K. Rools. He should use his gun for hsi normal b move

I was just thinking if they used K. Rool copter pack would that make him a glider like Meta and Pit. Would anyone like that to happen?

I actually wouldn't like that but I'm just wondering:confused:

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Oh, didn't know that. Glad the post got deleted.

However, I have an idea for a section. What about, instead of cons, we put a section called "Rebuttals to Common Arguements"? It's probably not a good idea to put cons in a support thread.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Oh, didn't know that. Glad the post got deleted.

However, I have an idea for a section. What about, instead of cons, we put a section called "Rebuttals to Common Arguements"? It's probably not a good idea to put cons in a support thread.
Sounds right to me. There are quite a few ridiculous arguments floating around the King, especially the one about how he's too similar to Bowser.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Sounds right to me. There are quite a few ridiculous arguments floating around the King, especially the one about how he's too similar to Bowser.
About that one...

That's like saying that Ridley shouldn't get in, because he's reptilian like Bowser. Or saying that since DK is a primate, that Diddy shouldn't have gotten in because he's one too. (And yes, I am aware that humans are primates too, but they don't really count)

Oh, and don't even talk to me about Falco and Dedede. Obviously, because they're both birds, one should get cut![/sarcasm]

Seriously, does K. Rool use flame breath? Does he have a shell with spikes on it? No, and those are just a few of the differences between the two. K. Rool could easily have a totally different moveset from Bowser.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I like your idea bout rubbutles, but i dnt no any Q's to rebut.... but you guys could help me and find some common ones.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
I like your idea bout rubbutles, but i dnt no any Q's to rebut.... but you guys could help me and find some common ones.
Well, I have an answer to a common one above your post; that K. Rool doesn't need to be in because he'd be too much like Bowser.

Edit: I am talking about my rebuttal to this reason; I'm not actually saying that this is a good reason not to be in.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Well, I have an answer to a common one above your post; that K. Rool doesn't need to be in because he'd be too much like Bowser.
K. Rool is not like bowser at all..

if you play the original donkey kong country trilogy then it would be easier to see the major differences.

K. rool would move way faster than bowser, and he doesnt breathe fire lol.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
thanks guys anymore???
Well, there is the fact that many view him as not being serious enough for a villain. Well duh! The DKC series, besides having great gameplay and graphics, also had pretty good humor for a video game. It makes sense, then, that K. Rool would be humorous as well.

And besides, he hasn't always been a pushover. Yes, the first two games he was after DK's banana hoard for whatever reason, but after his island was destroyed in DKC 2, his only goal was to destroy the Kongs and their island. Sinister, ay?

Luigi player

Smash Master
I think he does his job as a villain pretty good. At least he doesn't team up with the good guys (I'm not sure about that in the new games....) like some others...

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
I think he does his job as a villain pretty good. At least he doesn't team up with the good guys (I'm not sure about that in the new games....) like some others...
Yeah, *cough**cough*Dr*cough*. Eggman*cough*

I think that's just a coincidence, but K. Rool do infact look like the Super Mario Show version of Bowser.

Of course, that Bowser existed 4 years before K. Rool.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Haha right. Villains get boring if they team up with the good guys. It's okay with me if it happens maybe once or twice or very rarely... but not in (nearly) every game >_>

And that Bowser picture... I actually thought first that it's supposed to be K. Rool XD They reallly did look VERY similar O.o strange... but oh well that was a long time ago and now they look much more different ^^

And to lex.aut:
Yes, go go heavy chars! The name of SSBB should've been "Super Smash Bros. The Revenge Of The Heavy Weights" XD

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
What if K Rool summoned like 6 of Neckys and they shoot coconuts, and if you get close to them they peck you for major knock back.

Or He could like summon a barrage of canon balls.

Luigi player

Smash Master
^ I too had the idea with the cannon balls... like he does in DKC. He jumps really high and then when he hits the ground there are falling cannon balls from the top of the stage from the point where K. Rool stands to the end of the stage, but I didn't think it is that great /:

I really have no other idea... maybe summon some Klap Traps, but... that would be strage /: how about he summons one giant Klap Trap (appears once in DK64 :D) and K. Rool rides on it and you control it through the stage and bite people XD

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't he just use the Blast-O-Matic from DK 64? It could fire a huge beam on the stage, from either the back or sides.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
From what I've heard, there are a few suggestions as to what his FS could be...

1) The Cannonball Cannonade, taken from his DKC1 attack (in which case he wouldn't have a similar special attack, which might rule out his high jump as well)

2) KAOS; he's remote controlled in DKC3, but I think as an "upgrade" he might make it out as a pseudo-mech where K.Rool would enter KAOS to control it as a FS...

3) The Blast-O-Matic from DK64, firing on the whole stage with a series of laser beams (honestly I don't remember this one too well; been years since I played DK64...)

Before we go about trying to decide a FS, let me make note of some things...
1) All of the FSes seen so far involve an action performed by the character; therefore, I feel that a mere "summon" FS (such as the Blast-O-Matic) would have its chances lowered as his FS...

2) None of the FSes so far, because they're character-action oriented, have summoned anything in the background; because of this, unless Blast-O-Matic comes on the sides, I seriously doubt that will be his FS...

Personally, I think K.Rool is going to have a new FS, either completely new or something made-up impromptu. Off the top of my head, I can see them doing a Sonic/Diddy/Pikachu/Yoshi - style FS, with K.Rool's helipack going to keep him in the air, combining it with his slide from DKC2; he'd go invisible, with heli-pack dust and blunderbuss "thrust" giving away his position, he could deal damage by running into people; however, the blunderbuss would emit a gas that either slows characters down/inverses their controls while he flies, making it easy to run into them...
(Just a random thought on a FS; if someone wanted to take that and improve/word it better, be my guest...)

P.S. lol yes if you're wondering cannonade really IS a word; it came to mind and I was so befuddled by it that I had to look it up to make sure I wasn't just inventing a word... I wasn't. I absolutely LOVE it when my brain does this to me ^_^

EDIT: Woohoo lol; I REALLY should've checked today's Brawl update before writing this... Lucas's FS defys my points written above; as such, I'd say that Lucas's FS increased greatly K.Rool's chances of a Cannonball Cannonade as a FS.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
From what I've heard, there are a few suggestions as to what his FS could be...

1) The Cannonball Cannonade, taken from his DKC1 attack (in which case he wouldn't have a similar special attack, which might rule out his high jump as well)

2) KAOS; he's remote controlled in DKC3, but I think as an "upgrade" he might make it out as a pseudo-mech where K.Rool would enter KAOS to control it as a FS...

3) The Blast-O-Matic from DK64, firing on the whole stage with a series of laser beams (honestly I don't remember this one too well; been years since I played DK64...)

Before we go about trying to decide a FS, let me make note of some things...
1) All of the FSes seen so far involve an action performed by the character; therefore, I feel that a mere "summon" FS (such as the Blast-O-Matic) would have its chances lowered as his FS...

2) None of the FSes so far, because they're character-action oriented, have summoned anything in the background; because of this, unless Blast-O-Matic comes on the sides, I seriously doubt that will be his FS...

Personally, I think K.Rool is going to have a new FS, either completely new or something made-up impromptu. Off the top of my head, I can see them doing a Sonic/Diddy/Pikachu/Yoshi - style FS, with K.Rool's helipack going to keep him in the air, combining it with his slide from DKC2; he'd go invisible, with heli-pack dust and blunderbuss "thrust" giving away his position, he could deal damage by running into people; however, the blunderbuss would emit a gas that either slows characters down/inverses their controls while he flies, making it easy to run into them...
(Just a random thought on a FS; if someone wanted to take that and improve/word it better, be my guest...)
Actually, something like this would be more probable. I mean, almost no Final Smashes are actually used in the game the character comes from- I mean, Mario shoots a giant fireball, Link does some wierd super slash, and Ice climbers summon a huge iceberg.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Actually, something like this would be more probable. I mean, almost no Final Smashes are actually used in the game the character comes from- I mean, Mario shoots a giant fireball, Link does some wierd super slash, and Ice climbers summon a huge iceberg.
Another semi-point that comes from the edit - from what I've read, Lucas's FS Pk Starstorm came from the game... (but regardless, the Cannonball Cannonade would end up being only based on K.Rool's attack from DKC1... that's not gonna be pulled directly from the game)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
K. Rool's final smash.. hmmm...

He could summon his Big-O-Blaster! Isn't that what it is called? Anyways, his giant Kremling ship pulls up, and the entrance to Hide-Out Helm opens (the Kremling machine's mouth), and the Big-O-Blaster zaps the whole stage!

Imma think of more haha.

Also... the moveset on the first page... Um, its not a bad one but I think it could be improved.

Top Bottom