• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
And I also wanna comment on the Kirby K. Rool hat. I think it'd be kinda cool to give him the eye too but maybe that wouldn't fit Kirby well but just a thought.
Well, I thought the teeth were a bit much myself, and I didn't want at add anything else. Maybe I should make another one with the eye instead of the teeth...

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Yes sorry, i lost the link, for some reason can't find it, could you remid the url, it's not that i dnt l;ike jus avent got, anywy m goin now, i'll leave you guys to it then. Also i'll add your sig when i come back, btw it'd be better if you do recolors of the dk swing of king, otherwise i'll have show the original of dk64, and all it's recolors but it looks good

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Yes sorry, i lost the link, for some reason can't find it, could you remid the url, it's not that i dnt l;ike jus avent got, anywy m goin now, i'll leave you guys to it then. Also i'll add your sig when i come back, btw it'd be better if you do recolors of the dk swing of king, otherwise i'll have show the original of dk64, and all it's recolors but it looks good
It'd be much easier for me if I used the one I'm using now. I'm going to redo the old ones, so don't worry..

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Well, I thought the teeth were a bit much myself, and I didn't want at add anything else. Maybe I should make another one with the eye instead of the teeth...

Yeah the teeth did look a lil wierd but I didn't wanna diss your pic I jsut wanted too make a suggestion of adding on the eye. But I did like your pic still. It kinda gives me hope that will see K. Rool in Brawl. But if you wanna try making one with the eye then by all means do the d@mn thing.:)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Here's the K. Rool Blue costume:

And I'm going to make that Kirby hat here in a moment. I'll have it done soon.

Hmmmm not bad. This would work too. Maybe the greenish should be just yellow or purple or something but once again good work. Now while Blitz is doing the K. Rool Kirby. My question about the K. Rool Kirby is what attack would Kirby mimic from K. Rool. I know some first guesses would be the crown throw, but wouldn't that be a lil boring. I wouldn't even want to swallow K. Rool if that's all you get out of it. Any guesses cuz I'm not sure if I can think of 1 attack that Kirby could use off of K. Rool.:confused:

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
I could picture K.Rool having a GREAT stage.

His ship, of course. It could float by DK Island, or that one island in Donkey kong country 2.

Stage name : Gangplank Galleon.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Hmmmm not bad. This would work too. Maybe the greenish should be just yellow or purple or something but once again good work. Now while Blitz is doing the K. Rool Kirby. My question about the K. Rool Kirby is what attack would Kirby mimic from K. Rool. I know some first guesses would be the crown throw, but wouldn't that be a lil boring. I wouldn't even want to swallow K. Rool if that's all you get out of it. Any guesses cuz I'm not sure if I can think of 1 attack that Kirby could use off of K. Rool.:confused:
Kirby always copies the B move. He'll get a musket and fire cannonballs.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I could picture K.Rool having a GREAT stage.

His ship, of course. It could float by DK Island, or that one island in Donkey kong country 2.

Stage name : Gangplank Galleon.

Yeah and this is the music that can go with it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VXhDjxfzzZw&feature=related
(K. Rool boss theme from DKC2.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CV_FVpUOqGc&feature=related
(Gank Plank Galleon. K. Rool boss theme in DKC.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rzv1nYGmKfA&feature=related
(This is the like a sequel to Gank Plank Galleon, it's a stage in DKC2)

By the way nice try Bltiz, appreaite you for trying. I don't blame you for not being able to do it. It seems like it'd be pretty hard to make it fit right.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
By the way nice try Bltiz, appreaite you for trying. I don't blame you for not being able to do it. It seems like it'd be pretty hard to make it fit right.
You have no idea...

EDIT: Old K. Rool costumes redone! The other one is in a previous post.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
so its kinda hard but i'll change the recolors to the 3-d version when have at the moment im full with uni work. and will be able to do at max time, updating sgs. And wel lto tell you the truth ididn't like the teeth, i think the eye a humungous part K. Rool. Also consider gold braces, some people think thats another major part of him but i don't als if kirby copied moves, it's be his normal costum ove, throwing crown.

Grandeza

Smash Master
nice recolors betr than anything i can do but the teeth on the kirby looked a litttle sloppy. Maybe for the kirby try the eye and show it to us even if it looks out of place because its essential to k. rool.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
sorry blitzerkied my internet is slow oday... so iwon't have time to update the recolors, it tooke melike half an hour for it to load.... and i still cnt see the pics.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Hmm, the recolors are nice starting positions, but personally I think they're a bit too monochromatic... well, not technically; but you get the idea. His cape isn't the same color as his belly and cuffs... so it shouldn't be the same color as they are in his alt. colors; at the very least it'd be a different hue, and probably the color of the border along the bottom of cape would change as well... (but I know that's a hard detail to do so if you couldn't do that separate of the cape I wouldn't blame ya.)

Well, I guess it'll take one more day to figure out the scanner, because I got so messed up in the weekend... I was planning on going back to the dorms by noon, but instead we stayed up until 6 am playing 4-player Halo 3 on 2 TVs. MAN, that was fun :D

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I hope K. Rool's role "should he appear" in the subspace should be him working with bowser against mario and donkey kong. Or something along those lines.

D

Deleted member

I like the ideas of the alts but wouldn't that mean that K. Rool (the first DKC appearance. (obvious choice for the startinc costume)) would have to have a Gun and Jet pack?

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
OMG guys the K. Rool things 2day.... vot 4 him now... I'm pretty shore i can updte the recolors 2day... anyone who has posted over 20 want to join Kremling Power. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125751&page=75 and vote 4 k. rool... he has a chance of coming second.... Does anyone... have anythin to help the thread..... e.g. pros and cons, question we can rebut, etc.... also keep the fan wrok coming thats what makes a thread feel home.

BTW.... vote 4 k. rool ........... NOW!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

Bow down to the King! Yes. It seems that K. Rool has this win in the bag guys!

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
we pawned round 16 of *Smashboards CHARACTER BATTLE!*, but guys itaint over yet... he is jus made it to part 2! :p!!!!!! Keep voting and improve the thread

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
sig... n00bs will eventually bow down to k. rool.. By the way General Scales was after K. Rool... so technically Scales is more of a copy. Althoughg i really want Scales as a boss. coz as his moves/want makes characters a boss... fits perfectly:p

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
i can't imagine both dixie or K. rool assists... howqever dixie could apear as an alt for diddy.. although they got different moves, although their body and cloathing is kinda similar... I cant think of what K. Rool would do if an AT.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
If he can't do anything as an AT, or a boss. what can he do even as a playable character? I think Dixie and K. Rool can both be playable, but if it's just one Dixie would bring more things to the table.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
i think both dixie (lack of girls) and K. Rool (lack of villian and heavyweight) both could get in but one problem, is that Dixie is so similar to Diddy, and they've confirmed diddy will have an alt coloring similar to dixie, so she is out.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
she's out? So in that case Luigi is out too. :(

I don't think she's out, she's not similar at all to Diddy other than her physical, if that's what takes her out then Luigi should leave as well.

There's not enough female heroes out there, but plenty of villains out there. Dixie would bring more to the table in Brawl than K. Rool.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Yes but on E for All one of the colors for Diddy had a pink shirt, and a pink cap ... the colors of dixies cloatthing. Whilst their is no alt coloring for mario that is luigis cloathing, green shirt and blue overalls. I can;'t explain even easier than that

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
colors don't really mean a thing, he doesn't wear her clothing he just uses pink as a color like Mario uses green as a color.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool is the main antagonist of the games and has appeared more often than Dixie ever has. In addition, he would have more potential for a different moveset, and would be less like the other DK character than Dixie ever could. Seriously, what has Dixie done besides jump around and roll? One could say that for Diddy too, but he has been shown to use other moves in DK 64 (which of course, Dixie didn't appear in).

Overall, Dixie just isn't important and unique enough to warrant a spot over K. Rool.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I have to agree with hello_kitty, Dixie would bring more to the table than K. Rool would, she's one of the very few iconic/popular female heroes....K. Rool being the main villain, and more recurring guarantees him a spot either a boss, AT (andross), or character. but to the general public Dixie is more iconic (I think), and with the absence of Diddy's trophy in Melee...maybe he was going to be playable there, and DK being a major franchise to Nintendo and one of the oldest, DK can defenitly get up to four reps.

Dixie is defenitly original, have you played her games? she doesn't do everything like Diddy or DK, she can use her super Ponytail to do things, such as attack, fly, carry things, and she even uses a guitar ^_^

IMO I think Brawl will have 4 DK reps, it can surely hold up to four.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but K. Rool got a trophy as well. That doesn't mean anything.

And though, yes, she is a heroe and a female, she would still probably be a light or medium weight character. However, King K. Rool would add a villain, a heavy weight, and overall a more interesting character. I mean, he shoots cannonballs, throws his crown like a boomerang, calls down cannonballs from the sky, using a copter back etc. etc. What does Dixie do? Fly with her hair, and that's about it. Grabbing with her hair and such doesn't really count, because those couldn't really be special moves. In fact, what would her B moves be? Can't think of any? Neither can I.

K. Rool is simply more important, and would probably be more unique than Dixie ever could be. Not saying she won't ever be in, but she definetly has a lower chance than K. Rool.

Edit: And Commander Blitzkrieg, I love that anti-Geno message in your sig! It's exactly how I feel about him.

Top Bottom